Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Kids refusing to stand for the pledge of allegiance.

惡魔的提倡者
    Quote Originally Posted by 999969999 View Post

To be honest, it sounds like he didn't have control over his classroom, so I would have to say that he is probably a bad teacher.

Based upon student performance in this case, he was unable to get them to do the assignment, he probably should be fired. Part of a teacher's responsibility is to have a good rapport with students so he can motivate them to actually do their assignments. He obviously lacked that. He should probably find another field of employment because he not good at his job.

But that still does not excuse what the students did.
    You think a teachers job is to raise the children? You think they should be spending time teaching basic behavior? This alleged incident wasn't even a kindergarten class, the students were supposed to be mature enough to be able to act responsibly enough to be able to learn.

So now that I have answered your question, answer mine.
    Your answer was in my question. The students are to blame for their behavior, not the teacher. You admitted in another thread that you didn't do well enough in high school to get an academic scholarship, is that the fault of your teachers or your fault for not studying hard enough?

Just to be clear on my views on education.

There probably are a few bad teachers, but the vast majority of problems are due to parents expecting schools to raise their children for them, teach behavior etc. and not taking an interest in the kids at home. Our kids were reading at second grade level before they started kindergarten. Many of the children in their classes couldn't even spell their own names when they started kindergarten.

The schools are not failing the children. The parents and children are failing the schools.

When I was a kid I was told "We do these things not because they're easy, but because they're hard"

Now all I hear is " I won't do anything unless there's something in it for me"

2. The Drawing Room   -   #22
    惡魔的提倡者
    http://financialaid.uoregon.edu/1011_cost_of_attendance

"Resident Tuition and Fees Based on enrollment of 15 credits per term (45 credits per year) $8,190
    Nonresident / International Tuition and Fees Based on enrollment of 15 credits per term (45 credits per year) $25,830
    Does not reflect Programmatic Fees or the $300 Matriculation Fee for incoming students

On-Campus Housing Standard Double Occupancy Room, with Standard Meal Plan $9,144
    Off-Campus Housing Monthly: Rent $496, Food $380, Utilities $140 $9,144

Books and Supplies Cost varies depending on requirements for enrolled courses $1,050

Personal Expenses Cost varies depending on personal spending habits $2,412
    "Personal Expenses" represents typical expenses that a student may incur in the course of day to day living: local transportation, clothing, personal items, laundry, going to a movie, or buying a pizza. It is provided for personal planning purposes only and does not represent a direct cost of attending the University.

Total Cost of Attendance (Resident) $20,796
    Total Cost of Attendance (Nonresident) $38,436 "

So, let me see if I understand you. If someone offered you about $38,000 per year you would turn it down and walk away from it?

Even if I worked full-time at an entry level job, there is no way I could afford to attend the University of Oregon from my wages alone. And when would I find the time to attend my classes and study? Accounting is not rocket science, I'll admit that, but it will still probably require some study time. My family makes too much money to qualify for government sources of financial aid (Pell Grants, etc.). The only other option would be to take out student loans to pay it. Does that sound like a good idea to you?

whambulance.jpg

Welcome to the real world boy. You already know I paid my own way in life. Thousands of students do so each year. What do you think that says about you?

The point child is that at your age you shouldn't still need a wet nurse. Shit you don't even intend to pay the money back.
    When I was a kid I was told "We do these things not because they're easy, but because they're hard"

Now all I hear is " I won't do anything unless there's something in it for me"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123