PDA

View Full Version : Last one to post wins the internets (archived)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22]

megabyteme
01-18-2014, 08:25 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIdp--mBdi0

TheFoX
01-19-2014, 01:45 AM
Well that made fuck all sense.....

Well, what did you expect? It's a Dion post, which means we lose meaning in translation. Even if Dion copies, then pastes, someone else's work, he somehow manages to lose the meaning between the copy and the paste. Only Dion has the innate ability to turn something meaningful into something else.

PimpInDaHouse
01-19-2014, 02:57 AM
:blink:

Rev666
01-19-2014, 04:13 AM
:)

julesdrools
01-19-2014, 04:17 AM
Smooches

runvus
01-19-2014, 04:27 AM
:)

souja9
01-19-2014, 04:53 AM
:whistling

izzykasha
01-19-2014, 11:32 AM
You can no longer have the internet - it's alive I tell you....ALIVE!!!!

Last one to post gets $20.

Starting a new thread.

If you don't know the rules then there's <1% chance you will win anyway.

If you do I'll tell you.

jaycboy
01-19-2014, 11:44 AM
good thread made me laff

IdolEyes787
01-19-2014, 01:45 PM
The important thing here is that dion read half an article about it, he might even watch the crowd funded documentary about it if it ever gets released, or he might even watch a trailer for it on youtube. Or he might even bookmark the trailer. Or he might even watch Taylor Swift music videos on youtube. Worst case scenario, he gets a new laptop and doesn't back-up his bookmarks. But Taylor Swifts music will live on, and that's what’s important here.

Hoi Mulder,you seem like the thoughtful type.The kind of guy who while playing Splinter Cell ponders larger questions like " Is the real reason that Sam Fisher seemingly needs to try and solve all his problems through violence stem from the fact that he's repressing his latent homosexuality?" and stuff equally mindy.

Anyway what I really want to ask you is ,let's say you went totally mental and decided to have a dinner party at your new house with people from FST as the guests.
Given the choice and you had to pick only one,would you invite Dionnumbernumbernumberetc or OlegL and why?

IdolEyes787
01-19-2014, 01:47 PM
And that every post on this site is either NBZ spam or devoted to Word Games I now officially know the meaning of hell.

guyverjay
01-19-2014, 01:52 PM
I suggest that this thread is closed.....so I can win

megabyteme
01-19-2014, 01:56 PM
And that every post on this site is either NBZ spam or devoted to Word Games I now officially know the meaning of hell.

At least something good came from all the whining. :happy:

SgtMajor
01-19-2014, 02:37 PM
It's an invasion, hands up for anal probing if it's an alien inspired one.

IdolEyes787
01-19-2014, 02:40 PM

At least something good came from all the whining. :happy:

Your wife said some similar in reference to your sex life when she found out she was pregnant.

gman75
01-19-2014, 09:18 PM
I know ... everyone's a winner

u8ntish
01-19-2014, 09:29 PM
madness!

dion09529
01-19-2014, 10:24 PM
in other words... In late 2010 and early 2011, Aaron Swartz downloaded a large number of scientific articles from JSTOR, with the intention of making them public. At the age of 24, Swartz had more action in favor of freedom of information, the most important probably being involved in stopping SOPA the very harsh and abusive bill to combat "piracy", and publication 2.7 million legal documents that were public in theory, but in practice could only be accessed in a very expensive manner. Also, he was the author of a short and comprehensive manifesto against limiting the access to information and knowledge.

If for the last action, the publication of legal documents, the FBI failed, ultimately, to find sufficient legal grounds to impeach him for downloading JSTOR articles, prosecutors worked very hard, Swartz's indictments blamed on totaling 50 years in prison plus a huge fine. Meanwhile, prosecutors offered a sentence of six months in prison provided admitting guilt. If Swartz wouldn't have pleaded guilty and was sentenced, his lawyer argued that prosecutors should be required 7-8 years in prison, other experts said it could take more. Very significant is that the inquiry was taken from the beginning by the Secret Service, which says a lot about the importance given by the government, not just for this case, but the issue in general.

Why this indictment is tougher than the injury crimes or even death, which any normal person would consider more serious? Firstly because it's a lot of money, of course. Scientific publications's editors, make huge profits: one of the largest, Elsevier, had in 2010 a profit of 724 million pounds (about 900 million euro at that time) and a profit of not less than 36%!

megabyteme
01-19-2014, 10:37 PM
The idea of making scientific journals available to the masses is a good one. However, he did go about "solving" the problem in a rather dumbass way.

redmonkey
01-19-2014, 11:10 PM
I'd like to win.

Skiz
01-20-2014, 12:59 AM
I think Reality opened the floodgates for the stupids or something else.

Zoso183
01-20-2014, 01:39 AM
As a chemistry researcher, I fully support open journals. Especially since academic research is usually owned by the university or professor...the journal should have no exclusivity.

But hey, if someone can lock it down and make money on it, they will!

gamelink
01-20-2014, 02:38 AM
I agree with these pages

Skiz
01-20-2014, 07:03 AM
I may go all rogue and beginning banning all these accounts if this keeps up. There's no good reason why we should have a sudden surge in posts from users who signed up 4 years ago with one post under their belt, to all suddenly come back and start posting nonsense.

sharkfinger
01-20-2014, 07:09 AM
I am totally lost!

Snee
01-20-2014, 05:06 PM
I may go all rogue and beginning banning all these accounts if this keeps up. There's no good reason why we should have a sudden surge in posts from users who signed up 4 years ago with one post under their belt, to all suddenly come back and start posting nonsense.
1. Make user group that only has access to the bt section.
2. Put all of these guys in there.
3. ???
4. Serious fucking profit, to the max.

anon
01-20-2014, 05:52 PM

At risk of sounding like a douche, I'll say RealitY is really testing my patience with this shit. :dabs:

Skiz
01-20-2014, 06:48 PM
I'm not sure if he did anything or not. I shot him a PM asking about it so we'll see. Maybe he sent out one of those mass "we haven't seen you in a while" emails.

I guess I'll leave all the accts and posts. I thought for sure some spam links and posts would follow but for the most part they seem to be legit posts.

dion09529
01-20-2014, 08:21 PM
If for the last action, the publication of legal documents, the FBI failed, ultimately, to find sufficient legal grounds to impeach him for downloading JSTOR articles, prosecutors worked very hard, Swartz's indictments blamed on totaling 50 years in prison plus a huge fine. Meanwhile, prosecutors offered a sentence of six months in prison provided admitting guilt. If Swartz wouldn't have pleaded guilty and was sentenced, his lawyer argued that prosecutors should be required 7-8 years in prison, other experts said it could take more. Very significant is that the inquiry was taken from the beginning by the Secret Service, which says a lot about the importance given by the government, not just for this case, but the issue in general.

Why this indictment is tougher than the injury crimes or even death, which any normal person would consider more serious? Firstly because it's a lot of money, of course. Scientific publications's editors, make huge profits: one of the largest, Elsevier, had in 2010 a profit of 724 million pounds (about 900 million euro at that time) and a profit of not less than 36%!

For this money, obviously the companies have strong political influence, making an effective lobby for more restrictive rules as to access to information. Elsevier promoted these restrictions not only for privately produced content (however, much of the scientific content is based on public money), and for a aberrant bill that would be completely eliminated public access to information produced from public money.

anon
01-20-2014, 08:59 PM
I'm not sure if he did anything or not. I shot him a PM asking about it so we'll see. Maybe he sent out one of those mass "we haven't seen you in a while" emails.

Check the team chat.

mjmacky
01-20-2014, 09:23 PM
WARNING: This is a boring, informative perspective on scientific research and money.

Currently, the scientific publication industry relies mostly on institutional subscription services. Just like the absurd cost of healthcare in the U.S., the ridiculously high price points have been masked within a game between players with big pockets. If you are the average person who would like to read an article, you would pay $31–$47 to read that one article from their website, and some of them restrict access to it for only a couple of days for the price you pay. Most of us that read these take advantage of our university's subscriptions and interlibrary loaning systems to gain access. One of the practices, which is emailing a copy of the PDFs to each other, is considered copyright infringement, thus this common practice is illegal. This behavior is akin to the lunacy intelligent filesharers observe with the distribution of entertainment media.

There are costs associated with getting your research published, but these are covered by a small percentage from sizable grants that perpetuate major financial waste in scientific research. When you are awarded a grant, an extra 50% is tacked onto it in order to pay the university's "commission". These grants are managed on a year-to-year basis for 2, 3, 5 years, etc. In order to avoid having the awarded amount reduced in subsequent years, we blow through our remaining budget each fiscal grant year (because we cannot always predict what the financial needs of the following year may encompass). Basically, this means an awarded $500,000.00 grant ends up costing $750,000.00 when the research may have really only required $200,000.00—$300,000.00. This is across the entire spectrum of scientific disciplines.

In an effort to cash in, there have been many journals that have entered the fray that simply require you to pay and subject your research to mild peer review if any. There have been plenty of takers since getting published is goal #1. It may not bring the same credibility as publishing in an esteemed journal with higher impact factors, but most would not be able to identify which are legitimate when examining another's body of work.

I had initially intended to serve as an editor of one of these "esteemed journals", but I have since switched my ambitions to get involved with an up-and-coming yet respected open access journal. However, this attitude of mine does not even score the surface of the problems of financial waste in scientific research. It's sort of a hopeless situation, but I was sympathetic to Swartz's actions at the time (sort of still). I found it incredibly saddening when I heard of his suicide, especially since the cynic in me feels its meaning would not surpass selfish reprieve in the grand scheme.

mjmacky
01-20-2014, 09:24 PM
P.S., I think we all can make a couple of safe assumptions why such a change took place regarding membership and privileges.

IdolEyes787
01-20-2014, 09:34 PM
P.S., I think we all can make a couple of safe assumptions why such a change took place regarding membership and privileges.

I'm going with someone is evil and mental.

Someone besides Rart I mean.

mjmacky
01-20-2014, 09:38 PM
I'm going with someone is evil and mental.

Someone besides Rart I mean.

Where roots ripen, foliage follows.

IdolEyes787
01-20-2014, 09:42 PM
Yeah I've seen your teeth.

Skiz
01-20-2014, 09:58 PM
Oh... (http://filesharingtalk.com/threads/455362-Having-everyone-have-two-posts-to-be-a-member)

Artemis
01-21-2014, 05:05 AM
You are inebriated by your own vituperation there aren't you mary..........

thefreak
01-21-2014, 05:06 AM
I entered one of these types of posts several years ago and was totally the last poster. So you folks are wasting your time, I've already won the Internet.....

mjmacky
01-21-2014, 08:40 AM

This is not the thread in which that symptom is expressed. The views here have been maintained even prior to the aforementioned events. In fact, this could very well have been a repeat post.

IdolEyes787
01-21-2014, 01:03 PM

This is not the thread in which that symptom is expressed. The views here have been maintained even prior to the aforementioned events. In fact, this could very well have been a repeat post.

Luckily for you a lot of women have a bad self image and so are looking to get into an abusive relationship.

mjmacky
01-21-2014, 03:16 PM

Luckily for you a lot of women have a bad self image and so are looking to get into an abusive relationship.

I am the abused in relationships.

Mr. Mulder
01-21-2014, 04:19 PM
Cunts. :coffee:

Mr. Mulder
01-21-2014, 09:07 PM
State of Decay is such a sick game!!!1 I got home from work 4 hours ago and haven't stopped, fucking zeds.

ezzie
01-21-2014, 09:12 PM
am i the last can i have the internets? lol

Snee
01-21-2014, 11:47 PM

I guess I'll leave all the accts and posts. I thought for sure some spam links and posts would follow but for the most part they seem to be legit posts.

If posts made by the thickest people I've seen on the internets in a while count as legit, then yeah, they're some kind of posts, all right.

Check the comments here, fex. Like, what the actual fuck goes through their heads? Nothing but the wind? (http://filesharingtalk.com/nzbs/movies/xvidsd/122378-The-Hunger-Games-Catching-Fire-2013-BRRip-XViD)

norinred
01-21-2014, 11:57 PM
have i won?

Theh8ter
01-22-2014, 12:06 AM
I already won

Skiz
01-22-2014, 12:33 AM

If posts made by the thickest people I've seen on the internets in a while count as legit, then yeah, they're some kind of posts, all right.

Check the comments here, fex. Like, what the actual fuck goes through their heads? Nothing but the wind? (http://filesharingtalk.com/nzbs/movies/xvidsd/122378-The-Hunger-Games-Catching-Fire-2013-BRRip-XViD)

Jeez... everyone make sure to give Reality a big high five when you "see" him.

In a post yesterday he defended it all by saying it would ultimately encourage lurkers and NZB grabbers to post regularly now and that we "couldnt deny this is good for the site..." :mellow:

Artemis
01-22-2014, 02:37 AM
speak for yourself you selfconfessed chicken strangler......

MyRCode
01-22-2014, 02:43 AM
Did I win?

anon
01-22-2014, 02:48 AM
Jeez... everyone make sure to give Reality a big high five when you "see" him.

With my fist closed :smilie4:

megabyteme
01-22-2014, 04:53 AM
In a post yesterday he defended it all by saying it would ultimately encourage lurkers and NZB grabbers to post regularly now and that we "couldnt deny this is good for the site..." :mellow:

Well, RealtY has never been out-of-touch with the members of the site before... :whistling

Mr. Mulder
01-22-2014, 09:37 AM
speak for yourself you selfconfessed chicken strangler......

maybe if they didn't have such supple, inviting necks!!!

mchammer
01-22-2014, 11:53 AM
https://www.extremebits.org/signup.php

might be useful

Artemis
01-22-2014, 12:05 PM
Did I win?

Why yes you did, that was without a doubt the most cringingly fudgetastic post in a while. You go girl!

a1422461
01-22-2014, 04:39 PM
Hmmmm…

Skiz
01-22-2014, 05:45 PM
Did I win?

Yes, yes you did. Please post your personal info and bank account details so we can send you monies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=372Ah0Z_L1w

Mr. Mulder
01-23-2014, 11:28 AM
Dawgs. :smilie4:

had some proper dramas this morning innit, went to the mouth doctors (or "dentists" as the kids say) t'other day and they said i need a triple root canal on a single tooth and they gave me some antibiotics in the meantime, they gave me some bad aids i was up at 3am throwing up with stomach pains, shortness of breath - it was proper violent i could barely keep my cigarette lit!1 went to the docs a few hours ago and they said go home and rest and gave me some different antibiotics - so to summarize i have the whole day off work to play xbox zombies and got Fri to Mon off to move home - medical win. :smilie4:

chucklechops
01-23-2014, 12:00 PM
It's a long shot but worth a stab

Snee
01-23-2014, 12:31 PM
Did i win?

Dawgs. :smilie4:

had some proper dramas this morning innit, went to the mouth doctors (or "dentists" as the kids say) t'other day and they said i need a triple root canal on a single tooth and they gave me some antibiotics in the meantime, they gave me some bad aids i was up at 3am throwing up with stomach pains, shortness of breath - it was proper violent i could barely keep my cigarette lit!1 went to the docs a few hours ago and they said go home and rest and gave me some different antibiotics - so to summarize i have the whole day off work to play xbox zombies and got Fri to Mon off to move home - medical win. :smilie4:

Protip: Strong antibiotics may fuck with your intestinal flora for a while. You shouldn't be in pain or owt, but food may go straight through. To lessen the blow, I found that probiotic pills, those pills you can get for travelling, full of lactic bacteria wotsits, worked best. Drinking proviva and having yoghurt also halped. Basically, I tried to get as many different strains in me as possible.

I gained some weight before my gut flora was back in its previous balance, but it's not as if I'm anywhere near overweight, so.

mjmacky
01-24-2014, 02:07 AM
Drinking proviva

The last time I mentioned a probiotic drink, he couldn't get rim jobbing out of his mind.

nhung
01-24-2014, 02:31 AM
I am winning

mjmacky
01-24-2014, 02:34 AM
I am winning

Sundown...

Sometimes...

Something Else
01-24-2014, 07:39 PM
Sup internets. I'm eating BBQ flavour coated peanuts and typing at the same thyme. Win. :smilie4:

blacula
01-25-2014, 03:56 AM
Felber Shintiks, right? RIGHT? Too many y'all interested in that pain, maybe later like 3 years.

popcorn176
01-25-2014, 04:29 AM
What's at the end of this internet?

Artemis
01-25-2014, 07:29 AM
What's at the end of this internet?
After your last moronic thread in completely the wrong sub-forum, followed closely on it's heels by this little gem, I for one and hoping that before the end of this internet, you have an unfortunate accident (on youtube if possible) involving you, a catering can of cheeze whizz and ramset fastener. :blink:

chalice
01-25-2014, 12:31 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKP-XalHPx0

Skiz
01-26-2014, 05:55 PM
mbm or others who know about this stuffs:

Without much forethought, I went and bought a Sony Blu-Ray player. I now realize that it has digital coaxial audio output only. My old (but still very good in my opinion) Sony SA-VA15 speaker system basically only has RCA inputs. I thought about just returning the Blu-Ray player and sticking to analog audio for time being as it sounds fine to me, but I found 2 Polk audio m70 speakers ("gently used; great condition") on Craigslist today and the guy only wants $125 for the pair. Judging by what they run new, that seems pretty good.

Anyone have recommendations on an inexpensive receiver that'll handle the m70 speakers and the digital audio of the Blu-Ray player?

Feel free to toss all of that out and recommend whatever also.

:kiss:

Snee
01-26-2014, 06:17 PM
Wait, what?

Digital coaxial? SPDIF?

Don't those use RCA plugs? I guess you know what you're talking about wrt the amp/reciever being analog and all, but, you know, words.

edit: Since I'm at it, there are adapters between, say toslink and spdif/rca. There could be something similar between whatever it is you have.

xtraz
01-26-2014, 07:51 PM
so how do i collect my winnings?

Artemis
01-26-2014, 07:58 PM
so how do i collect my winnings?

That's easy. First you have to be dressed for the occasion. Strip down to your underwear, then go and put that ski hat with the bobble on that is hiding in the back of the closet, then go and put on a pair of oven mits. Next run out into the middle of the road, close your eyes and spread your arms wide.

Your prize will be along shortly.......

megabyteme
01-26-2014, 08:10 PM
mbm or others who know about this stuffs:

Without much forethought, I went and bought a Sony Blu-Ray player. I now realize that it has digital coaxial audio output only. My old (but still very good in my opinion) Sony SA-VA15 speaker system basically only has RCA inputs. I thought about just returning the Blu-Ray player and sticking to analog audio for time being as it sounds fine to me, but I found 2 Polk audio m70 speakers ("gently used; great condition") on Craigslist today and the guy only wants $125 for the pair. Judging by what they run new, that seems pretty good.

Anyone have recommendations on an inexpensive receiver that'll handle the m70 speakers and the digital audio of the Blu-Ray player?

Feel free to toss all of that out and recommend whatever also.

:kiss:

First off, I've got a full set of Polk Monitors (which I got from Newegg- a REALLY good place to get deals on them) an like them quite a bit. If the ones you found are in good shape, $125 is a nice deal (still try for less, though :sly: ). http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16882290208

That said, you will probably end up throwing out what you've got if you went this route. From what I can see of the speaker system/surround system https://docs.sony.com/release/SAVA15.PDF , the power and processing is in the mains, and the small satellites (those might be usable as long as they have a standard speaker connection AND they do not get overpowered by a new amp) attach out of the mains. However, a fully matched system will provide a much more continuous effect than underpowered, mismatched surrounds.

Ultimately, you would be starting a home theater system from scratch. I'd happily recommend a mid- to upper- level Onkyo receiver (I have two) for this purpose. Cheaper receivers are usually not overly satisfying long-term, and with the number of devices that can be connected if the unit has enough digital and analog inputs (optical is good sometimes, too) it can save trouble down the road, perhaps getting 10 years out of the receiver vs 5 before an upgrade is "needed".

I'd consider watching Newegg and purchase the rest of the needed Monitor line as they come on sale. I'd expect over the next 3 months they will cycle through various options of center, surrounds, etc. sometimes they will offer cherry on time then black the next. The will eventually offer what you need, though. Even if you started with a good deal on those 70's (I have 60's in my living room), then purchased the others at Newegg's regular prices, you'd still be doing pretty good price-wise. Just be aware that they do offer very frequent discounts on those. Don't forget, you will likely be inclined to add a subwoofer to your new theater.

As for what you've got, you could probably find some sort of digital-to-analog converter to the speakers system you've got, but it would probably just end up being tossed later when you did decide to upgrade your home theater. Finding a Blu-ray player with the outputs you need should not be that difficult, or expensive. Going out from digital, converting to 2-channel analog, then having your current stereo separate that back out to your speakers probably would not be ideal, anyway.

Let me know what your expected budget would be if you decided to go the direction of the new home theater. I can be more specific in helping you out then.

Skiz
01-26-2014, 08:38 PM
Wait, what?

Digital coaxial? SPDIF?

Don't those use RCA plugs? I guess you know what you're talking about wrt the amp/reciever being analog and all, but, you know, words.

edit: Since I'm at it, there are adapters between, say toslink and spdif/rca. There could be something similar between whatever it is you have.

I bought this Blu-Ray player (http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00AWKC0JM/ref=pe_385040_30332190_TE_M3T1_ST1_dp_1). You can see the audio connector in the pic below. The specs call it "digital coaxial audio output" (:idunno:) There are adapters you can buy called a DAC (Digital to Analog Converter) but they're bricks and also need external power. It's a cheap solution but somehow that just seems like a bit much to stay in the analog age. I figured if could pick up a decent alternative/upgrade, I'd just go ahead and do that instead.

Snee
01-26-2014, 09:06 PM
That looks like it fits an RCA connector.

Looks exactly like the one on the back of my parents' new TV. The TV manual said digital audio out, rca, iirc. The sound bar manual said SPDIF in. Used some random RCA old cable between them at first, before I got them a proper coaxial spdif super duper hifi cable.

edit: Buying new stuff sounds cool, though, and Onkyo, as suggested above, makes really good stuff.

Skiz
01-26-2014, 09:10 PM
That said, you will probably end up throwing out what you've got if you went this route. From what I can see of the speaker system/surround system https://docs.sony.com/release/SAVA15.PDF , the power and processing is in the mains, and the small satellites (those might be usable as long as they have a standard speaker connection AND they do not get overpowered by a new amp) attach out of the mains. However, a fully matched system will provide a much more continuous effect than underpowered, mismatched surrounds.

Ultimately, you would be starting a home theater system from scratch. I'd happily recommend a mid- to upper- level Onkyo receiver (I have two) for this purpose. Cheaper receivers are usually not overly satisfying long-term, and with the number of devices that can be connected if the unit has enough digital and analog inputs (optical is good sometimes, too) it can save trouble down the road, perhaps getting 10 years out of the receiver vs 5 before an upgrade is "needed".

I'd consider watching Newegg and purchase the rest of the needed Monitor line as they come on sale. I'd expect over the next 3 months they will cycle through various options of center, surrounds, etc. sometimes they will offer cherry on time then black the next. The will eventually offer what you need, though. Even if you started with a good deal on those 70's (I have 60's in my living room), then purchased the others at Newegg's regular prices, you'd still be doing pretty good price-wise. Just be aware that they do offer very frequent discounts on those. Don't forget, you will likely be inclined to add a subwoofer to your new theater.

In my current speaker system I used the satellite speaker years ago but these days all I use are the two mains. I don't really need or even want anything else for now. I also like having no receiver and an all internal system. It's so simple I don't know why it isn't more popular.

If I got the Polk m70's, that would be it. I'd just listen to stuffs out of those two without any additional speakers.

And back to receivers, I wouldn't need much. The only two things I'd need to plug in right now are:

Blu-Ray player
HTPC which runs it's audio with a 3.5mm cable
TV (various audio options there)

Skiz
01-26-2014, 09:23 PM
That looks like it fits an RCA connector.

Looks exactly like the one on the back of my parents' new TV. The TV manual said digital audio out, rca, iirc. The sound bar manual said SPDIF in. Used some random RCA old cable between them at first, before I got them a proper coaxial spdif super duper hifi cable.

edit: Buying new stuff sounds cool, though, and Onkyo, as suggested above, makes really good stuff.

I think it would fit an RCA but not sure it would produce any sound.

Best Buy has this thing (http://www.bestbuy.com/site/6-coaxial-audio-cable/9699089.p;jsessionid=6B8A2C7C8663782548D142004B7BC94A.bbolsp-app04-130?id=1218156148048&skuId=9699089&st=categoryid$pcmcat175600050014&cp=1&lp=1). Says "Enhance your surround sound experience with this coaxial audio cable that sends digital signals through digital (SPDIF)...." What, so now the toslink plugs/cables aren't good enough? :wacko:

But again, I'd need the DAC.

Really trying to avoid buying new stuff. Already this year I've bought a new GoPro, new PC, new Blu-Ray player amongst other items. If I can find a cheap Craigslist receiver, I might go ahead and grab that and the speakers, but I really don't want to spend much this issue.

Skiz
01-26-2014, 09:30 PM
Looking at prices for receivers on Craigslist, I think the DAC is the way to go. $600 for used speakers and receiver vs $20 adapter. :mellow:

Artemis
01-26-2014, 09:31 PM
I have to put my hand up for Onkyo as well, and I just recently upgraded too, to the TX-NR828 receiver and it is stunning, my SR607 was good, the NR828 makes it look like a very poor cousin, and there is even an IOS/Android app for controlling the NR (Network Receiver) range of Onkyo receivers, and I personally love being able to play digital content from my phone directly via DLNA using the app.

But back to Skiz.... you keep on asking about the coax digital connector when there is an HDMI connector glaring you in the face? a coax spdif connection is a poor cousin to a modern HDMI 1.4 connection. A modern receiver (another plug for Onkyo) with decent HDMI switching is going to be far superior to a SPDIF connection, and even base models give a surprising amount of functionality including internet radio integration through services like spotify and tune-in.

Snee
01-26-2014, 09:42 PM
I think it would fit an RCA but not sure it would produce any sound.

Probably wouldn't. Thing is though, just to be clear, RCA is a standard of connector that is used for a bunch of stuff. My intial gripe was that you seemed to use RCA as a stand-in for analog, while you can run a variety of signals through cables with RCA connectors. Such cables can also be coaxial, or not.

Also, wrt toslink/optical plugs, I always thought optical would have less noise and just be better, but some people seem to swear by coaxial/copper. Not quite sure if the interface is supposed to have an impact on fidelity, or what. I find audiophiles confusing.

Skiz
01-26-2014, 09:51 PM
But back to Skiz.... you keep on asking about the coax digital connector when there is an HDMI connector glaring you in the face? a coax spdif connection is a poor cousin to a modern HDMI 1.4 connection. A modern receiver (another plug for Onkyo) with decent HDMI switching is going to be far superior to a SPDIF connection, and even base models give a surprising amount of functionality including internet radio integration through services like spotify and tune-in.

The HDMI has to go to the TV tho.

Skiz
01-26-2014, 09:54 PM
I just learned a bunch with all that info but, I'm going adapter shopping.

The new system and speakers sounds nice and I'd prob enjoy it, but the price/trade off just isn't there for me. If I'd known this was going to be an issue at all, I'd prob have just gone with a 'home theater in a box'. :pinch:

Snee
01-26-2014, 11:00 PM
One thing wrt adapters: Make sure whatever you get handles DTS/Surround properly. I was shopping for one (toslink -> rca spdif) for the parents before I realised that they also had the same plugs on both units, and when I did, I found that a couple of the cheapest, most commonly available adapters had major issues with anything but stereo. So, uh, check reviews, or something.

megabyteme
01-26-2014, 11:33 PM
Ultimately, it sounds like skiz has decided to skip the receiver/ht for now.

Using his integrated stereo/main speakers unit without concern for surround sound, he can:

1. Use hdmi to the television and come out of the television via rca to his stereo/speakers. That would probably require (for consistency) connecting all of his equipment to the inputs on the television.

or

2. Use a digital to analog converter. Make sure it does coaxial digital in; rca (again, coax stereo R/L) out. This (http://www.amazon.com/Digital-Optical-Analog-audio-converter/dp/B004C4WPXA/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1390778857&sr=1-3&keywords=digital+to+analog+audio+converter) should be just fine considering you do not need surround sound. DO NOT worry about getting any kind of "special" digital coax. Any rca stereo cable is perfectly fine. Even the ones that come with vcrs, etc.

or

3. What about a possible hdmi input or coax on the back of your htpc? Do you have one? Is this a set-up you'd want (would require htpc to be on any time you would use Blu-ray)? Check for a digital input before buying a cable, of course. There are also hdmi switches which would work as an active-on input to your htpc. I've got this (http://www.amazon.com/Kinivo-301BN-Premium-wireless-adapter/dp/B0049S6ZUS/ref=sr_1_4?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1390779724&sr=1-4&keywords=hdmi+switch) one, and like it (used for a set-up prior to purchasing new receiver).

or

4. Just get a blu-ray player that has the outputs you need.

or

5. Return Blu-ray player, and buy an internal one for your htpc.

I'd prob have just gone with a 'home theater in a box'. :pinch:

Some of these units can offer quite a bit of bang-for-the-buck. Just make sure it will offer the ability to grow with you a bit. Otherwise, you'll end up back in this same boat...

megabyteme
01-26-2014, 11:38 PM
I have to put my hand up for Onkyo as well, and I just recently upgraded too, to the TX-NR828 receiver and it is stunning, my SR607 was good, the NR828 makes it look like a very poor cousin, and there is even an IOS/Android app for controlling the NR (Network Receiver) range of Onkyo receivers, and I personally love being able to play digital content from my phone directly via DLNA using the app.

Exactly what I'd recommend. Sweeeeet unit. Congrats, you won't regret it for a moment. :thumbsup:

Skiz
01-27-2014, 01:40 AM
Some of these units can offer quite a bit of bang-for-the-buck. Just make sure it will offer the ability to grow with you a bit. Otherwise, you'll end up back in this same boat...

I might just go that route and return my current unit. I'm currently shopping for something on Newegg just based on reviews. Open to suggestions... Needs t include a Blu-Ray player and be under about $250.

I'm only going to be living out of state for a few years and then I'll be moving back to my house in Texas, so I don't really mind if I just have something ample in the meantime; not worried about growing with it.

Skiz
01-27-2014, 02:55 AM
Meh. There's a bunch of junk out there it seems.

Artemis
01-27-2014, 05:06 AM

The HDMI has to go to the TV tho.

Modern receivers have multiple HDMI inputs i.e. the Onkyo TX NR828 has 8 HDMI 1.4 inputs and two simultaneous outputs and it can upscale to 4k. The two outputs are so you can have both a TV and if you are a total addict a projector as well.
With HDMI 1.4 there is far more digital information being processed, and a modern receiver is going to process that information far more accurately, the TV in effect just becomes the monitor output, but then a receiver has far more processing ability than your TV could ever hope to have.

megabyteme
01-27-2014, 05:32 AM
Open to suggestions... Needs t include a Blu-Ray player and be under about $250.

At $250, you are asking for a bit too much, but this is quite popular on Amazon. Keep the player you have, and add it. For the money, I believe you will be pleased. In a small-ish room, there is no reason it should not be enjoyable with your HTPC, etc.

http://www.amazon.com/Onkyo-HT-S3500-5-1-Channel-Theater-Receiver/dp/B0077V88V8/ref=pd_cp_e_3

The next step up would be the full-out theater I was describing earlier. You'd be around $1700 all said and done. Proportionally, this offers good bang-for-the-buck. You'd be very likely to sell the small system on CraigsList for 1/2 to 2/3 what you spent when you decided to step up. Let's say $125 for 2+ years of use...

Snee
01-27-2014, 06:56 PM
Here's a thought. Whenever some nzb crackwhore makes a thread that's nothing but a list of one word replies by window lickers, move the fucker to the word game section. It's essentially the same anyway.

Skiz
01-27-2014, 07:22 PM
The trash section is filled with that shit right now.

Skiz
01-27-2014, 07:23 PM
Open to suggestions... Needs t include a Blu-Ray player and be under about $250.

At $250, you are asking for a bit too much, but this is quite popular on Amazon. Keep the player you have, and add it. For the money, I believe you will be pleased. In a small-ish room, there is no reason it should not be enjoyable with your HTPC, etc.

http://www.amazon.com/Onkyo-HT-S3500-5-1-Channel-Theater-Receiver/dp/B0077V88V8/ref=pd_cp_e_3

The next step up would be the full-out theater I was describing earlier. You'd be around $1700 all said and done. Proportionally, this offers good bang-for-the-buck. You'd be very likely to sell the small system on CraigsList for 1/2 to 2/3 what you spent when you decided to step up. Let's say $125 for 2+ years of use...

Not a bad idea. I'll sleep on it. Out of curiosity, would that receiver push those two m70s?

megabyteme
01-27-2014, 08:44 PM
Not a bad idea. I'll sleep on it. Out of curiosity, would that receiver push those two m70s?

One of the reviewers on Amazon mentions using a pair of these (http://www.amazon.com/Sony-SS-F6000-Floorstanding-4-Way-Speakers/dp/B000OG4E20) as his mains. I have little doubt the receiver included in the package would be able to drive the Polks. I can see why you'd be tempted to grab them, as well. The downside to doing that is that you really should add a matching center channel (on sale frequently at Newegg) to go with the mains. This is like the main plane of sound behind the screen at a movie theater- mismatching here is a bigger problem than cheating on the surrounds.

However, you then end up invested more than you initially expected:

HTiB- $250
M70's- $125
Center- $120

Now, you have an "incomplete" system based on an entry-level receiver. At the $500 price point, you may have better options to begin with.

The package should be rather nice in a small room. You aren't going to wake the neighbors, nor rattle anyone's teeth with the sub. You will, though, have an enjoyable system that works for your budget, allows you to add new items, and is all fully matched. About the only items to consider are small speaker mounts (somewhat optional).

I'd do that until you are ready to take a bigger plunge, honestly. Sad to miss out on a good deal on those M70's, but they are quite large and you are moving again in the foreseeable future. When you are ready, grab a receiver like Art just purchased, fill your room with Polks, and add a moderately priced sub and you'll be set for 10+ years. Nicely.

Mr. Mulder
01-30-2014, 03:42 PM
Dawgs, I've got a scumbag torrent request, its for some real life serious business - can anyone hook-a-mutha-up with an eBook of "Endometriosis: A Key to Healing And Fertility Through Nutrition"

Snee
02-01-2014, 12:25 AM
Fertility, huh?

HMMMMM.

megabyteme
02-01-2014, 02:35 AM
Dawgs, I've got a scumbag torrent request, its for some real life serious business - can anyone hook-a-mutha-up with an eBook of "Endometriosis: A Key to Healing And Fertility Through Nutrition"

"Let's move in together, it'll save money on paying two separate rents. We can try it for a while..."

megabyteme
02-01-2014, 02:39 AM
BTW, isn't endometriosis just another name for, "got nailed sooo many times before I met you that I've got calluses on my uterus"?

Artemis
02-01-2014, 05:33 AM
BTW, isn't endometriosis just another name for, "got nailed sooo many times before I met you that I've got calluses on my uterus"?
So it's more "Endometriosis: A Key to Fertility through frequent and severe spiking? :blink:

peat moss
02-01-2014, 07:30 PM
This thread is still up ? Well then I win .... right ?

megabyteme
02-02-2014, 06:37 AM

Not while I can still strike a key. :01:

TheFoX
02-02-2014, 10:39 AM

Not while I can still strike a key. :01:

Yes, it was his spa that caught fire, not his keyboard. Now that would be serious, wouldn't it?

Skiz
02-03-2014, 11:08 PM
FFS... the g/f bought me a new GoPro Hero3+ Black for Xmas and I've gone and lost it on the mountain a month later. Now I have to fork over the monies for a new one since that's less painful than actually telling her I lost it. :dabs:

IdolEyes787
02-04-2014, 12:28 AM
I'm an egotist and of questionable intelligence and I still think somebody strapping a camera to their head so they can record "life's most meaning experiences" as they hurtle down a hill is taking it a bit far.

Btw if I got one for a present I would lie and say it was the "best gift ever!!!" and that "I can't wait to use it" .
Then I'd run out the door and go just out of sight and smash the fuck out of it with a rock and come back crying crocodile tears about it being broken and pray to God that the warranty didn't cover that.

Artemis
02-04-2014, 01:06 AM
Where as I, being a pervert of questionable intelligence, would be thrilled if someone bought me this: http://www.bladehelis.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=BLH7900 so I can record other peoples most meaningful experiences. This little UAV can be programmed for 21 way points on a 2 hour flight, and then download the footage to a router via the onboard AP when it is in range. All in glorious 1080p.

By the way Skiz, we badly need a pussywhipped posting icon added to the gallery. :yup:

Mr. Mulder
02-04-2014, 11:55 AM
FFS... the g/f bought me a new GoPro Hero3+ Black for Xmas and I've gone and lost it on the mountain a month later. Now I have to fork over the monies for a new one since that's less painful than actually telling her I lost it. :dabs:

it would be less painful to dump her then buy loads of cool shit :smilie4: :smilie4: :smilie4:

Snee
02-04-2014, 09:04 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtH68PJIQLE

dat lisp

Skiz
02-04-2014, 09:28 PM
I'm an egotist and of questionable intelligence and I still think somebody strapping a camera to their head so they can record "life's most meaning experiences" as they hurtle down a hill is taking it a bit far.

Btw if I got one for a present I would lie and say it was the "best gift ever!!!" and that "I can't wait to use it" .
Then I'd run out the door and go just out of sight and smash the fuck out of it with a rock and come back crying crocodile tears about it being broken and pray to God that the warranty didn't cover that.

They're just fun. We've had too many road trips and hikes where I would have much preferred to have something smaller and more versatile for a certain situation than my bulky 6D. I considered buying a compact, but if I'm going to spend a few hundred bucks I'd much rather have the GoPro. With a protective frame/housing, you really don't have to worry at all about droppage and such.

We've used burst mode (30 pics in 1 sec) on several occasions with nice results. Toss it in the air and smile. Do that at a nice overlook or sunrise somewhere with a wide angle selected and you end up with great results as you're bound to get some shots with you and the nice background. We also did a good hike in St. Vrain Canyon and used burst mode while tossing it back and forth across the rushing water and got some excellent shots.

I had held out on buying one for a long time but after she bought it and I had some time to play with it, I'm sold. It's a great addition to the camera bag.

Skiz
02-04-2014, 09:31 PM

Snee
02-04-2014, 09:34 PM
So, idle, and any of you other ladies with experience in such matters:

What's your stance on kettlebells? I picked one up to see what they're like, and for working out biceps or something in a controlled fashion, I think they work (almost) as well as dumbells, but I've looked at recommended exercises, and all I can say is holy future back- and rotator cuff problems, batman.

Am I missing something here? Does swinging them around like you mean your windows harm make sense?

IdolEyes787
02-04-2014, 10:41 PM
They're just fun. We've had too many road trips and hikes where I would have much preferred to have something smaller and more versatile for a certain situation than my bulky 6D. I considered buying a compact, but if I'm going to spend a few hundred bucks I'd much rather have the GoPro. With a protective frame/housing, you really don't have to worry at all about droppage and such.

We've used burst mode (30 pics in 1 sec) on several occasions with nice results. Toss it in the air and smile. Do that at a nice overlook or sunrise somewhere with a wide angle selected and you end up with great results as you're bound to get some shots with you and the nice background. We also did a good hike in St. Vrain Canyon and used burst mode while tossing it back and forth across the rushing water and got some excellent shots.

I had held out on buying one for a long time but after she bought it and I had some time to play with it, I'm sold. It's a great addition to the camera bag.

Contrary to words or appearances,I'm for anything that makes you happy as long as it doesn't detrimentally effect other stuff.

IdolEyes787
02-04-2014, 10:58 PM
So, idle, and any of you other ladies with experience in such matters:

What's your stance on kettlebells? I picked one up to see what they're like, and for working out biceps or something in a controlled fashion, I think they work (almost) as well as dumbells, but I've looked at recommended exercises, and all I can say is holy future back- and rotator cuff problems, batman.

Am I missing something here? Does swinging them around like you mean your windows harm make sense?

The current thinking or fad in fitness,is to incorporate multi joint /muscle group exercises as they tend to create more, for lack of a better word "athleticism".

Besides the primary muscles being worked,a lot of others are activated to help stabilize you.
For athletes and basically everyone else ,this sort of training offers the most "real world" benefits.
Crossfit has also become hugely popular and it falls in line with this type of thinking.

Generally, there is a steady movement toward more body weight exercises (ie pistol squats,pullups,burpees etc) and away from weights entirely.

timinhawaii
02-04-2014, 11:45 PM
I want to win the internets and get removed from Noob status....been here forever!

irnmdnkristo
02-05-2014, 06:37 AM
No more noob status please! lol

Mr. Mulder
02-05-2014, 01:16 PM
Dawgs :smilie4:

there's some hench winds outside today, its split one of our piers in two!1!1 http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-sussex-26046379

completed that state of decay last night innit, the misses stayed at her mums so i got a solid three hours in, ending was a bit lame though. got that red dead redemption today over sexbawx live, never played it before lyke. hopefully its just like broke back... in other news, got a patronizing well done email from my gym today for going 20 days in a row, im pretty sure three of those days were just because my shower at home broke :sneaky: and in also other news, i went to a client site this morning, proper rushed there cos the guy said the network had stopped working despite the fact i could ping everything. and when i got there, it was just one WAP that had stopped working :dabs:

Snee
02-05-2014, 05:38 PM
Here are some idiots to laugh at. (http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/messages-from-creationists-to-people-who-believe-in-evolutio?bffb)

IdolEyes787
02-05-2014, 05:48 PM
To be fair,anybody who takes a picture of themselves holding a sign and posts it on the internet is an idiot.

Snee
02-05-2014, 05:51 PM
That goes double if they also make it obvious that they didn't pay attention in school with what they put on said sign.

Skiz
02-05-2014, 06:15 PM
Reading those actually pissed me off.

The sunset woman doesn't even know the difference in there and their. :pinch:

Rart
02-05-2014, 06:55 PM
Here are some idiots to laugh at. (http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/messages-from-creationists-to-people-who-believe-in-evolutio?bffb)

I think #11 is referring to Scientology.

Also none of them know what theory actually means.

Artemis
02-06-2014, 11:06 AM
Several of them kept on going on about Lucy, and although there has only been one complete T-Rex skeleton found there have been many partial skeletons found of both male and female specimens, and skeletons of both mature and immature specimens, even preserved eggs. There are many other species out there with a lot less evidence for their existence in the evolutionary chain than T-Rex.

Snee
02-06-2014, 12:02 PM
Several of them kept on going on about Lucy, and although there has only been one complete T-Rex skeleton found there have been many partial skeletons found of both male and female specimens, and skeletons of both mature and immature specimens, even preserved eggs. There are many other species out there with a lot less evidence for their existence in the evolutionary chain than T-Rex.

I think you may have merged two separate trains of thought there, or missed a couple or sentences in the middle. If not, then it was nicely rodded.

Snee
02-06-2014, 12:19 PM
And yes, I realise I'm behaving far too nicely, but rest assured that I'm just another horrible breakup or dumping away from being my usual charming self from cirka 2008.

Don't actually see that happening in the near future, but hay, there's always tomorrow.

Artemis
02-06-2014, 01:06 PM

I think you may have merged two separate trains of thought there, or missed a couple or sentences in the middle. If not, then it was nicely rodded.

12 and 18 were both babbling about Lucy, the only 'Lucy' in this context is Lucy the T-Rex skeleton. There were several themes to the signs I picked out the 'Lucy' theme because it was a particularly idiotic one, but then I have been hay baling all day so I'm fairly tired (absolutely fucked) and probably have had a strong dose of stupid pills.... :stuart:

IdolEyes787
02-06-2014, 01:21 PM
I'm pretty sure that it says in the Bible that the angels battled the dinosaurs and the dinosaurs lost and that's why there aren't any more of them.

Except for the sneaky ones like crocodiles.

megabyteme
02-06-2014, 02:04 PM

Fab unicorn dog thinks they are embarrassing themselves in public...

Snee
02-06-2014, 04:58 PM

12 and 18 were both babbling about Lucy, the only 'Lucy' in this context is Lucy the T-Rex skeleton. There were several themes to the signs I picked out the 'Lucy' theme because it was a particularly idiotic one, but then I have been hay baling all day so I'm fairly tired (absolutely fucked) and probably have had a strong dose of stupid pills.... :stuart:

Err. I'd assume it's Lucy, the missing link. Australopithecus afarensis, early hominid?

Snee
02-06-2014, 05:58 PM
If it halps, I think the (replicas of) skellingtons from both species I've seen last I was at a museum had about the same size arms.

Artemis
02-06-2014, 07:26 PM

Err. I'd assume it's Lucy, the missing link. Australopithecus afarensis, early hominid?

Like I said stupid pills....or rather ignorant pills in this case. While I was aware of Australopithecus, I wasn't aware one of the finds had been named Lucy. Having read about the finds including AL333 the 'First Family' a find that includes individuals from a mass death, the argument still holds, there is more than one there are both male and female examples and these people are completely bonkers.

Something Else
02-06-2014, 09:23 PM
If Bufotenine is a class A drug and Ketamine is a class C drug, then what happens if I swap this Toad for some Horse tranquilizer.

Why should you never lend the Dalai Lama money? Because he loves T'bet.

:drumroll: :thatisall:

Something Else
02-06-2014, 09:43 PM
Is that Coen Brothers fillum any good. I've enjoyed most of their previous fillums.

Mr. Mulder
02-07-2014, 08:51 AM
Homies. :coffee:

Snee
02-07-2014, 02:51 PM
'soup, dawg?

chalice
02-07-2014, 10:53 PM
Hoi Idol, you ineffective, mouthy eye-baller, I am requesting your intestinal reaction to the PSH OD, as it were.

Personally, I thought him exceptional. How hard did you cry?

IdolEyes787
02-07-2014, 11:00 PM
I think it proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that it doesn't matter how smart or respected or talented you are,if you are ugly you are basically fighting an uphill battle.

Of course that doesn't explain Heath Ledger so don't bring him up.

IdolEyes787
02-07-2014, 11:11 PM
How hard did you cry?

Btw I don't cry anymore as all my tears were used up when Keith Richards died.

IdolEyes787
02-07-2014, 11:13 PM
I was also speaking to manker and he would like me to tell you to fuck off.

chalice
02-07-2014, 11:22 PM
How hard did you cry?

Btw I don't cry anymore as all my tears were used up when Keith Richards died.

Don't fret, Gwendolin, I'll eek out a way to make you cry again. Introduce some fresh tragedy. Have you sucking up snots, you fucking girl.

How old are you? Tell the truth.

IdolEyes787
02-08-2014, 08:23 PM
I don't believe in divulging age or race on the internet because both come laden with certain prejudices and assumptions but since you're a friend I'm willing to bend that rule and tell you that I'm really your Mum.

I'd also like to add that you've turned out to be a bit of a disappointment.

chalice
02-09-2014, 07:48 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYgPznBrjiA

chalice
02-09-2014, 07:49 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_ZTrXAxZ-g

chalice
02-09-2014, 02:13 PM

Disappointment? I'm a fucking catastrophe and don't you go forgetting it. What I wouldn't give to be a simple disappointment.

I've been up since half four this morning, getting stoned and drinking wine and watching Star Trek TNG. I'm hungry, but I cannot be arsed foraging for food. Got a haircut yesterday and the shocks of grey which fell away were shocking altogether. Got drunk on my own in a bar full of bachelorette partyers. It was horrific, from what I recall. Woke up this morning covered in cake. Yes, cake. Bed sheets and clothes from yesterday looked like a painting by a four year old.

I wish you were my mum. You wouldn't stand for this kinda nonsense. You'd make me chicken soup and massage my bald spot with jasmine or some such.

TheFoX
02-09-2014, 02:34 PM
The sunset woman doesn't even know the difference in there and their. :pinch:

But she is blonde, so she has an excuse for being a retard.

TheFoX
02-09-2014, 02:36 PM
I don't believe in divulging age or race on the internet because both come laden with certain prejudices and assumptions but since you're a friend I'm willing to bend that rule and tell you that I'm really your Mum.

So, you're black and likes singing gospel then.

TheFoX
02-09-2014, 02:38 PM
I think it proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that it doesn't matter how smart or respected or talented you are,if you are ugly you are basically fighting an uphill battle.

That would explain why some of the most powerful people in the world are also some of the dumbest. It wasn't their intellect that won them power, but their good looks. Of course, this doesn't explain how you got where you got to, does it?

