Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm Back...

GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    i've questioned why the links were even posted. i managed not to click the second though

2. Lounge   -   #32
    what the fuck...wait did you guys hear that?It sound like a bitch bitching

3. Lounge   -   #33
    yesh.... err no?

4. Lounge   -   #34

5. Lounge   -   #35
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    I thought the picture was revolting and did not appreciate it being just there on the page.

The bottom line is that you should have posted a link, with a severe harshity warning.

However if your warning level was low (I have no way of knowing) then I think a moderation was probably too much. The picture was offensive, just how offensive is a subjective matter.

Like I said tho' I don't know if this was taken in isolation, for all I know your level could be so high that any incident would lead to a moderation.
    Last edited by JPaul; 05-08-2005 at 02:31 PM.

6. Lounge   -   #36
    Samurai's Avatar Usenet Fanboy
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul
    I thought the picture was revolting and did not appreciate it being just there on the page.

The bottom line is that you should have posted a link, with a severe harshity warning.

However if your warning level was low (I have no way of knowing) then I think a moderation was probably too much. The picture was offensive, just how offensive is a subjective matter.

Like I said tho' I don't know if this was taken in isolation, for all I know your level could be so high that any incident would lead to a moderation.
    All good points.

This was my first time on moderation, and I hadn't been warned before. I was just simply placed on moderation for 2 days and I didn't have a say in the matter. I'm assuming my warning level was low as no one has PM'd me otherwise.

Ziggy - This is the second time I've had to tell you to go take a walk. Go and post your drivel someplace else, because quite frankly you're acting like a tit now

7. Lounge   -   #37

8. Lounge   -   #38
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    This is the bottomline....

Samurai broke a rule.
    1. He is not considered a troublemaker.

2. A mod already saw the picture and decided not to remove it.

3. The whole thread was based on something that broke the rules.

If a member was offended by it, whether bad judgement or not by Samurai, it was best to pm Samurai.

This shit reminds me of a person at the office that overhears you curse while talking to another in the office, is so appalled and shit that they go to supervisor instead to the other office worker.

It's hard for me to say that a mod was wrong but in the context of thread (1,2, and 3 above), Samurai should have been cut slack.

To the folks that bitched about it, your aim was to get Samurai moderated and not to have the pic removed.

Your dry-snitching took wayyyyyyyyyy more effort.

The mods were doing a "job" and some members were being straight-up bitches and I'm soory I didn't pm Samurai myself in light of all the complaining.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

9. Lounge   -   #39
    Mr. Mulder's Avatar pepper your angus BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    i didn’t read all of this thread, but Busyman being put on moderation for blowing ziggy’s brains out doesn’t sound right!

Free Busy

10. Lounge   -   #40
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    I don't understand the big fuss about a picture that (arguably) needed to be removed. Why moderate someone who has consistanly been a helpful contributor to this board for some time. I for one found the picture gross but not disturbing, again that's just me and I had already seen it in an email. Samurai has already admitted that a better way to post that pic would have been with a link. Done. Lesson learned. Let's move on.

Now let's look at the punishment, does it fit the crime? Of course not. Why should someone in good board standing, who posts an picture that some find offensive, be put on moderation?? I've seen many a pic in The Sexy Lady thread that I'm sure many felt grossed out by (800 lb. women spreading their legs, etc.). What about the people who post direct links to warez an the like? Those are just removed with a comment from the mod stating such action has been taken. Are they put on moderation? No. The punishment simply doesn't fit the crime or the "criminal".

I usually stay out of these discussions and just read them, but I'm standing next to Samurai with arms folded on this one.

yo

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast