Page 270 of 545 FirstFirst ... 170220260267268269270271272273280320370 ... LastLast
Results 2,691 to 2,700 of 5447

Thread: Last one to post wins the internets (archived)

chalice's Avatar ____________________
    Quote Originally Posted by manker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by chavis View Post

There was some mild controversy a few years ago*, the lounge being swarmed with mong-a-longs posting those threads to pad their post counts. The lounge resembled the BT section briefly, until JP objected. Some modulating monkey came up with the idea of disabling post count in the lounge, and this was implemented, albeit for about five internets seconds (three or four generations in real life terms). Legitimate lounge bastards didn't see why their posts shouldn't be counted as they found word games the domain of dicks and Boab, and after much harrumphing, lounge post count was reinstated to muffled applause. Word games was relegated to a blasted subsection and everyone went about their business, not quite sure if they'd dreamt the whole debacle.

*Subject to dream.
    I was around at the time and obviously didn't want to be left with about six posts if all of a sudden lounge posts didn't count - so I did cause a fuss and a bother about it, as did others, and wondered what changed the mods mind.

It was only recently after I read Team Chat that I found out that tesco was the true hero of the piece; 'A post is a post, it's stupid to turn it off in the lounge'.
    It brings a tear to the eye: Canadian lol-boy made-good
    I was hugely prolific during that period, belting out an unlikely 47,000 fantastic posts, making me in and around the most wonderful thing ever to grace this wank pit.

But I'm not bitter.

2. Lounge   -   #2692
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by tesco View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Something Else View Post
    I jailbroke my iPhone last night. I don't get why it's good. All the tweaks are unstable and/or look unprofessional. Can I do something awesome with it now.
    I agree. I've found nothing worthwhile in cydia apart from a gameboy emulator (which was what I originally jailbroke it for).
    I'm now over that and considering unjailbreaking (jailfixing?) it
    Used to be, people did it for one of three things. Either geocaching, unlocking an operator lock, or for changing the GUI.

Fucknose what else is good. When we did it to my sister's iphone (to unlock it), I just looked at files and shit. Looked to be some sort of debian derivative in there in cydian.

Tethered jailbrakes suck bawls, however. Avoid.
    Last edited by Snee; 05-28-2012 at 10:46 PM.

3. Lounge   -   #2693
    manker's Avatar effendi
    I was around at the time and obviously didn't want to be left with about six posts if all of a sudden lounge posts didn't count - so I did cause a fuss and a bother about it, as did others, and wondered what changed the mods mind.

It was only recently after I read Team Chat that I found out that tesco was the true hero of the piece; 'A post is a post, it's stupid to turn it off in the lounge'.
    It brings a tear to the eye: Canadian lol-boy made-good
    I was hugely prolific during that period, belting out an unlikely 47,000 fantastic posts, making me in and around the most wonderful thing ever to grace this wank pit.

But I'm not bitter.
    I'm going to do an Arty and explain that when tesco turned the post count back on, all posts we'd made in the interim period of them not counting, suddenly counted.
    This is a necessary deviation from my usual posting style as my internets ego can't stomach the off chance of someone thinking that someone made more posts than me

And also; tesco's like Bo, if you talk about him, he appears. We shall have to do this more often.
    Especially when something needs fixing
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

4. Lounge   -   #2694
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by Snee
    Looked to be some sort of debian derivative in there in cydian.

I'm simply not accepting that your sentence makes any kind of sense.
    Even in Japan.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

5. Lounge   -   #2695
    So, what the fuck happened to my 47,000 fantastics posts, then? Do you think I should report it?

6. Lounge   -   #2696
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Quote Originally Posted by Snee View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tesco View Post
    I agree. I've found nothing worthwhile in cydia apart from a gameboy emulator (which was what I originally jailbroke it for).
    I'm now over that and considering unjailbreaking (jailfixing?) it
    Used to be, people did it for one of three things. Either geocaching, unlocking an operator lock, or for changing the GUI.

Fucknose what else is good. When we did it to my sister's iphone (to unlock it), I just looked at files and shit. Looked to be some sort of debian derivative in there in cydian.

Tethered jailbrakes suck bawls, however. Avoid.
    Oh right changing the GUI is good too, apart from the fact that the phone slows to a crawl as soon as I enable any of the styles or tweaks.

7. Lounge   -   #2697
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Is it possible to re-jail an iPhone?

8. Lounge   -   #2698
    manker's Avatar effendi
    So, what the fuck happened to my 47,000 fantastics posts, then? Do you think I should report it?
    Rumour has it that Rat Faced and NikkiD distributed them equally amongst the intellectually starving.

Sure, they were grateful at first and treated as forumular equals - but then came the problem of feeding their addiction to witty repartee and cognisant badinage.
    The bleeding heart mod duo soon realised that they'd created an insatiable hydra whose mouths would forever remain empty.

Unfortunately it resulted in them both leaving the board forever.
    But at least they took Jonno with them.

9. Lounge   -   #2699
    Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    Is it possible to re-jail an iPhone?
    Yeppers, simply reconnect it to iTunes and check for an iOS update, and Apple will merrily break your jailbreak for you. Google don't give a flying fuck if you SU your phone, I've upgraded my OS two times and the hack is intact.

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

10. Lounge   -   #2700
    Rumour has it that Rat Faced and NikkiD distributed them equally amongst the intellectually starving.

Sure, they were grateful at first and treated as forumular equals - but then came the problem of feeding their addiction to witty repartee and cognisant badinage.
    The bleeding heart mod duo soon realised that they'd created an insatiable hydra whose mouths would forever remain empty.

Unfortunately it resulted in them both leaving the board forever.
    But at least they took Jonno with them.
    Noice. What a bunch of cunts.