Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789

Thread: What an incredible asshole...

Tempestv's Avatar Engineer
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7488485/
    Unfortunatly, the Republicans are treating this as a political matter- what has to be done to preserve Republican support, not what has to be done to punish those responsable for allowing this to happen and to do what has to be done to make sure that nothing like this happens again. and apparently, the proper method for ignoring the problem is to blame everything on the demecrats.
    Plan for the worst, hope for the best

2. The Drawing Room   -   #82
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggles View Post
    What has it got to do with the Democrats? I thought they were likely to be the beneficiaries of this embarrassment. All they have to do is say little and looked slightly shocked (not easy for a politician to do either I know).
    The opportunities for righteous indignation are fantastic. The Democrats and the homophobes must be dancing a dance of joy. In a bizarre twist the homosexuals must also be having a good larf about the whole thing.

The liberals must be a wee bit pissed off tho'.
    In a "Yeah ..... oh bugger" sort of way it must be a delicate line for them to tread.

Old Greenboro Baptist will be getting their placards out. I see they were prevailed upon to not protest about homosexualists at the little Amish girls funerals today so they will be all raring to go.
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

3. The Drawing Room   -   #83
    Quote Originally Posted by Tempestv View Post
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7488485/
    Unfortunatly, the Republicans are treating this as a political matter- what has to be done to preserve Republican support, not what has to be done to punish those responsable for allowing this to happen and to do what has to be done to make sure that nothing like this happens again. and apparently, the proper method for ignoring the problem is to blame everything on the demecrats.
    Now call me a foreign git but I can't see how that could pissibly work. If one of Tony Blair's chaps misbehaved they might kick him out but no one would believe it was "all the Tories fault". Unless the average American does not know which party most politicians belong to I can't see how they would buy into a "it was all the other lots fault" argument.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #84
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent

The opportunities for righteous indignation are fantastic. The Democrats and the homophobes must be dancing a dance of joy. In a bizarre twist the homosexuals must also be having a good larf about the whole thing.

The liberals must be a wee bit pissed off tho'.
    I see they were prevailed upon to not protest about homosexualists at the little Amish girls funerals today so they will be all raring to go.
    I've warned you about splitting infinitives before.

Also girls', if you don't mind.

Standards and so fourth.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #85
    I see they were prevailed upon to not protest about homosexualists at the little Amish girls funerals today so they will be all raring to go.
    I've warned you about splitting infinitives before.

Also girls', if you don't mind.

Standards and so fourth.
    Apogolies

I seem to have a random split infinitive generator built in. No excuse for the dropped apostrophe though - very shoddy.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #86
    Tempestv's Avatar Engineer
    Now call me a foreign git but I can't see how that could pissibly work. If one of Tony Blair's chaps misbehaved they might kick him out but no one would believe it was "all the Tories fault". Unless the average American does not know which party most politicians belong to I can't see how they would buy into a "it was all the other lots fault" argument.
    I have a pretty hard time with it as well, but what can you expect from the republican party these days- Logic?
    Plan for the worst, hope for the best

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789