View Poll Results: are u comfortable that mods at trackers are mods here?

Voters
182. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

71 39.01%
  • No

88 48.35%
  • well,mmmm i am not really sure

23 12.64%
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Mods, spying and security

sear's Avatar Feeling Clamy BT Rep: +3
    I was going to stay out of this but decided I couldn't hold back.

The Comm reps are a great addition to this forum. They help people, give out invites and generally make things here more interesting. The only people that have something to fear are the traders, and from what I understand they already have a private place they can do that so what's the problem?

It's the invites section ffs not the trading section. Trading and invite giving are allowed because it's going to happen anyway whether it is here or elsewhere. You'll notice that some trackers that have deals with the staff aren't allowed to be traded here end of story. The Comm reps aren't spying, if your really worried there are other forums where you can trade/giveaway invites, so this is really a non-discussion.

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    SAM's Avatar Fst philosopher BT Rep: +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50
    if this is true then fst shouldn't allowed trading but in fact trading is allowed here .
    and right traders have their private place but how can it be private ?
    the answer is simple
    when the tracker admins and their mods not allowed in the invite's section
    then it will be private
    they can do their job in the bit torrent section
    and by the way how many members here get a chance and win in their giveaways and how many members here get invites from tracker admins
    only ftn admin and nb admin who made giveaways in the last couple months
    60 days ... two giveaways.....6 invites
    how many accounts got banned ............. hundreds
    i know you are anti-trader sear and i don't like trading too
    but it's about what's wrong and what's right
    this bit invite section is for fst members not trackers' admins not trackers' mods
    and by the way
    it's invite section not invite's giveaway section

For Serving Community

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    muyoso's Avatar The Avatar Stays.
    No, a lot of mods ban people for giving invites out. This isnt simply a trading thing. Giving an invite out to someone is just as bad to many trackers as trading an account.

Anyone who has an association with a torrent site should either be banned from the invite section or have their activity on this site closely watched. If this is a community for sharing files, and there is an active group in this community that is trying to stop the free spread of files, then that group should be taken care of. I understand that they only want the best people on their site. Then again, they dont take ANY of that into consideration when they go on a banning spree and ban an entire invite tree of people.

It is a GIANT conflict of interests to have both a trading forum, which is what the "Bittorrent Invite" section basically is, and a group of people hell bent on finding traders and banning them from sites.

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    SAM's Avatar Fst philosopher BT Rep: +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50
    well, i have to clear something out though
    trackers admins and their mods can be here no problem with that
    in fact some of them are helpful and very nice
    but the invite section is for fst members only
    i think my point is clear now

For Serving Community

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    sear's Avatar Feeling Clamy BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by SAM View Post
    if this is true then fst shouldn't allowed trading but in fact trading is allowed here .
    and right traders have their private place but how can it be private ? the answer is simple
    when the tracker admins and their mods not allowed in the invite's section then it will be private
    It's not a private section the whole internet can have access after a month. If your so worried think about it like this the comm reps are here in the open, not lurking around the corner hiding waiting for you to trade which is what will happen if they where kicked out. Besides there are other more private places for trading than the BT Invites section if you don't feel safe well...

they can do their job in the bit torrent section
    They're not here to do a job many have been members for a long time. They may represent their trackers but the last thing they're here for is work.

and by the way how many members here get a chance and win in their giveaways and how many members here get invites from tracker admins only ftn admin and nb admin who made giveaways in the last couple months 60 days ... two giveaways.....6 invites how many accounts got banned ............. hundreds
    what do you want them to do become public, or let in every fst member (basically public)

i know you are anti-trader sear and i don't like trading too but it's about what's wrong and what's right this bit invite section is for fst members not trackers' admins not trackers' mods and by the way it's invite section not invite's giveaway section
    They are members too m8 not worker bees here to service the help desk, they've just been awarded a special status to let us know who they are. In the end they'll be here any way there is no keeping them out.

One final word I'm sorry to have gotten caught up in this useless argument. The FST staff aren't going to do away with the Comm Reps so it's all a moot point.

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    Just out of curiosity, what make you a FST member and others NOT?

7. BitTorrent   -   #37
    Defy's Avatar Be Kind BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    So... I just came to think of this. Mods for other tracker sites that have been regulating (aka banning accounts) using the FST boards claim that "invites" should only be given to friends. What if you build a friendship with someone on these boards (and most likely they're from another country) and decide to give them an invite to one of your sites. Is this legal in the mods eyes just as long as it's not publicly announced (i.e. in giveaways, etc.)?

Then again I suppose a giveaway wouldn't really *be* given to friends, but what if one of your new found buddies posts asking for soandso invite since they see you have it?

Just food for thought.

8. BitTorrent   -   #38
    it's a moot point so we just shut up
    look if they here cause they are old members and good members so how come they ban their fellow members... looks bad
    and if they not here for work how come they ban their trackers members... isn't this work
    no one said they spies no one said they are bad
    but trading is allowed here and they banned fst members that follow the rules of fst
    so how come that the members that followed the rules of the forum get banned by other members of the same forum........ironic
    having trackers admins or mods don't bother me or worried me
    all my invites and trackers i got from fst members here not from admins or mods
    but i think fst should protect their members from getting harm and getting banned from trackers right

Quote Originally Posted by seppypom View Post
    Just out of curiosity, what make you a FST member and others NOT?
    let's face it
    you are a member here and a tracker admin
    doesn't that conflict with your actions as a members here
    i won't blame you for banning members who trading invites
    but you see it and i see it
    many people here get banned not for trading
    some get banned here for just giving away invites
    like people who giving away tl invites
    and you are a member here so how come you ban your fellow member who goes with book and obey your fst rules
    does this look right to you.
    Last edited by SAM; 09-04-2007 at 02:03 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

For Serving Community

9. BitTorrent   -   #39
    AugustoP's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by muyoso View Post
    No, a lot of mods ban people for giving invites out. This isnt simply a trading thing. Giving an invite out to someone is just as bad to many trackers as trading an account.

Anyone who has an association with a torrent site should either be banned from the invite section or have their activity on this site closely watched. If this is a community for sharing files, and there is an active group in this community that is trying to stop the free spread of files, then that group should be taken care of. I understand that they only want the best people on their site. Then again, they dont take ANY of that into consideration when they go on a banning spree and ban an entire invite tree of people.

It is a GIANT conflict of interests to have both a trading forum, which is what the "Bittorrent Invite" section basically is, and a group of people hell bent on finding traders and banning them from sites.
    Please tell me how do you intend to disable accounts of community represantatives here?
    Btw, there's no confict of interests here. Such conflict could arise if a person is both a moderator here and a moderator at the tracker.

@SAM
    Regular FST users don't have to follow a certain code of conduct, so there're no contradicting intentions here. Comm reps don't have obligations to all FST users, they have obligations only to good (whatever it could mean) users of their trackers.
    Last edited by AugustoP; 09-04-2007 at 02:57 AM.

10. BitTorrent   -   #40
    no
    the conflict is the same mod here or not
    still he can ban you from his tracker anyway only because you trade ignoring the fact it's ok to trade according to fst rules
    so he is against fst rules and don't like them
    so he doesn't accept the forum rules that he has to agree with in order to register
    so how come he is still a member in a forum he doesn't like its rules and he works against it and against its members .
    and about the mods here all of them are fine , i never saw any mod here ban a member cause he traded invites regarding his tracker
    in fact i think they understand
    most of the bit torrent section mods were traders so they understand
    and they never ever will harm any fst member in any way
    that's why rossco and reality picked them in the first place
    and the other mods are very helpful look at skizo, barbarosa, lynx
    hell, i mocked barbarosa avtar for two days and nothing he did in fact he helped me more
    you saw brandon giveaway
    who helped in this giveaway ; skizo
    he didn't sleep till it finished
    and he kept brandon from closing the thread many times
    brandon and his temper
    and we have patriot for ever and tarlala i think and the rest
    really helpful people
    and chwie, good man helped me alot and cheer me up and stand besides me
    by the way, we have to save chwie
    so our mods even if they are trackers admins they nenver harm us in any way
    we are talking here about members who are not fst staff .

For Serving Community

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast