Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Counting Posts...

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by jetje@5 March 2003 - 06:50
    the only thing i like is the way we have the rooms now, personally i like the worlds a lot
    Yeah the Worlds kick ass.....I like how you guys called them Worlds and not just another room.Does not bother me the topics not counting in the discussions.But whatever you guys choose is fine.

:beerchug: LONG LIVE MUSICWORLD!!! :beerchug:

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #82
    Posts have never really bothered me tell you the truth but for some people its like a race, who can be a God first.

I think if you put posts count in all room's your gonna get people posting just like one film, where at the moment they tend to post between 10 and 20 film hashes.

Plus that fact you will end up with people posting duplicate verifield's that have already an open thread, then you would get "Sorry i did'nt no" (Debate Started).

Or on the other hand if posts counted in the Lounge everyone would $pam the crap out of it not even bother to open up new threads, just change topic.

Worst of all nobody would help out with the problems and queries within different area's of the Board.

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #83
    Poster
    Originally posted by Chilly@5 March 2003 - 13:14
    its like a race, who can be a God first.

Worst of all nobody would help out with the problems and queries within different area's of the Board.
    It's not a race to deity for me. When will this ever end.

In my opinion, those who are actually helpfull will continue to be so. Just because they enjoy the feeling of helping another.

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #84
    CornerPocket's Avatar Retired
    Originally posted by JmiF@5 March 2003 - 08:23
    In my opinion, those who are actually helpfull will continue to be so. Just because they enjoy the feeling of helping another.
    Excellent answer. How can we make everyone see the light JmiF is in B)
    "8-ball Corner Pocket"

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #85
    Leech_Killer's Avatar Poster
    Personally I like to see my posts count going up. Since the changes to the board have meant that certain rooms don't count I've found that I don't tend to bother going in them much, with the exception of the Lounge and Funny section.

Having read all the way through this thread I've noticed that the members which are Gods or higher seem quite happy with how it's now set-up, just feels that since they've made it they're only to happy to prevent others catching them up.

It's also been mentioned about ppl spamming to increase their posts, why don't the Mods just warn them and if they persist the Mods could reset their post count to zero, a slap on the wrist if you like.

Lastly can anyone tell me what all the different titles are and how many posts are need for each one.

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #86
    Ron's Avatar Poster
    How about :
    C) Postcount stays, but MODs decide who becomes a God, based on the merits of each individual member. Kinda like the Oscars. You get nominated, and the MODs decide to give you the stars, or not.

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #87
    Out of The Ordinary
    Originally posted by Ron@5 March 2003 - 18:13
    How about :
    C) Postcount stays, but MODs decide who becomes a God, based on the merits of each individual member. Kinda like the Oscars. You get nominated, and the MODs decide to give you the stars, or not.
    I dont thinks so mate....
    That means They must have full control of every single members here, and I dont think that's possible.

BOT

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #88
    All this talk about posts has made me look at peoples status and so why does JmiF have 5 stars and yet only a Sr. member status.

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #89
    Originally posted by Ron@5 March 2003 - 17:13
    How about :
    Great idea

I would vote for that, sounds like a good idea

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #90
    imported_jamesandpie
    ""All this talk about posts has made me look at peoples status and so why does JmiF have 5 stars and yet only a Sr. member status.""

it depends on the number of posts you have made and the amount of time u have been a member. say you posted 3000 yet you only been a member for a week you would be a post-whore. u c?

Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 ... LastLast