Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: The attitude around here needs to change

puckface's Avatar Unknown Pleasures BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    Not trying to start an argument, but I think that's where a lot of these things start... labeling people as traders or anti-traders, or for that matter, people with good or bad grammar. Why does that need to be done at all? Cant everyone just be a user?
    Last edited by puckface; 12-31-2008 at 01:56 AM.
    Go Leafs Go.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    okie dokie. i'll start with the help, the term is "one another", not "one and other". edit that shit son.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/one+another

helping is fun!

back on topic, does that mean if someone doesnt agree with something that has been said they shouldnt voice their opinion on the matter? there is a very fine line between good moderating and censorship. please remember that. also we need to remember that people who dont trade/sell invites are forced to share a general bittorrent forum with those who do, and there will always be some tension there between at least a few of them.

Quote Originally Posted by puckface View Post
    Not trying to start an argument, but I think that's where a lot of these things start... labeling people as traders or anti-traders, or for that matter, people with good or bad grammar. Why does that need to be done at all? Cant everyone just be a user?
    no, and its obvious it cant be that way, which is why they separated the giveaways/requests with the trades in the first place. those 2 groups of people don't generally get along and it's a mindset thing, the opinions of someone who trades and someone who doesnt will generally be polar opposites.
    Last edited by interwebz; 12-31-2008 at 02:12 AM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    nemrac's Avatar Getting my feet wet BT Rep: +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65
    I totally agree with you. All of a sudden, users are broken down into traders/non-traders, by country, by religion...this has got to stop. We all all here for the same basic reason - or did we all forget?

Nemrac

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    MODERATION BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by nemrac View Post
    I totally agree with you. All of a sudden, users are broken down into traders/non-traders, by country, by religion...this has got to stop. We all all here for the same basic reason - or did we all forget?

Nemrac
    hmm, surprising that two users who traded in the past would come to this conclusion...

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    puckface's Avatar Unknown Pleasures BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    Quote Originally Posted by ben99 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nemrac View Post

Nemrac
    hmm, surprising that two users who traded in the past would come to this conclusion...
    see, you prove my point exactly. so what if I have traded? Is it like I have leprocy? Or is it like being a Republican? Or maybe I have the bird flu or the SARS?

This is what is bringing everyone down. Also, both of use werent only talking about trading if you would care to read our individual posts.

But, you can think however you want I guess. Good day sir.
    Last edited by puckface; 12-31-2008 at 02:15 AM.
    Go Leafs Go.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    I am a new member but I see what you mean. Some people seem to post so that others dont get the invite...

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    Night0wl's Avatar GoaHead BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Quote Originally Posted by sheriff 01 View Post
    i think you could handle your own in a fight anyway detale, seeing as your from Brooklyn.
    I have some close friends from there and let me tell you they can throw it down pretty good.

I applaud your efforts to do this detale, i only wish that i could help you out in the process because
    i am ready to go to war!
    Quote Originally Posted by Albo Da Kid View Post
    ^^ I agree. NYC boroughs have a rep for that. just don't get caught here after dark lol

Wow, Congratz Detale. You actually managed to find someone, who believes you can beat them up.

They clearly do not have viking blood running through their veins.

We eat Brooklyn brawlers for breakfast
    Last edited by Blue_Skies; 12-31-2008 at 02:35 AM.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    hotshot6473's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    I hope this works and hopefully some of the bad eggs can be made an example of. There is no need for bashing and especially no need for it in public. If you wanna handle something do it in private.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    detale, the reasons you state for the change are the very same that keep making me come back here in a daily basis. Maybe in the last couple of days it got to a "higher-level".
    what you will try to enforce (enforce is the correct word imo) is a status quo where everyone will be afraid to point the finger at those considered not-so-good-for-the-community members, expecting retaliations from the moderation team.
    It is what it happens here most of the times, and in my opinion it has been a self-purge from the members here, as some of them, quite often, keep pointing the finger at those bad weeds.
    I am pretty much against this witch hunt for traders that few members do here, except a few nasty ones that i can't hide how much i dislike them, but i also dislike some giveaway'ers, so i really don't separate them in the good, the bad and the ugly.

enforcing this, will in my opinion give a sense of protection to those bad weeds that we more often than so, meet here. And it will be a regress from the path that this forum was taking, towards self discipline by its community (yes, this is a community, not all communities are peaceful, but yet they are a community).

well, i'll continue the way i have been here, as i see nothing wrong in my attitude. If i will have to be one of the "victims/examples", because i don't fit on the attitude u praise for this forum, so be it. There's no point for me pretending to be someone different in a forum, than what i really am.

This forum/community is not for the faint hearted. If some guys haven't the balls to "survive" here, well... tough luck.
    (and i do consider it pretty friendly indeed).

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    whip22's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23
    Quote Originally Posted by squirr3l View Post
    bet this will turn into a fight feast by next page or something
    lol

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast