Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Community - The Truth

kallieb's Avatar Spamaholic BT Rep: +4
    Hey! Hi Vidde

Speaking of community. It IS nice to say hello to you.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    Enlightened's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by SgtMajor View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by benchez View Post
    Nobody asks about me when I'm gone a few days
    Most of us say thank fuck actually.
    +1 .Good riddance.....anyway, benchez is into writing Reviews and papers on torrents.......

Ofcourse, they are going to say, I am a "community guy" ......just to "Get an Invite OR to get in".....what else, are they going to say:

1. I am a Trader
    2. I am a scammer
    3. I am a collector
    4. Been Banned from that Tracker or forum
    5. Or all of the above...

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70

Quote Originally Posted by Enlightened View Post
    +1 .Good riddance.....anyway, benchez is into writing Reviews and papers on torrents.......
    :earl:
    Last edited by benchez; 01-21-2008 at 12:20 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Now go away.

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    Poster BT Rep: +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80
    Quote Originally Posted by ceasar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by krunktastic View Post
    I have found the forums and people to be cold and alienating.
    No need to walk that far. Here, on FST, when someone creates the thread about smth. he needs, more or less badly, you can predict "usual suspects" to appear there, not to help, but to:

1) spam, earn more posts, stars, whatsoever
    2) brag of their anti-smth balls
    3) tell him, that he doesn't deserve that tracker
    4) tell him that he's doing the wrong thing, and tell him what to do with account/invite (this ones usually being surprised a lot when told to fcuk off)
    5) request the same thing and hijack the thread
    6) wish a good luck/you deserve it, sometimes = 1)
    7) you name it

So, total number of useful posts less usually less than 20% and cold and alienating attitudes prevails.
    +1

^^ #8

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    grimms's Avatar Excuse Me? BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Quote Originally Posted by ceasar View Post
    I have found the forums and people to be cold and alienating.
    No need to walk that far. Here, on FST, when someone creates the thread about smth. he needs, more or less badly, you can predict "usual suspects" to appear there, not to help, but to:

1) spam, earn more posts, stars, whatsoever
    2) brag of their anti-smth balls
    3) tell him, that he doesn't deserve that tracker
    4) tell him that he's doing the wrong thing, and tell him what to do with account/invite (this ones usually being surprised a lot when told to fcuk off)
    5) request the same thing and hijack the thread
    6) wish a good luck/you deserve it, sometimes = 1)
    7) you name it

So, total number of useful posts less usually less than 20% and cold and alienating attitudes prevails.
    I disagree with parts of what your post and agree with other parts. Me personally i like to wish members good luck to leave them a shed of hope, also i try to help new users out by giving them some constructive advice that could get them far in a forum like this one.

I alway state to be active, make friends, contribute (not just inviting people), participate in forum discussions (like this one here), respect other members and the rules, and never trade or take accounts (if you want to instill trust in other good respected members within this forum).

Alot of times though i do see people who alienate noobs and just say unpleasant things to deter them. I think it's all right to be curious about trackers, what they have to offer, their community. Only if your vying to be a great entrusted member though. also it's good to help a noob get on the right path and head in the right direction before they lose their trust. Every member starts with a trust level of zero. It either increases or decreases over time (depending on various situations).

If your cheater, scammer, account trader (who hasn't cleaned up their act), or anything else hazardous to this forum community or anywhere else? Then this post and my help or advice does not apply to you. That when i would consider you a lost cause. Just wanted to chime in alittle bit on this with some substance.

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    krunktastic's Avatar Krunk User+ BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6

Ofcourse, they are going to say, I am a "community guy" ......just to "Get an Invite OR to get in".....what else, are they going to say:

1. I am a Trader
    2. I am a scammer
    3. I am a collector

Or:

I need this tracker because:

1. I need the content
    2. I have the content and want to upload
    3. I offer such-and-such a skill
    4. I have access to content
    5. I have such-and-such a situation and need such-and-such a torrent...

Community has become just another excuse, point being that the above are the prevailing number of members here. I wish the people who spend all their time in the Bittorent - Invites forum would read this.
    Last edited by krunktastic; 01-21-2008 at 12:28 AM.

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    grimms's Avatar Excuse Me? BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16

1. I am a Trader
    2. I am a scammer
    3. I am a collector

Or:

I need this tracker because:

1. I need the content
    2. I have the content and want to upload
    3. I offer such-and-such a skill
    4. I have access to content
    5. I have such-and-such a situation and need such-and-such a torrent...

Community has become just another excuse, point being that the above are the prevailing number of members here.
    Now if your a sour grape (you all know who you are, even if we don't) then 100% i agree with both of you. Good points as well. unfortunately, you have to take in the bad with the good. It's life, and life is not always fair i guess...Good thread krunktastic.

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    ceasar's Avatar Slava R0b0taM! BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Quote Originally Posted by sear View Post
    who are you
    Hint:
    //His name is not Brandon, obviously. //
    TCS Byatch in training

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    SAM's Avatar Fst philosopher BT Rep: +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50
    Quote Originally Posted by pandabear View Post
    Yea i would have to say sometimes the hype really lets you down. For example i got a site which was heavily hyped from here from a friend, and the site was supposed to be all about community. Well what a let down, after a few day of reading the boring threads (what size shoes you wear etc) and barely any interesting posts, and a dull irc which was quiet for large periods, and when there was talk it was with friends i knew from other sites mainly, i gave up on the site. So in short, don't go joining a torrent site for community, because you will be severely disappointed at times, or worse, will force yourself to think that because this site was rare, its a more interesting community. Just join a site to download, and you will, like most one day will get bored, and browse the forums, and fall in love with it.

For Serving Community

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    My community is where I live.
    Now go away.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast