Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: So Israeli policy works?

Quote Originally Posted by Biggles
    I would say it rather depends on

1) if it is your house or not

2) if you want to really piss people off and push them into the arms of even nuttier nutters.

If neither of these matter then it is not an issue.

You send a suicide bomber, you lose your house. There is no question about it. Your choice clearly. No chicken and egg dilemma.

Also, she is getting a new house.

There are no nuttier nuts than suicide bombers.

The point is that the Israel policy on bulldozing the houses of suicide bombers is nothing but a pimple on the butt of a much bigger problem. Stopping this policy would not improve a thing.

Now halting all suicide bombers, that might have a wee effect on peace talks, as would Israel halting the construction of its security wall.

People would like us to believe that if lands are restored as per the 1947 agreement, we will have carebear huggles all over Palestine.

I simply disagree. The people sending suicide bombers are not doing so for land, and will continue to do so even if the original borders were restored.

The question then becomes, what will the "silent supporters" do? Turn them in. No, I think business as usual. There will be no peace in that region until one side kills the other.

The land issue is a justification for religion inspired genocide from both sides.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

2. The Drawing Room   -   #32
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    It almost is now...

It wasnt.

The PLO didnt care about religion, it was a nationalist organisation. They numbered Muslims, Christians and yes, even a few Jews in its number..

Of course, since the Camp David Peace Agreement was ripped up, the Palestinian Authority (Former PLO) has lost most of its credibility with the Palestinians.. and they have turned to other Organisations that are active in fighting Israel.

These Organisations are based upon religion... who's fault is it that the PLO lost credibility... well, mostly the guy who ripped up the Camp David agreement. And those countries that accepted and continued to give unconditional support to him..

Hmmm, wonder what countries they would be?

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

3. The Drawing Room   -   #33
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Hobbes
    People would like us to believe that if lands are restored as per the 1947 agreement, we will have carebear huggles all over Palestine
    What agreement. did the people of Palestine actually agree to the setting up of an Israeli 'Homeland' in their country. If they did then I apologize*. I was around at the time, but I cant remember any agreement from the Palestinians.

*One cannot always believe history. It all depends as to which side is writing it.

"Zionist land policy was incorporated in the Constitution of the Jewish Agency for Palestine...'land is to be acquired as Jewish property and..the title to the lands acquired is to be taken in the name of the Jewish National Fund, to the end that the same shall be held as the inalienable property of the Jewish people.' The provision goes to stipulate that 'the Agency shall promote agricultural colonization based on Jewish labor'...The effect of this Zionist colonization policy on the Arabs was that land acquired by Jews became extra-territorialized. It ceased to be land from which the Arabs could ever hope to gain any advantage...

"The Zionists made no secret of their intentions, for as early as 1921, Dr. Eder, a member of the Zionist Commission, boldly told the Court of Inquiry, 'there can be only one National Home in Palestine, and that a Jewish one, and no equality in the partnership between Jews and Arabs, but a Jewish preponderance as soon as the numbers of the race are sufficiently increased.' He then asked that only Jews should be allowed to bear arms." Sami Hadawi, "Bitter Harvest."
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Rat Faced
    It almost is now...

It wasnt.

The PLO didnt care about religion, it was a nationalist organisation. They numbered Muslims, Christians and yes, even a few Jews in its number..

Of course, since the Camp David Peace Agreement was ripped up, the Palestinian Authority (Former PLO) has lost most of its credibility with the Palestinians.. and they have turned to other Organisations that are active in fighting Israel.

These Organisations are based upon religion... who's fault is it that the PLO lost credibility... well, mostly the guy who ripped up the Camp David agreement. And those countries that accepted and continued to give unconditional support to him..

Hmmm, wonder what countries they would be?
    Again, the thread is about bulldozers, which are of no signifigance.

If you wish to start a thread about the history of the Middle East, knock yourself out. My point is made.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #35
    Quote Originally Posted by bigboab
    What agreement. did the people of Palestine actually agree to the setting up of an Israeli 'Homeland' in their country. If they did then I apologize*. I was around at the time, but I cant remember any agreement from the Palestinians.

*One cannot always believe history. It all depends as to which side is writing it.

"Zionist land policy was incorporated in the Constitution of the Jewish Agency for Palestine...'land is to be acquired as Jewish property and..the title to the lands acquired is to be taken in the name of the Jewish National Fund, to the end that the same shall be held as the inalienable property of the Jewish people.' The provision goes to stipulate that 'the Agency shall promote agricultural colonization based on Jewish labor'...The effect of this Zionist colonization policy on the Arabs was that land acquired by Jews became extra-territorialized. It ceased to be land from which the Arabs could ever hope to gain any advantage...

"The Zionists made no secret of their intentions, for as early as 1921, Dr. Eder, a member of the Zionist Commission, boldly told the Court of Inquiry, 'there can be only one National Home in Palestine, and that a Jewish one, and no equality in the partnership between Jews and Arabs, but a Jewish preponderance as soon as the numbers of the race are sufficiently increased.' He then asked that only Jews should be allowed to bear arms." Sami Hadawi, "Bitter Harvest."
    I was just using the date RF gave, I really couldn't give a fuck who gets what land or which date is chosen. Both sides are a bunch of crazy fucks if you ask me.
    Last edited by hobbes; 11-05-2004 at 07:39 PM.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #36
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    Destroying the houses of those you consider an enemy is a ME thing dating back thousands of years. It is a symbolic act designed to crush the spirit of the enemy (although in times gone past the occupants had to remain inside)

The act is one of both revenge and deliberate provocation. In this respect it almostly certainly does work.

I am unconvinced that the Israelis see it as an effective anti-suicide bomber tactic.
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

7. The Drawing Room   -   #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggles
    Destroying the houses of those you consider an enemy is a ME thing dating back thousands of years. It is a symbolic act designed to crush the spirit of the enemy (although in times gone past the occupants had to remain inside)

The act is one of both revenge and deliberate provocation. In this respect it almostly certainly does work.

I am unconvinced that the Israelis see it as an effective anti-suicide bomber tactic.

A valid point Biggles.

But when we read the article, the woman flip-flops betweeen being against the group to for the group because her house got flattened.

Then it is implied that the bulldozing of the house is the problem here.

No, it is not, it is the recruitment of peoples children to carry out the ideas of motivated lunatics, which is the real problem.

Had I posted the article, I would might have said, "So, does the Palestinean policy of suicide bombings work?"

Certainly, we know who recruited and encouraged the boy to commit such as mission, where is their punishment?
    Last edited by hobbes; 11-05-2004 at 09:13 PM.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #38
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    You miss the point.

She didnt agree with her son..

Her house got flattened..

Israel gets a new enemy...

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

9. The Drawing Room   -   #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Rat Faced
    You miss the point.

She didnt agree with her son..

Her house got flattened..

Israel gets a new enemy...
    No, I just didn't believe her, quite frankly.

She lost her son and is worried about a house?

She is more troubled than I thought.

Her son kills Israeli school children, Palestine gets many more enemies.

What does the Israeli government tells the parents of those killed. We are not going to do anything because it might make someone not like us. Sorry about your kids.

I think the Israelis' are showing incredible restraint, in removing the inhabitants and just knocking the house down.
    Last edited by hobbes; 11-05-2004 at 09:56 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234