Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Anyone Here Like American Sports

Originally posted by Busyman+5 April 2004 - 01:50--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Busyman &#064; 5 April 2004 - 01:50)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-hobbes@4 April 2004 - 19:10
    The cool thing about baseball is connecting with the ball. Something very satisfying about crushing the ball, and knowing it from the sound it makes on your bat.

Basketball is great, but the excitement is only moderate as you can only score 3 point.

The long bomb, the break away in hockey are much more exciting than a turn-over dunk.

I remember Vince Coleman, Willie McGee, Ozzie Smith and Lonnie Smith on the St Louis Cardinals. You get 1 of these guys on base and the pitcher goes nuts. Vince Coleman was awesome, as was Whiteyball.
    I agree that baseball is fun too play as is soccer for that matter.

Watching it is another story.

I don&#39;t know what context to put that in that the excitement is moderate because of scoring 3 points. (btw you can score 2 points too )

The long bomb is very exciting but basketball has break aways also.

They are called fast breaks.

The difference is that in basketball the players are more likely to execute a goal.

Hockey and soccer are more likely to end up in disappointment because of a missed goal. (this also applies to my home basketball team the Washington Wizards) THEY SUCK ASS&#33;&#33;&#33; [/b][/quote]
    Busy,

I am trying to find out how to create the perfect sport.

Each goal should be significant, but not exclusive.

In Basketball a fastbreak score is irrelevant to the final score, even a loss is no big deal.

Football puts a lot of importance on each game since there are 16, not 84 or 162 games.

When you get the "long bomb" in football this may decide the game, not a dunk in basketball.

American football is the best for score/value ratio.

It sucks in action/do nothing ratio. Basketball is the best in this category.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

2. Lounge   -   #42
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Much as I love American sports, I have to agree with J&#39;Pol that what we here call soccer (World Cup) is our world&#39;s sport of choice.

I prefer rugby, because of the physical aspect; I love collisions-loved &#39;em when I played, and still do.

Just as an aside, what do you all think of ice hockey?

It is a great combination of speed, skill, and collisions, as well as the low-scoring our O.T.A. (Other Than American) board members love so well.

It&#39;s got everything&#33;

Little help here, NikkiD?
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

3. Lounge   -   #43
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Keep in mind in basketball every score is significiant because it builds upon the previous.

In other sports, even soccer, I think what makes it exciting is because there can be awhile with no scoring. When it finally happens it has more meaning. because there wasn&#39;t anything really going on for the past 30 minutes .

Soccer is the most popular sport in the world largely because it&#39;s one of the oldest team sports. It also doesn&#39;t require much skill, equipment, or location.

You just need a field and goal. No problem.
    You need to be able to run and kick a ball. No problem.
    You need shoes and clothes on. (well at least shoes)
    Grab some folks and come down to field.

Basketball is the fastest growing sport in the world.
    Soccer is the fastest growing sport in the US. (although it has slowed a bit)
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

4. Lounge   -   #44
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Love the NFL

but I&#39;m more into Australian sports

League, Cricket

Basketball I hate

Baseball bores me to death

Ice Hockey is cool but don&#39;t watch much

5. Lounge   -   #45
    Originally posted by Adster@4 April 2004 - 21:32
    Love the NFL

but I&#39;m more into Australian sports

League, Cricket

Basketball I hate

Baseball bores me to death

Ice Hockey is cool but don&#39;t watch much
    I don&#39;t why but I love going to a Hockey match.
    Don&#39;t go much though.

The Washington Capitals SUCK ASS&#33;&#33;&#33;
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

6. Lounge   -   #46
    Originally posted by Busyman@5 April 2004 - 01:27
    It also doesn&#39;t require much skill
    i disagree can you play @ an international level in "soccer" no you cant because it requires a lot of skill, which you havent got&#33;

7. Lounge   -   #47
    Originally posted by jazzthefunk+4 April 2004 - 21:35--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (jazzthefunk @ 4 April 2004 - 21:35)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Busyman@5 April 2004 - 01:27
    It also doesn&#39;t require much skill
    i disagree can you play @ an international level in "soccer" no you cant because it requires a lot of skill, which you havent got&#33; [/b][/quote]
    Wtf are you flaming for?

Who said anything about the "international level"?

If there&#39;s a country full of people playing the sport, they juuuust might want to go watch a match. I&#39;m saying that sport is easy to pick up.

Basketball for instance requires much more skill (shooting the ball in the hoop and dribbling), and a special location (a court with flat pavement).

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

8. Lounge   -   #48
    Its magic baby!
    Originally posted by tdos20@4 April 2004 - 19:00
    I like ice hockey for the fights but most of them are hard to understand, basketball is cool too cos it makes normal people seem small he he

p.s.
    hey wizard_mon1 howz trix?
    Mr T, quit your jibba gabba fool.

Wiz.

9. Lounge   -   #49
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    I&#39;m a volleyball and softball fan myself. Only because I play them. I did Gymnastics in high school for a while but I&#39;m beat at that atm.

I like a few other sports like polo and lacrosse. I get to watch thoose on satellite channels from time to time.

I am not a soccer fan.

10. Lounge   -   #50
    Poster
    apart from motorsport i only enjo them if i play
    A good game is still good if its late, a bad game is bad forever, Shigeru Miyamoto

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast