Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: What Is Your Christianity?

comdoc
    My Christianity is this and only this:
    Love God above all things
    Love my neighbor as I do myself

The depth of these two statements goes beyond religion, theism, bible and anything else.

Who is my neighbor?
    You are. My cat is. The raccoon in my front yard is. Sadaam, the Ayatola and Idi Amin are. The planet is. Saturn, Proxima Centauri and M83 and their residents are.

Who is God?
    It is an entity, not a person, not a male or a female, more than a being.

Not a majician. Not supernatural. ("Any technology that is sufficiently advanced will appear to be majic.")

Not in heaven in terms of being 100 miles up or 100 light years up. In Heaven in terms of being not just 3 dimensional but residing in a minimum of 4 dimensions. That 4th dimension, not time, but a spacial dimension perpendicular to our known 3. It is it's multidimensionality that gives it it's power. (read Flatland by Edwin A. Abbott)

Not omniscient, or prescient. Otherwise there is no free will. The bible shows this to be true. As it learned more about the psychology of it's creation (us) and as our psychology changed as we grew (homo erectus, homo habilus, homo sapiens) it changed from a shamanic god, a god of vengeance, an old testament god, to a god of loveand grace, a new testament god

Not omnipresent, but able to be anywhere. After all it is multidimensional and thus able to fold space like we can fold paper. (see Flatland)

Not omnipotent, but much more powerful than we will ever be. (until we are resurrected into multidimensional beings/entities)

2. The Drawing Room   -   #102
    No, that does not wash. God being all seeing all knowing could not possibly have made such a mistake. It would make Him allmost human.
    Here, which would you rather have... a bunch of drones that are forced to love you because are making them by not giving them free choice to do what they want OR some (not all) people love you, people that are saying that they are willingly loving you . Personally i don't like the idea of forcing someone to like me - it wouldn't be real and i wouldn't feel good. But, obviously by giving someone the choice to do either right or wrong, not everyone will go the same way on a topic like religion. God decided he'd rather have people willingly choose to do the right thing or not than forcing everyone to be robots. That's not a mistake - that's love - on any given day i would rather have freedom to do what i wanted to right or wrong than be forced to do one thing all the time.

- Strutzy3

3. The Drawing Room   -   #103
    Calvarian2003
    Billy Dean. I only started looking at this board today and already you've proven without a doubt how accurate your 'ranking' is. Don't you have anything better to do than antagonise the beliefs of good people?

And I take offense to your reference to the 'judeo-christian-islamic' faith. Islam is nothing like Judaism or Christianity, and here's why:

http://www.africanaquatics.co.za/_christia...d_the_koran.htm

and,

http://www.africanaquatics.co.za/_christia...%26mohammed.htm

and finally,

http://www.africanaquatics.co.za/_christia...am_peaceful.htm

Be sure to ask if you need more proof, as I would be happy to oblige. There is no shortage of the facts relating to Islam being the most militant, VIOLENT religion in the history of mankind.

I am in awe of the ignorance perpetuated on this forum. And your quiz, whilst interesting, means little since many of the quotes are taken out of context or with no knowledge of their greater meaning.

I thorougly recommend you visit this website and get your facts straight:

www.ucg.org

And as for all the other naysayers, agnostics, atheists and the rest on this forum, it will do all of you good to know that 5/6 of the world population are religious. Given, most of those people believe in fictitious gods, but the point remains that atheists are in the vast MINORITY.

It never ceases to amaze me how atheists immediately lay claim to a sense of superiority over me upon learning of my religious beliefs, even though a great number of them are so poorly informed on the subject or can't even pass a high school chemistry class. Pathetic.

Here is a fantastic quote which every atheist should take heed of:

"In order to make a statement such as 'there is no gold in China', one must know EVERYTHING there is to know about China and its culture, landscape, and people: whether there is gold in any single river, whether any of the millions of people there own one speck of gold jewellery, etc. It is quite nearly impossible to know all these facts; so one cannot reasonably make the assumption that there is no gold in China. However, one can easily make the claim that there IS gold in China. The same thing goes with the existence of God. One must know everything about the universe and it's creation - and believe me, that's a lot of knowledge you must have! To deny the existence of God is to claim, essentially, that YOU are God, and know every single detail of the universe in order to claim that nowhere in the entire universe does God exist."

And considering that most of the atheists I talk to haven't even reached their twenties, just illustrates the disgusting pride and arrogance of such people. In short, 'Billy Dean' if you can't say anything nice, keep your mouth shut. Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit, and your antagonistic bullying is childish to the extreme.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #104
    BANNED
    'Billy Dean' if you can't say anything nice, keep your mouth shut. Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit, and your antagonistic bullying is childish to the extreme.
    Hahaha! Thank you Calvarian, you've made my day, I knew there was someone like you out there somewhere, what took you so long?

And I take offense to your reference to the 'judeo-christian-islamic' faith. Islam is nothing like Judaism or Christianity, and here's why:
    And as for this Ill informed remark, let's see how much support YOU get!

Edit: (For JP) added the question mark.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #105
    Calvarian2003
    Thanks BD. I look forward to proving you wrong in our future discussions. And as for the support of the people on this board, who needs it!

PS I can't imagine what took me so long either. But I just couldn't in my conscience leave this board without defending the underdog (which is clearly Christianity in this case&#33

6. The Drawing Room   -   #106
    BANNED
    Originally posted by Calvarian2003@2 October 2003 - 17:29
    Thanks BD. I look forward to proving you wrong in our future discussions. And as for the support of the people on this board, who needs it!

PS I can't imagine what took me so long either. But I just couldn't in my conscience leave this board without defending the underdog (which is clearly Christianity in this case&#33
    When you point to "hate" sites to defend christianity, you are doing yourself and your faith a disservice.

As an aside, if you are under the misconception that I am about to defend islam, think again, ALL religions are rubbish. The abolition of religion should be the world's number one goal. It's finished, over, it served it's purpose, time to get rid of it! Religion is the cause of most of the conflict and suffering in the world.

This is not to deny someone a "spiritual" life.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #107
    Calvarian2003
    How 'tolerant' of you BD! The Freedom FROM Religion group you posted from sure are worthy of their name. Thank you for proving once and for all that's it atheists like yourself who are the real bigots.

First you criticise the fact that every religion claims to be the only correct one. And you respond, oh so superior, with exactly the same inclination! You see, atheism is itself a belief system. Atheists are attempting to convert to people to their way of thinking, just like the religion. Though I'm sure you'd use the word 'enlighten' wouldn't you BD?

Personally, I don't care which religious 'persuasion' you hail from. The fact that you attack mine is enough for you to have earned my disrespect. In case you hadn't noticed, such freedoms are freedom of religion are built into the constitution of most decent countries.

I was reading from the Israel vs Palestine forum earlier, and the infinity of human stupidity never ceases to amaze me. I shudder to think that the fools that I'm witnessing now may one day run the country I live in. How can you all 'wiping out all religion' or (in the case of one twit on the other forum) 'nuking everyon' solutions?

THANK YOU for revealing what a twisted intolerant individual you are.

P.S. I'm sorry you found those websites to be hateful. The truth hurts, doesn't it? But don't worry, you can always retreat into ignorance when the big bad world gets too much for you, mate.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #108
    Poster
    Originally posted by Calvarian2003@2 October 2003 - 07:56
    Billy Dean. I only started looking at this board today and already you've proven without a doubt how accurate your 'ranking' is. Don't you have anything better to do than antagonise the beliefs of good people?

http://www.africanaquatics.co.za/_christia...d_the_koran.htm

and,

http://www.africanaquatics.co.za/_christia...%26mohammed.htm

and finally,

http://www.africanaquatics.co.za/_christia...am_peaceful.htm

Be sure to ask if you need more proof, as I would be happy to oblige. There is no shortage of the facts relating to Islam being the most militant, VIOLENT religion in the history of mankind.

I am in awe of the ignorance perpetuated on this forum. And your quiz, whilst interesting, means little since many of the quotes are taken out of context or with no knowledge of their greater meaning.

I thorougly recommend you visit this website and get your facts straight:

www.ucg.org

And as for all the other naysayers, agnostics, atheists and the rest on this forum, it will do all of you good to know that 5/6 of the world population are religious. Given, most of those people believe in fictitious gods, but the point remains that atheists are in the vast MINORITY.

It never ceases to amaze me how atheists immediately lay claim to a sense of superiority over me upon learning of my religious beliefs, even though a great number of them are so poorly informed on the subject or can't even pass a high school chemistry class. Pathetic.

Here is a fantastic quote which every atheist should take heed of:

"In order to make a statement such as 'there is no gold in China', one must know EVERYTHING there is to know about China and its culture, landscape, and people: whether there is gold in any single river, whether any of the millions of people there own one speck of gold jewellery, etc. It is quite nearly impossible to know all these facts; so one cannot reasonably make the assumption that there is no gold in China. However, one can easily make the claim that there IS gold in China. The same thing goes with the existence of God. One must know everything about the universe and it's creation - and believe me, that's a lot of knowledge you must have! To deny the existence of God is to claim, essentially, that YOU are God, and know every single detail of the universe in order to claim that nowhere in the entire universe does God exist."

And considering that most of the atheists I talk to haven't even reached their twenties, just illustrates the disgusting pride and arrogance of such people. In short, 'Billy Dean' if you can't say anything nice, keep your mouth shut. Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit, and your antagonistic bullying is childish to the extreme.
    Can you like give me any evidence that Islam is a violent religion?and yes Islam do have some common grounds betwwen judaism and christinity but it is does not support the idea that God can lose to a mere man nor can he lose to anything for that matter nor does islam support the idea of 3 in one or one and one and one equals 1 nor does islam support the idea of jesus as a son of God,but Islam DOES support the idea that God is One (as like Judaism) and that moses and Jesus are God's beloved prophets(judaism and christianity,and it teaches mankind that Islam is the last religion to be sent down by God and that the books of christians and jews have been corrupted,therefore we all worship the same God only some of us has different view about God and His prophets,Islam does not support begetting violence nor does it support any kind of terrorism either to humans or to animals,now please give me any evidence tha Islam(not some of it's followers ) supports violence...

9. The Drawing Room   -   #109
    Calvarian2003
    Originally posted by human_pet@2 October 2003 - 09:19
    Can you like give me any evidence that Islam is a violent religion?and yes Islam do have some common grounds betwwen judaism and christinity but it is does not support the idea that God can lose to a mere man nor can he lose to anything for that matter nor does islam support the idea of 3 in one or one and one and one equals 1 nor does islam support the idea of jesus as a son of God,but Islam DOES support the idea that God is One (as like Judaism) and that moses and Jesus are God's beloved prophets(judaism and christianity,and it teaches mankind that Islam is the last religion to be sent down by God and that the books of christians and jews have been corrupted,therefore we all worship the same God only some of us has different view about God and His prophets,Islam does not support begetting violence nor does it support any kind of terrorism either to humans or to animals,now please give me any evidence tha Islam(not some of it's followers ) supports violence...
    HAHAHAHA! Hang on, let me write a book now. Seriously, I would. If only it weren't for the fact that it's storming now and I don't want my computer to be fried. I read a very good quote recently which sums up my earlier assertions:

There are 3 times as many conflicts occurring in the world today that involve Islam than ALL the other religions of the world COMBINED. Unfortunately, I can't remember at this instant where I read that. Though I'll do my best to find it for you BD.

As for proof, let's look at a few places around the world. The West Bank and Gaza. Kashmir. Chechnya. Nigeria. Somalia... Shall I continue? Everywhere that has a significant Islamic presence is overwhelmed with religious violence. Is it just a coincidence? Hell no!

Not to mention that religious bigotry and persecution suffered in Muslim-majority nations. There are thousands of Christians and others wrongfully imprisoned, tortured, maimed and killed in Islamic countries every year; where's your bleeding heart for them?

Funny that Muslims should enjoy every human right in democratic Western countries; while their dictatorships can't even afford the most basic religious and human rights to others. There are hundreds of mosques across America, but not a single church in Iran. Is that fair? Are you delusional? This is hatred, bigotry!

Woah.... that storm is really getting bad. Tell you what; here's some proof for you:

http://www.persecution.com/

Be sure to have a look at that prisoner list, won't you?

Not to mention all the violent quotes in the Koran about 'jihad' and killing Jews. Not to mention the fact that Islam's prophet had sex with a 9 year old girl. Not to mention that Mohammed's own home city of Mecca had him EXILED and didn't accept Islam at it's inception at all! Not to mention that Islam was spread throughout the Middle East and into Europe by the SWORD. So much for peace & tolerance. And you can say about the Crusades, but that was the Catholic Church. They certainly do not represent all Christians.

Let's get fair. It's time to demolish all mosques, and tell all Muslims to convert, leave, or pay a religious tax for being Muslim. What, undemocratic? Hateful? True, but FAIR!

And I'll catch you next time ~

10. The Drawing Room   -   #110
    Poster
    Originally posted by Calvarian2003+2 October 2003 - 09:41--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Calvarian2003 &#064; 2 October 2003 - 09:41)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-human_pet@2 October 2003 - 09:19
    Can you like give me any evidence that Islam is a violent religion?and yes Islam do have some common grounds betwwen judaism and christinity but it is does not support the idea that God can lose to a mere man nor can he lose to anything for that matter nor does islam support the idea of 3 in one or one and one and one equals 1 nor does islam support the idea of jesus as a son of God,but Islam DOES support the idea that God is One (as like Judaism) and that moses and Jesus are God&#39;s beloved prophets(judaism and christianity,and it teaches mankind that Islam is the last religion to be sent down by God and that the books of christians and jews have been corrupted,therefore we all worship the same God only some of us has different view about God and His prophets,Islam does not support begetting violence nor does it support any kind of terrorism either to humans or to animals,now please give me any evidence tha Islam(not some of it&#39;s followers ) supports violence...
    HAHAHAHA&#33; Hang on, let me write a book now. Seriously, I would. If only it weren&#39;t for the fact that it&#39;s storming now and I don&#39;t want my computer to be fried. I read a very good quote recently which sums up my earlier assertions:

There are 3 times as many conflicts occurring in the world today that involve Islam than ALL the other religions of the world COMBINED. Unfortunately, I can&#39;t remember at this instant where I read that. Though I&#39;ll do my best to find it for you BD.

As for proof, let&#39;s look at a few places around the world. The West Bank and Gaza. Kashmir. Chechnya. Nigeria. Somalia... Shall I continue? Everywhere that has a significant Islamic presence is overwhelmed with religious violence. Is it just a coincidence? Hell no&#33;

Not to mention that religious bigotry and persecution suffered in Muslim-majority nations. There are thousands of Christians and others wrongfully imprisoned, tortured, maimed and killed in Islamic countries every year; where&#39;s your bleeding heart for them?

Funny that Muslims should enjoy every human right in democratic Western countries; while their dictatorships can&#39;t even afford the most basic religious and human rights to others. There are hundreds of mosques across America, but not a single church in Iran. Is that fair? Are you delusional? This is hatred, bigotry&#33;

Woah.... that storm is really getting bad. Tell you what; here&#39;s some proof for you:

http://www.persecution.com/

Be sure to have a look at that prisoner list, won&#39;t you?

Not to mention all the violent quotes in the Koran about &#39;jihad&#39; and killing Jews. Not to mention the fact that Islam&#39;s prophet had sex with a 9 year old girl. Not to mention that Mohammed&#39;s own home city of Mecca had him EXILED and didn&#39;t accept Islam at it&#39;s inception at all&#33; Not to mention that Islam was spread throughout the Middle East and into Europe by the SWORD. So much for peace & tolerance. And you can say about the Crusades, but that was the Catholic Church. They certainly do not represent all Christians.

Let&#39;s get fair. It&#39;s time to demolish all mosques, and tell all Muslims to convert, leave, or pay a religious tax for being Muslim. What, undemocratic? Hateful? True, but FAIR&#33;

And I&#39;ll catch you next time ~ [/b][/quote]
    But what did Islam Do?Most of your claims are that of which a Msulim did ,Islam did&#39;nt tell him/her to do it you know,and about the verse...,those were a time of war and those were when Jews were fighting muslims,but the verses cannot support the killing of innocent jews or any human,jihad,Allah calls for Jihad because at that time muslims were suffering,Jihad is a call for defending rights,but Jihad HAS to be a last resort one must try EVERY peaceful resolution first to try and stop them,If other means fails then it is ok for a jihad but it must be followed under certain rulz and that is: one should not kill the villagers/citizens,the one who is in a place of worship or a sanctuary(of course,they must not attack us),the weak,the old the wounded ,the women and man who are unarmed and one must not destroy any plants,animals and land if one can help it.that is True Islam for you..Oh yes Islam was spread by the Sword,it is Sharp Sword of Truth,Justice and happiness

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast