Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: User Ranks - Update

btw, If we could customize a little bit...

instead of "senior member", I would like something "wandering poster" or "GeN-X-kId"

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #42
    Wow, 1000 post to be a Senior Member. Couldn't you have thought of something else?

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #43
    ClubDiggler's Avatar Poster
    So.....

You are telling me that I will never be a "Post Whore"

bummer....

First "not smoking in New York City bars" and now this

When will it end?

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #44
    Originally posted by ClubDiggler@22 March 2003 - 09:33
    So.....

You are telling me that I will never be a "Post Whore"

bummer....

First "not smoking in New York City bars" and now this

When will it end?
    Post Whore was put in for fun when FC was around. I would hope they put it back, but oh well, it was a good laugh. Klite Board God sounded better.

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #45
    scribblec's Avatar Poster
    no sig amazing innit

also klite board god sounded good
    at least bring that back

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #46
    Poster
    I still think this is crap..... :-" :'(

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #47
    Now look what this has done, you got the people angry. It seems now the only people who are angry are the ones without 1000 posts or very far from it.

What about K-Lite Master? Sounds ok.

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #48
    ClubDiggler's Avatar Poster
    What happened to 2 and 4 stars...

Why skip them? :pirate:

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #49
    Poster
    Originally posted by RPerry+22 March 2003 - 05:30--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (RPerry @ 22 March 2003 - 05:30)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--TRshady@22 March 2003 - 04:35
    :&#39;(&nbsp; :&#39;(&nbsp; :&#39;(&nbsp; :&#39;(&nbsp; Your unfair paul&nbsp; :&#39;(&nbsp; :&#39;(&nbsp; :&#39;(&nbsp; :&#39;(

What made you do this?
    Thats not Paul, its VB, and was probably done to cut down on the spamming Anyway, it seems pretty fair, although I only got to enjoy being a Board god for a week [/b][/quote]
    Well, I had been a board god for a couple months, and I still think this is BULLSH#T First off, taking away members stars?, talk about stealing some pride away from faithful members. Secondly, where is the logic in counting posts in almost all areas again, and then taking stars away from members in order to reduce spamming?????? I have to wonder how much some of these people know about human nature. Speaking of logic, in the current format, what is the point of having a 1/3/5 star division. If you&#39;re only going to have three seperate ranks why not just 1/2/3 stars? Now back to pride in members; do any of you honestly believe that a person with 75 posts should have the same star recognition as someone with 999&#33;&#33;?? Whether you admit it some people take pride in their stars because they know they have spent time answering questions and weighing in on important board and program issues to earn them, and to say that two people (75 posts and 999 posts) with such opposing time and effort spent on the board deserve the same number of stars is very insulting. I commend your recent efforts to make things run more smoothly on the board, but this the WRONG decision, and I hope you reconsider and take into cosideration respect you should have for loyal members of the board. The same as we do you.

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #50
    Afronaut's Avatar Xenu
    Originally posted by Infested Cats@22 March 2003 - 16:45
    I don&#39;t know if this was the best move made by the mods, but keep in mind: they tend to have our best interests in mind when they make these decisions.

People, you shouldn&#39;t have to rely on the "star-system" to feel better about yourself. Just because it says K-lite board god (or whatever is the highest ranking) next to your name, doesn’t necessarily make you any better than a newbie (or "newcomer").
    You aren&#39;t treated any differently if you have more posts than another person. Generally, personality tends to shine through the posts counts...

Like I&#39;m sure most of you have heard a thousand times by now: "Quality over Quantity."
    This forum isn&#39;t a competition to have the highest post count. We&#39;re here all with a similar interest in mind. "A public meeting or presentation involving a discussion usually among experts and often including audience participation."

So,&nbsp; like summerlinda said: Give the complaining a rest.

IMHO, I think all post-counts should be abolished, ceasing all competition whatsoever.
    I agree, and i want to add;
    There is ppl here who tend to only post, how should i put it, negative? way on most of the topics too, just looking for an argue. Some ppl posts alot, some less, usefull and perhaps not usefull info.
    Now, im not using this against anybody, im here to collect the info and helping ppl the most i can. And most importantly, have a good time reading the posts. Lounge is da place
    I can only imagine how much work it takes to be a MOD in here, and i have the respect for them. Rulez iz da rulez, like somebody posted somewhere, and its good to have some margins of what we can and what we cant post in here. I have read the rules, and i will follow them. Thats why i joined this board; i agree with the rules. If MODs desides to chance my status/posts one way or another, im cool with that.
    They can "take away" the whole counting system and im still gonna be cool with that.
    Because, the more and more i spend my time here, i will learn something about the cool personalitys what is behind nick-names etc. I&#39;ll also learn who&#39;s posts im gonna look for in certain matters, and whos "negatively-constructive" crap im gonna stear away from.

Gonna finish this by saying, regardless of "star-status";

"Yo, pop the head outta that a&#036;&#036; and take a look around&#33;&#33;" ...i know i did.

This is such a cool board. B)

-GS-
    Spoiler: Show

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast