Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 815161718

Thread: Do You Believe In God?

Skweeky's Avatar Manker's web totty
    I'd never ever force my beliefs onto someone. In fact I hardly ever talk about them because I think religion is a personal matter, so I'm making a big exception for you guys here

I'm just saying that whenever I talk a walk on the beach and watch the sunset, or have a converstaion with Marc and it really feels like he's just the part of me that has always been missing, or I get a letter from my niece,....They're all small things but can make me feel so happy, and that is when I really feel there is something or someone that is larger than us, larger than life.
    I know that there are also many things that counter that. I actually cry when I see pictures of starving children in Africa, or innocent people getting shot because they happen to be born in the wrong part of the world. Religion has caused so many wars and is still causing them.
    Somewhere during the Age of Enlightment a philospher introduced the image of 'God, the Clockmaker'. A being that created, or helped create but slowly takes its hands of that creation to let it grow and evolve. A bit like a parent actually. You can start to raise your kids, and you can influence them, but as they get older they get a mind of their own and there isn't much more that you can do but support them and hope they learn from their mistakes.

I do not have an explanation as to why I believe, I just do....
    I do not believe in all the restrictions the Church holds onto that much, I just believe in God, not in the rules some crazy institution lives by.

There, my two cents. I know you can wipe all my arguments aside with a rational reply, but maybe we don't always have to be that rational

Peace,
    Sonja

2. Lounge   -   #172
    wiv ya on D@ skweeky I dont do the instetutional thang myself either.

Its a hippy dippy nature love thang in my head, A world Soul, ive felt it, the nearest explanation in popular culture would be the Force. But Buddha's got is down pretty dude too, the middle path. Christ taught us how to forgive which is pretty neccesary, and mohammed quelled chaos! im pretty in awe of all the great sages!

God has and always will be the Word in my beeeeeaaaaayyyn.

3. Lounge   -   #173
    Aaron_T's Avatar A duck is watching.
    God is a myth!
    Those who dont learn from the past are doomed to repeat It.

4. Lounge   -   #174
    Creative Mythology _ its All good What a myth eh! Its many myth's all in one!
    Image Resized
    [img]http://img40.photobucket.com/albums/v122/jazzthefunk/niceeeeeee.jpg' width='200' height='120' border='0' alt='click for full size view'>

5. Lounge   -   #175
    Aaron_T's Avatar A duck is watching.
    Originally posted by jazzthefunk@25 March 2004 - 15:30
    Creative Mythology _ its All good What a myth eh! Its many myth's all in one!
    Image Resized
    Image Resized
    [img]http://img40.photobucket.com/albums/v122/jazzthefunk/niceeeeeee.jpg' width='200' height='120' border='0' alt='click for full size view'>
    aye
    Those who dont learn from the past are doomed to repeat It.

6. Lounge   -   #176
    Skweeky's Avatar Manker's web totty
    Azzz...your reaction is a bit unfair. It's your good right not to believe in anything but laughing because someone else does is petty and disrespectful I believe. A question was asked and many people have given a serious answer on a sensitive topic. It would be nice and mature to respect that

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 815161718