Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Article: PlayStation 4 Is Called Orbis, Arrives in Late 2013, Prevents Used Gaming

mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Microsoft has been behaving nicely as of late, I'm surprised to hear that they're doing this too. You'd figure they'd be the ones to take advantage and muscle a non-lock feature to either undercut Sony or force them to give in. Consoles just won't sell as well with this in place, and if the medium doesn't sell, the derivatives get cut immensely. It's a compound effect, how did these idiots acquire their jobs?

2. vBCms Comments   -   #12
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    How about the other, ancillary problems associated with this stance...

I would like to play the game I purchased, and own, on a friends' console. Nope.

No borrowing games from friends. Nope.

Got poor neighbor kids with nothing to do but trample your yard, and torture your house pets? Want to give them some old games to play? Nope.

I have a Gamecube and an Xbox1 that still work, have fun games, and are plugged into my media room right now for my kids to play. What are the chances these 5-7 year old games (that I own) will be around on servers for me to play as I wish. I'm fine with my kids learning/destroying an old game system and its disks. Not so much when games are $60 each, and consoles are $300-500.

3. vBCms Comments   -   #13
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    I'd like to know how a kid under 2.5 years of age can play an XBOX.
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

4. vBCms Comments   -   #14
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by Hole69 View Post
    Another obsolete console from the start, blurry low res textures, still can't do 1080p without upscaling, texture pop-in, low draw distance, boxy levels, the whole scope of a game reduced because the consoles can't hack it.
    And which we all know that all those things is what makes a game fun, right?

Anyways, all I can say is that I hope either of these consoles get hacked or I'll more than likely never buy either one if it turns out to be true that you'll have to only buy brand new games. And I have absolutely no doubt that the price of new games are going to increase again this next gen.

If there's no hacking going on then I'm sure the Wii U will be my only console of this next gen. Which since Nintendo is going HD and already there's a lot of third party support for the console, it'll surely be leagues better than the Wii. All the FPS/M-Rated kiddies should be happy this time around with a Nintendo console.

Quote Originally Posted by mjmacky View Post
    Microsoft has been behaving nicely as of late, I'm surprised to hear that they're doing this too. You'd figure they'd be the ones to take advantage and muscle a non-lock feature to either undercut Sony or force them to give in.
    I agree completely. Hopefully by Sony going this route and MS not will force Sony out of the console business altogether. Wishful thinking...

5. vBCms Comments   -   #15
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmacky View Post
    I'd like to know how a kid under 2.5 years of age can play an XBOX.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

6. vBCms Comments   -   #16
    And SONY, you won't get any of my used money either ^_^

7. vBCms Comments   -   #17
    CQ1ST's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    How about the other, ancillary problems associated with this stance...

I would like to play the game I purchased, and own, on a friends' console. Nope.

No borrowing games from friends. Nope.
    you gotta be kidding me

..and these companies and their new stance: "the customer is definitely wrong now, the customer is hurting us so badly, the customer must be stopped!"

8. vBCms Comments   -   #18
    Poster
    most of us are happy with free ps3 games for next 5 years lol

9. vBCms Comments   -   #19
    Xbox_360's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    This is just BS, some troll trying to get a rise from people. If they did this guarantee sales would be down and they would be removing this crap from the system. The only way this would ever work is if we the customer get heavy discounts on new games, I am talking no more then $30 for a new game. Older games as well would have to get cheaper over time, like Steam cheap like games for $10 and lower.
    Last edited by Xbox_360; 04-05-2012 at 06:17 AM.

10. vBCms Comments   -   #20
    both the xbox one and ps4 are boring i only bought a ps4 for bloodborne i'm looking forward to dark souls 3 but i'm going to play that on steam

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12