Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast

Thread: What new show are you watching and enjoying?

shaina's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Forgive me for being neither drunk or desperate enough to want to sleep with the fat chick.Feel free to wallow in those fat folds if you lesser standards though.

Daredevil truly is terrible though and not in a good awful way like Meg's posts.
    Here you go Sheldon Cooper (he is Queer in real life) I will take your bait.....

It was terrible compared to What Other TV Marvel Series?? Arrow is now exempt!!

And did you actually watch it , or fast forward it and try to read there lips??
    Last edited by shaina; 04-13-2015 at 01:33 AM.

2. Movies & TV   -   #62
    New season of game of thrones

3. Movies & TV   -   #63
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    I still have hopes for Daredevil going in to the 4th episode. So far, it is not as bad as Idol says. I've stuck with Arrow, so I guess that invalidates my opinion.
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

4. Movies & TV   -   #64
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by shaina View Post
    Here you go Sheldon Cooper (he is Queer in real life) I will take your bait.....

Arrow is based on a DC comic "Green Arrow.The only Marvel TV adaptions are the abysmal Agents of Shield and low rated Agent Carter, although Hayley Atwell did a good job in that one.So obviously sexism still lives and irony or something.

Daredevil to be entirely truthful isn't "terrible' only poor.Besides the terrible writing it has the same flaw as the aforementioned Arrow.It's a superhero series where the superhero is almost peripheral to the story and instead we get a bunch of uninteresting secondary characters being reasonshipy and whiny.
    I understand why they did this with Arrow as being on the CW and as such catering to teenage girls that's basically their bread and butter but I would have thought better from Netflix.

To state this more simplistically,do you think superhero comic books would have ever caught on if Spider Man was only in five percent of the frames and the rest of the time was spent on Mary Jane menstruating?
    Respect my lack of authority.

5. Movies & TV   -   #65
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    To state this more simplistically,do you think superhero comic books would have ever caught on if Spider Man was only in five percent of the frames and the rest of the time was spent on Mary Jane menstruating?
    Parker would've sensed that coming and gotten clear of the danger.
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

6. Movies & TV   -   #66
    shaina's Avatar Poster

Arrow is based on a DC comic "Green Arrow.The only Marvel TV adaptions are the abysmal Agents of Shield and low rated Agent Carter, although Hayley Atwell did a good job in that one.So obviously sexism still lives and irony or something.

Daredevil to be entirely truthful isn't "terrible' only poor.Besides the terrible writing it has the same flaw as the aforementioned Arrow.It's a superhero series where the superhero is almost peripheral to the story and instead we get a bunch of uninteresting secondary characters being reasonshipy and whiny.
    I understand why they did this with Arrow as being on the CW and as such catering to teenage girls that's basically their bread and butter but I would have thought better from Netflix.

To be honest I haven't watched it yet , it is on my list but I haven't gotten to it yet , but here is my sons perspective of it...

-Daredevil characters are believable and likeable
    -Arrow is overdramatized , it is bare different from a poorly written soap opera
    -Daredevil fighting co-ordination is much less cheesy and well co ordinated with people actually taking damage and getting broken bones
    -While romance is a portion of the show in DD it is believable, but it is not the purpose of the story
    -Just wait for Suicide Squad and Deadpool to hit the theatres before you go mad with hard rage

7. Movies & TV   -   #67

To be honest I haven't watched it yet , it is on my list but I haven't gotten to it yet , but here is my sons perspective of it...

-Arrow is overdramatized , it is bare different from a poorly written soap opera
    -Daredevil fighting co-ordination is much less cheesy and well co ordinated with people actually taking damage and getting broken bones
    -While romance is a portion of the show in DD it is believable, but it is not the purpose of the story
    -Just wait for Suicide Squad and Deadpool to hit the theatres before you go mad with hard rage
    They take some damage. But still nowhere near as much as they would in real life. Also the way the main character doesn't get shot is frankly ridiculous.

8. Movies & TV   -   #68
    shaina's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by rascarl View Post

They take some damage. But still nowhere near as much as they would in real life. Also the way the main character doesn't get shot is frankly ridiculous.
    Guys!!!! It is a tv series !! You go back and look at most Movies and Tv shows , the main character would be dead in the first episode or the first 10min if you want to talk complete realism. This is not a debate on whose dick is bigger (because I would win)
    It is just a show , and the special effects are not that bad in the new series of DD , That's all !!
    Last edited by shaina; 04-14-2015 at 08:35 AM.

9. Movies & TV   -   #69
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    There is no expectation of realism from shows like these but once you've established that something is possible,in this case bad guys carry guns and kill people with them then you're bound to that premise unless you offer up a plausible reason why Daredevil is exempt from that rule.

In your son's defense when I was young I thought a lot of terrible shit was good too.

I totally agree with the bit about the characters are believable and likable though if "believable and likable" means I don't buy it for a second and I have strong feelings of wanting to punch them in the face.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 04-14-2015 at 11:38 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Respect my lack of authority.

10. Movies & TV   -   #70
    shaina's Avatar Poster
    There is no expectation of realism from shows like these but once you've established that something is possible,in this case bad guys carry guns and kill people with them then you're bound to that premise unless you offer up a plausible reason why Daredevil is exempt from that rule.

In your son's defense when I was young I thought a lot of terrible shit was good too.

I totally agree with the bit about the characters are believable and likable though if "believable and likable" means I don't buy it for a second and I have strong feelings of wanting to punch them in the face.
    I guess if you really want realism of Violence today you have to go old school..

The Road-Runner
    Batman and Robin (Starring Adam West)
    The Flintstones
    The Green Hornet
    Roger Rabbit (movie)
    European Football (soccer) - They get kicked cry for 5min on the turf that there leg or ankle is broken , after they get up and run faster than they did before!!
    Kill Bill (both 1-2)

And the list can go on and on

My son is just saying DD was entertaining That's ALL!! Is it the greatest series ever made?? Absolutely Not!!
    Now he is watching Get Smart Series (1965-70) , sometimes blood and guts isn't everything. Keeping you entertained is , and if everybody liked the same tv shows and movies ?? The Jews in Hollywood would be very Poor!!

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast