Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Whos Youre Favourite Sportsman/men?

j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Originally posted by tralalala@28 January 2004 - 11:52
    Michael Jeffrey Jordan - the best athlete to ever step on earth.

tralalala
    Might be a conflict there, Tra-

Check out Jim Brown:

The baddest man to ever play in the NFL, and, in college, acknowledged to be the best lacrosse player who ever lived.

Bo Jackson: Football/Baseball-struck down by injury early on.

At 6'1", and 235 lbs., ran the 40 in 4.12!

I read a story where he ran it in 4.18-in full gear.

Wilt Chamberlain: His exploits are too incredible to describe: Basketball, track, beach volleyball.

Jim Thorpe, Daley Thompson....

The list does indeed go on.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

2. Lounge   -   #62
    Poster
    Originally posted by tralalala@28 January 2004 - 15:04
    the only reason he won his 6 championships was because of his super car... without that car, hes a nobody...

tralalala
    I don't know if you're being facetious or not, but if you're being serious, think about the points gap between Schumacher and his team-mates. Surely if the car was the star then Schumacher's team-mates would be on roughly the same points as him (barring the very unoccasional team order situations).
    On a given day or given circumstance, you think you have a limit.
    And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think "Ok, this is the limit".
    As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further.
    With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and the experience as well, you can fly very high.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

3. Lounge   -   #63
    Originally posted by 4th gen+28 January 2004 - 12:11--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (4th gen &#064; 28 January 2004 - 12:11)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-tralalala@28 January 2004 - 15:04
    the only reason he won his 6 championships was because of his super car... without that car, hes a nobody...

tralalala
    I don&#39;t know if you&#39;re being facetious or not, but if you&#39;re being serious, think about the points gap between Schumacher and his team-mates. Surely if the car was the star then Schumacher&#39;s team-mates would be on roughly the same points as him (barring the very unoccasional team order situations).[/b][/quote]
    Not a big F1 fan here, but with regard to Schumacher&#39;s dominance, I would imagine if the governing body could determine he was top dog due to mechanical superiority rather than merely being the superb driver he no doubt is, they would re-write the rule book in order to bring him back to the rest of the field, yes?

As this has not occurred, we are left with but one conclusion.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

4. Lounge   -   #64
    Poster
    At the end of the 2003/2004 F1 season:

Number of total F1 victories:

1. M. Schumacher 70
    2. A. Prost 51
    3. A. Senna 41
    4. Mansell 31
    5. J. Stewart

Total F1 points scored:

1. M. Schumacher 1038
    2. A. Prost 798.5
    3. A. Senna 614
    4. N. Piquet 485.5
    5. N. Mansell 482

Number of Grand Prix contested:

1. R. Patrese 256
    2. M. Alboreto 215
    3. A. de Cesaris 213
    4. G. Berger 210
    5. N. Piquet
    8. M. Schumacher 195

Number Of Pole Positions:

1. A. Senna 65
    2. M. Schumacher 55
    3. J. Clark 33
    4. A. Prost 33
    5. N. Mansell 32

Number Of Fastest Laps:

1. M. Schumacher 56
    2. A. Prost 41
    3. N. Mansell 30
    4. J. Clark 28
    5. M. Hakkinen 25

Number of laps in lead:

1. M. Schumacher 3959
    2. A. Senna 2931
    3. A. Prost 2683
    4. N. Mansell 2058
    5. J. Clark 1940

The gap between Schumacher and Barrichello at the end of the 2003/2004 season was 28 points
    And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think &quot;Ok, this is the limit&quot;.
    As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further.
    With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and the experience as well, you can fly very high.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

5. Lounge   -   #65
    Originally posted by 4th gen@28 January 2004 - 12:24
    At the end of the 2003/2004 F1 season:

Number of total F1 victories:

1. M. Schumacher 70
    2. A. Prost 51
    3. A. Senna 41
    4. Mansell 31
    5. J. Stewart

Total F1 points scored:

1. M. Schumacher 1038
    2. A. Prost 798.5
    3. A. Senna 614
    4. N. Piquet 485.5
    5. N. Mansell 482

Number of Grand Prix contested:

1. R. Patrese 256
    2. M. Alboreto 215
    3. A. de Cesaris 213
    4. G. Berger 210
    5. N. Piquet
    8. M. Schumacher 195

Number Of Pole Positions:

1. A. Senna 65
    2. M. Schumacher 55
    3. J. Clark 33
    4. A. Prost 33
    5. N. Mansell 32

Number Of Fastest Laps:

1. M. Schumacher 56
    2. A. Prost 41
    3. N. Mansell 30
    4. J. Clark 28
    5. M. Hakkinen 25

Number of laps in lead:

1. M. Schumacher 3959
    2. A. Senna 2931
    3. A. Prost 2683
    4. N. Mansell 2058
    5. J. Clark 1940

The gap between Schumacher and Barrichello at the end of the 2003/2004 season was 28 points
    I believe the Schumacher argument is thus concluded.

-Mark Twain

6. Lounge   -   #66
    Poster
    Originally posted by j2k4@28 January 2004 - 15:28
    I believe the Schumacher argument is thus concluded.
    I do believe we are in agreement
    And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think &quot;Ok, this is the limit&quot;.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

7. Lounge   -   #67
    tralalala's Avatar The Almighty
    nope...

the only reason there was a big gap between schumi and his team-mate barichello was because barichello had to let schumi be ahead of him in every race (except the one rubens won) so that schumi would have a higher point total... no argument there...

tralalala

8. Lounge   -   #68
    Poster
    Originally posted by tralalala@28 January 2004 - 16:13
    nope...

the only reason there was a big gap between schumi and his team-mate barichello was because barichello had to let schumi be ahead of him in every race (except the one rubens won) so that schumi would have a higher point total... no argument there...

tralalala
    LMAO

Hyperbole never works . Rubinho didn&#39;t have to let Schumi through in EVERY race (as you suggest). Rubens also won 2 races last year
    The period of dominance Ferrari had was nothing in comparison to the Honda dominance in 1988, where they won 15 out of the 16 races that year.
    There&#39;s no point in us debating if Schumacher or the cars he drives are the reason for his success, it doesn&#39;t seem like you are very open to reason.
    In my opinion Schumacher is the best F1 driver in history.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

9. Lounge   -   #69
    tralalala's Avatar The Almighty
    everyone has his own oppinion right? so theres no point debating anymore

i actually liked mika hakkinen during his time...
    then that fatal race where he led right through to the last lap... and his damn car stalled and schumi (what a surprise ) took the race...

tralalala

10. Lounge   -   #70
    Poster
    Originally posted by tralalala@28 January 2004 - 16:33
    everyone has his own oppinion right? so theres no point debating anymore

i actually liked mika hakkinen during his time...
    then that fatal race where he led right through to the last lap... and his damn car stalled and schumi (what a surprise ) took the race...

tralalala
    I agree, Hakkinen was a great driver, I miss him now that he&#39;s gone. As an aside, have you seen the 93 video of Hakkinen driving a Ferrari F40 and McLaren F1 road car for Best Motoring?

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast