Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Reel wars

Hello guys. Does anyone remember this show called Reel Wars ?
    It's like survivor, but for fisherman. 2 guys are outfitted w/ backpacks and rod and then they get to choose a variety of other gear based on points. They get 20 points to spend, so a tent is like 5pts, extra bait 2 pts, etc.
    Well you mostly see these guys fish and grumble about being hungry (oh, yeah - they can only eat what they catch).

Does anyone have any idea where this can be watched/downloaded ? It was like 5 episodes, aired around 2002 on Discovery channel.
    (Sorry if this is the wrong section)
    Why do two colors, put one next to the other, sing? Can one really explain this?

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Well, I exhausted my normal sources- first Wikipedia (which has no listing for the show) and then demonoid (ditto).

I suspect you might be hallucinating because I can't imagine a scenario that would entice me into watching people fish.
    Unless the fish were armed.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    manker's Avatar effendi
    A reality show I might actually enjoy

Unfortunately I couldn't find it anywhere. It wasn't listed on tvtorrents and there weren't that many references even to people talking about it on google.
    If you find it, post it here, though, if you wouldn't mind.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    Both TVRage and the TVDB came up zip on a search for 'Reel Wars', there was no show found and since TVDB in particular is an XML Database you can't really screw it up with a name query. The nearest possible and only fishy hit was Whale Wars. Are you sure this is the name of the show and also, what network/year did it premiere?

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
    Are you sure this is the name of the show and also, what network/year did it premiere?
    See first post.
    Stop asking stupid questions.
    Learn to use Google. http://www.locatetv.com/tv/reel-wars/1861096
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 07-21-2012 at 12:46 PM.
    Respect my lack of authority.

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Since we're on about fishing shows; there's one I particularly like.
    It's called Extreme Fishing with Robson Green.

Now, it's not really 'extreme' fishing. It's just fishing. But each week he goes somewhere you wouldn't think of to fish and has a kind of competition against a local fisherman. They can rarely speak English but almost always pwn Mr. Green. He's quite a funny, emotional and self-deprecating chap who happens to adore fishing and really seems to be living his particular dream by making this series.

He is kindof famous in the UK amongst housewives for being a TV actor and singer of crappy covers from the before time.
    I didn't think I'd like him, but I do.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    Thanks for clearing that up for me while I was away Idol.

@manker yeah, used to watch that one too but it's not as good as the one I mentioned earlier. It used to be on tv when I was younger and when internet was rather a privilege. Tried on Demonoid too, couldn't find it, that's why I came here. I read on the internets that it has re-runs but don't really know for sure where or when. An example : http://www.fishingtalkireland.com/fo...11355&p=101680
    Maybe someone around here has the chance to get a TV rip or something, just an idea.
    Why do two colors, put one next to the other, sing? Can one really explain this?

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
    Are you sure this is the name of the show and also, what network/year did it premiere?
    See first post.
    Stop asking stupid questions.
    Learn to use Google. http://www.locatetv.com/tv/reel-wars/1861096
    Thanks for that, skimmed the first post but bothered to search two fairly reliable sources before I came back with this query, TVRage being the largest TVSite and TVDB being an XML database of TV shows, neither listed Reel Wars. But fuck you very much for your helpful input, I will afford you the same courtesy.

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Quote Originally Posted by manker View Post
    Since we're on about fishing shows; there's one I particularly like.
    It's called Extreme Fishing with Robson Green.

Now, it's not really 'extreme' fishing. It's just fishing. But each week he goes somewhere you wouldn't think of to fish and has a kind of competition against a local fisherman. They can rarely speak English but almost always pwn Mr. Green. He's quite a funny, emotional and self-deprecating chap who happens to adore fishing and really seems to be living his particular dream by making this series.

He is kindof famous in the UK amongst housewives for being a TV actor and singer of crappy covers from the before time.
    I didn't think I'd like him, but I do.
    My takeaway here is that given a suitably charismatic host, you'd watch a show about anything.

This makes you the sweet gooey center of the target demographic for my reality entry...Extreme! Coma War(d)s.
    We'll be pitting long term vegetative state patients against each other in a variety of wacky challenges and crafting season long personal story arcs following the personal sacrifices and romantic entanglements of the comatose contestants.
    Production costs are remarkably low and the series is available at quite attractive rates, production values were specifically tailored to fit the TLC/History channel templates.
    Look for it soon on heavy rotation and be sure to visit our website for exciting branded swag.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

10. Movies & TV   -   #10
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by clocker
    My takeaway here is that given a suitably charismatic host, you'd watch a show about anything.
    Yeah it does read a bit like that but couldn't be further from the truth.
    I think that's the only British show I watch regularly - and I do love fishing. I'd watch a fishing show over anything except trashy vampire based American drama and live sport.

I'd maybe watch the coma show, though, if you polish your pitch and get it so that the relatives of the coma victim are more involved. I'd nominate any family member of mine that was in a coma.
    It would make visiting more endurable because, really, that must suck hard. You can't even get a proper reception in most of the hospitals around here so my smart phone would be useless.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast