65. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

38 58.46%
  • No.

19 29.23%
  • Don't care...

8 12.31%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What trackers offer - Do you think it's still useful?

KFlint's Avatar ... BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    We would like to have your opinion on the usefulness of this list.

It is currently outdated in many aspects and it would require a lot of work to keep it up to date.

Nobody expressed the interest in maintaining it so far (we didn't really ask tbh) but if a group a people was willing to do it, it could be a good solution.

Thx,
    KF

P.S. Votes will be public because I want to see what profile of people find it useful. Can't see otherwise.
    Last edited by KFlint; 03-17-2011 at 03:49 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    voted yes

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    It makes no sense to even consider closing such section.
    Consider this poll as a simple evaluation of what the users think about it, nothing else.

As Kflint said, he doesn't (or ever) have interest in maintaining the thread, which I have been doing all alone for the past 18 months. Obviously it needs corrections, but I assume everybody knows the tracker's stats won't be updated daily, duh.

So, if anyone wants to step forward and lend us a hand, as I need help from someone who can do something for this board, feel comfortable to do so.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Mokhtar's Avatar Lord of Pharaoh
    Is very important, for newbies.
    If it not existed, we have all the time newbies ask about trackers in bt section.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    I voted yes. I've always thought the WTO table is an amazing resource on FST. All that information on a variety of trackers at a glance, separated by categories, and with quick links to reviews (if available) so that you can know more about every site.

Count me in if you're gathering users to update its data.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    KFlint's Avatar ... BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabalo View Post
    It makes no sense to even consider closing such section.
    Consider this poll as a simple evaluation of what the users think about it, nothing else.
    I rephrased my first post to avoid confusion.

As Kflint said, he doesn't (or ever) have interest in maintaining the thread, which I have been doing all alone for the past 18 months.
    I'm well aware of the job you did maintaining this thread and I'm not against keeping it on, I'm the one who came up with the prototype of this list at first to replace the old WTO and WTAW threads. Point is, it shouldn't be only moderators job to make it up to date, but a collective effort. We already have other tasks to do. If a group of trusted people (not new members, those with a good background here) had interest in maintaining it, it would become a much more interesting tool.

Quote Originally Posted by anon-sbi View Post
    I voted yes. I've always thought the WTO table is an amazing resource on FST. All that information on a variety of trackers at a glance, separated by categories, and with quick links to reviews (if available) so that you can know more about every site.

Count me in if you're gathering users to update its data.
    We'll keep a list of interested users, thx for offering!
    Last edited by KFlint; 03-17-2011 at 03:52 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Usenet Dinosaur
    I don't see a use for it and I think newbies would be more confused by it than anything else.
    Oddly, that same community you talk about, is the same that draws many people away from torrenting.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Tokeman's Avatar Ron Paul 2012 BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    I've found it useful on more the one occasion, so yes, keep it alive if possible.
    Not sure that I could do anything to help, as I am only a member of a few of those sites...

Great resource for newbs too.
    Also, I don't find it confusing at all, its a list of trackers, click for review, what could be simpler?

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokeman View Post
    Also, I don't find it confusing at all
    Neither do I.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    I don't see any names attached to the results.
    Anyway I voted yes. I still wouldn't know what people were talking about half the time without it as a resource.
    Of course it's also a double edged sword because then I wouldn't care what about what I might be missing out on either .
    Respect my lack of authority.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast