Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Will Your Firewall Stop This?

Poster
    So can you post the firewalls that passed now?

2. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #32
    Samurai's Avatar Usenet Fanboy
    Originally posted by DVD PIRATE III+10 January 2004 - 17:06--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (DVD PIRATE III @ 10 January 2004 - 17:06)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Samurai@11 January 2004 - 06:56
    Differences between trojans and this software as as follows:

1) nothing was installed with this app, thus no foreign software installed to alert my AV of it&#39;s nature

its not testing your antivirus...its testing your firewalls out bound protection
    take a look at the name of this thread..does it read "Will your Anti-Virus stop This?
    No it reads "will your firewall stop this" [/b][/quote]
    Out-Bound Protection eh? Ok, when I&#39;ve run that file that was downloaded and gone through the whole process, not once does it even enter my list of applications using the Internet.

I already know it&#39;s using IE after a couple of tests, but we can&#39;t just disallow using IE because of this fact.

As for
    Enabling dll auth should stop it mate.
    , this did not work.

3. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #33
    weve only heard from 2-3 different firewalls so far..wait for a bit of variety to arrive... B)

4. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #34
    Samurai's Avatar Usenet Fanboy
    Well we haven&#39;t heard from anyone using Zone Alarm & Pro users so maybe that&#39;s one. Possibly BlackIce is another.

5. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #35
    BANNED
    Guys it has to be you lot.

After i may take a few screen shots of it tring through my apps

6. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #36
    Originally posted by samurai+--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (samurai)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Out-Bound Protection eh? Ok, when I&#39;ve run that file that was downloaded and gone through the whole process, not once does it even enter my list of applications using the Internet[/b]

Thats why this is so serious. Its obviously making an out-bound connection but apparently most firewalls dont even notice it.

<!--QuoteBegin-samurai

I already know it&#39;s using IE after a couple of tests, but we can&#39;t just disallow using IE because of this fact.[/quote]

This is another reason why its such a big deal. It could hijack any application not just Internet Explorer and you wouldnt even know it.

7. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #37
    Poster
    Using Tiny Personal Firewall Engine 2.0.15 and the program crashed out couldn&#39;t carry on,

8. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #38
    Originally posted by cwctv@11 January 2004 - 07:41
    Using Tiny Personal Firewall Engine 2.0.15 and the program crashed out couldn&#39;t carry on,
    thanks for posting so mate...

9. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #39
    Poster
    Update did it some more times the same then I opened a doc&#39; and bingo results were all over the screen, what a waste of time a fierwall is then but I am not getting another one.

10. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #40
    Heres another firewall tester thats not so vicious if any one wants to try it

Rightclick Save target as

Firehole.exe

Heres there website if people wanna get it from there and dont trust me...lol
    http://www.keir.net/firehole.html

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast