Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Saving Private Ryan

Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by ruthie
    I thought you said this was about business? Is it business or sensitivity? Or censorship?

If people don't want to see it they should change the channel. The bottom line is that networks aren't airing it and using the FCC as their excuse... no one is saying it was a decision out of any sensitivity for parents with kids in Iraq. More likely it's because of fear of losing "support" for a nasty war with tenuous support as it is.

That is exactly what I saw implied in your first post. I feel what I resent the most is you always think Americans are blind. The last thing you can imagine is that people have totally different opinions than you and still be right.

As far as Scroff's post that Hobbes should wait until Rat Faced gets ahold of this? That is a real threat and I resent that it is a real threat. Once a moderator gets too biased or too emotionally involved, there is no moderating, and that makes a mockery out of good moderaters anywhere. Tis like having our own little FCC on this board.
    Last edited by Rat Faced; 11-12-2004 at 03:40 PM. Reason: Fixed quote Tags

2. The Drawing Room   -   #82
    ruthie's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by hobbes
    I have stated if was a business decision by some stations based on the current situation in Iraq. How many times do I need to type this?

You agree with Scroff, revolutionary.

Did you notice that it is airing in Texas, home of GWB? Try again.

When are you moving? Money over ideals, I would say.
    Try what again? You were the one who raised the election thing, but you didn't bother to explain yourself. Nice dodge.

You sound like a broken record, Hobbes. Tell you what, post "When are you moving" 100 times and maybe it'll be out of your system. First, we can't afford to move, maybe you missed that, second, Scroff and the rest of my family doesn't want to move, you missed that, too, third, what I decide to do is none of your business, and fourth, you say alot, not much of which has made any sense in this thread. First it's compassion, then it's business, then it's business out of compassion, then it's business for some, compassion for others, and politics for the rest. Ever hear of making up your mind?
    Don't read what isn't there.

anywhichway

3. The Drawing Room   -   #83
    Poster
    Try what again? You were the one who raised the election thing, but you didn't bother to explain yourself. Nice dodge.

You sound like a broken record, Hobbes. Tell you what, post "When are you moving" 100 times and maybe it'll be out of your system. First, we can't afford to move, maybe you missed that, second, Scroff and the rest of my family doesn't want to move, you missed that, too, third, what I decide to do is none of your business, and fourth, you say alot, not much of which has made any sense in this thread. First it's compassion, then it's business, then it's business out of compassion, then it's business for some, compassion for others, and politics for the rest. Ever hear of making up your mind?

You are right, Hobbes. She sees non of this in herself. That is kind of sad.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #84
    Sanctuary!
    Quote Originally Posted by Everose
    As far as Scroff's post that Hobbes should wait until Rat Faced gets ahold of this? That is a real threat and I resent that it is a real threat. Once a moderator gets too biased or too emotionally involved, there is no moderating, and that makes a mockery out of good moderaters anywhere. Tis like having our own little FCC on this board.
    I said Hobbes should wait until RF gets here??? Where'd I say that? I said RF will have his hands full when he gets on, Everose, then I gave Hobbes the last word in a "discussion" that had deteriorated into flames... myself included....
    Ancient Bush family proverb; Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day... drown him in the lake and he'll never be hungry again.

Any Which Way.... because there's more to it than Fox tells you.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #85
    ruthie's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by hobbes
    George Bush is from Texas, sweetie. It is aired in his home state.
    so what.

anywhichway

6. The Drawing Room   -   #86
    ruthie's Avatar Poster

You are right, Hobbes. She sees non of this in herself. That is kind of sad.
    ROFLMAO

anywhichway

7. The Drawing Room   -   #87
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by scroff
    ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm rubber and you're glue....

This has gone straight down the tubes. RF will have his work cut out for him when he comes on....

Go ahead Hobbes, you get the last word...

I stand corrected. This is what you told Hobbes in a post to him.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #88
    If one is not believing in the sytem, one must leave.(Versus believing in the sytem but working to envoke change)

Remember that America was built by those with nothing, coming here for a better life, a chance at freedom.

Give me your tired, your poor,
    Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
    Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed, to me:
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door.

Don't be such a materalist, take your beliefs and go.

A coward dies a thousand deaths....

I am sad, while you and Scroff ROFL. I feel that you are lost, and that my beacon to call you ashore has missed the mark.
    Last edited by hobbes; 11-12-2004 at 03:42 AM.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

9. The Drawing Room   -   #89
    Poster
    ROFLMAO

And that is even sadder.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #90
    Sanctuary!
    I stand corrected. This is what you told Hobbes in a post to him.
    Um, I know what I told Hobbes...
    Ancient Bush family proverb; Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day... drown him in the lake and he'll never be hungry again.

Any Which Way.... because there's more to it than Fox tells you.

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 ... LastLast