Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Windows Update Error

abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    Originally posted by angel_of_death57@28 December 2003 - 17:57
    I had same problem turned out i had a virus trying to stop me pacthing the PC so the virus could not spread have u looked into a virus scan i used AVG 7
    wat was this virus called? care to give a link from norton or some other av site?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #32
    Originally posted by pegboy+28 December 2003 - 05:53--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (pegboy @ 28 December 2003 - 05:53)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-nostalgia@28 December 2003 - 09:36
    Shutting down your firewall isn&#39;t enough. After shutting it down, look in the taskmanager. Problably there is still a part of the firewall active (e.g. if I turn off ZAPro it could be that VSmon stays active).
    Agreed. I tried checking with the firewall off and it didnt work. I unistalled the firewall then it worked. Then install again with default options and try again. [/b][/quote]
    hmmm... i only c zclient in taskmanager. i turned it off. there&#39;s not vsmon.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #33
    I was having this problem before. You have to make sure you have the right date and time. My other computer was during it becuase the date was set a year off. Dont know how it got like that. Bur its an easy solution.
    Need a cheap/easy way of modding your xbox? Check this out.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #34
    Originally posted by SingaBoiy@31 December 2003 - 17:28
    I was having this problem before. You have to make sure you have the right date and time. My other computer was during it becuase the date was set a year off. Dont know how it got like that. Bur its an easy solution.
    i got it working. i needed to set a language

5. Software & Hardware   -   #35
    angel_of_death57
    Originally posted by abu_has_the_power+29 December 2003 - 05:06--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (abu_has_the_power @ 29 December 2003 - 05:06)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-angel_of_death57@28 December 2003 - 17:57
    I had same problem turned out i had a virus trying to stop me pacthing the PC so the virus could not spread have u looked into a virus scan i used AVG 7
    wat was this virus called? care to give a link from norton or some other av site? [/b][/quote]
    It was just MSBlast it stops people updating yout windows XP to stop MSBlast spreading.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #36
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Is nt that weird mine only works for the criitical updates . Checked the date im a day ahead. lol xp pro. Running norton & zone alarm pro 4

Changed the date ran antivirus , spybot then turned off antivirus and firewall still wont let me update xp . I think
    ill mark this thread down, some smart cookie will figure this out .

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234