Page 18 of 75 FirstFirst ... 8151617181920212868 ... LastLast

Thread: Critically Evaluate the last movie you saw.

I watched latest movie Agneepath, and I felt the action play of hrithik roshan is awesome.

2. Movies & TV   -   #172
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by 12vinod34 View Post
    I watched latest movie Agneepath, and I felt the action play of hrithik roshan is awesome.
    I miss the time when I actually knew the reason that people were banned.

The Cabin in the Woods

The film certainly has Joss Whedon's footprints all over it .Anyone familiar with his work will see similarities if not outright theft of story elements from Buffy ,Angel and Dollhouse( probably Firefly too if you look closely) .Also a few familiar faces in parts both large and small.
    Anyway after the initial setup the pace rarely lags with some good if ,this being a deconstruction, predictable scares and more gore than you'd except.The best part at least for me, as in most Whedon stuff was the humour ,some admittedly very dark and the fact though a deconstruction it also plays like an homage with none of the irritating "look I'm all grown up and cool now and smarter than that" of the Scream films.

All in all a good movie if the ending left me flat which may be why the film apparently sat on the shelf for 3 years before finally getting a release.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 04-14-2012 at 02:57 PM.
    Respect my lack of authority.

3. Movies & TV   -   #173
    Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 12vinod34 View Post
    I miss the time when I actually knew the reason that people were banned.
    Quote Originally Posted by 12vinod34
    Transforms the dark moon.............
    You mean apart from being a mentally retarded spammer? Any user with multiple numbers in their username is randomly generating it anyway so it becomes obvious they are hiding something, scamming, cheating, selling, it doesn't really matter they are all obvious cunts.

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

4. Movies & TV   -   #174
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
    Any user with multiple numbers in their username is randomly generating it anyway so it becomes obvious they are hiding something, scamming, cheating, selling, it doesn't really matter they are all obvious cunts.
    Okay I buy the obvious cunt part but honestly it wasn't randomly generated and I'm not really hiding anything.

Sincerely IdolEyes787

5. Movies & TV   -   #175
    "Entrapment (1999)"

Catherine Zeta Jones is amazing

6. Movies & TV   -   #176
    Quote Originally Posted by lol2 View Post
    "Entrapment (1999)"

Catherine Zeta Jones is amazing
    Registered a couple of weeks ago .Inactive until today then a sudden influx of spammish posts.I wonder where this it going? Attachment 107964

7. Movies & TV   -   #177
    chalice's Avatar ____________________
    Michael Collins (1996)

I liked the bit where all the Englishmen and protestants got killed, but it was ultimately disappointing in its historical inaccuracy in that there was no mention whatsoever of him going to the moon. Probably because the information was suppressed by the Englishmen at NASA who made sure he never left the module in case he tried to claim it for Ireland.

8. Movies & TV   -   #178
    Quote Originally Posted by chavis View Post
    Michael Collins (1996)

I liked the bit where all the Englishmen and protestants got killed, but it was ultimately disappointing in its historical inaccuracy in that there was no mention whatsoever of him going to the moon. Probably because the information was suppressed by the Englishmen at NASA who made sure he never left the module in case he tried to claim it for Ireland.
    Not nearly as satisfying as Tom Collins.

Angel Eyes . Coming out around the time of The Sense Sense tries and fails to play into that kind of otherworldly vibe. In the end nothing but a weird love story though ,the kind of which while you are watching the whole time you are also asking yourself "why am I watching this"?
    Anyway the stupidity did nothing to diminish my man love for Jim Caviezel ,so including Clive Owen and Timothy Olyphant that now makes 3 guys I would officially bromance.

9. Movies & TV   -   #179
    Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    I REALLY liked Timothy Olyphant in High Life, maybe not the best film, but he was brilliant in it. It takes a great deal of talent take what is basically an objectionable character and create empathy and have the audience feel warmth and engagement with that character. The movie also had a basic storyline based over four days with a series of hapless events.
    Not sure about the bromance but great list none the list.
    Last edited by Artemis; 04-17-2012 at 07:40 AM.

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

10. Movies & TV   -   #180
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
    I REALLY liked Timothy Olyphant in High Life, maybe not the best film, but he was brilliant in it. It takes a great deal of talent take what is basically an objectionable character and create empathy and have the audience feel warmth and engagement with that character. The movie also had a basic storyline based over four days with a series of hapless events.
    Not sure about the bromance but great list none the list.
    Thing about Olyphant is that he shifts so easily between hero and villain and so you never know exactly where his characters are heading.That fact was used effectively in The Perfect Getaway ,a so-so movie but one that (for me) held an actual surprise.
    After the "twist" he never skipped a beat and you bought him either way.

Warrior
    Who'd have thunk it, a sensitive ,deliberately paced movie about guys beating the living crap out of each other.
    Perfectly cast,beautifully acted,expertly directed, the film really doesn't hit a false note making all the hokiness somehow seem unhokey.Yes the story is paper-thin but in this case so compelling it doesn't really make a difference.
    My only complaint is that the very end could have benefited from a little more exposition or an epilogue to make it more crowd pleasing.The only reason that I can think of that the movie didn't do Rocky kind of numbers at the box office.

Btw I'm no fan of MMA but I was thoroughly engrossed by this movie.If you haven't already watched it you probably should.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 04-17-2012 at 04:30 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost