Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

Thread: Concerns about new secret trackers

AugustoP's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Wild, how many PMs asking for that site url have you received?

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Zero

people i think know i would never give it out.

Wild

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    SpiderPig's Avatar The Clams BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    Let's just make a ranking system based on the tracker's CONTENT, SPEED, RELIABILITY, STAFF, MEMBERS, "COMMUNITY." Not this "rarity" bullshit.

I agree with ya, Shadow.
    No Whining

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    RTFM's Avatar <? print "BCC"; ?> BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Quote Originally Posted by FalconsSB View Post
    Let's just make a ranking system based on the tracker's CONTENT, SPEED, RELIABILITY, STAFF, MEMBERS, "COMMUNITY." Not this "rarity" bullshit.

I agree with ya, Shadow.
    I think that the things you listed are what should be judged when determining if a tracker is good. However, trading works on a supply-and-demand system, so those that are more rare are "worth" more, and the ranking system is based on said "worth."

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    Quote Originally Posted by RTFM View Post
    I think that the things you listed are what should be judged when determining if a tracker is good. However, trading works on a supply-and-demand system, so those that are more rare are "worth" more, and the ranking system is based on said "worth."
    Ok.. say.. you have..

Tracker A: Rarity is top-notch, 3000 User Limit, Pre-times Good, Community very good, Content is not so good, Speed is crap (unless it is new stuff), Only a couple seeders/leechers per torrent on avg, Only new stuff - you can't download old stuff because it is only 0-Day and only "uploaders" can do it, No requests or re-ups. Also, only 1 invite per Extreme User (500GB upped, etc) for entire lifetime.

Tracker B: Rarity is OK, 20000 User Limit, Pre-times Amazing, Community a little lacking because of the size, but people know eachother, Content is Amazing, Speed is top-notch, New stuff AND old stuff, PU+s can upload their on ripped torrents upon request.

I'd rather have Tracker B in a heart beat. I doubt many people here actually cares about rarity over content. For example, neither OiNK, BitmeTV, nor TL are hard to get into (just be respectful, give back to the community, and they will come to you). They are definitely not based on rarity, rather, content and speed.

Oh, btw, I don't know how you max out at F*N on everything.. I downloaded a torrent about a day ago (TV series, season 1 DVD Rip), and I got 20kb/s until this dude came in with a 100kb/s connection to boost it up.
    No Whining

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    Shadowfire's Avatar catch-22 BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    I see what you're saying, but a tracker's quality will work itself into the demand aspect of the rarity ranking.

7. BitTorrent   -   #37
    allen(s)'s Avatar Poster
    Rarity = hard to find, would you pay £500.00 for a spiderman comic, i wouldn't, but serious collectors would and they wouldn't even read the thing, and if there were 100 copies in circulation they would be worth much more if only one copy existed. also it depends on what everyone else thinks is rare not just one opinion.
    Last edited by allen(s); 04-23-2007 at 12:01 AM.

8. BitTorrent   -   #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowfire View Post
    I see what you're saying, but a tracker's quality will work itself into the demand aspect of the rarity ranking.
    However, it is the opposite when the tracker WORKS for the rarity. For example, giving out invites once in a lifetime, never sharing the URL, only recruiting folks with fast connections, etc.

Catch my drift?
    No Whining

9. BitTorrent   -   #39
    allen(s)'s Avatar Poster
    what you you want it to be another demonoid or arenabg? theres loads of sites already that have thousands of users with big adverts for penis enlargement.

10. BitTorrent   -   #40
    Quote Originally Posted by allen(s) View Post
    what you you want it to be another demonoid or arenabg?
    Did I ever insist on no ratio rules, crappy staff, no user limit, etc?

I don't think so..
    No Whining

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast