Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Soccer Questions.

JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by peat moss
    Ya JP , and the close calls I'll leave alone ,makes for an exciting game .
    Favour the attack, that's what the pros are supposed to do, but they never do.

Only give off-side when you know it's off-side, makes for a better game. However you get more stick, particliarly if they score. Coz it's obviously your fault.

If you give a bad off-side all you do is take a chance away, if you let it run and they score, then you gave away a goal (in the defence's head).

541T happens, just enjoy yourself.

2. Sports Club   -   #102
    manker's Avatar effendi
    The linesmen (who are just substitutes or spectators) aren't required to rule offsides in our league. I would be surprised if Peat had to officiate in that manner for a game in which his son was playing. Actually, I'd think the ref a bit of an idiot if this was the case.

Parental bias, and all that.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

3. Sports Club   -   #103
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Quote Originally Posted by manker
    The linesmen (who are just substitutes or spectators) aren't required to rule offsides in our league. I would be surprised if Peat had to officiate in that manner for a game in which his son was playing. Actually, I'd think the ref a bit of an idiot if this was the case.

I'm not sure Manker cause we hav'nt played a game yet , why I was asking .

But we don't always get a referee either so both coaches take turns at the half . Not a great situation but you do you what you have to so the kids can play . I'v always gave the close throw ins to the othe team just so it seems fair . But that sucks too oh well what can do .
    Last edited by peat moss; 09-17-2005 at 05:22 PM.

4. Sports Club   -   #104
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by peat moss
    Quote Originally Posted by manker

I'm not sure Manker cause we hav'nt played a game yet , why I was asking .

But we don't always get a referee either so both coaches take turns at the half . Not a great situation but you do you what you have to so the kids can play . I'v always gave the close throw ins to the othe team just so it seems fair . But that sucks too oh well what can do .
    Not having a go at you, matey

I was just saying how it works in the league I play in. It has been known for us not to have a referee too, happened twice last year. It really sucks if you're playing away from home without a ref.

Last edited by manker; 09-17-2005 at 05:28 PM.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

5. Sports Club   -   #105
    Oh I know Manker , the few times I had to coach the team ( coaches work too ) I put all the kids that never get to play forward up front ................ I'm 2 -0 I'm a fucking genuis ? lol

6. Sports Club   -   #106
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    Offside decisions are a piece of piss.. All you have to do is keep track of at least six moving objects.. a doddle!

7. Sports Club   -   #107
    I was all worred for not, the ref called them . Not very well I might add but he's the boss.

8. Sports Club   -   #108
    There's an Irish guy - former Gaelic football player - that has recently joined an English soccer club. The club is in the Championship or League 1/2. Apparently this guy has been cracking in the goals recently.

I heard him mentioned by Mark Clemet on BBC 5 Live about three weeks ago but I can't remember the guy's name, or who he plays for.

Does anyone know?

Cheers

9. Sports Club   -   #109
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by GM1
    There's an Irish guy - former Gaelic football player - that has recently joined an English soccer club. The club is in the Championship or League 1/2. Apparently this guy has been cracking in the goals recently.

I heard him mentioned by Mark Clemet on BBC 5 Live about three weeks ago but I can't remember the guy's name, or who he plays for.

Does anyone know?

Cheers
    There's a young Irish lad playing for Reading who only joined them in the summer - Kevin Doyle. He's been scoring a few.

He might be who you're thinking of but I've no idea whether he used to play Gaelic football.

10. Sports Club   -   #110
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Possibly the chap maker is speaking of.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...ng/4415602.stm

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast