Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: A question to the ScT staff leader Feeling

deadalive1's Avatar VS ***** BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Martinator View Post
    I thought about that too. Since I don't care about pre times, I always wonder to what extent other people do. But
    It's about the e-peen, don't you know that it gives people a rise that they got a file 1 second faster than the next person or site?
    Please do not randomly PM asking for invites as I have none to give out. Have a nice day.

2. BitTorrent   -   #92
    hotshot6473's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by deadalive1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Martinator View Post
    I thought about that too. Since I don't care about pre times, I always wonder to what extent other people do. But
    It's about the e-peen, don't you know that it gives people a rise that they got a file 1 second faster than the next person or site?
    Its not about e-peen for most people. I won't be active on a site that does not do a quality job getting out releases.

3. BitTorrent   -   #93
    Benjamin's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Disme View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hotshot6473 View Post
    Well I assume most people around the world do not go out and party on Sunday nights or probably even some week nights. I would kill myself if I had to go to work with a hangover.
    You're not getting my point ... it's not about a sunday or a saturday ... it doesn't matter what day it is.

It doesn't have to be limited to partying either... I was actually asking if the people that value the pré-times so much, would for example deny or cancel some kind of party or family-dinner/celebration because their tv-show is about to be pré'd that night.

I have difficulties understanding people that would do that.

I meant to find the reasoning behind the fact you value a movie or a tv-show that much that you HAVE to watch it the minute it get's pré'd.

Bottom line is I have no problem waiting a day or even a week to watch something since it is just entertainment ...
    You seriously know anyone who does this? That's some OCD shit. That's why bittorent is useful because you don't always have to be there when your favorite show airs, you can always download it later. I'm just saying when I am not busy, I like to get my show quick after it releases.
    Last edited by Benjamin; 09-22-2009 at 05:26 PM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #94
    deadalive1's Avatar VS ***** BT Rep: +2
    That is a copout...

That's like when a guy says to a girl "it isn't you, it's me" or when someone says it isn't about the money (when in fact it is almost always about the money).
    Please do not randomly PM asking for invites as I have none to give out. Have a nice day.

5. BitTorrent   -   #95
    hotshot6473's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by deadalive1 View Post
    That is a copout...

That's like when a guy says to a girl "it isn't you, it's me" or when someone says it isn't about the money (when in fact it is almost always about the money).
    Lol why is it a copout. I want my stuff as fast as possible with really no interruptions when it comes to 0day. It's really not that hard to understand. For a 0day there are really only 2 things go into its quality. Speed and amount of content uploaded. If a site can't compete in these two areas and doesn't have any other purpose then ti is simply not a quality site.

I don't sit around all day and wait for shit to be released but if I am online and I see something get pre'd on a irc channel and a site isn't getting it and others are then I just find that frustrating. Especially with TV shows and 360 games.

6. BitTorrent   -   #96
    KushBlow's Avatar Zen BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Yeah I get why some of you don't care about pretimes, but no need to call other people pre whores because of it.

Example: I wait for Entourage to pre on Sundays because I don't have HBO. The pre is usually around 12am. Note that it's a Sunday and I have class on Monday. In this case I search for a good pre time. The other sites that pre it an hour or 2 late would be too much for me as I get up at 7. And with a good pre I watch it until around 1am, afterwards going to sleep.

Could I watch it on Monday the next day? Yes I could but why wait for something that's readily available. Do I go to parties, or hang out with people? No, because it's a Sunday evening and I've partied too hard on Saturday.

So in my dilemma the pre-time does matter. Otherwise I don't give a shit.

7. BitTorrent   -   #97
    Tokeman's Avatar Ron Paul 2012 BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Pretimes dont matter much to me, except for the same example as above. But for me, as long as its within an hour, no sweat.

I have noticed a few releases that are not 'scene', but always make it onto my 0 day trackers since there doesn't seem to be a 'scene' capper, sometimes taking days to be up'd, forcing me to find the source to get a same day release. But if it wasn't a 24+ hour delay, I wouldn't have cared.
    Last edited by Tokeman; 09-22-2009 at 08:00 PM.

8. BitTorrent   -   #98
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by KushBlow View Post
    Yeah I get why some of you don't care about pretimes, but no need to call other people pre whores because of it.

Example: I wait for Entourage to pre on Sundays because I don't have HBO. The pre is usually around 12am. Note that it's a Sunday and I have class on Monday. In this case I search for a good pre time. The other sites that pre it an hour or 2 late would be too much for me as I get up at 7. And with a good pre I watch it until around 1am, afterwards going to sleep.

Could I watch it on Monday the next day? Yes I could but why wait for something that's readily available. Do I go to parties, or hang out with people? No, because it's a Sunday evening and I've partied too hard on Saturday.

Face facts God does not want people to watch Entourage.After all he is a wise and benevolent deity.

9. BitTorrent   -   #99
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    here goes my very important contribution to the topic as it goes now:

1. yes, i do go out sometimes on sunday. for the record, only a couple of places are open at night, and that's where most of the "night" people meets, especially strippers, whose clubs are always closed at sunday and have nowhere to go party on their day off. yes, sunday is great fun.

2. i never ever used a IRC channel to see if something got pre'd . I've quit IRC since 1995, when i was a 19 year old boy, because even back then i noticed it was ruining my social life. so i uninstalled the good old mirc.

3. pre-times mean shit to me. if i was a no lifer, and spent all my day in front of my home computer, maybe, and only maybe, it could assume some importance to me. The way i do it now, i go check the torrent sites a maximum of 2 times per day,usually going there only once to put to download what interests me and was released during the previous day.

4. glad to see you around here, Disme, the belgian !

10. BitTorrent   -   #100
    KushBlow's Avatar Zen BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by KushBlow View Post

Face facts God does not want people to watch Entourage.After all he is a wise and benevolent deity.
    But I still manage to watch it, just not without the pretime conflict.

And you getting religous, interesting . I just hope it doesn't transorm to the likes of this;

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast