Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Newsgroups vs high level trackers

JUSTAGUY's Avatar TORRENT P2P BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by $SnoopDo2G$ View Post
    Alright i've been in Newsgroups for a like months, i just tricked them
    by using a couple of trial accounts dl like GB's of stuff and yeah it's good coz you don't have to share... but it's kind of stupid in a way... where are the people no community and shit ???... and well content always get there later than a few places i know in torrent...

So definetely TORRENT is the way >>>
    And Rapidshare is also good and there are a few nice friendly communities sharing good stuff around as well...
    Most people (like me) could care less about a "community".

I want files, not a social movement.

i agree with you a 100%
    UTORRENT ABUSER

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    Quote Originally Posted by JUSTAGUY View Post

Most people (like me) could care less about a "community".

I want files, not a social movement.

i agree with you a 100%
    amen brother

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    DefX's Avatar Macula.Lutea. BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquill View Post
    I prefer Torrents, Usenet is no fun is just simply downloading. With a high level torrent site, a great community is also present. Also I seem to get the same speeds in torrents as Usenet.
    Totally.

Stick to torrents.
    I'm DefX and I approve this message
    "However awkwardly they might navigate the outside world, over the board they were killers." - NYT

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    mbucari1's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by DefX View Post

Totally.

Stick to torrents.
    Um, BS? Usenet has tens of thousands of communities, you know, the ORIGINAL purpose which is still used. It's DESIGNED for text posting, and doesn't support binaries directly. So if you ever bother, you can open your newsreader and join the fun! I don't know why you prefer bittorrent, but don't use lack of community as an excuse.

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    Poster BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    What is usenet axx?

Usenet and Torrents both have their pros and cons.

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    Poster BT Rep: +2
    i have never used newsgroups if my country had paypal i would definatly prefer newsgroups over torrents,

i used to buy wares in my country but the quality of movies are pretty bad but i never used to waste a lot of time in front of comp,now that i think about it ,it was lot better then what i am doing now but luckily i have a lot of spare time since i flunked in college this year

most of the guys who talk everything about community and all that junk on FST are hardly active members of the torrent forums especially if its a low level tracker.....and i think about only 20% of total torrent users are regular posters in a torrent forum,

i just need to...."watch all the possible movies ,play all the possible games, get all the softwares i want and listen to the songs i want".....with the least amount of money...i am not here to make friendship happen ...

in torrents i have to worry about
    ratios ,
    trading and anti-trading crap,
    signing up to 20 different trackers to access a large spectrum of data and keeping them active,
    and then make sure who i give out my invites to,the invite which i earned for having good ratios
    making sure i get those invites i want from the right person,
    and when one of the accounts get disabled because i trade i would feel emotional about the account i lost since i would have spent so much time on that account,that doesnt mean i would stop trading,i believe in trading its those anti-traders who have to change the way they think.
    if all of the above is not enough when these torrent sites get shut down in order to get invited to new torrent sites make sure i am active enough on the forums that some one would consider me worthy enough to be trusted for an invite....like any number of invite to any torrent site would mean anything in anyones life
    if me spending a few bucks would ensure me to peacefully download what i want without having to worry about anything ,i would be more then happy

if i had a choice i would prefer truth over lies and newsgroups over any high level torrent site.
    Last edited by stitched; 02-28-2008 at 07:31 AM.

"All that is gold does not glitter;all that is long does not last;All that is old does not wither; not all that is over is past..... "

7. File Sharing   -   #17
    Quote Originally Posted by mbucari1 View Post

Um, BS? Usenet has tens of thousands of communities, you know, the ORIGINAL purpose which is still used. It's DESIGNED for text posting, and doesn't support binaries directly. So if you ever bother, you can open your newsreader and join the fun! I don't know why you prefer bittorrent, but don't use lack of community as an excuse.
    Um, you're barking at the wrong tree?
    "However awkwardly they might navigate the outside world, over the board they were killers." - NYT

8. File Sharing   -   #18
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by mbucari1 View Post
    What the fuck does that mean.
    Mbucari1 is right, his point pertinent. This thread is called 'Newsgroups vs high level trackers'.

===

Further, usenet was around way before private BT trackers. It predates them by some twenty years and releases of apps, TV programs, and the latest films traditionally go to usenet first. It's always been the way. Usenet and its numerous groups, has many, many more uploaders than any private torrent site. Fact.

Now I'm not saying that some BT trackers don't have uploaders that cap TV shows or crack programs and release them exclusively to the site but usenet is the place for getting releases first.
    You have to know the right groups, of course, but once you've got your favourite groups entrenched in your newsreader of choice, you'll find everything you need and will be able to download it faster than if you relied on your private tracker.
    Last edited by manker; 02-28-2008 at 01:32 PM.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

9. File Sharing   -   #19
    Quote Originally Posted by manker View Post

Mbucari1 is right, his point pertinent. This thread is called 'Newsgroups vs high level trackers'.

===

Further, usenet was around way before private BT trackers. It predates them by some twenty years and releases of apps, TV programs, and the latest films traditionally go to usenet first. It's always been the way. Usenet and its numerous groups, has many, many more uploaders than any private torrent site. Fact.

Now I'm not saying that some BT trackers don't have uploaders that cap TV shows or crack programs and release them exclusively to the site but usenet is the place for getting releases first.
    You have to know the right groups, of course, but once you've got your favourite groups entrenched in your newsreader of choice, you'll find everything you need and will be able to download it faster than if you relied on your private tracker.

It means you two are telling me facts I already know and cherish in NGs. It means he's preaching to the wrong person. That's what I fucking mean.

Skizo was obviously using sarcasm in his original reply and I merely seconded it.

10. File Sharing   -   #20
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by manker View Post

===

It means you two are telling me facts I already know and cherish in NGs. It means he's preaching to the wrong person. That's what I fucking mean.

Skizo was obviously using sarcasm in his original reply and I merely seconded it.
    You're obviously confusing it with barking up the wrong tree. That's what I fucking meant. Your English sucks. I followed the sarcasm theme and then posted some information for the filesharing community to revel in.

See, we're not telling you. At least I wasn't, I used a post separator because I felt that a thread about the differences between NGs and BT should contain info for people to make their minds up which method to choose.

Rather than mods taking the pish out of members.
    That sort of stuff is better left in the lounge, n'est pas?
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast