Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Attention FST (Staff and Users)

BANNED BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
    One major reason for FST being regarded as the 'source of all evil' is the WTAW thread, this was created by an FST member Sydney. Before this trackers had not been rated, and no matter what anyone else says it is a rarity rating showing how difficult it is to get into trackers. Now because of this thread we have a whole virtual stockmarket, with common comments in threads of you can't get that for that tracker it is too low level. I mean seriously it is the mentality that is wrong.

Since the removal of the comm rep status from most tracker staff (with a few exceptions) the large percentage of trackers have hardened their attitude to FST. Staff here say that the system was unmanageable and I actually understand both sides of the argument but that does not change the fact that this has caused a major rift. Are there any tracker staff who run giveaways any more ? Do you see Brandon or Vidde post at all ?
    FST is here to protect its own rules and the users of the forum, in doing that they break every rule that the trackers ask of members, so why be surprised that sites like FST anger the trackers ? FST angers them the most simply because it is the largest and is very high on the google site list.

FST has no intention of changing, why should they? it works for them, and the torrent sites themselves are only one area of interest in the filesharing area. The NZB's also generate interest and the lounge generates almost as much traffic as the bt section (strange that) but the dissertation about everyone sitting down calmly and working it all out is a very naive point of view.

Now we come to trading itself *sigh* this is the subject which gets everyones arms up in the air. Simply thanks to the WTAW thread and the implied levels of rarity that are generated we end with collectors. These are people who trade to get into a tracker that is rare just to have it, they need to hide from staff because they have traded so never post or talk in irc and only log on to keep the a/c alive, so basically they are about as much use to tracker staff as an extra nipple. There are those that trade to get the a/c's that they want and then are good even great users (honorable mention goes to puckface here) but most sadly just want the tracker bookmark.......

I have mentioned before the underside of trading as well, since we have this implied 'value' from the WTAW thread we have invite sellers, these are people who trade multiple a/c's/ invites simply to sell them off, so it is little wonder that tracker staff dislike these practices.

The aims of the bt trackers and the aims of the FST forum are different they have always been different but there is no likelihood that this is going to change, so the idea that what FST promotes is going to be 'accepted' by the bt trackers is minimal.
    First, you cant actually believe what certain people on certain forums are saying about this recent tl ban, seriously, i have never seen such an attitude. Anyway, you are right about the difference of interests. Regarding WTAW thread, i believe we shall get rid of it too, i mean i needed a nice metal site for my needs, i searched a lil bit on threads and run into one that talks about metal music torrents, and i asked the guy about an invite(my first time asking someone for an invite) I didnt even look at the level it has, i just said i need a site that i can keep a good ratio with some freeleeches et cetera, anyway the point is we shall get rid of WTAW thread because it both generates hatred for fst and causes people to make their decisions on levels not needs. I know getting rid off that thread wont solve anything, yet it is a good start.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    First of all why did you made this username ? why are you affraid

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata

No doubt my naivety, but all the cheaters and traders already on the sites.FST is perhaps an enabler but hardly the cause of the problem.
    As was the said the problem is systemic and FST is just a convenient scapegoat .

Sorry to get off topic but anyone seen that Tom Cruise war movie?

And yes I agree with swift .It is hard to put any trust in someone that begins with subterfuge.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 03-28-2009 at 12:23 PM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    Get rid off FST. Everyone's happy.
    Now go away.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabalo View Post
    With the recent moves from some trackers' staffers against FST staff and active members (even those actively anti traders), i see no reason as why should FST make any changes when there isn't the slightest will of staffers to discuss this reasonably.
    when i mean staffers, i mean sysops, not the small fishes.

i do know and talk to some sysops time to time, and it's a pity FST can't make some kind of agreement with them, as they are reasonable and good people, and have proven such in different occasions. but not all are like those, and that's why their sites stand in the crowd.

the biggest problem doesn't stand in FST's hands. it stands in the childish behaviour of some kids that dream to be important behind a keyboard.
    Being egocentric and thinking the universe of the internet information highway would shortcut and go around their site, is purely utopic.

I find this post quite ironic, as I've tried to make out a deal with FST several times, but guess who is being ignored? Fine by me, but then you can't complain when you get banned for trading in here (no we don't ban people for just being a member/staffer).

I've made a deal with about every "trader forum" of some size that I know of, FST is the only forum refusing to make a deal. So the problem is not at "our" end, it is at "your" end.
    What.CD Administrator

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    The Flying Cow's Avatar windowlicker BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    All this has been discussed many times before.

Get the trackers you want, work with them, and move on.

The traders will always be here, but you really need to be terribly bored to have the time to rant in their direction, or even see and care about what they're up to. It's been proven pointless time and time again.

Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    anyone seen that Tom Cruise war movie?
    It's definitely worth it Idol. Very impressive picture. TBH I was surprised, seeing as Tinkertown tends to edit history and say it like it wasn't. Valkyrie is not the case.
    Last edited by The Flying Cow; 03-28-2009 at 01:49 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    Poster BT Rep: +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80
    i refuse to reply to a thread created by a dupe account :-\

Spoiler: Show
    Last edited by squirr3l; 03-28-2009 at 01:55 PM.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    BANNED BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    Quote Originally Posted by sexten View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabalo View Post
    With the recent moves from some trackers' staffers against FST staff and active members (even those actively anti traders), i see no reason as why should FST make any changes when there isn't the slightest will of staffers to discuss this reasonably.
    when i mean staffers, i mean sysops, not the small fishes.

i do know and talk to some sysops time to time, and it's a pity FST can't make some kind of agreement with them, as they are reasonable and good people, and have proven such in different occasions. but not all are like those, and that's why their sites stand in the crowd.

the biggest problem doesn't stand in FST's hands. it stands in the childish behaviour of some kids that dream to be important behind a keyboard.
    Being egocentric and thinking the universe of the internet information highway would shortcut and go around their site, is purely utopic.

I find this post quite ironic, as I've tried to make out a deal with FST several times, but guess who is being ignored? Fine by me, but then you can't complain when you get banned for trading in here (no we don't ban people for just being a member/staffer).

I've made a deal with about every "trader forum" of some size that I know of, FST is the only forum refusing to make a deal. So the problem is not at "our" end, it is at "your" end.
    FST should stick to what they are doing, maybe they can get rid of WTAW or whatever threat that is, they can get rid off it, but they shall always allow people to state what they think, if that is not allowed here, then it is no different than being under a dictatorship. Also banning traders, giving their ips, names et cetera wont solve anything, they will get organized in another place do whatever they want. You cant stop traders or cheaters not unless you start thinking of their reasons to do so. Why does someone trade? ask yourself this, then we might reduce the number of traders in this torrenting. It is really funny for someone who doesnt trade or such to defend others rights, why should i care? i shouldnt but i do it is really fun.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    Quote Originally Posted by bilkenter View Post
    FST should stick to what they are doing, maybe they can get rid of WTAW or whatever threat that is, they can get rid off it, but they shall always allow people to state what they think, if that is not allowed here, then it is no different than being under a dictatorship. Also banning traders, giving their ips, names et cetera wont solve anything, they will get organized in another place do whatever they want. You cant stop traders or cheaters not unless you start thinking of their reasons to do so. Why does someone trade? ask yourself this, then we might reduce the number of traders in this torrenting. It is really funny for someone who doesnt trade or such to defend others rights, why should i care? i shouldnt but i do it is really fun.
    This got nothing to do about freedom of speach, of course everyone should be able to say what they like.
    And you say we can't stop traders or cheaters, does that mean we should stop fighting them?

Do you honestly think a tracker would be better or even equally good if trading and cheating was allowed? Have you ever managed a tracker? Have you ever seen a "trader tree" and what kind of users it usually consists of? Do you know what would happen with the ratio economics and seed times if everyone cheated? Because I do, and I can assure you it would be the least successful tracker of all times. If you want trading and cheating to be allowed, use a public tracker and stay way from private trackers who got rules against stuff like that.

All in all the ENDLESS work tracker staff put down in catching cheaters, traders and sellers is for YOUR good so I REALLY don't understand why you are fighting this. The only users who do NOT benefit of this is... cheaters, traders and sellers.
    Last edited by sexten; 03-28-2009 at 02:24 PM.
    What.CD Administrator

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by sexten View Post
    This got nothing to do about freedom of speach, of course everyone should be able to say what they like.
    And you say we can't stop traders or cheaters, does that mean we should stop fighting them?

Do you honestly think a tracker would be better or even equally good if trading and cheating was allowed? Have you ever managed a tracker? Have you ever seen a "trader tree" and what kind of users it usually consists of? Do you know what would happen with the ratio economics and seed times if everyone cheated? Because I do, and I can assure you it would be the least successful tracker of all times. If you want trading and cheating to be allowed, use a public tracker and stay way from private trackers who got rules against stuff like that.

All in all the ENDLESS work tracker staff put down in catching cheaters, traders and sellers is for YOUR good so I REALLY don't understand why you are fighting this. The only users who do NOT benefit of this is... cheaters, traders and sellers.
    1. Please don't take bilkenter seriously.

2. Good post!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast