Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

Thread: Kazaa Protector V1.0

Nice!! it hides tray icon

Like phoenix said, if you choose no to leave locked it asks for pass again.

It's not foolproof. If you:

A- End KzLock.exe, then end Kazaa process, in that order (using taskmanager), then reopen kazaa, and poof! no lock

B- Shutdown KzLock, select leave locked, then end kazaa process using taskmanager, and reopen kazaa -- no lock

basically the only way to unlock should be through the prog kzlock and no other way

2. File Sharing   -   #32
    well best way to ensure that kaza stay locked is to add an addon cd_clint.dll tru KLextention ... we know than that dll will be loaded with each instance of kazaa ... so that dll could check a reg key isLocked if so, launch kzlock ... if not unload itself (or if its only like 5k we could leave it)

but again i think main goal of this is to protect our download from malicious little brother ... so by the time you end kazaa from the process tree your lost with download... there an issue to hide something from process tree under win98 maybe xp

but any effort you'll made there'll alwais be security issue, even M$ cant keep his serialNuber/activation safe

if you said to have disabled all control would it be possible to pause the hide timer to let us see the trafic tab(witout being able to cancel/pause download)

for some reason i dont trust anything that use a timer, especially while i'm going away for like 24h ... at end it generally hug lot of resources, would it be better to listen at events ?? like onMaximizeWindow or whatever it is name ?

3. File Sharing   -   #33
    Poster
    ^_^ Bug Fixed!

On Shutdown it will only ask for the password if its locked and need to be unlocked.

Now! the program uses a atom timer trick of mine so not to let people temper and such, no processing time extra then what the system is already putting out.

4. File Sharing   -   #34
    Originally posted by hybridgraf@25 March 2003 - 03:10
    Now! the program uses a atom timer trick of mine so not to let people temper and such, no processing time extra then what the system is already putting out.
    really curious about that ... you and your einsten avatar being talking about atoms ... scarry

5. File Sharing   -   #35
    Poster
    ITS TOP SECRET!!!!
    if i told ya i wud have to de-atomize you.

6. File Sharing   -   #36
    1. For some reason, KzLock doesn't seem to Auto-Lock/Save Password any more, after a restart of the program. Does the program have to be in a specific location/be a specific filename??? (My copy is stored in C:\Downloads\KzLock0.5++++.exe)
    2. When you change a password, and the password/password confirmation don't match, and then if you press OK, nothing happens. So you should popup a message that they don't match or something like that.
    3. If the KzLock Config window is open, but behind some other programs' windows, then if you try and right click the KzLock systray icon, and press Config, it doesn't bring up the Config window. The only way to bring it back up is to minimise those windows. So please fix this.
    4. More options: Such as whether to show Kazaa Lite window (no access to anything on it though) or hide it completely, and also whether to show Kazaa/Lite/K++ AND/OR KzLock systray icons/systray right click menus or not, whether the password is needed to get into Config (currently no password is needed, and you can Restart Kazaa without it as well, and that would stop all downloads...), options for what happens if you single/double-click on KzLock's systray icon (does it go into Config or Trigger Lock or whatever...), limited access, timed lock/unlock and much more...
    5. When the KzLock is locked, the Config window should say something like "Untrigger/Unlock Lock" instead of "Trigger Lock".
    6. There is a bug: When Kazaa's TASKBAR item gets closed before locking, and then you lock it, and then click Restart Kazaa, it says that Kazaa isn't present, do you want to restart it? And if you click either yes OR no, it will Restart it anyway??? This also happens sometimes when the TASKBAR item wasn't even closed at all, and also sometimes after clicking yes OR no, it will leave Kazaa's systray icon active/unhidden even though KzLock is locked.
    7. And also, KzLock becomes unlocked when it is closed/opened in this order, even though it was locked (never unlocked) at first in the program: (KzLock Locked with Kazaa open, through the Windows Task Manager: close KzLock, then close Kazaa, then reopen Kazaa.), and also this order: (KzLock Locked with Kazaa open, through the Windows Task Manager: close Kazaa, then close KzLock, then reopen Kazaa.)

Please confirm/fix all of the above. Thanx a lot in advance!!!

7. File Sharing   -   #37
    Version 0.5 is the latest right ? if not where can I d/l the newer function ?

8. File Sharing   -   #38
    Poster
    KzLock Version 1.0 OUT !!!
    Fixed all reported bugz.
    New Addon DLL for Kazaa (cd_clint.dll) to start KzLock on Kazaa Start
    TRY IT!!

http://www.taxisairport.com/KzLock.rar
    http://www.taxisairport.com/KzLock.exe

9. File Sharing   -   #39
    Poster
    New Update to Beta Release
    Added:
    * Close Button on Config Form
    * Changed Name from "Trigger Lock" to "Lock Kazaa"
    * Config not accesable when Lock is on.
    * Stealth Trigger
    ON = Hide Kazaa Tray Icon
    * Start with Kazaa
    ON = I DUNNO WHAT IT DOES
    (Addon)
    * No More "Kazaa not Present" on start-up.
    If Kazaa wasnt not loaded when you loaded KzLock
    The Restart Message Came Up.

* About Menu Item
    Replaced "By Monkey"

* New Install
    Install and Register -> Add-On
    Install and add to Tools -> KzLock

ENJOY!

Download Install

10. File Sharing   -   #40
    Thanks !! hybridgraf, your the man ... now i only have to find a reason to use it 0_o

what about the Krestart proggy ?

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast