Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Case Problems/heat/ I Dont Know.

tesco's Avatar woowoo
    you need some intake and outtake fans on your computer. just having a cpu and graphics card fan isnt enough.

is there a grill at teh back of the case where you can add another fan? if so buy one and screw it on then starter up and see what happens. ive also found that having the back one blowing in instead of out helps my temps quite a bit since the one at the front of the case arent getting the air to the back of the case.

and for that hole on teh top of the case, go to a site like www.xpcases.com and buy a nice fan grill with a kool design then you can cut the hole, install the grill and add in a fan and it will help the temps plus it will look good.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Robert00000's Avatar Interweb Fantasist BT Rep: +1
    Did you put the THERMAL PASTE on the cpu? . Its the most obvious thing to forget.

The only other time i've seen this happen was when a friend OC'd this processor, but as you havent this isnt an issue.
    Robert00000

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    _John_Lennon_'s Avatar Poster
    Call me crazy, but is there such thing as a 1666Mhz stock AMD Duron CPU?

Im only finding a 1600Mhz CPU.

Now, there is the 2000+ AMD XP, which is the 1667Mhz.

Anyway, here is what I noticed, your Vcore is a bit low.

Try upping it to 1.6Vs in your BIOS somewhere if you have the option, because that Vcore is reading a bit low.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Originally posted by peerzyboy@2 March 2004 - 10:54
    EDIT: My specs are:

AMD DURON 1.66 XP Not Overclocked.

I also have never heard of a Duron XP.

Athlon XP, yes.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by Virtualbody1234+2 March 2004 - 22:44--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Virtualbody1234 @ 2 March 2004 - 22:44)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-peerzyboy@2 March 2004 - 10:54
    EDIT: My specs are:

AMD DURON 1.66 XP Not Overclocked.

Athlon XP, yes. [/b][/quote]
    ie heard of a few people talking about duron xp&#39;s (on this forum) but i also have never seen one...

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    Originally posted by Virtualbody1234@2 March 2004 - 23:44

Athlon XP, yes.
    Click Me
    is this the one you have peerzyboy?
    Q6600 @ 3.42Ghz | Gigabyte EP35-DS3R | EVGA 8800GT 721/1802/2006 w/ Accelero S1 | 4gb Crucial DDR2 @ 760mhz | 750gb Hitachi 7k1000 | Corsair 520HX | 2 x Samsung SyncMaster T240 24" | Windows 7 Ultimate

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    lynx's Avatar .
    Your problem is not temperature - obviously you don&#39;t have a sensor for Temp3 so it is giving a nonsense reading.

Your problem is Vcore - this should be 1.5V for that processor, your reading of 1.47V is far too low (they are very sensitive in this area). If you can adjust this in bios, increase what it says it is going to give by about 0.03V or until the reading of what it is actually giving is at 1.50V (or up to 1.51V). That may seem like a tiny change in voltage but it is the difference between a stable system and the results are seeing.

If you can&#39;t adjust it take your motherboard back - it is faulty.

But check out -12V too - if the reading is correct you have a faulty PS, if the reading is wrong then again you have a faulty motherboard.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    Originally posted by kaiweiler+3 March 2004 - 04:09--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (kaiweiler @ 3 March 2004 - 04:09)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Virtualbody1234@2 March 2004 - 23:44

Athlon XP, yes.
    Click Me
    is this the one you have peerzyboy? [/b][/quote]
    No,

its a big sticky thing, a cubiod but going upwards in sticks. I thoughjt the man had fitted a atlon but now my bios is telling me its a duron, same with AIDA 32. where as before my pc got fortmatted it was reading as an atlon xp.

is the motherboard faulty then because they only just fitted it.

Peerzyboy

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    lynx's Avatar .
    As I said, 0.03V may not seem much, but imagine this:

In order to set a bit in the cpu, you have to push the electrons over a hurdle. If you don&#39;t have quite enough energy, you may not always get over that hurdle. So you need to make sure you&#39;ve got enough energy.

Your system may appear to work at first, but as your temp goes up the resistance also goes up, so the energy you&#39;ve got is not as useful. The result is that your system may appear to be stable at first but then become unstable, which sounds like what you are describing.

A similar effect happens when you overclock. In order to get over that hurdle faster you need to supply more energy - this is why you have to raise Vcore. Unfortunately this has a side effect - higher temps. And as before, this increases the resistance, which reduces the useful energy, which makes the system unstable. This is why it is VERY important to get temps down when OCing.

I had bad experiences with XFX mobo&#39;s recently with regard to Vcore, but obviously the voltage regulator will have come from an external supplier. You can be sure they are not supplying regulators only to XFX so there must be other mobo manufacturers with the same problem - maybe your&#39;s is one of them.

The bottom line is that if you can&#39;t adjust Vcore then the mobo is no good to you, but I would suggest you take it back even if you can make some adjustment - it is obviously faulty.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    atiVidia's Avatar ^would've been cool.
    there is also a chance that the voltage mods are shorted out

this happened with my laptop: the vmods shorted out, and my laptop would die after 30 mins

then 25

and one day, boom, it crashed after a minute and wouldnt start again.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast