Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Article: PlayStation 4 Is Called Orbis, Arrives in Late 2013, Prevents Used Gaming

Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24

2. vBCms Comments   -   #2
    they will kill GameFly with this.

3. vBCms Comments   -   #3
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    The next Xbox is rumored to not allow used games to be played on it as well? If that turns out to be true I won't be getting the next Xbox or the PS4(which I doubt I would have gotten the PS4 anyways, I still don't have the PS3).

I hope both companies fold in the gaming market and Nintendo is the last one standing...

4. vBCms Comments   -   #4
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    It's not really either MS or Sony's fault, as they suffer this pressure from the game developers, who wish to sell more copies instead having one being sold from hand to hand.

Just look at EA's recent attempts to tackle this issue.
    Last edited by Cabalo; 03-30-2012 at 08:48 PM.

5. vBCms Comments   -   #5
    Poster
    gamefly,gamestop,redbox stocks are all going to drop like crazy if this happens.

6. vBCms Comments   -   #6
    Books exist despite Libraries and despite to possibility to sell them used.

Where I play PS3 I don't have Internet and even if I had I simply won't trust Sony with any of my data since the company has proven both: malevolent and incompetent.

7. vBCms Comments   -   #7
    If the game can't be bought used then I imagine they'll take the p*ss with prices pretty quickly

8. vBCms Comments   -   #8
    i think the smart thing to do is quit releasing newer consoles and just release revisions. microsft has sort of been doing this more than sony and i wonder if that is their intention. why start from scratch every few years? if they have a good model/architecture design, they can just periodically release revised consoles. they would save money in r+d, not have to sell the consoles at a loss, and consumers would not have to buy a new console every few years that wont play their old games. the current generation consoles have been around for a while and they still dont have much trouble playing newer, more demanding games. and if the there are too many games where the system cant meet its needs they just release a revised model that can. i think they would stand to make a lot more money by doing so and it would be better for the consumer as well.

9. vBCms Comments   -   #9
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by proforma View Post
    Books exist despite Libraries and despite to possibility to sell them used.
    This statement is so entirely on the mark. Regardless of which company(ies) are behind it, it is STILL corporate greed. Look at the massive amounts of profit in these games, and tell me they NEED to put an end to the reselling of non-installed software. Unlike PC software which can be installed, so far, these games still require the availability of these game discs to be played. Customers can't have their games, and sell them too. Therefore, there is NO reason why software companies need to stop people from selling games they no longer wish to have.

I'm sure car companies would prefer everyone would purchase a new car, and not sell their used one to someone else. That, too, would increase the demand (profitability) of new car companies.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

10. vBCms Comments   -   #10
    Another obsolete console from the start, blurry low res textures, still can't do 1080p without upscaling, texture pop-in, low draw distance, boxy levels, the whole scope of a game reduced because the consoles can't hack it. Good news for AMD though. Back to my far superior PC . . . . .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast