Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast

Thread: Age of Empires III

Dark Steno's Avatar lol fang tan
    Quote Originally Posted by orcutt989
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo
    Wow...this is VERY different than one or two.
    If you didnt notice. It is built on the Age of Mythology Engine. So the rules are the game are pretty much different. I didnt like Age of Mythology very much, but for some reason, I love Age 3 just as much as I love the other ones. I just dont like the building limits. 7 watch towers? And when I get the "tower limit increase" card to add to my deck, it doesnt do anything. And all you need is like 5 cannons to win the game. But I love it, tons of technologies, and many wayas to play the game.
    Yeah, hell with limited towers. I think, this limits feature is just like Empire Earth 2.
    Yours Sincerely,

Dark Steno @ Maskawaih

| manker FTW too! Awesome and superior being ^_^! |

| Maskawaih.com |My DeviantArt|

2. Games   -   #42
    orcutt989's Avatar Blargh

Age of Empires 3: Release Date - October 25th, 2005

I thought it would be appropriate since this is a Big-Name game to hopefully get a thread going that could be stickied or used as a main place to talk about this game.
    Spoiler: Show

Welcome to the New World of Strategy

It's the dawn of a new age in real-time strategy (RTS) games. A brave New World is rising – a hostile yet beautiful world, filled with innovative gameplay, new strategic scenarios, eye-searing graphics and much more.

Welcome to a world called Age of Empires III.

New Feature – Home Cities

Players have access to their own European Home City for economic, technological and military support. Your Home City's success depends on you, with your city's improvements retained between games. Learn more.

Full 3-D Graphics, Destructible Environments and More

The goal of our Age of Empires III team here at Ensemble Studios wasn't just to build the best-looking graphics ever in an RTS game. It was to build the best-looking graphics in anyFind out. game. Period. Did our team succeed?

Civlizations

The Spanish have a strong military, with both hand infantry and cavalry. Flexibility in early shipments from the Home City give the Spanish the option to attack early or set up for a strong, late economy. Spanish Home City improvements benefit soldiers, buildings and naval units.

Quick access to Settlers gives the British one of the strongest economies in the game. The ability to upgrade two key units – the Musketeer and Hussar – make the British military formidable in the late game. The British Home City emphasizes improvements to technology and naval warfare.

Although the French economy starts slowly, the Coureur unit, a Villager with strong fighting skills, makes the French difficult to attack early. The French also have the strongest cavalry unit in the game – the Cuirassier. Plus, the French are experts at allying with the Native Americans.

Starting the game with two Town Centers, the Portuguese can quickly produce Settlers, control territory or support their allies. The Spyglass ability allows the Portuguese to easily spy on the enemy. The Portuguese also have a strong navy, strong light infantry and the best Dragoons in the game.

Although Dutch Settlers are limited and costly, their civilization makes up for this economic disadvantage by building Banks and generating coin automatically. The Dutch Home City emphasizes upgrades to defense and economy.

The Germans have fewer Settlers and therefore a slower economy. Fortunately, both the Settler Wagon and Uhlan cavalry spawn for free from the German Town Center. Plus, the Germans start with the ability to send Mercenaries from their Home City (long before other civilizations can).

Starting the game with extra resources but fewer Settlers gives the Russians the flexibility of focusing on economy or an early raid. Russian infantry, individually weak, are trained in blocks at a faster rate, providing the Russians with the opportunity to overwhelm their enemy with greater numbers.

For the Ottomans, Settlers spawn automatically from the Town Center. Building a Mosque and conducting research help keep that Settler production steady. Befitting their position straddling Europe and Asia, the Ottomans have more unique units than any other civilization.

European civilizations can learn new technologies and gain troops by forging alliances with the Native Americans. A British player who allies with the Iroquois is essentially playing as two civilizations: the British and the Iroquois.

Demo is out, click here to download it!

Minimum System Requirements
    Windows XP
    1.4 Ghz Processor
    256 RAM
    64 MB Video Card with HW and T&L
    370MB of HDD space
    DirectX 9c
    Last edited by {I}{K}{E}; 09-15-2005 at 12:41 PM.

3. Games   -   #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Steno
    Quote Originally Posted by orcutt989

If you didnt notice. It is built on the Age of Mythology Engine. So the rules are the game are pretty much different. I didnt like Age of Mythology very much, but for some reason, I love Age 3 just as much as I love the other ones. I just dont like the building limits. 7 watch towers? And when I get the "tower limit increase" card to add to my deck, it doesnt do anything. And all you need is like 5 cannons to win the game. But I love it, tons of technologies, and many wayas to play the game.
    Yeah, hell with limited towers. I think, this limits feature is just like Empire Earth 2.
    The tower limitation was to avoid the AOE2 tower fest This prevents players from building all over the map

The building time has to increase a little bit as well as the resources gathering.

4. Games   -   #44
    Dark Steno's Avatar lol fang tan
    Quote Originally Posted by Delorean
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Steno
    The tower limitation was to avoid the AOE2 tower fest This prevents players from building all over the map

The building time has to increase a little bit as well as the resources gathering.
    But it was Trebuchet fest!
    Yours Sincerely,

Dark Steno @ Maskawaih

| manker FTW too! Awesome and superior being ^_^! |

| Maskawaih.com |My DeviantArt|

5. Games   -   #45
    orcutt989's Avatar Blargh
    I like however, how there is no seige weapon that has like the largest range in the game. Everything is able to be killed by something, there is no super-powerful units. You can counter something with something else. And I also like how there are no seige units/regular units with larger range than a tower's range, which gets annoying having to defend the towers. Its just great, Ive played the demo for about a week straight now. I have a question, will the city only level up to level 9? Because there are a bunch of cards I want to get, but I have played 3 battles now and no level up...

6. Games   -   #46
    Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    is this game any good?

...i.e. Better than the Stronghold series?
    Do your citizens actually act like people who need a constant supply of food?
    Last edited by Wolfmight; 09-30-2005 at 05:27 PM.

7. Games   -   #47
    The demo version is out:
    http://www.filemirrors.com/search.sr...al&action=Find

The full version wont come out untill Oct 18.

8. Games   -   #48
    twisterX's Avatar Poster
    only like one more month till the release. The game is gonna rule!!!

9. Games   -   #49
    ApacNTS's Avatar Helljumper
    i've been playing age of empires 2 as of late. pretty fun, im not that good at it, but it's always fun to knock down enemies buildings. except when they build 4 f'n castles with buildings all over the map. ran in the little explosive dudes, but they arent very powerful, take 30 to knock out a castle. the trebuchets are ridiculously underarmed, 4 or five hits from a few archers and it's dead.

10. Games   -   #50
    If you think the demo is tough, try this for a change.

I recommend making an army of about:
    15 Musketeers, 15 grenadiers, 3 cannons, 3 rockets. That'll hold off all the invasions as long as you continue to supply them with reinforcements when the others die. I'm pretty sure your cannons and rockets will barely die off, if not at all.
    Only grab coin from your shipments, since it's very limited on the lands. You also need to build some walls to divert the enemy's armies into one point.. enclose your city except the area you want the enemy to attack...obviously they are pretty stupid to only attack that one area. Eh, I never lost a single piece of wall!!!

If you want to attack the enemy..build atleast 2-3 rockets, 10 musketeers, and 5 grenadiers. Those rockets will annihilate the hell out of any building!!! I love how they fire in infinite supply!!! You could blow sh*t up all day if you had a group of 20 rockets guarded with 20 musketeers! Blood baths!
    Last edited by Wolfmight; 10-02-2005 at 03:59 AM.

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast