Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 512131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Us To Fingerprint & Photograph All Visa Travellers

clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Originally posted by Monkster@9 January 2004 - 22:24
    I never said that. What I said was that many Americans don't think about anyone but themselves, and they think that America can do whatever it want toward other nations.

The world perceives Amercans as ignorant fools because of there attitude toward other nations.
    And many Brits, French, Saudis, Israelis, Germans, etc., etc., think in exactly the same way.
    We are the world, didn't you know that?
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

2. The Drawing Room   -   #142
    When an uncontested super power appears upon the Earth you will know it by this sign, the impotent will join in a confederacy against it.

Really, it is simple human psychology. All men/nations want autonomy over their lives, their destiny. When this is removed, it causes unrest, anger, and resentment.

Like all the low level workers who gather in the break room talking about how stupid their boss is, slapping each other on the back and laughing. They discredit any achievements of the boss as a ruse to mask their impotence. They demean the boss and his integrity. They wouldn't be caught dead being such an ass kissing low life as their boss who was obviously pandered to all his live.

The Boss acts without caring about others. Yeah, like any country, ever, has passed up something to strengthen itself because it wouldn't be "nice". Humans are humans.

So all I see is anger and specious moral high ground acting as a facade to mask fear and impotence.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

3. The Drawing Room   -   #143
    Poster
    Ok let me put this in one sentance for you since you are not really listening to the points in my longer posts.

If the US stopped supporting terrorists and dictators, the US would be a lot safer than if it just introduces fingerprinting and photos of visitors.

Not one of you attacking me can answer my points. You are blind to what really caused the attacks on the WTC, and as long as you continue to be - it will happen again and again.

On the economic front, the US will lose up to 17million jobs if tourism is badly affected as well as over 5 billion dollars. High price to pay to continue to support terrorists.

Btw, "long overdue" does not mean I welcome the attacks. It means it is surprising that the US was not attacked much earlier.

PS. I am not Lynx or anyone else but myself. I just don't post here much.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #144
    But every country does this to whatever degree it is capable. There are no "nice" governments.

Since governments acting in the self interest in their country will never change, we must deal with the variables that are amenable to change.

It would be nice if we could elect people who can make better decisions about what will be beneficial long term, but unfortunately, we can't seem to find any honest candidates. Politicians are the bigggest chameleons out there, the best liars seem to come out on top.

edit: so big, I used 3 "g"s
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

5. The Drawing Room   -   #145
    lynx's Avatar .
    I'll make one last point, then I'll probably be out of this discussion.

If the failure to acknowledge how damaging US foreign policies are to itself and the rest of the world can cause such vitriol on this board, try to imagine how much hatred the policies themselves cause around the world. And then ask yourselves what sort of response you would expect.

No-one in this thread has wished the terrorist attacks on you, but now that some of the worst terrorist groups are no longer financed by you they obviously see no reason why you shouldn't also be a target.

Say what you will, you won't see an improvement until you remove the cause.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #146
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Originally posted by lynx@10 January 2004 - 07:33

If the failure to acknowledge how damaging US foreign policies are to itself and the rest of the world can cause such vitriol on this board, try to imagine how much hatred the policies themselves cause around the world. And then ask yourselves what sort of response you would expect.

Lynx,
    Sorry to disturb your slumber...
    Can you ( or anyone else for that matter) offer up a country who's foreign policy you would consider to be a model for the US to emulate?

The general sense that I get is that you guys feel that the rest of the world has it all figured out and only the US stands in the way of a utopian future.
    So who should we become?
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

7. The Drawing Room   -   #147
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    Clocker

I recall a Woddy Allen film in which they overthrow the regime of the day. I think the end result was that everyone had to speak Swedish and change their underpants three times a day. (underpants to be worn on the outside of clothing in order to facilitate checking).

Sweden it is then!
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

8. The Drawing Room   -   #148
    Poster
    Originally posted by vidcc+10 January 2004 - 04:31--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (vidcc @ 10 January 2004 - 04:31)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-billyfridge@10 January 2004 - 03:44
    Looks to me like the terrorists are achieving their objectives, mahem and discord.
    they created mayhem on 9&#092;11 and they only need to read this forum to see the discord
    the only good thing so far, if you can call it a good thing, and that is they&#39;re bombing their own people/muslims. i think their heads are so far up their arses the don&#39;t know what they&#39;re doing
    this isn&#39;t having a pop just would like to say on the line about bombing their own people/muslims...erm muslims are not terrorist just happens that some are,as are catholics,protestants, any other religion and any other non religious person that commits acts of terrorism.
    this is not a holy war despite what some might like to say.

i appreciate you are just giving the example about 9/11 but you must have seen how some people blow a slight thing like that out of proportion [/b][/quote]
    Sorry VIDcc, perhaps i was a bit strong on the muslims, is just that it seems all terrorists actually caught are muslims. the UK prisoners held by the US are muslims caught in Afganistan. what were they doing there, on holiday&#33;&#33; what religeon is bin laden? I wonder what religeon the terrorists who are killing US and UK soldiers in Iraq are
    Man U fer eva

9. The Drawing Room   -   #149
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    Billy

I think you might have hit on a truism there.

All Islamic terrorists are Muslims. All Loyalist terrorists in NI are Protestants. All Republican terrorists in NI are Catholic.

Likewise all the indigenous terrorists in Papa New Guinea are native peoples - this equally applies to a number of S. American countries.

At this particular time there is an ideological struggle going on in the ME which because of the regions economic importance has spilled out into the west. There are a lot of conflicts going on in the world but it is human nature to see our conflict as symbolising the whole problem. The fact is, large numbers of people die in these other conflicts too but it goes largely unreported.

There are 1 billion Muslims in the world - very few get involved in terrorism. However, if we play our cards right I suppose we could convince them to do otherwise.
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

10. The Drawing Room   -   #150
    Poster
    Originally posted by billyfridge@11 January 2004 - 02:18

Sorry VIDcc, perhaps i was a bit strong on the muslims, is just that it seems all terrorists actually caught are muslims. the UK prisoners held by the US are muslims caught in Afganistan. what were they doing there, on holiday&#33;&#33; what religeon is bin laden? I wonder what religeon the terrorists who are killing US and UK soldiers in Iraq are
    " in Iraq " yes what are we doing over there......and all the countrys we have seen fit to set foot on their soil and kill them

i am Australian we do whatever the US wants it sucks&#33;

Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 512131415161718 ... LastLast