Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

Thread: A question to the ScT staff leader Feeling

Before I had several issues and was away from the BT scene for about 9 months I was a member of a few of the so called 1337 sites and was on them b4 I even joined here or any sort of site like here, in fact at the time I was mostly using the sites that you are saying should be closed down, lot of the members on those so called sites you want to close down dont use places like here probably only a member of a few of those sorts of trackers and do not require anything else so why should they close?
    http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b36/Duckster666/DUCK.png
    Not looking for anything
    There are 10 kinds of people who know binary. Those who do, and those who don't.

2. BitTorrent   -   #52
    OlegL's Avatar Poster
    Okay, please close this thread because I was able to get what I wanted! It looks like I can't close it myself using the thread tools, even though someone here said the "thread tools" gives you the option of closing a thread.

3. BitTorrent   -   #53
    hotshot6473's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    You should be starting at either IPT, TL, PTM, RevTT or TB. That is plenty to choose from and all easily got.

Next start being active at either FST, TPS or TR and make friends/ good posts.

Next use proofs from those starter sites for something like What.cd and Waffles.

Finally build up your ratio on the sites by uploading 0day and new music in order to be promoted to poweruser. Go to the poweruser forums to take advantage of all they have to offer.

4. BitTorrent   -   #54
    OlegL's Avatar Poster
    There is no point in keeping this thread open because I was invited to ScT after requesting an invite on a private tracker forum. Please close it.

5. BitTorrent   -   #55
    kallieb's Avatar Spamaholic BT Rep: +4
    Sorry m8, the balloon appears to have left the ground in so far as this thread. Interesting convo though, you have to grant it that

Congrats on your invite. Do post back in a few months time and tell us if it's all what you thought it was, and if you really are happy with what you found. Cheers
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

6. BitTorrent   -   #56
    Quote Originally Posted by hotshot6473 View Post
    You should be starting at either IPT, TL, PTM, RevTT or TB. That is plenty to choose from and all easily got.

Next use proofs from those starter sites for something like What.cd and Waffles.

Finally build up your ratio on the sites by uploading 0day and new music in order to be promoted to poweruser. Go to the poweruser forums to take advantage of all they have to offer.
    1: You saying we should close down our tracker that is about 75% 0day stuff?

2: Do you realise how many trackers there are about that have over say 4,000 members?
    I will admit some of those members will be on a few of the smaller trackers.

I also feel you have not looked at the smaller/lesser known trackers and if you did you would realise how much need there is for them
    Not looking for anything
    There are 10 kinds of people who know binary. Those who do, and those who don't.

7. BitTorrent   -   #57
    OlegL's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by kallieb View Post

Congrats on your invite. Do post back in a few months time and tell us if it's all what you thought it was, and if you really are happy with what you found. Cheers
    Thanks. Yes, in a few months, I will describe my experience there.

8. BitTorrent   -   #58
    hotshot6473's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckater View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hotshot6473 View Post

1: You saying we should close down our tracker that is about 75% 0day stuff?

2: Do you realise how many trackers there are about that have over say 4,000 members?
    I will admit some of those members will be on a few of the smaller trackers.

I also feel you have not looked at the smaller/lesser known trackers and if you did you would realise how much need there is for them
    Well I don;t know anything about your tracker. But if it is a 0day site and not really anything else then I don;t see the point as said before. If it is more specialized and has a focus then I am all for it. A site with a purpose and focus is somthing I always respect because certain people will fit in there and possibly create a good community.

However if it is a site trying to be another TL or SCT with no access to fast pre times then yes I think it should just go away.

9. BitTorrent   -   #59
    kallieb's Avatar Spamaholic BT Rep: +4
    pre-times.. pre-times... i want to slit my wrists.

What is the big deal, seriously. Can someone answer that. I ask not to be a jerk. I have never quite figured out the appeal of pre-times and why it matters that one site is a minute faster than another ergo its a better site.

sorry to hijack the thread, but I've heard pre-times lauded so many times, and I just don't get it???
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

10. BitTorrent   -   #60
    25% is mma with over a 1000 snatches on aff's release of ufc 103
    Our pre times aint bad and no we not get a lot of our stuff from other torrent sites
    But I do think you should at least visit some of the smaller sites and see the community spirit they have as well as some of the non scene stuff they upload even if it is only a small percentage of there uploads before making comments that they should be closed as no need, when there is a real need which by visiting a few and spending some time you will see what I mean

No offence ment m8 but how can you comment that sites that are nearly all 0day stuff should close when ones I go on are more of a community (and that applies to 90+%) of the smaller lesser known site. There is a real need for them on that fromt
    Not looking for anything

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast