PDA

View Full Version : What is the latest movie you watched and what did you think of it?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19

LordSobi
02-25-2010, 05:44 AM
The Curious case of Benjamin Button. Good movie. kinda sad.

Artemis
02-25-2010, 06:27 AM
I finally got around to watching 2012 and I have to say it seems like Roland Emmerich is working from the same script with slight (and progressively more awful variations).
Now I'm taken to flights of fancy or improbability as much as the next guy, but the sheer physics implausibility in the latest world ending event are just laughable. Instead of suspension of disbelief you are asked to completely disengage your brain to believe the ending.
Why is it that every Emmerich disaster movie has to include the White House ending badly, it is an overworn metaphor and not particularly apt if like most of the worlds population you live outside of the continental U.S.
Trite, overdone, and relies (badly) on the now well worn Emmerich disaster formula. Nothing to see here move along.

megabyteme
02-25-2010, 06:46 AM
You said it far better than I, Artemis, but I thought it was crap.

Drako90
02-25-2010, 05:12 PM
Crank 2 is a excellent movie
I recommended

IdolEyes787
02-25-2010, 05:30 PM
Citizen Kane is an excellent movie.
I recommend it.
Wonder if Crank 2 is a sequel or something.

sopshr33a
02-25-2010, 05:41 PM
Blue Murder 1995

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0112538/

if you like aussie crime movies this is for you
deserves its 8.2 rating. comes in 2 parts , i thoroughly enjoyed em both
and will watch again .

chopper was good
underbelly pretty good
blue murder , best aussie film i've ever watched.

02-25-2010, 08:47 PM
Legion_R5_LiNE_XViD_-_IMAGiNE
5/10

The_Martinator
02-25-2010, 10:15 PM
Citizen Kane is an excellent movie.
I recommend it.
Wonder if Crank 2 is a sequel or something.

I actually didn't like Citizen Kane that much. I know it might be groundbraking on some areas, but I think it's been surpassed on those same ones.

5/10

Dupe account to piss off Idol? :lol:

clocker
02-25-2010, 11:35 PM
I actually didn't like Citizen Kane that much. I know it might be groundbraking on some areas, but I think it's been surpassed on those same ones.
"Might be" groundbreaking?
Awfully generous of you.

Not only was Citizen Kane a technical tour de force, it is still one of the greatest "Fuck You"s ever committed to film and was all done- written, directed and performed- when Welles was only 26 years old.

American cinema has never again produced anything like it.

The_Martinator
02-26-2010, 11:39 AM
Awfully generous of you.

Not only was Citizen Kane a technical tour de force, it is still one of the greatest "Fuck You"s ever committed to film and was all done- written, directed and performed- when Welles was only 26 years old.

Yeah, sure. But let me draw a comparison:

I know Bob Cousy was the first to pass behind his back and I admire the guy, but I still prefer to watch old Showtime Lakers games, simply because Magic brought passing to a new level and I'm sure the Houdini of the Hardwood was his inspiration. It has nothing to do with the picture quality also.

And today the game's more about strength than anything else. The passing is still there and there are some bright exeptions that are close to Magic, but IMO it's not showtime and it's not evolving as fast (the game) as it was in the 80s.

I hope you get what I'm trying to say here...

clocker
02-26-2010, 12:44 PM
That Orson Welles wasn't a very good basketball player?

IdolEyes787
02-26-2010, 03:32 PM
Awfully generous of you.

I know Bob Cousy was the first to pass behind his back and I admire the guy, but I still prefer to watch old Showtime Lakers games, simply because Magic brought passing to a new level and I'm sure the Houdini of the Hardwood was his inspiration. It has nothing to do with the picture quality also.

And today the game's more about strength than anything else. The passing is still there and there are some bright exeptions that are close to Magic, but IMO it's not showtime and it's not evolving as fast (the game) as it was in the 80s.

Yes but Magic Johnson is HIV positive.Do you see the analogy I'm trying to present here?

5/10

Dupe account to piss off Idol? :lol:

It's probably Senegal ,not the person but the country.

The_Martinator
02-26-2010, 07:11 PM

Yes but Magic Johnson is HIV positive.Do you see the analogy I'm trying to present here?

The '92 gold olympic medal and All Star MVP award speak for themselves, IMO.

Was Orson Wells sick when he made the movie?

dandyccc
02-26-2010, 08:46 PM

clocker
02-26-2010, 08:54 PM
It could be argued that Welles was "sick" his whole life.
That's neither here nor there however.

Like everything else, the impact of Citizen Kane can only be assessed within the context of the times.
Welles invented many of the tropes we're all so familiar with today and was of course constricted by the mores of his era (hell, your average PG-13 movie of today simply could not have been made back then) but that shouldn't detract from appreciation of his genius.

megabyteme
02-27-2010, 12:44 AM
Citizen Kane absolutely stands on its own merits as one of the greatest films I have ever seen. Completely epic journey.

I also put Giant (1956) in the same category. Actually quite surprised it only has a 7.7 rating on IMDB. I'd give it an 8.7... Watch it if you haven't seen it.

IdolEyes787
02-27-2010, 01:43 AM
Fantastic interpretation of Welles, his genius and his ego by Christine McKay here (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1175506/)

Rest of the movie is middling at best but worth a look .

Giant works because of James Dean( obviously) and Sal Mineo two of the most talented,charismatic and tragic actors of their generation and for George Stevens a great director and an even better cinematographer.
Giant doesn't work because Rock Hudson has the talent of ,well a rock .
And not even a cool one like Amethyst or Sylvite .

megabyteme
02-27-2010, 02:45 AM
I'm not normally a Dean fan, but he earns his respect in this movie. As for Rock Hudson, I think he did a great job being the antagonist (the only opinion "Jet Black" cared about when he had everything. It was a classic battle between "old money, the ranchers; and "new money", oil. Those who looked down upon him, only had the chance to do so briefly, yet it haunted him through this life. Hudson did play his role solidly.

Fantastic interpretation of Welles, his genius and his ego by Christine McKay here (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1175506/)

Rest of the movie is middling at best but worth a look .

Giant works because of James Dean( obviously) and Sal Mineo two of the most talented,charismatic and tragic actors of their generation and for George Stevens a great director and an even better cinematographer.
Giant doesn't work because Rock Hudson has the talent of ,well a rock .
And not even a cool one like Amethyst or Sylvite .

killuminati96
02-27-2010, 05:00 AM
Everybody's Fine 8/10

I really enjoyed this one. I thought it would be another chick flick, but Robert De Niro really did a good job here. imo

janostn
02-27-2010, 07:17 AM
walk to remember

The_Martinator
02-27-2010, 07:51 AM
It could be argued that Welles was "sick" his whole life.
That's neither here nor there however.

Like everything else, the impact of Citizen Kane can only be assessed within the context of the times.
Welles invented many of the tropes we're all so familiar with today and was of course constricted by the mores of his era (hell, your average PG-13 movie of today simply could not have been made back then) but that shouldn't detract from appreciation of his genius.

Again, I get all that and I do appreciate him. But the fact is that I'm living here and now and I'm influenced by it.

Haven't seen Giant yet. It's on my to watch list now, though. :yup:

clocker
03-01-2010, 05:29 AM
North Face- German w/ subtitles.

This is a brutal movie, horrifyingly visceral.

It's 1937 and the last great unconquered climb in the Alps is the North Face of the Eiger.
Germany- with a long history of equating sports with cultural superiority- would dearly love for some real Aryans to be the first to scale this monster. So would the French, Italians and Austrians, groups of whom camp at the base of the ascent and prepare for an attempt.
Two Germans and two Austrians begin to climb.

I'll admit upfront that I'm not good with heights and this movie hit my panic button early and often.
The cinematography is stark and simple which serves to amplify the overwhelming experience of being on the face of a fucking cliff, thousands of feet in the air.
It's simultaneously riveting and repulsive.

There are subplots to the film but the core is the climb.
The script doesn't rely on "gotcha" moments- although inevitably there are a few- but instead builds a slow, inexorable tide of events that can really only end one way.
You know what's coming but can't look away.

Can't say I enjoyed watching North Face but I'm very glad I did.
It's excellent.

highlife
03-01-2010, 06:30 AM
From Paris with love.I must say it is a strong movie and Travolta pwned me again with an astoneshing roleplay

SelfMadeMMAn
03-02-2010, 12:02 AM
Legion- Loved it, absolutely wonderful film

killuminati96
03-03-2010, 10:25 PM
Funny People 7.5/10

It was pretty funny. I don't normally like Adam Sandler, but he was more mature in this. Seth Rogen was funny like usual.

brightsid
03-05-2010, 09:36 PM
Just watched a really clever movie
Nueve Reinas from Argentina is one of the best heist movies I've seen only compared with the favorite Sting. Funny with great actors and an unexpected end is what an entertaining movie should be
9/10

dagg3r
03-06-2010, 12:42 AM
blind side, nice movie-pretty good chance of winning Oscar in best actress category

megabyteme
03-06-2010, 08:45 AM
Thanks Brightsid. Grabbed and giving it a try.

Also look forward to North Face. I, too, suffer from a strong fear of heights. Nazis are also pretty scary. Could be a very disturbing combo. :fear2: Thanks for the recommendation, clocker!

Hope you enjoy Giant, Martin. Please give us a review after you do.

QPD
03-06-2010, 09:16 AM
Shutter Island...somehow predictable for me!

Zac090
03-06-2010, 05:26 PM
From.Paris.with.Love.R5.LINE.XviD-MENTiON
7/10
Somewhat predictable,but entertaining.

IdolEyes787
03-06-2010, 06:01 PM
Again PLEASE do not name a movie as R5,R3 BRrip.XviD , MENTION ,VISION,SANTI or whateverthose are releases .The movie is From Paris with Bald, Fat , Gay Guy or something like that.

Forgetting Sarah Marshall :Some OK stuff mixed in with some pretty bad stuff and some totally pointless stuff.
Both written and starring Jason Segal and unfortunately it shows .Though tolerably enough as the lead Segal insists thinking that anyone would be enamored of a character whose life goal of putting on a puppet musical about Dracula .I think on a list of men woman would run from that would be someplace very close to the top .
Also Segal certainly seems to proud of his dick since he takes every opportunity and uses every stretch of the imagination to display it.:sick:
Other than that most of the ancillary characters are there just to fill empty space and never come across as being anything other than that or serve any real purpose .
The most glaringly obvious being Jonah Hill whose "story" they never even bother to resolve .

Overly long ,only intermittently funny , sappy ,unbelievable love story and although trying hard to be dirty and boasting two ,count em two fanboi babes ( Kristen Bell and Mila Kunis) the only nudity is of the full frontal male variety.:dabs:

Better director,judicious editing less control by Segal it could easily have rated higher but as is 4/10 or something like that.

Sharkman2
03-06-2010, 06:18 PM
SEAL Team Six released 2008. Movie claims to be inspired by a true story of Operation Desert Shield. I never heard of the movie untill I was browsing through NZB Matrix. What I thought of the movie? In my opinion it was terrible they put entire US military in vain! With it's cheesy story and apart where they kill a kid and the team leader mac having flash backs of his dead son who was killed in a car accident. Even is this movie had left out inspired by a true story it was still have been disrespectful to American service man. So being still inspired by a true story makes a HELL of a lot worse. In my opinion Im not in the military but still feel disrespected in human nature. Worst movie I ever saw!

back1
03-06-2010, 10:09 PM
The Prestige.

brightsid
03-07-2010, 08:43 AM
I hope you like it MBM

Just watched another Argentinian one. The nominated for foreign film El secreto de sus ojos (The secret in their eyes). It is certainly a fair nomination and although my personal opinion is that White Ribbon is a masterpiece I must admit that this one is the favorite to win. Ricardo Darin is brilliant as he is trying to solve a 25 years old mystery and to find the love of his life.

If you decide to check this one with your wife MBM be prepared for the "will you love me after 25 years question" :D

superjojo
03-07-2010, 11:01 AM
Antichrist - I was shocked

Noen
03-07-2010, 01:02 PM
New Moon,it was pretty good.

mody
03-07-2010, 04:22 PM
Beverly Hills Cop II (1987)

fedora
03-07-2010, 11:05 PM
7 seconds

IdolEyes787
03-08-2010, 12:29 AM
Next person that ignores the thread title I'm coming to their house and doing things to them that would make even Rob Zombie queasy.

mr. nails
03-08-2010, 12:52 AM
Forgetting Sarah Marshall...Better director,judicious editing less control by Segal it could easily have rated higher but as is 4/10 or something like that.

that's too bad. i really dug the film. lol, this film is what got me banned from jtv. forgot about him showing his cock @ the beginning and i got reported. meh. as for his dracula opera. it was awesome and the song was even better!

X5ZtwbzUFZE

IdolEyes787
03-08-2010, 01:05 AM
Forgetting Sarah Marshall...Better director,judicious editing less control by Segal it could easily have rated higher but as is 4/10 or something like that.

that's too bad. i really dug the film. lol, this film is what got me banned from jtv. forgot about him showing his cock @ the beginning and i got reported. meh. as for his dracula opera. it was awesome and the song was even better!

X5ZtwbzUFZE

There were parts that I really liked but it just never came together as a movie and dragged on longer than it should.

As for the Dracula opera clearly he was ripping off Dance of the Vampires

nOnS9uKESBk

which is a cult play/song by Jim Steinman ( of Meat Loaf fame) so I guess the impact was a bit lost on me.

mr. nails
03-08-2010, 04:53 PM
percy jackson & the lightning thief

boring as hell and zero acting. not really sure who this was even aimed for. teenagers? either way, i don't plan on ever seeing this one again. 1/10 (cuz Rosario Dawson was hot)

the crazies

it was ok, but it's all too much the same as everything else in it's genre. i like most and will watch most, if not all, "zombie" movies, but they really either need to slow down in making them or they need to add some sort of new experience to them. 6/10

UUUPP
03-08-2010, 04:55 PM
Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief

I kinda liked it .. But it's not very good, so like .. 5/10

scooterbomb
03-09-2010, 06:34 AM
Alice in Wonderland... 1/10
rent it if you must...

iLOVENZB
03-09-2010, 01:05 PM
Astro Boy (2009) (http://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&source=web&ct=res&cd=4&ved=0CBoQFjAD&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.imdb.com%2Ftitle%2Ftt0375568%2F&ei=70WWS-DIOYz-7APRjdS7CA&usg=AFQjCNG84MitEDydWUfNMOU1E55pIspaKA&sig2=lSLIvFuZ5DxbrMtSoOpDMg)

Absolutely love Astro Boy, and this movie was excellent. I thought this movie as a Prequal to what the Anime was.

I'm not sure about the Manga because I can't find it in stores here or any scanners that translated it into English.There were some pretty well known voice actors in there too

amitvv
03-09-2010, 02:14 PM
Donnie Darko

IdolEyes787
03-09-2010, 02:24 PM
^^ Reading learn how to .

clocker
03-09-2010, 02:29 PM
Rage against the machine, Idol.

IdolEyes787
03-09-2010, 02:35 PM
tW_QgDXL65U

gamesover
03-09-2010, 07:58 PM
Up in the Air - i found it to be a smart comedy/drama for adults. I was thinking it was a romantic comedy but its more like a statement film

AlriyG600
03-10-2010, 11:58 AM
last movie i watched it
was last past two days

1 - Ninja Assassin Blood is my favorite scene - bi make it unbelievable but if they change the actress with some one more beautiful it would be better

and today i will watch
New Moon i have been waiting for it over a year now

clocker
03-10-2010, 02:17 PM
Up in the Air - i found it to be a smart comedy/drama for adults. I was thinking it was a romantic comedy but its more like a statement film
What is a "statement film"?

and today i will watch
New Moon i have been waiting for it over a year now
It didn't get any better with age.

iLOVENZB
03-11-2010, 03:38 AM
Layer Cake (2004) (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0375912/)

Loved it!!! Finally a dealer with morals :lol:

cinephilia
03-11-2010, 04:15 AM
Kennedy et moi (1999)

http://nezumi.dumousseau.free.fr/im12/kennedy1.jpg

entertaining. special mention to J.P. Bacri.

Sad
03-11-2010, 05:22 PM
Agora.2009

killuminati96
03-12-2010, 02:38 AM
Up In The Air 7/10 - love the hot naked chick!

Terminator Salvation 9/10 - really good..sad it took me this long to see it

Frankthetank1
03-12-2010, 02:42 AM
damn dling Up in the air now how was the screener quality?

The_Martinator
03-13-2010, 08:22 AM
Boyz N the Hood

It was allright, but I think it could have been better. It seemed like something was missing, like the movie could have been better if it were a litlle longer. Fishburne was great, Cuba was weird and Ice Cube was, well, Ice Cube.

Up in the air

I was pleasantly surprised, actually. Not that bad, but this wasn't Clooney at his best, I was surprised with the rest of the cast. A good movie that has a message, people are social beings.

ThorMAN
03-15-2010, 06:39 AM
The Descent: Part II

This one, is great...

mr. nails
03-15-2010, 03:59 PM
The Descent: Part II

This one, is great...

thx for pointing that this is out.

while this one isn't as good as the 1st one it's something to watch. part 2 is a continuation of the 1st movie. while u don't necessarily need to watch the first one to understand wtf is going on take in mind that the first one is the better film and has multiple endings. 5/10

thehopeless
03-15-2010, 09:48 PM
Sunset Boulevard (1950)
I like it, the acting was perfect...

modi
03-16-2010, 05:25 PM
2012 great movie

VideoPower
03-16-2010, 09:00 PM
X Men Wolverine...AWESOME MOVIE!

killuminati96
03-16-2010, 10:44 PM
Precious 6.5/10

It wasn't so bad as one might think it would of been by the title etc. lol It had a lot of violence in it.

spunyluv
03-16-2010, 11:55 PM
A serious man - not bad, but didn't meet my expectations

Pimms
03-18-2010, 09:04 AM
Shutter Island

I nice movie i think.

HDman
03-18-2010, 09:08 AM
Angels & Demons is good

killuminati96
03-18-2010, 10:12 PM
Did You Hear About the Morgans? 5/10

boring and not funny

megabyteme
03-19-2010, 02:06 AM
2012 great movie

:huh:

mr. nails
03-19-2010, 03:38 AM
Green Zone:

i thought it was a fairly decent film. matt damon did a decent enough job. i liked the dialog in combat as well. i'll watch it again once the dvd comes out. 7/10

Albo Da Kid
03-19-2010, 07:13 AM
Did You Hear About the Morgans? 5/10

boring and not funny
lol Everytime I saw Sarah Jessica Parker infront of the screen I couldn't help but think of that phrase and start laughing.

"A horse a horse, my kingdom for a horse"

I feel you dude, this movie was horrible. I couldn't watch more than 10 minutes of it then I swong by IMDB to see what others had thought of it and I wasn't surprised at all to see that it only got a 3.7/10 rating.

ahmed200106
03-20-2010, 12:35 AM
the lasted i watched is "American Pie Presents The Book of Love"
very good comedy movie, i giving 7/10

superjojo
03-21-2010, 10:18 PM
National lampoons - Stoned age
Could be better

killuminati96
03-22-2010, 02:10 AM
Dazed and Confused 10/10

I should of waited until summer to watch this.

Shawn84
03-22-2010, 06:12 AM
Shutter Island.

One hell of a mind f**K.

Leonardo Dicaprio is a brilliant actor in this movie, as always.

His acting drew such powerful emotions in one scene in particular (you will know which if you've seen it) that I will never forget it.

All in all, I was disappointed with the ending.

I give it a 6/10.

Xsonvet
03-22-2010, 11:23 AM

Albo Da Kid
03-22-2010, 01:58 PM

I thought the ending was perfect for the movie. I couldn't see it any other way, and that last phrase made it even better.

You're right though this was truly a mind fu*king movie.

thehopeless
03-22-2010, 03:57 PM
I watched recently The Hangover
Not bad, 6/10

superjojo
03-22-2010, 04:00 PM
I watched recently The Hangover
Not bad, 6/10

The Hangover was really great in my opinion.
One of the best comedies I watched in the last couple of years.

blackbird
03-23-2010, 04:47 PM
into the wild

amazing movie

Luigi
03-23-2010, 06:33 PM
All the Boys Love Mandy Lane (2006)

5/10

Too much blood in the end for me :P

killuminati96
03-25-2010, 02:47 AM
The Men Who Stare at Goats 8/10

It was funny and fun.

killour
03-25-2010, 06:01 AM
wushu warrior 2/10 , amatour movie !

riceguy
03-25-2010, 06:17 AM
Brooklyn's Finest 6.5/10

super slow start, i was waiting for westley snipes to bust some caps the whole time

bonkers
03-25-2010, 07:27 AM
shutter island i think i need to go visit that island after watching it sent me mad at the end :huh::huh::huh::huh:

hope94
03-25-2010, 10:01 AM

killuminati96
03-27-2010, 01:23 AM
Ninja Assassin 9/10

lots of gore and action..only thing missing was some nudity :lol:

szekeresh
03-27-2010, 04:10 PM

10/10

shaardu
03-28-2010, 06:27 AM

mr. nails
03-29-2010, 04:28 AM
Repo Men

jl9Nvg4yuus

i thought it was pretty good and i liked forest whitaker too. i dug the fast action dagger kills too. lol, reminds me of my rogue in WoW! :p Movie offers a lot of blood, some crazy barcode scanner action and a twist ending. 7.5/10

R10Ronaldinho
03-29-2010, 08:17 AM
Up in the air
not bad

killuminati96
03-29-2010, 10:23 PM
http://lookpic.com/i/192/uYjV7mMf.jpeg

10/10 very good

superjojo
03-29-2010, 10:50 PM
Universal soldier - Regeneration.

I watched it because I liked Universal soldier from 1992. If you like action and more action then this is the right choice. But this is just it. 4/10

IdolEyes787
03-29-2010, 11:38 PM
http://lookpic.com/i/192/uYjV7mMf.jpeg

10/10 very good

10/10 means it is on par with the best movie you have ever seen.You gave Dazed and Confused 10/10 also so what you are essentially saying that those two films are equally perfect.
I dunno I would have given Dazed and Confused at least half a point off just because Matthew McConaughey was in it.:unsure:

megabyteme
03-30-2010, 02:35 AM
Repo Men

i thought it was pretty good and i liked forest whitaker too. i dug the fast action dagger kills too. lol, reminds me of my rogue in WoW! :p Movie offers a lot of blood, some crazy barcode scanner action and a twist ending. 7.5/10

Have to agree with you, nails. Not a great movie by any means, but kept itself going and had lots of anti-corporate sentiment to mirror the times. Funny that the movie was made by Hollywood corporate whores. Just shows they can make a movie and still miss the message entirely. :lol: Yep, 7.5/10 from me as well.

The_Martinator
03-30-2010, 04:04 PM
Boondock Saints (1999)

I don't know how original this movie actually is, but I haven't seen anything like it in terms of the plot and it's something people actually think about (taking matters into their own hands, that's how the mafia first came to be, by some peasants in Sicily declaring themselves as judge and jury). The movie itself is pretty good apart from Willem Dafoe (he has some good moments and some weird ones). CSI could learn a thing or two from him, though. :lol:

7/10

loplandy
03-30-2010, 05:00 PM
Frozen , 2010
7.2/10
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1323045/
This movie was quite good.

DATTER
03-30-2010, 05:53 PM
Defendor.

brightsid
03-30-2010, 07:02 PM
Just watched again my favorite depressing movie Johnny got his gun. Although it's not a movie nobody has heard of it is a very underrated movie. Metallica's video was the reason for watching it for the first time many years ago as a teen and I was really shocked back then and still feels the same way. It's a disturbing movie but so is war
A movie and a book cannot be forgotten once read or watched

Father, I'm in terrible trouble and I need help

mr. nails
03-31-2010, 03:18 AM
Boondock Saints (1999)

I don't know how original this movie actually is, but I haven't seen anything like it in terms of the plot and it's something people actually think about (taking matters into their own hands, that's how the mafia first came to be, by some peasants in Sicily declaring themselves as judge and jury). The movie itself is pretty good apart from Willem Dafoe (he has some good moments and some weird ones). CSI could learn a thing or two from him, though. :lol:

7/10

don't watch the sequel. it's not even 1/2 7/10.

The_Martinator
03-31-2010, 06:09 AM
That's allright, I wasn't planning on it. Thanks for the heads up, though.

superjojo
03-31-2010, 10:43 AM

I thought the ending was perfect for the movie. I couldn't see it any other way, and that last phrase made it even better.

You're right though this was truly a mind fu*king movie.

I watched it yesterday and I think it was great movie from the first to the last minute.

killuminati96
03-31-2010, 07:43 PM
http://www.dailyworldbuzz.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/watch-sherlock-holmes-2009-movie-online.jpg

8/10

schlappschwanz
03-31-2010, 07:56 PM
Shutter Island
I liked it wasn't boring at any time and I wouldn't have guessed the end.
7/10

DATTER
03-31-2010, 08:22 PM
I'll see now: The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus.

Bushmills
03-31-2010, 11:32 PM
Just saw "Alice In Wonderland" and it is absolutly a great movie. inspite of all the rough criticism i enjoyed it very much. and dont miss the 3D experience on this one :P

clocker
04-01-2010, 05:37 AM
Leaves of Grass- Edward Norton.

Norton takes on the challenge of playing twins and carries it off with great aplomb.
One is an East coast academic elite, the other grows the finest hydroponic dope in Oklahoma and a doomed plot reunites them after 12 years of separation.

This is simply a wonderful movie.
Wonderful in the sense that you are treated to an unexpected pleasure, the movie that doesn't pander.
Rife with opportunities to brandish a broad, stereotypical brush, Leaves of Grass constantly surprises as the characters are revealed as complex, smart, funny and fatally human.

Imagine a scene where Keri Russell quotes Whitman as she guts the 40lb. catfish she just caught...barehanded (called "noodling", if the movie is to be believed).
If you're intrigued, you'll like this film.

Oh, the soundtrack is fabulous and one scene features a J.J. Cale tee-shirt.

And there's a bodycount.

I mean really, this movie has a lot going for it, even the production design is notable.
All the people look like they're wearing their clothes, the house looks like the place they live. This is quite refreshing after the gloss artificiality of most movie sets and IMO, more difficult to pull off. Even the most obvious setpiece- the growhouse- is completely credible. Amazing as it is, it's also completely plausible that it was built by two rednecks
in the rural midwest.

Definitely worth your time.

boCKa21
04-01-2010, 11:05 AM
I saw yesterday the movie "Brothers" , very nice movie I give it 7 / 10

megabyteme
04-03-2010, 11:12 AM
Just finished Matt Damon's The Informer. Have to say it was a decent movie that reminded me a bit of Catch Me If You Can. Not really as good, but had a bit of the same style to it.

I was completely turned off of the movie's theatrical poster/box cover. That made it look dreadful and kept me from even giving it a try for the entire first month since it became available. The box is misleading. Matt Damon makes a watchable performance as an ADM exec caught up in his own lies while helping the feds conduct an investigation of price-fixing activities of the company.

Give it a watch if you are in the mood for a slowish, yet entertaining film. If you can make it through a guy spending his life in airports and hotel rooms while firing people, you can make it through this... 7/10

superjojo
04-03-2010, 11:20 AM
Yesterday evening I watched
After School Special with my girlfriend.
It is a commedy, but a very lousy one
(3 funny moments during whole movie).

anoneemuse
04-03-2010, 11:58 AM
i saw your mother having sex with my dog

clocker
04-03-2010, 12:08 PM
Just finished Matt Damon's The Informer. Have to say it was a decent movie that reminded me a bit of Catch Me If You Can. Not really as good, but had a bit of the same style to it.

I was completely turned off of the movie's theatrical poster/box cover. That made it look dreadful and kept me from even giving it a try for the entire first month since it became available. The box is misleading. Matt Damon makes a watchable performance as an ADM exec caught up in his own lies while helping the feds conduct an investigation of price-fixing activities of the company.

Give it a watch if you are in the mood for a slowish, yet entertaining film. If you can make it through a guy spending his life in airports and hotel rooms while firing people, you can make it through this... 7/10
Interesting link to Catch Me If You Can...I hadn't made the connection but I can see how you did.
The hook for The Informer is the slow reveal of Damon's lunacy.
The disconnect between the voiceover and events onscreen is hilarious...well OK, maybe not hilarious but amusing...

pierrejoyce
04-03-2010, 02:42 PM
The Blind Side. It was amazing 8.5/10.

bilbobaggins
04-04-2010, 04:46 AM
clash of titans. sucked big time

prozkom
04-04-2010, 05:55 AM
The Men Who Stare at Goats , nice movie.. 7.5/10

hdblackcat
04-04-2010, 07:05 AM
Hear me

zzyzx
04-04-2010, 07:40 AM
clash of titans 4.6/10...meh.

FucktheNet
04-04-2010, 08:00 AM
The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus
Nice movie

Bostony
04-04-2010, 11:27 AM

jaghardig
04-04-2010, 11:45 AM
Up, mediocre movie 6-7/10

silverxire
04-04-2010, 01:31 PM

mandown
04-04-2010, 01:56 PM
Brooklyns Finest , i will rate it 7/10

jedinrikn
04-04-2010, 05:31 PM
Sherlock Holmes.

smartkiller
04-04-2010, 05:33 PM
My latest one is avatar,I rate it 8/10

IdolEyes787
04-04-2010, 06:17 PM
One Week (2008)
If anyone isn't from Canada and wants to get a true sense of the country this film wouldn't be the worst place to start. Not just the visuals but somehow the underlying tone are inexplicably Canadian.
Ostentatiously it's a movie that presents the question "what would you do /how would you react if you were told that you had a very short time to live?" but beyond that ( which frankly is all pretty cliche in the movie) it's more importantly about finding out about yourself, facing the truth and discovering just what is really important in your life.

Anyway the movie stars Joshua Jackson who probably pretty much everyone knows as Peter from Fringe ( and a few older types remember as Pacey on Dawson's Creek ) .So the character he plays in One Week is certainly no stretch - part bad-boy part man-child but with more than a few likable and redeeming qualities.
He is a failed writer unhappy in his job but seemingly ecstatic with his engagement to beautiful fiancée Sam. Into his rather sedative life drops the bombshell that he has cancer and the prognosis is decidedly not good.
So against the best advice of family and friends he refuses immediate treatment and on a whim hops on his trusty Norton motorcycle ( my Dad had a Norton) and heads West.
What follows is part travelogue part journey of(self) discovery.

An overall just OK movie- not great by any stretch of imagination ( I found the narration very annoying until the end when it's true purpose was revealed) but like I said a tiny perfect picture postcard of rural Canada -which in my mind at least is the only true Canada .

One last note I've actually traveled that long lonely stretch from Toronto to BC myself( literally days without a single other paved road but the one you're on) so I can attest to the accuracy in the beauty of the images.
I also think that no Canadian can stand at Terry Fox's monument in Thunder Bay or ride the waves off BC's coast and be unmoved so I'm also not totally objective about this picture.

Skiz
04-05-2010, 01:36 AM
Holmes.

I actually had high hopes for this movie. I waited until a BluRay version was released and for a night that I knew I was in the mood for it. Unfortunately, it was a train wreck of a movie.

Story: Thin to non-existent. Plot holes abound.

Script: Complete failure. Just a succession of scenes without a coherent narrative.

Acting: Mediocre (although I usually like Downey).

Chemistry between characters: Completely non-existent.

Action: Too many boring fight scenes, just for the sake of it.

Humor: Got very thin very fast. Tried to be witty with the back and forth between Holmes and Watson but failed miserably in the long run.

Length: About two hours – felt like three. Boring. Painfully boring.

Visuals: Some good CGI shots of industrial London. CGI became quite dull soon, however.

The_Martinator
04-05-2010, 02:11 PM
Ray (2004)

If Ray Charles himself says it is good, then it must be :P.

Seriously, though, I think it was pretty good, but then again I knew very little of Ray before hand except what his music was like. I guess there could have been a little more said of how he learned to play the piano and honed his skills. Other than that, pretty good imo.

megabyteme
04-06-2010, 02:05 AM
Wonderful review, Idol! Certainly a nice contrast to the "reviewer" who felt the need to tell us he can't remember what he saw last. In terms of the plot, it sounds a bit like Breaking Bad without the move to sell meth. :P

Martin,

Did Ray give props to the DVD, or the Blu-Ray? With all of the talk about, "Which version of Avatar are you reviewing?", it seems like a relevant question these days...

The_Martinator
04-06-2010, 06:29 AM
Martin,

Did Ray give props to the DVD, or the Blu-Ray? With all of the talk about, "Which version of Avatar are you reviewing?", it seems like a relevant question these days...

I don't know. I heard that they played the movie for him before he died, telling him what was being shown also and he kept saying it was exactly like that, but IDK which version he saw or if the two are any diferent besides the picture and sound quality.

Btw, Walk the Line has also recently been recommended to me.

megabyteme
04-06-2010, 08:29 AM
Just a bit of a commentary about the effects of 3D, DVD,Blu-ray, etc. on people's perceptions. As you said, Ray probably wouldn't notice the dif between blu-ray and dvd. If the story fails, the movie should too. Kind of a failure in the industry mentality if you ask me. Glad you found a good one to watch!

Check out the new Dr. Who series if you get a chance.

The_Martinator
04-06-2010, 04:15 PM
Just a bit of a commentary about the effects of 3D, DVD,Blu-ray, etc. on people's perceptions. As you said, Ray probably wouldn't notice the dif between blu-ray and dvd. If the story fails, the movie should too. Kind of a failure in the industry mentality if you ask me. Glad you found a good one to watch!

Check out the new Dr. Who series if you get a chance.

They're actually on TV atm, but I've never watched a single episode of it.

About the story failing and the movie sucking for it, I agree except on days like this one, when my brain is fried from studying. Watching a shitty movie might make it relax as I don't have to think, I just see stuff blown up, naked chicks, muscled men, etc... :P

IdolEyes787
04-06-2010, 04:34 PM
They're actually on TV atm, but I've never watched a single episode of it.

I never watched any Dr Who either as the whole thing seemed a little silly( and not in a good way) but I happened to see the end of the last series ? The Waters of Mars and I was shocked to find it was about the most exciting,poignant,literate, best thing I've watched on TV in maybe forever.

megabyteme
04-07-2010, 02:51 AM
I think some of the earlier shows from the 60's were quite silly, and those put me off from trying the new ones for a long time. Some of the individual shows can be a bit silly at times, but the writing and character development is often better than most of the tv/movies I have stumbled across.

Or, for those who simply prefer the number ratings system....

Dr. Who (2005) series 8/10
Dr. Who (2010) series 9/10

pint76o
04-07-2010, 10:35 AM
The last movie I saw, was Alice in Wonderland 2010 in 3D, it was quite an adventure :) It's Tim Burton's style. But I wouldn't put it in my favorites.

killuminati96
04-09-2010, 04:44 PM
The Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call - New Orleans

5/10

casper
04-09-2010, 05:15 PM
pandorum

9/10 great sci fi movie

AndreyReyna
04-10-2010, 10:46 AM
Last movie was Big Daddy
greeat comedy.

Quarterquack
04-11-2010, 04:41 PM
Know now that I will spoil the hell out of the following movies.

One Flew over the Cuckoo's Nest - 8/10

Let's be honest, this is, was and will always be a great movie, regardless of the time that it is seen at. The human spirit is timeless, and I found that most actors were more than capable of portraying their personalities as if they were their own. I loved the struggles, and the eventual death of some of the main characters, but they weren't played out so you felt sorry, more like quietly accepted why they had to happen; perhaps tried to wish that it happened any other way, but knew why it was so. That's probably one of the very few moments that were capable of creating that kind of realization when it comes to tragedy.

The only downside, perhaps, was the fact that there were too many ideals at play, too many themes, to concern yourself with one of them for long enough. None of the themes were downplayed or received extra significance, but at the same time, I would have loved to see some portrayed in a different light, in a different perspective. I wouldn't have minded to see some insight to as to why Nurse Ratched is the way she is; what has molded such a cruel dictator, alienated from her very own patients.

The Time Traveller's Wife - 8.5/10

I'm sure all of us have experienced that amazing sentiment, when you just watched something truly beautiful and touching, when you saw proper character development, and a proper tragic but enriching ending to a movie, that makes you stand and say "Why hadn't I seen this before now?" I couldn't help myself but feel that way watching this movie, and I'm sure anyone who misses out on it, will regret it.

A great movie, with a great twist to your average love-beyond-the-boundaries of time. We've seen it with Kate & Leopold, but this isn't quite the same. This movie puts more effort into character development than the development of the emotional bond which we've seen movie after movie emphasize. It's a welcome change, and I found that the ending stands on its own as the perfect message of how to embrace death, for nothing but the mere futility of fighting against it.

The themes, the struggles of the time traveler's wife as she copes with the realization that she truly has no power to decide on her own, just as the time traveler himself doesn't, all make for a wondrous movie where nobody truly knows what comes next and everyone is kept on the edge of their seat, waiting for the climactic moment that was hyped up time and again throughout the movie, hoping that destiny would change, but unaffected, and actually accepting of its unchanged manner.

Clash of the Titans 3D - 2/10

There are certain expectations anyone has going into a movie. One of them being the fact that you're about to see something original, and if not, the big screen should make for a good experience that you can't get at home. With some god forsaken miracle (no puns intended), this movie failed at both. All the way from the storyline which is a terribly outplayed, and replayed scenario of Greek mythology with no plot twists, all the way to the terrible visual effects that seemed shaky instead of smooth, to the sound effects and audio channels that I continued to count no more than 5 out of the 7, time and again, I have no idea why this movie was so acclaimed and hyped up.

The cast and directors didn't take any risks with the script, the plotline, or the character outlines, which made for a terrible movie experience for fanatics of the normal genre, and made it look like a higher quality replay of "Percy Jackson and the Olympians," from earlier on in the year. It will be a hit, simply because no risks were made, and all the elements of a successful summer blockbuster are present, but as what is probably the only good quote from the movie says, "There comes a time where someone has to make a stand, and where someone has to say enough," and that time is now. I keep hoping that eventually a director would take enough risks with one of these movies to revolutionize the way they play out. Nobody critiqued Tarantino's Inglorious Basterds' re-scripting of the Nazi regime's fall, I'm sure nobody would bother seeing some Greek mythology movie norms being rewritten for the big screen.

freak12345
04-11-2010, 07:50 PM
latest movie i've watched on a cinema is Clash of the Titans... the movie is ok but the experience of watching my first 3D movie is memorable (I wasn't able to watch Avatar in 3D)...

latest movie i watched at home is Sherlock Holmes (starring Robert Downey)... the movie rocks... can't wait for the sequel...

painful
04-11-2010, 07:58 PM
i just finished watching wall-e right now. such a beautiful movie and the whole dirty earth look is so well made. its definitely one of my favourites for a long time. the first 45mins theres hardly any talking, that was what i loved about the movie.

huwia
04-11-2010, 09:46 PM
clash of the titans in 2d

it sucked becoz it was in 2d , i was expecting 3 d ..

glasses are not invented yet

yh830815
04-12-2010, 04:20 AM
Spartacus.Blood.and.Sand

Alaadeno0o
04-12-2010, 09:54 AM
The Hang Over!
Great Movie..!

iLOVENZB
04-13-2010, 01:01 PM
clash of the titans in 2d

it sucked becoz it was in 2d , i was expecting 3 d ..

glasses are not invented yet

It's shit it 3D believe me. Read my post (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/p-clash-of-the-titans-2010-ts-xvid-kingdom-post3433809/postcount3)

It's not even a real 3D movie and quite frankly was annoying. I wish my cinema had it in 2D :(.

Clash Of The Titans: 3D conversion comes in for heavy criticism (http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/452761/clash_of_the_titans_3d_conversion_comes_in_for_heavy_criticism.html)

Bushmills
04-13-2010, 07:36 PM
Spartacus.Blood.and.Sand

I will try this one soon. should be good as i heard..

IdolEyes787
04-13-2010, 07:44 PM
It's not a movie you Thracian scum.:glagpinch:

AvailableName
04-14-2010, 04:14 AM
Armored. It wasn't that good imbo.

yoco
04-15-2010, 05:55 AM
The Lovely Bones 6/10

I expected much better movie!

Bushmills
04-15-2010, 06:09 AM
It's not a movie you Thracian scum.:glagpinch:

lol, i actually ment the old movie..
but this series should be good as well

IdolEyes787
04-15-2010, 12:51 PM
The "old " movie was simply called Spartacus without the Blood and Sand addendum .
Actually I was reading up on Historical Spartacus hoping to get a little insight into the series season finale and I started remembering the original movie and how horrible Tony Curtis was in it .
Not The Son of Ali Baba or The Black Shield of Falworth "Yonder lies the castle of my fad-dah." bad but pretty darn close.God only knows why the studios thought continually putting some punk from Brooklyn in historically dramas was a good idea. :ermm:
Although Burt Lancaster another New Yorker rocked my socks off in The Flame and the Arrow and to a lesser degree in Crimson Pirate.

epiGR
04-15-2010, 02:58 PM
Equilibrium, second time. It was worth it.

fenerbahce
04-17-2010, 09:46 AM
I watched Eragon.

yh830815
04-17-2010, 04:32 PM
Suicide.Girls.Guide.To.Living.2009.720p.BluRay.x264-HALCYON

iLOVENZB
04-17-2010, 04:53 PM
In the Name of the King ... (2007)

First Uwe Boll movie I've seen, absolutely hated it. Story was cliche and acting was as dry as bone. Why Jason Statham accepted the roll as farmer is beyond me.

spring62
04-18-2010, 03:05 AM
If in a cinema, it's AVATAR. Great visual effects, but the story is not as good.

The_Martinator
04-18-2010, 07:43 AM
The Transporter

It was on the TV so I thought, what the hell. The car chases are pure shit if you ask me. Even I know some things are not possible and some were shot strangely. The fight scenes were OK, I guess, the one in oil was innovative, but again the thing with the bike (I guess it's all possible for Statham). The asian girl was pretty hot, tho.

5/10

nietos
04-18-2010, 04:28 PM
From paris with love with travolta good film with a lot of blood ^^ travolta is totaly crazy in this film ;p

killuminati96
04-19-2010, 12:37 AM
Crazy on the Outside

7/10

funny movie with Tim Allen

iLOVENZB
04-19-2010, 08:25 AM
^^^ You actually enjoyed it? I'd give it a 6/10, still a nice family movie.

I just wish they showed a bit more about his piracy life. They showed a snippet of a auto-disk loader and that was it.

paniks
04-20-2010, 03:55 PM
date night 9/10
a great movie from tina fey and steve carell

napalm1773
04-20-2010, 11:03 PM
The last movie I watched was a short film called 2081. It's based off of a short story and I enjoyed it. For those who have read Kurt Vonnegut's Harrison Bergeron its a must see!

pineappleseeds
04-25-2010, 01:20 AM
2012... the visuals were okay but the storyline and acting were horrible, 2 hours of a waste IMO.

AceofSpace
04-25-2010, 02:39 AM
Just watched the Leap year and it was pretty good.

HokageNaruto
04-25-2010, 05:42 AM
Clash of the Titans. Not very good :\

jiangnan
04-25-2010, 06:31 AM
The Prestige.

magicpsycho
04-25-2010, 08:15 AM
Cinema Paradiso, IMHO Movie has got the bast ending in the movie history

MagicNakor
04-26-2010, 08:45 PM
Toy Story 2. Yeah, a little behind the times. ;) Not quite as good as the first but very enjoyable nonetheless. The reappearance of the little martians was especially cute.

:shuriken:

dag128
04-27-2010, 01:01 AM
Just watched The Last Starfighter. And well, not the best I've seen.

megabyteme
04-27-2010, 01:52 AM
Ca$h (2010) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1106860/

Overall, not a bad movie. The story is pretty simple- a struggling husband and wife find a suitcase filled with a large amount of money. The owners want it ALL back- every cent that belongs to them.

Worth watching. The action does slow at times, but it is mostly necessary for the plot. 7/10.

*note* Most site searches have trouble with the $. Search for cash and you shouldn't have too much trouble.

The_Martinator
04-27-2010, 08:45 AM
The Sword and the Sorcerer

If I were 16 right now, I'd say that this movie is the coolest of all time. I mean, c'mon a 3 bladed sword that can shoot 2 blades, a sorcerer that doesn't have balls as a weak spot but has them in the methaphorical sense, a girl that kicks everyone in the nuts, lots of macho stuff,... Where can you go wrong? Well, at a lot of places, but mostly it's prolly me getting older and wanting more from movies. I thought the soundtrack was good, though.

6/10

megabyteme
04-27-2010, 10:37 AM
David Lynch's Blue Velvet (1986) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0090756/

The film is a well known classic. If you are a true movie lover, you need to see it.

The setting gives the movie the film a bit of an outdated look. This was intentional (as is everything in a Lynch film), as it was a mid-80's film with a set in the '60s. There are strong contrasts through the entire show- innocence/cruelty, love/violence, peaceful/turmoil, many more... Look for them as you watch.

I am intentionally being vague because I don't want to give any of the film away. As with Mulholland Dr., there is plenty to explore in this film. Once you get past the surface, not all of the world- or the film is easy to view. However, can you look away?

Enjoyed it for the contrasts and certainly a precursor to American Beauty. Deserving of an 8/10.

IdolEyes787
04-27-2010, 12:12 PM

If I were 16 right now, I'd say that this movie is the coolest of all time. I mean, c'mon a heroine with very large breasts .

9/10
fixed

I can't believe you dug this up out of whatever shallow grave it had been buried in but I'm impressed .:ohmy:
Having not seen it in like 20 years I forgot about the sword and the villain but I remember this scene perfectly- "That's a small threat. That's a very small threat".
You know in a lot of ways this movie is really similar to the much better known "Beastmaster" that came out around the same time but for my money at least The Sword and The Sorcerer if not a better movie ( which it is) is at least a lot more fun.And agreed for a 12-16 year old boy about the perfect movie.

snaketop
04-27-2010, 12:41 PM
DayBreakers "http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0433362/" ,,, :)

The_Martinator
04-27-2010, 03:30 PM

If I were 16 right now, I'd say that this movie is the coolest of all time. I mean, c'mon a heroine with very large breasts .

9/10
fixed

I can't believe you dug this up out of whatever shallow grave it had been buried in but I'm impressed .:ohmy:
Having not seen it in like 20 years I forgot about the sword and the villain but I remember this scene perfectly- "That's a small threat. That's a very small threat".
You know in a lot of ways this movie is really similar to the much better known "Beastmaster" that came out around the same time but for my money at least The Sword and The Sorcerer if not a better movie ( which it is) is at least a lot more fun.And agreed for a 12-16 year old boy about the perfect movie.

How could I have forgotten the breasts??!! :pinch:

I've heard of the Beastmaster when I heard of this movie too and that was when I was searching for info about fantasy movies of the 80s. There was actually a list of really bad ones, but I can't seem to find it atm. I watched some trailers and decided that this one was the one to go. Of course I have to rewatch Conan the Barbarian also.

Good to know you're impressed, but TBH I was counting on you not knowing the movie. :angry:

IdolEyes787
04-27-2010, 04:33 PM
fixed

How could I have forgotten the breasts??!! :pinch:

I've heard of the Beastmaster when I heard of this movie too and that was when I was searching for info about fantasy movies of the 80s. There was actually a list of really bad ones, but I can't seem to find it atm. I watched some trailers and decided that this one was the one to go. Of course I have to rewatch Conan the Barbarian also.

Good to know you're impressed, but TBH I was counting on you not knowing the movie. :angry:
Besides Beastmaster( which really ain't that bad ) who might consider giving Krull a try .Not my particular cup of tea and really 80's but it has a strong following in certain circles.(Btw interestingly all these movies also give the hero an unique "cool" weapon).
Anyway it was directed by Peter Yates who knows a thing or two about movies ( Bullit,The Friends of Eddie Coyle,The Dresser ,Breaking Away-biking racing ftw) and some truly (inadvertently) hilarious early work by Liam Neeson and Robbie Coltrane .
Other than that I really like LadyHawke (Rutger Hauer- usually the villain makes the perfect hero here and personally for sheer gorgeous I don't think anyone's ever out-done Michele Pfieffer in this )but it's "quirky " not always in a good way and more romantic than true adventure so I don't know if you'd share my opinion.
Also definitely Legend is you haven't seen it( Ridley Scott's mostly failed attempt but visually stunning nonetheless- just be sure to get the version with the Tangerine Dream soundtrack) or Labyrinth if only for David Bowie in a fright wig and - ped alert - a very young Jennifer Connelly.
And Highlander(only the original - but then "there can be only one":rolleyes:) or "now for something completely different" ( intentionally Python reference) the truly hilariously Time Bandits.

Or if you are up for animated The Last Unicorn - although the book is a million or so times better .

Or you could just watch Robin and Marion http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0075147/
(http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0075147/)and see that true heroism isn't as easily defined as most movies would have you believe.

(http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0075147/)There are other films of course ,Willow ( which personally I think is a piece of shit) and Dragonslayer ( too mean-spirited and Peter McNichol of Numbers to you Ally McBeal to me fame isn't much of a hero athough like the guy who plays Ducky( David McCallum) on NCIS you will be shocked how different he looks now as opposed to when he was a young man) but I can't off the top of my head think of any others that I'd especially recommend..
(http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0075147/)

megabyteme
04-27-2010, 06:37 PM
If there is any chance you haven't seen it, Princess Bride http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0093779/ belongs on that list...

IdolEyes787
04-27-2010, 06:45 PM
I thought about adding it but it didn't seem in line with the others.Terrific movie though.
All together now "My name is Inigo Montoya . You killed my father ...."

@megabyteme watch Breaking Away or I'll kill you.

Tutela
04-27-2010, 09:04 PM
Just skipped studying for my exams to watch all 6 star wars films one after another today and last night..... *drool*

Need I say any more? :P

The_Martinator
04-27-2010, 09:35 PM
I tried to watch Krull and couldn't finnish it. It was just... weird. I've seen the Princess Bride. Say anything you want, but I still think Peter Falk stole the show. :lol:

I've seen legend and it all ain't bad (believe it or not, I saw it as a kid it was on on a sunday morning as part of the local kids TV show). It would have been better without Tom Cruise, lol.

I've seen the first Highlander and it is very good and Queen is one of my fav bands....

I've also seen Dragonslayer and Willow and both were not but but not good either IMO. The dragon in Dragonslayer was pretty cool though.

Ladyhawke has been on my to watch list for a while and now so is The last unicorn and Robin and Marion.

Might I suggest you guys a movie? Dragonheart. It's not great, but I thought it was pretty good.

IdolEyes787
04-27-2010, 09:52 PM
Might I suggest you guys a movie? Dragonheart. It's not great, but I thought it was pretty good.

I actually really like Dragonheart .Sure some of it isn't great but the part in the rain at Avalon where Dennis Quaid regains his faith is one of my favorite scenes ever ( I know I'm lame)
Also who with an ounce sensitivity isn't moved by the ending.

And The Last Unicorn I'm telling you read the book ,it's fairly short and it while takes a few chapters to get going ( and changes tone several times ) but you won't regret it .

megabyteme
04-28-2010, 02:58 AM
@megabyteme watch Breaking Away or I'll kill you.

I searched and could not find I'll Kill You. Any chance for a link? Sounds FAR better than that silly biking movie...

I've found Breaking Away (actually have seen it long ago), and will give it a watch tonight.

The_Martinator
04-28-2010, 07:17 AM

I actually really like Dragonheart .Sure some of it isn't great but the part in the rain at Avalon where Dennis Quaid regains his faith is one of my favorite scenes ever ( I know I'm lame)
Also who with an ounce sensitivity isn't moved by the ending.

And The Last Unicorn I'm telling you read the book ,it's fairly short and it while takes a few chapters to get going ( and changes tone several times ) but you won't regret it .

I have lots of reading to do atm, but I'll remember to get the book in the summer. Thanks for the suggestion.

And one more thing, if dragons could talk, all their vioces would be that of Sean Connery. :lol:

megabyteme
04-28-2010, 12:00 PM
Breaking Away (1979)

A very well done, and enjoyable "underdog" story centered in an Indiana city. Over the years, there has been a class struggle between the college kids and the working class who cut the stone to make the town what it is.

Each year, the city hosts some notable cycling events. The showdown is waged against the well-conditioned college team and the struggling to find their place, "Cutters".

Anyone who has ever realized the joys of cycling will admire several of the well-shot training scenes. Of course, like any good sports-based movie, the final race will have you rooting for the "underdogs"...

Solid 7.5/10 for enjoyable characters and good camera work.

asinglelady
04-28-2010, 12:20 PM

TBDown
04-28-2010, 03:57 PM
(500 days of summer) Is great

rabie1981
04-29-2010, 04:39 PM
avater

IdolEyes787
04-29-2010, 05:00 PM
Just as well I gave up trying or I'd probably be screaming about now.

megabyteme
04-29-2010, 08:34 PM
avater

This one hurts my brain a bit. :(

04-30-2010, 09:55 PM
The last movie I saw and liked was The Crazies...

http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi3310486041/

OdourlessHobo
05-01-2010, 02:33 AM
I saw Date Night a couple of weeks ago. The movie definitely brought in some laughs. If you want to have a bit of a laugh, go ahead and see it.

Hippo
05-02-2010, 02:40 AM
KICKASS. It kicked my ass.

Rart
05-02-2010, 04:03 AM
Hancock DVDRip XviD-ALLiANCE 3/10

AlexJ
05-02-2010, 09:27 AM
Last film i saw was Monty Python - Life of brian,
Great film !!!!

alfrisz
05-02-2010, 04:22 PM
"The Onion Movie" great comedy :D

IdolEyes787
05-02-2010, 04:37 PM
"The Onion Field "better movie.Comedy not so much.:(

Rart
05-03-2010, 12:33 AM
Idol didn't freak out on me :(. Have I become that transparent?

No but seriously I did watch Hancock the other day. What had a decent premise and great potential was completely ruined by what seemed like two completely different storylines horribly slapped together.

The initial storyline was great and seemed pretty unique for a superhero movie (ragtag and unruly, looking to reform, etc. etc.) and made for some pretty good laughs in the beginning of the movie. Unfortunately, the "twist" that you see near the middle of the movie pretty much completely ruined the rest of it.

It wasn't that the twist itself was bad (Although I could see it coming from a mile away), the way in which was handled was absolutely terrible. It would've been nice if it was used to further explain Hancock's background, his behavior, why he's here, etc. but instead it was used to force upon a half assed love story upon us. And when these scenes are forced into the middle of a movie with absolutely no previous background or scenes to support it, it's nearly impossible for the viewers to feel any sort of connection towards it. Finally, when it shifts from a decent superhero flick into some massive almost mythological fight scene with weather controlling, exaggerated motions, random, entirely unexplained and completely out of character actions and other shit, it left me scratching my head as to what the fuck I was watching. It felt as if the movie had made an extreme left turn and never quite returned.

Another quibble I had with the movie is that it is never explained why the hell EVERYONE KEPT ON FUCKING WITH HIM. The hilarious "head up your ass" scene was a result of criminals having a bone to pick with him, and the final, "dramatic" end scene (which also, made absolutely no sense), was based on a disgruntled criminal seeking revenge. Maybe this part of the story could be further developed if they were some sort of an enemy that had knew him previously and knew some of his weaknesses, or kryptonite per say. But they were completely "normal" criminals, very keenly aware of his superhero abilities, and yet constantly sending themselves on seemingly suicidal attempts at doing some sort of harm towards. Great maybe, if every criminal mastermind in the world had suicidal tendencies and absolutely no sense of logic.

A great first half of the movie, ruined by a trudging second half that left me waiting for some redeeming quality that never came.

3/10.

killuminati96
05-03-2010, 01:25 AM

It had a good story, good characters and good action.

Daniel_30
05-03-2010, 01:41 AM
clash of the titan
Excellent story by the design fees

ted
05-03-2010, 01:47 AM
Repo Men. I felt like the movie was trying to do too much. There are loads of eye candy mixed with attempts at conveying deep moral themes, but for some reason the whole thing felt shallow. There's so much action throughout the film, but at the end (especially after that ending) I felt like 'wtf did I just watch?'.

IdolEyes787
05-03-2010, 02:16 AM
Idol didn't freak out on me :(. Have I become that transparent?

As a matter of fact yes . You are about as convincing as Wil Smith pretending to be black.

Now kratos2342 is an entirely different matter . I only wish Hancock was here so that he could shove 2342's head up his ass.

clocker
05-03-2010, 04:30 AM
clash of the titan
This post was edited?

One shudders.

megabyteme
05-03-2010, 05:59 AM
clash of the titan
This post was edited?

One shudders.

The unedited post teetered on absolute brilliance! It was an examination of gods and mythical heroes resurrected for modern times. The crux was the influence of our societies and our need for these symbols.

I really wish someone was wise enough to save a copy- I unfortunately, was too busy trying to grasp the full depth of the piece and (I am a bit embarrassed to say) looking up some of the complex, yet non-superfluous wordage.

Gilliene
05-07-2010, 06:34 AM
Iron Man 2 was great, well imo. It was funny, and the graphics were quite good! Too bad I didn't wait for a 3d theater release though :| Kinda ended up watching it immediately after it came out on theaters.

The_Martinator
05-09-2010, 12:59 PM
I saw Avatar in HD. I'm not gonna say it doesn't look good, but I am gonna say some of the characters were way too 80s cartoon styled, like the Colonel. It has its ups and downs and even without the CGI it would have been an OK movie. But nothing more than that.

5,9/10

Beeker
05-09-2010, 09:36 PM
kick ass the movie was hilarious and action packed really good for the kids and family/friends to watch with

clocker
05-09-2010, 10:00 PM
kick ass the movie was hilarious and action packed really good for the kids and family/friends to watch with
The kids?

j2k4
05-10-2010, 12:24 AM
Just watched the British (2007) version of Death at a Funeral so I wouldn't have to watch the new American one.

Fucking hilarious, can't imagine the new one is better, though I really would like to know the opinion of one Peter Dinklage, who stars in both.

megabyteme
05-15-2010, 07:58 AM
I had heard The Blind Side was good, but I held off for quite a while before giving it a try. Much to my astonishment, it IS actually good.

I avoided it because I expected it to be filled with stereotypical characters and a told-a-thousand-times storyline. It was. However, each of these characters was quite likable and the story keeps from going over-the-top. I am not a big fan of Sandra Bollock, and I SERIOUSLY hate Kathy Bates- yet they somehow worked in this film! There is even a freckle-faced, clever kid (usually brings me to gagging) who doesn't ruin it for me.

Maybe I am going soft, or senile, but I give this movie an 8/10.

bigdaddydude
05-15-2010, 05:49 PM
The latest movie I watched was "Clash of the Titans" in 3D. That was totally awesome!

bangtango
05-15-2010, 06:30 PM
It was The Hurt Locker

IdolEyes787
05-15-2010, 06:33 PM
That would be the part about what you watched......

killuminati96
05-18-2010, 09:03 PM
Leap Year 7/10

It could of been funnier, but I liked it.

Wrong
05-19-2010, 03:01 AM
Iron man 2
That was awesome. I think so

IdolEyes787
05-19-2010, 01:41 PM
Iron man 2
That was awesome. I think so

I saw the movie yesterday and I did not like it. Too slow and boring, only a few action scenes.:unsure:

McBride
05-19-2010, 03:21 PM
Freddy vs. Jason
2/10

mr. nails
05-19-2010, 06:22 PM
Freddy vs. Jason
2/10

Freddy Vs Jason kicked ass! u wanna see something even better check out Jason X!

megabyteme
05-19-2010, 09:44 PM
Cut (2010) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1390403/

It was a low-budget horror with a novel idea that made it worth watching. It was shot in a continuous, un-cut scene that follows a group of five friends who meet in a remote cabin.

The acting was mediocre, and the plot thin, but I give the camera (wo)man credit for tying it all together. A decent idea and worthy of my curiosity.

Not a good movie, so 4/10.

--------------------------------------------

Also saw Iron Man 2. Like you need a link...

It has plenty of weaknesses, and you know what it is about. Most of the actors fulfill their end of the bargain. SJ looked awesome in that tight outfit. RDJ appeared sober! And Samuel Jackson looked cool with an eye patch.

Wait for a good copy to come out and give it a viewing, or sneak into the theater without paying. It's worthy of your time, but Hollywood doesn't deserve you money. :P 7/10

MBM
05-20-2010, 06:22 PM
Nice reviews, megabyteme! I really wish more people put effort into their posts, like you. You are awesome! :D

tsiparamai
05-21-2010, 08:39 AM
I watched Robin Hood in theaters the other day.
It was a good movie overall but I felt that it was really long, but then again, it had Russell Crowe in it, and he tends to have several dramatic speeches in his movies. I liked the fact that it was a background to the old hero we all know and love.

mindlock
05-21-2010, 10:19 AM
The Protector 2005......9/10......the plot and story were as dumb as hell, but I've never seen, never seen martial arts like Tony Jaa performed in this movie, they were breath taking. There's a scene where he climbs these steps and fights guy after guy. The scene is the most amazing martial arts scene I've ever seen. A must watch for any martial arts genre fan.

The_Martinator
05-21-2010, 02:12 PM
The Protector 2005......9/10......the plot and story were as dumb as hell, but I've never seen, never seen martial arts like Tony Jaa performed in this movie, they were breath taking. There's a scene where he climbs these steps and fights guy after guy. The scene is the most amazing martial arts scene I've ever seen. A must watch for any martial arts genre fan.

You need to watch this: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0368909/

Thank me later... :shifty:

Nufek
05-21-2010, 02:16 PM
The losers - just one word, fantastic :D

killuminati96
05-21-2010, 04:16 PM
The Messenger 7/10

was a little boring

MusicMyLife
05-21-2010, 04:19 PM
Stargate

elsayed
05-21-2010, 09:40 PM
i just watched law abiding citizen & i should say it's really good & the idea of the movie is new atleast to me
i didn't expect it's a tunnel under his prison but at the end he gerrard butler proved his idea

megabyteme
05-22-2010, 05:58 AM
Solomon Kane (2009) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0970452/

A very much under-rated film. Personally, I found it to be quite good. It reminded me of some earlier sword-and-sorcery movies from my childhood (Beast Master, Conan), but had a harder, more dark edge to it.

There are plenty of solid elements throughout- redemption, good vs evil, faith, along with modern special effects and down-and-dirty sword fights.

I try to not over-rate films here, but that said, I give this a very solid 8.5/10. As for the Van Hellsing comparisons- don't give them a second thought. This movie is miles beyond what that waste of time could even hope for...Enjoy.

The_Martinator
05-22-2010, 08:26 AM
The trailer looks pretty good, MBM. Will check it out. I'm a fan of sword and sorcery too.

Btw, the last movie I saw was Walk the Line. They say it was Phoenix actually really singing in this movie. It wasn't as good as the real Johnny Cash, but it was not bad, not bad at all. The movie itself was pretty good also, but I can't say how accurate it was. It does have a happy ending in true Hollywood fashion, though...

mindlock
05-22-2010, 11:52 AM
Shutter Island 10/10.....yeah, I figured out the plot halfway through, but they still surprised me with the way it all came together at the end. It was an amazing movie, perhaps the best movie I've seen since No Country For Old Men. The acting was awesome, the score perfect, the cinematography was breath taking. This reminded me a lot of a 1950's Alfred Hitchcock thriller. Nice to bring back an old fashion thriller to the screens....

nation
05-22-2010, 02:12 PM
"The Wolfman", the story is good, i think this is very good movie
i will give : 7.5/10

Albo Da Kid
05-22-2010, 06:45 PM
Shutter Island 10/10.....yeah, I figured out the plot halfway through, but they still surprised me with the way it all came together at the end. It was an amazing movie, perhaps the best movie I've seen since No Country For Old Men. The acting was awesome, the score perfect, the cinematography was breath taking. This reminded me a lot of a 1950's Alfred Hitchcock thriller. Nice to bring back an old fashion thriller to the screens....

Great movie.

"It's better to die as a good man than to live like a monster"

That's the best movie quote I've heard in years.

Assassin1
05-22-2010, 07:29 PM
Iron Men 2 and I say Iam not the Fan .

gerey
05-22-2010, 09:13 PM
prince of persia 8/10

kooltilldend
05-24-2010, 06:39 AM
The Losers - decent movie 8/10

SCreez
05-24-2010, 10:47 AM

Detale
05-24-2010, 01:53 PM
Valhalla Rising 2/10

What a sucky movie! It looked good in the trailer and could have actually gone somewhere, instead it just sucked donkey ass!

wlrs
05-25-2010, 07:59 PM

Just saw this one. Pretty much agree with this review. I'd say 9/10 because I figured out the plot halfaway too, but then it gives you a little surprise

megabyteme
05-25-2010, 08:55 PM
Valhalla Rising 2/10

What a sucky movie! It looked good in the trailer and could have actually gone somewhere, instead it just sucked donkey ass!

:lol: This one caught my eye (pun intended regarding the main character :P ), but I waited a couple of days before grabbing it. A few of the early downloaders had said, "terrible", "boring", or "waste of time" and I dismissed them as just the normal ingrates. However, as I read through the next two pages of comments, I kept seeing the same things. It must TRULY suck.

bonkers
05-25-2010, 09:13 PM
the wolfman basic stroy line but very good effects nice if you like that type of thing 8/10

cinephilia
05-25-2010, 09:44 PM
Valhalla Rising 2/10

:lol: This one caught my eye (pun intended regarding the main character :P ), but I waited a couple of days before grabbing it. A few of the early downloaders had said, "terrible", "boring", or "waste of time" and I dismissed them as just the normal ingrates. However, as I read through the next two pages of comments, I kept seeing the same things. It must TRULY suck.
same here. the trailer caught my eyes but the comments and the cover made me change my mind completely.

lemonz
05-26-2010, 04:11 PM
indentidy(good one)

NETVIRUS
05-27-2010, 02:59 AM
Iron man 2 i have liked great action

Assassin1
05-27-2010, 04:52 AM

mr. nails
05-27-2010, 05:07 AM
Unthinkable - 2010

starring Samual Jackson and Lucian from the Underworld films. Sammy plays an interrogator that does everything possible (unthinkable) to get Lucian to spill the beans on where the hell he's planted the 3 bombs at in the U.S. of A.

i dug it and it kept me interested throughout the film. if you don't think you can watch 90 mins of a guy being torchered in a chair don't watch this. it's not gory, but you'd understand wtf is going on.

the trailer does not do the film any justice at all. 6/10

pIpenejMR8I

wlckd1
05-27-2010, 06:16 AM
book of eli in 720p decent movie even with its religious undertones

pint76o
05-28-2010, 04:39 AM
Last one was The Wolfman (2010), it was very good, maybe 7/10 it reminds me of Van Helsing.

crespo9
05-28-2010, 08:46 AM
14 Blades (2010),it is really good,actions and graphics effort are good,the drama is also good.

IdolEyes787
05-28-2010, 12:33 PM
Last one was The Wolfman (2010), it was very good, maybe 7/10 it reminds me of Van Helsing.

Then it isn't good.

dalin
05-29-2010, 01:27 AM
Last one is When in Rome (2010)

I think its pretty good. It's a romantic movie but also funny.

kavros
05-29-2010, 03:41 PM
blow 8/10

The story of George Jung, the man who established the American cocaine market in the 1970'

FatBob
05-29-2010, 09:28 PM
blow 8/10

The story of George Jung, the man who established the American cocaine market in the 1970'

wow , i really got to see that movie ...