Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Perceptions

I always wondered about this, cos i reckon i associate people's attitudes and characteristics with what I see in their avatars, i always wondered what that meant for me, cos the cartoon guy in mine looks well pissed off.

Oh and for jpaul i suppose a guy about mid 40's, glasses, black hair, the kinda parent who randomly checks your homework.

2. Lounge   -   #32
    BANNED
    i can't see him as a parent

3. Lounge   -   #33
    Poster
    Originally posted by JPaul+13 September 2003 - 16:04--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JPaul @ 13 September 2003 - 16:04)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-nigel123@13 September 2003 - 16:59
    JP.If you are old enough then you could have some connection to Bletchley Park...
    That would be an enigma wouldn&#39;t it. [/b][/quote]
    I had an enigma once&#33; The feeling of release and relief was bliss&#33;

errr i think&#33;&#33;
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>Mr Hand&#39;s Busy Right Now&#33; So Talk To Mr FOOKIN FINGER&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;</span></span>

4. Lounge   -   #34
    Poster
    I hope uncle p is gonna put all straight when this is done&#33;

Personally I get the horn picturing him as really intelligent sexy school teacher type chick. I can just visualize her in the passenger seat of me focus&#33;&#33;&#33;

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>Mr Hand&#39;s Busy Right Now&#33; So Talk To Mr FOOKIN FINGER&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;</span></span>

5. Lounge   -   #35
    BANNED
    Originally posted by fugley@13 September 2003 - 16:16
    I hope uncle p is gonna put all straight when this is done&#33;

Personally I get the horn picturing him as really intelligent sexy school teacher type chick. I can just visualize her in the passenger seat of me focus&#33;&#33;&#33;

roflmao

6. Lounge   -   #36
    Poster
    He&#39;s 45-60 years old, with some grey hair and about 5&#39;9" to 5&#39;11" med build. Obviously a professional. Well read. Possibly a failed marriage or love relationship behind him causing some regret (will be glad If I&#39;m wrong) - Not loads of kids probably one or none. Get the feeling he&#39;s on his own now - maybe too tied up with career interests to make things stick in private. A strong opinionated personality with the justification that comes with intelligence, experience and knowledge. But knows deep down noone can always be right - least of all him. Is getting better at letting the humanity out or keeping an opinion, to himself when the subject doesn&#39;t really matter anyway. He has an extremely dry and at times hysterically funny wit. Often show kindness and patience when you wouldn&#39;t expect it - that&#39;s his involuntary way of appologising for his over-bearingness.

His main ambition in life is to own a focus. And to have a sex change op&#33;&#33;

7. Lounge   -   #37
    Poster
    Originally posted by MUSLEMAN@13 September 2003 - 14:39
    you all notice he always gets everybody in a discusion and then disapears himself??

ps my avatar looks great somebody 1234 thanks again what did you do to it??
    Are you refering to me about disapearing?

About your avatar, I did a little magic work with Photoshop.

8. Lounge   -   #38
    Poster
    I agree with Fugley a lot. My perceptions of JPaul aren&#39;t of the physical, though. (sorry, JPaul) The physical doesn&#39;t matter to me. But the mind does, and what an interesting mind you have. I doubt the Columbo avatar resembles him, would be surprised if it does.

The Columbo mind is a totally different thing... it does resemble yours, JPaul. The leading, the intelligence, the sometimes deviated delight hidden so well when people react exactly as you figured they would. But then the sometimes disappointment when they react as expected, also. Almost a boredom with people when they do.

You asked. ;-)

9. Lounge   -   #39
    Ex-member
    I just read Alfred Bester&#39;s short story "The Starcomber", and I have to say that Solon Aquila&#39;s manner of speech reminded me a little of JPaul.

10. Lounge   -   #40
    Poster
    Wonderful - thanks for doing this.

Who or what I am is of no import. The point is that people percieve things based not only on the evidence which is placed before them, but also on their own experiences.

You have all had access to the same material and have come up with a variety of responses. However some of your observations have been spookily accurate.

The fact that so many of you have replied to this thread, the quality of the responses and the obvious perception that you have shown does you all credit.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast