Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 714151617

Thread: My Full Review On Www.anonx.com

Double Agent
    Originally posted by Bobohiotk@22 December 2003 - 15:34
    Anonxo, I eagerly wait for a resolution to this.

Regarding the gift and pre-paid credit cards that I mentioned earlier in this thread: I've discovered why so many banks have changed their policy about requiring the purchaser to provide ID. It seems that this is now a requirment in the US following the passing of the Patriot Act. So, for anyone who is planning on getting either a gift or pre-paid credit card, you will have to show ID UNLESS you have someone buy it for you. Afterall, it's not illegal to receive a gift from someone, even if it was 'intended' for another named individual that was identified as the recipient of the gift card at the time of purchase.
    yeah so? just pay some dude 5 bucks to get it for u, easy

2. File Sharing   -   #162
    That's all there is to it.

3. File Sharing   -   #163
    Originally posted by AnonXO@22 December 2003 - 12:03
    There is something more to the problem.

I change the ip header to reflect only the realworld AnonX IPs. This works for eDonkey, but not the IRC.

If have made email contact with the IRC people about the problem to learn more about how IRC works, but at this rate the problem may take a month to solve.

Sorry Guys, the current state of AnonX is as good as it gets for a little while longer.
    Glad to hear its coming along, however I am still getting LOW ID on EMule.
    It appears not to be able to identify the IPort I am at with AnonX on...

I am also curious if there is any progress for BT (yellow status).
    Curious if anything for the SoulSeek (port showing closed) situation as well.

As for IRC let us know I am sure this will be a little more complicated.

Again Keeps Us Posted
    Thanks.

4. File Sharing   -   #164
    Double Agent
    anonxo i've checked ur website on the 20th and today again and i didn't find an article on how to get anonx to work on 98 machines

maybe you can update the website when ur free or post the instructions here in the forum or pm me

thx

5. File Sharing   -   #165
    Also, when AnonX disconnects and is in the process of redialing I CAN surf the web and my IP address IS exposed on all applications, I have tested this while AnonX was in the process of redialing.

I think it was mentioned that Zone Alarm could be used to only allow connection through AnonX, if someone could explain how I would appreciate it...

6. File Sharing   -   #166
    REALITY I think the bit about ZA was just telling us we may need to lower the security levels while connecting to anonx. After connection we could then raise them back to where we want them.

I know at first I couldn't connect to anonx until I lowered mine. Now it's not a problem.

But I am still experiencing a great reduction in dl speed. Most of the time I can only dl slower then I ul. Wouldn't be so bad if my ul was faster then 16-18k but as it is, my average dl speed is a combined of 12 or less. Some torrents I get lucky and get full speed for a bit but not like I used to. The good thing is that I generaly do not need to keep the torrent open after I finish. I usually have already ul'd more then the filesize by the time I am done

To be honest though, for the time being I don't mind the reduction, I just need to keep a couple of files going when I am dl'ing so I can get some speed. But at least slow speed and all, I am hidden.

Eagerly awaiting a solution to the speed issue

TD
    Peace of mind Findnot

No time to work out? Try Folding instead.

7. File Sharing   -   #167
    Poster
    SHEEZ I AM SOD

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 714151617