Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What are alternatives to torrents?

Um, hi. I didn't really want to post in public, but the person told me on forums and not in PM. I would like to apologize first even though this is not the right section for this, so I won't stay on the subject. I do want to apologize for everyone about my posts/threads. I'm also hoping that people will stop give me a chance overall, and also be nice by replying. Thank you!

I haven't been keeping up on the subject about the laws for the US for torrents, and everything else. Are people still using a VPN who lives in the US to keep themselves safe from the law? Or people are moving away from the torrents? I just found out about something like the CISPA law, but I don't know anything about it. Are people moving to a new network and/or clients to download? Or how are people getting around this? I would myself like for a new safer network without tracking my IP. That's my opinion since I am fearful by police authorities.

Thank you all for reading!

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by rocky12 View Post
    Um, hi. I didn't really want to post in public, but the person told me on forums and not in PM. I would like to apologize first even though this is not the right section for this, so I won't stay on the subject. I do want to apologize for everyone about my posts/threads. I'm also hoping that people will stop give me a chance overall, and also be nice by replying. Thank you!

I haven't been keeping up on the subject about the laws for the US for torrents, and everything else. Are people still using a VPN who lives in the US to keep themselves safe from the law? Or people are moving away from the torrents? I just found out about something like the CISPA law, but I don't know anything about it. Are people moving to a new network and/or clients to download? Or how are people getting around this? I would myself like for a new safer network without tracking my IP. That's my opinion since I am fearful by police authorities.

Thank you all for reading!
    I think it has to be public to actually qualify as a post.

Just my opinion but as you history here seems to be all about obsessive worrying about hiding your identity and not "getting caught" maybe you should maybe consider not breaking the Law in the first place and then you won't have anything to worry about.
    A wise man named Sammy Davis Jr. said "Don't do the crime if you can't do the time".

Btw I'm not being flip.Movies and music are relatively cheap, peace of mind is priceless.

Also you're not Canadian so please stop apologizing for no reason.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 05-26-2012 at 01:43 AM.
    Respect my lack of authority.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Thank you for replying to my thread!

Do you mainly use torrents, or do you use DDL/Warez? Or what do you use? I prefer to still download.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    DDL is essentially dead for me.
    Private trackers is one security, VPN/seedbox is an additional one. A good BT VPN is btguard for example.
    Usenet is another very cool alternative, and is very secure.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Unfortunately, would there be any free alternatives? I could never get any luck with invites to private trackers. My luck with that would be horrible.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Well, private trackers are free.
    Of course, you can also try darknet/freenet, soulseek, winny, etc. but it's not my cup of tea.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Cascadeur View Post
    Well, private trackers are free.
    Of course, you can also try darknet/freenet, soulseek, winny, etc. but it's not my cup of tea.
    Thank you so much!

How could I get into a private tracker? I am a member at Demonoid. If you like, but you don't have too, could you help me by getting a decent invite?

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    johhny's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Try Usenet and DDL.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Do you recommend oneddl? Or what top DDL sites do you recommend? I can't register at Warez-BB.org because the admin does not allow new registrations. I did sent an email to coolyou, but he didn't reply.

QUOTE=johhny;3679195]Try Usenet and DDL.[/QUOTE]

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by rocky12 View Post
    Thank you for replying to my thread!

Do you mainly use torrents, or do you use DDL/Warez? Or what do you use? I prefer to still download.
    On further reflection I think you have no worries as if you do get caught they tend go light on minors.

Btw the fact that I apparently totally wasted my breathe on my original post I find rather irksome.
    Respect my lack of authority.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast