Page 52 of 91 FirstFirst ... 2424950515253545562 ... LastLast

Thread: Soft-modding Your Xbox The Easy Way!

spiek87
    I followed this tut all the way and read it like 20 times i bet your sick of hearing this. but sadly I'm not a noob just stuck in a maze of noobs who got me confused.
    K I cant get on XBL, I followed a tut but used Splinter Cell.
    I can FTP to my xbox. I can mod the Maps.
    BUT I cant get on Xbox Live can someone help.
    I do have a secret account that don't matter if it gets banned, and yes i used a crap box because it loads the downloaded maps and not the ones on the disc. Yes I have Read All the Post and Replies but I just get More Confused.
    If it helps I'm using UnleashX and used the Splinter Cell save.
    You can IM me at
    MSN: [email protected]
    AIM: cdoggspike
    I'm logged on like 24 hours a day so just IM me and ill get your message, it might take a while for a reply, because I'm only the for 15 Min's a time. but PLEASE HELP ME
    The dip shit who gave me the tut couldn't answer my Questions so I hope You can, or at least direct me in the right Direction
    Thanks

If you don't get what I'm saying I CANT GET CONNECTED TO XBOX LIVE

2. Guides and Tutorials   -   #512
    Mountaindew
    WEll ive used the save that youv given with the ar install and ive gotton as far as installing ude2 but right there it tells me thatmbers are missing.

3. Guides and Tutorials   -   #513
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountaindew
    WEll ive used the save that youv given with the ar install and ive gotton as far as installing ude2 but right there it tells me thatmbers are missing.
    Stick in a new game that has xbox live enabled. It should ask for you to update, select yes then go back and softmod.

I found it does this on the oldest version of the xbox, says its missing files. Update it and everything will be good
    Need a cheap/easy way of modding your xbox? Check this out.

4. Guides and Tutorials   -   #514
    cybershot1
    if i softmod, does it come with xbmc?
    if i get a new HD, must i keep the originial M$ one? can i play online with the new hardrive if i have the original say....halo2? i want to get a new bigger and badder HD but im afraid i wont be able to play live anymore

when softmodding, do i need anything from #xbins ?
    Last edited by cybershot1; 07-06-2005 at 05:43 PM.

5. Guides and Tutorials   -   #515
    i dont understand setup 2 how do i find my dhcp and stuff?

6. Guides and Tutorials   -   #516
    i under stand every thing but the setup 2 sorry if thats an often said question

7. Guides and Tutorials   -   #517
    |F1|'s Avatar Forum Star
    Quote Originally Posted by cybershot1
    if i softmod, does it come with xbmc?
    No (read below)
    Quote Originally Posted by cybershot1
    when softmodding, do i need anything from #xbins ?
    Using this tut:
    You don't necessarily need anything from #xbins, but softmodding would be pretty useless (in my opinion). You can get different apps such as XBMC (Xbox Media Center), emulators, game backup apps, and other cool things.

I am pretty sure there are other softmod packs with apps combined, but this tutorial has just installs a new bios.
    Last edited by |F1|; 07-09-2005 at 08:30 PM.

8. Guides and Tutorials   -   #518
    XBOXJUNKIE

Question Mark

Hi Guys: I'm a newbie and a lazy one at that. So my questions are...

#1 Do i have to FTP?

#2 Does my PC have to run windows XP to use action replay?

#3 Can i buy an already modded xbox and use a USB Adapter (Female) to go from PC to XBOX to modd a game?

#4 Can i just pay one of you to do this for me? lol

9. Guides and Tutorials   -   #519
    |F1|'s Avatar Forum Star
    Quote Originally Posted by XBOXJUNKIE 33
    Hi Guys: I'm a newbie and a lazy one at that. So my questions are...

#1 Do i have to FTP?

#2 Does my PC have to run windows XP to use action replay?

#3 Can i buy an already modded xbox and use a USB Adapter (Female) to go from PC to XBOX to modd a game?

#4 Can i just pay one of you to do this for me? lol
    #1: To softmod? No.

#2: You have to have Windows 98 or higher

#3: Maybe, but FTP'ing would be easier I think.

#4: It's really not that hard, but you can buy a premodded xbox with modchips and bigger harddrives. Since you already have one, it would save a lot of money. It only takes like 10 minutes to softmod.

10. Guides and Tutorials   -   #520
    Justin2005
    Warning: Noobie!

Hello everyone,

edit: a minute after this post, I ran itools again and pressed a button other than "A" and now the xbox is in the process of installing the stuff! and the linux penguin is in the top left of the tv screen...and there are messages that backups of stuff are being made...the stuff I deleted to fit the zip on the AR card are reported as missin....IE...the fonts for UDE1...I hope it don't affect stuff

Much respect to SingaBoiY and Agent Smith...Singa for starting everything and Agent Smith for his perseverance. It's amazing that it has been more than 2 years since this started and you guys are still active and helping people out.

I'm really trying to follow in your footsteps guys, but I'm so stuck. I've been working at this for 2 weeks and really tried to follow the steps.

After finding this post by chance, I went and bought this xbox, 14 used games, 4 used controllers, a used xbox dvd player set, a new Action replay package, cd-rws for slayer's stuff,...and I'm just stuck...slayer's ISO after I burn it with nero doesn't work...I've tried BenQ dvd+r, and philips CD-rw

Here's what I've done because I hit ERROR 21 right after pressing the A button on my xbox controller at the grey colored itools screen.

#1.downloaded the Agent underfire zip from the link at the first page of this post
    #2.Used Qwix to extract the update.xbe from slayer's 2.6 iso.
    #3.made the update.xbe.zip file...added this file to the "files" folder in the zip from #1
    #4.moved the "updated" agent under fire.zip onto my Action replay card after deleting the x2-4981.gz, ude1-fonts, and ude1-patches.tgz files in order to fit it onto my empty action replay 8 mb card...it finally fit..
    #5.the xmx "matrix-like" screen comes up and the grey "Itools" screen comes up...some rap music plays (maybe it's stored music on my xbox?) and as soon as I press the "A" button...the error 21 screen comes.

My xbox serial: 4208167 22702 ...supposedly, this means my xbox was made in the 27th week of 2002 in mexico.

the system info shows: Kernal: 4034 Dash:5960

I'm guessing this means v.1.0 xbox?

Anyone who can advise me please feel free. I will be very grateful.

my yahoo messenger ID is justinv2005
    my email is [email protected]

posting here will be great as well.

Looking fwd to a successful mod and to getting some advice. I know this error 21 means nothing specific, but that my xbox system files could be incomplete or corrupted...I am the 2nd user of this xbox, so I don't know what the previous dude did with it. However, it plays retail games and movies just fine.

-Jus
    Last edited by Justin2005; 07-11-2005 at 04:32 AM. Reason: forgot something