Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Saving Private Ryan

Poster
    I know you do, Scroff. I went and searched for it, and posted it to show you were right.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #92
    ruthie's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by hobbes
    If one is not believing in the sytem, one must leave.(Versus believing in the sytem but working to envoke change)

Remember that America was built by those with nothing, coming here for a better life, a chance at freedom.

Give me your tired, your poor,
    Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
    Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed, to me:
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door.

Don't be such a materalist, take your beliefs and go.

A coward dies a thousand deaths....

I am sad, while you and Scroff ROFL. I feel that you are lost, and that my beacon to call you ashore has missed the mark.
    We are ROFL at your posts Hobbes.... wasn't that your intention?

Look, when I said I would like to move it was mostly an expression of frustration and disgust. You, the bastion of sensitivity, should recognize that. But if my family decided to move I would. Scroff, on the other hand, most likely would not... But I find it interesting that you believe people who don't agree with the system should move... remeniscient of "Love it or leave it" I would say... I suspect that, given that belief, you would have been a Tory during the Revolutionary War...
    Don't read what isn't there.

anywhichway

3. The Drawing Room   -   #93
    Quote Originally Posted by ruthie
    We are ROFL at your posts Hobbes.... wasn't that your intention?

Look, when I said I would like to move it was mostly an expression of frustration and disgust. You, the bastion of sensitivity, should recognize that. But if my family decided to move I would. Scroff, on the other hand, most likely would not... But I find it interesting that you believe people who don't agree with the system should move... remeniscient of "Love it or leave it" I would say... I suspect that, given that belief, you would have been a Tory during the Revolutionary War...

See, now that has me really angry.

I NEVER said that.

I said that if you think the system does not work, you should leave. If you think the system does work and you can effect change, then you should stay in pursuit of your ideals.

You are not reading what I am saying.

To say that my contention is "love it or leave it" is about as insulting an accusation as one can give.

Do really believe that is what I think. Has everthing I have posted been lost because you only interpret things as you choose?

Pathetic, disgusting, insulting.
    Last edited by hobbes; 11-12-2004 at 04:15 AM.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

4. The Drawing Room   -   #94
    Sanctuary!
    If you had any insight, you might choose a different story
    You and Ruthie and your sickening political agenda have turned this neutral person, and voter for Kerry, completely against you.
    Thank god for that. Nice edit, btw...
    Last edited by scroff; 11-12-2004 at 04:06 AM.
    Ancient Bush family proverb; Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day... drown him in the lake and he'll never be hungry again.

Any Which Way.... because there's more to it than Fox tells you.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #95
    Quote Originally Posted by scroff
    Thank god for that. Nice edit, btw...
    Yes, you have turned the swing voters against you. The only ones you could hope to change. You must be proud of shooting yourself in the foot.

I edit all the time becuase of typo's or to clarify, I have no clue to which you are referring.
    Last edited by hobbes; 11-12-2004 at 04:08 AM.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #96
    Sanctuary!
    See, now that has me really angry.

I NEVER said that.

I said that if you think the system does not work, you should leave. If you think the system does work and you can effect change, then you should stay in pursuit of your ideals.

You are not reading what I am saying.

To say that my contention is "love it or leave it" is about as insulting an accusation that one can give.

Do really believe that is what I think. Has everthing I have posted been lost because you only interpret things as you choose?

Pathetic, disgusting, insulting.
    Let's see... you said "If one is not believing in the sytem, one must leave.(Versus believing in the sytem but working to envoke change)"

Yup, that's what I thought... if you don't believe in the system you must leave... whether or not you "work to envoke change". I don't see anywhere in there where it says you can not believe in the system and stay... sounds like "Love it or leave it" to me... must have been a typo, eh? You should have edited it...

btw, I lied when I said you could have the last word...
    Ancient Bush family proverb; Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day... drown him in the lake and he'll never be hungry again.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #97
    Sanctuary!
    Yes, you have turned the swing voters against you. The only ones you could hope to change. You must be proud of shooting yourself in the foot.

I edit all the time becuase of typo's or to clarify, I have no clue to which you are referring.
    C'mon, Hobbes, you should know that changing the swing voters isn't part of my awful, disgusting agenda... but pissing off people like you is.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #98
    Let's see... you said "If one is not believing in the sytem, one must leave.(Versus believing in the sytem but working to envoke change)"

Yup, that's what I thought... if you don't believe in the system you must leave... whether or not you "work to envoke change". I don't see anywhere in there where it says you can not believe in the system and stay... sounds like "Love it or leave it" to me... must have been a typo, eh? You should have edited it...

btw, I lied when I said you could have the last word...
    Well you read as you wish. You are a lost cause.

I try to have a reasonable discussion, you just want to twist words. Your loss, not mine.

You can lie to impress your forum friends, but niether of you actually believes that my philosophy is love it or leave it. That is just your political rhetoric, in your binary world.
    Last edited by hobbes; 11-12-2004 at 04:27 AM.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #99
    Poster
    C'mon, Hobbes, you should know that changing the swing voters isn't part of my awful, disgusting agenda... but pissing off people like you is.
    Re: Marines on the frontlines

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Everose
    To help me understand who your enemy is, Scroff, would you say it is everyone in America who voted for Bush, and possibly all of those who didn't vote? And also, I would like to ask you if you have any aspirations to teaching these Bush voters the error of their ways, or to alienate them even further with your views?
    If you have to ask you must be one

I think the likes of Rush Limbaugh, Ann Coulter, Sean InSannity, Michael "Savage", Joe (hey, what's this dead woman doing in my office???) Scarborough, and their millions of listeners have already alienated and divided this country... I could do no better.

The enemy are people who send out emails like this "We will also soon be implementing a more responsive ranking system where your organizational rank will be determined by your participation in our world-wide effort to destroy the left intellectually."

or

"I could not hold back the tears of joy. Hour by hour, we observed a "slam dunk" as the Church of Jesus Christ made the difference in initiating the return of this nation to moral sanity and the Judeo-Christian ethic."

That's but a few examples....

At this point, I'm not trying to do anything with these folks, they are beyond teaching... but those "swing voters" aren't. After a few mopre years of the Moral Majority running the show, I think people will return to a saner viewpoint.

So the swing voter are, or are not part of your agenda, Scroff?

10. The Drawing Room   -   #100
    Quote Originally Posted by Everose
    Re: Marines on the frontlines

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Everose
    To help me understand who your enemy is, Scroff, would you say it is everyone in America who voted for Bush, and possibly all of those who didn't vote? And also, I would like to ask you if you have any aspirations to teaching these Bush voters the error of their ways, or to alienate them even further with your views?
    If you have to ask you must be one

I think the likes of Rush Limbaugh, Ann Coulter, Sean InSannity, Michael "Savage", Joe (hey, what's this dead woman doing in my office???) Scarborough, and their millions of listeners have already alienated and divided this country... I could do no better.

The enemy are people who send out emails like this "We will also soon be implementing a more responsive ranking system where your organizational rank will be determined by your participation in our world-wide effort to destroy the left intellectually."

or

"I could not hold back the tears of joy. Hour by hour, we observed a "slam dunk" as the Church of Jesus Christ made the difference in initiating the return of this nation to moral sanity and the Judeo-Christian ethic."

That's but a few examples....

At this point, I'm not trying to do anything with these folks, they are beyond teaching... but those "swing voters" aren't. After a few mopre years of the Moral Majority running the show, I think people will return to a saner viewpoint.

So the swing voter are, or are not part of your agenda, Scroff?

Yes, I knew this post was there. This post is exactly why I said what I did.
    Last edited by hobbes; 11-12-2004 at 04:31 AM.

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 ... LastLast