TheFoX
02-09-2014, 02:41 PM
No more noob status please! lol

You'll always been a n00b to us. It is your pathetic nature that we find so appealing.

TheFoX
02-09-2014, 02:42 PM

That's the best thing you have said all week. Keep it up.

IdolEyes787
02-09-2014, 07:21 PM
So, you're black and likes singing gospel then.

It's "Black"and no.
As I've stated I'm a Irish lady of approximately retirement age.As such I'm more into the Liam Clancys' and Daniel O'Donnells.:)

If I were however to be Black,I think I would more be into Motown type R n' B.

Snee
02-09-2014, 08:36 PM
I always reckoned mexican, on account of that I can practically hear the tacos.

Artemis
02-09-2014, 10:43 PM
I always thought Morocco, because of the strong emanations of cous cous. :blink:

megabyteme
02-10-2014, 12:13 AM

Disappointment? I'm a fucking catastrophe and don't you go forgetting it. What I wouldn't give to be a simple disappointment.

I've been up since half four this morning, getting stoned and drinking wine and watching Star Trek TNG. I'm hungry, but I cannot be arsed foraging for food. Got a haircut yesterday and the shocks of grey which fell away were shocking altogether. Got drunk on my own in a bar full of bachelorette partyers. It was horrific, from what I recall. Woke up this morning covered in cake. Yes, cake. Bed sheets and clothes from yesterday looked like a painting by a four year old.

I wish you were my mum. You wouldn't stand for this kinda nonsense. You'd make me chicken soup and massage my bald spot with jasmine or some such.

Don't feel bad, there's loads of action verbs in the above. :)

Did I miss the results from that job you got but were concerned about the piss test?

megabyteme
02-10-2014, 12:14 AM
BTW, nice PSH write-up here: http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/03/movies/philip-seymour-hoffman-actor-dies-at-46.html?_r=0

chalice
02-11-2014, 08:13 PM

Don't feel bad, there's loads of action verbs in the above. :)

Did I miss the results from that job you got but were concerned about the piss test?

This piss test, though I woulda failed it in style, didn't concern me. There was never gonna be one and there are ways of preparing for such corporate fascist restrictions. Nothing a few buckets of cranberry juice, given requisite notice, can't exorcise from your circulatory systems.

I was deeply concerned about the stipulated security screening, though, as the cosmos and the British legislative system soon proved, I needed have been. I'd been busted for marijuana possession a few months back, for which I had a police caution imposed upon me. Turns out, there exist three types of security checks available to companies. Basic, Standard and Enhanced. I wasn't sure which one I'd be undergoing, so I was shitting breezeblocks for my first month. They only ran the Basic check, which doesn't disclose cautions, so The Supreme Haile Selassie, patron saint of wopped-out weed worshippers, was clearly smiling down on your humble yet exemplary narrator. Six weeks in and the SAS haven't barnstormed the building, so I reckon I'm pretty much in the clear.

All's well that ends well. Though, of course, nothing ever ends.

megabyteme
02-11-2014, 08:41 PM
All's well that ends well. Though, of course, nothing ever ends.

That's good gnus, my friend. Could not remember if the job became official. Block one in the rebuilding, then. I've considered what my life would be like if I could not handle the daily challenges present in Casa MBM. Would be a very similar looking boat...

wyld
02-11-2014, 09:06 PM
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/11/world/middleeast/suicide-bomb-instructor-accidentally-kills-iraqi-pupils.html

They all passed

Mr. Mulder
02-12-2014, 09:00 AM
what it do, brohams :smilie4:

some office cunt has used up all the milk so im having to eat bone dry coco-pops like a savage, its probably the worst day of my life. ever.

megabyteme
02-12-2014, 12:09 PM
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/11/world/middleeast/suicide-bomb-instructor-accidentally-kills-iraqi-pupils.html

They all passed

The Islamic State of Iraq and Syria evolved from its previous incarnation as Al Qaeda in Iraq, but recently Al Qaeda’s central leadership disavowed the group (http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/04/world/middleeast/syria.html), which has taken on an increasingly important role in the fighting in Syria, as well as in Iraq.

Should your instructor blow up your terrorist cell while training, your group will be disavowed. This message will self-destruct in 5...4...3...2...1...Duh-duhnt-duh. duhnuntduh....

megabyteme
02-12-2014, 12:43 PM
Canadians... :ermm:

http://9gag.com/gag/awr39jW?ref=fsidebar

IdolEyes787
02-12-2014, 01:43 PM
I was made to illustrate a point for a commercial.:mellow:

Anyway for the reasonably reasonable among us, luckily the actions of a small group of wackos does not define a people.

Or in your case.

Artemis
02-12-2014, 07:22 PM
Subtle.....

TheFoX
02-13-2014, 12:57 AM
Very...

Mr. Mulder
02-13-2014, 11:46 AM
3 weeks without a fag or spliff, fucking hell is everything boring now.

megabyteme
02-13-2014, 01:07 PM
Anyway for the reasonably reasonable among us, luckily the actions of a small group of wackos does not define a people.

Or in your case.

IDK, throw in some beer, guns, and perhaps a vehicle that gets poor abysmal gas mileage, and you aren't too far off describing the US over the past, say, 200 years. :idunno:

Skiz
02-13-2014, 06:08 PM
...duh-duhnt-duh. Duhnuntduh....
[/i]

espn?

mjmacky
02-14-2014, 01:11 AM
Is ESPN that thing where they read the minds of athletes?

mjmacky
02-14-2014, 02:59 PM
I think this is where we post work related stuffs.

Over the past year, India outsourced their labor to me, and I had worked for an editing company based there. I have also been tutoring in chemistry and algebra online. The former pays shit and the latter pays modest (but cannot get full time hours).

I interviewed last week for a position doing this kind of programming thing for proprietary educational software. They needed someone who was multidisciplinary in their smartness. That just happened to be me.

I'm, like, excited. Real pay and stuff so I can stop being poor and have some extra time to finish my PhD.

Mr. Mulder
02-14-2014, 04:00 PM
I think this is where we post work related stuffs.

Over the past year, India outsourced their labor to me, and I had worked for an editing company based there. I have also been tutoring in chemistry and algebra online. The former pays shit and the latter pays modest (but cannot get full time hours).

I interviewed last week for a position doing this kind of programming thing for proprietary educational software. They needed someone who was multidisciplinary in their smartness. That just happened to be me.

I'm, like, excited. Real pay and stuff so I can stop being poor and have some extra time to finish my PhD.

Win. And it's pretty much always safe working with bespoke/proprietary shit because it’s not like just anyone can come along and do your job without having all the inside knowledge of the software, bugs, patches, version releases, documentation, client set-ups etc - the longer you work there the harder it is to replace you. And if you're programming it all then you're basically a God to them, which might be illegal in India...

megabyteme
02-14-2014, 05:11 PM

I'm kinda torn on this. Sure, I wish you prosperity as a friend, but tales of desperation make me feel better about my own poverty/struggles. :angel_not

megabyteme
02-14-2014, 05:13 PM
...duh-duhnt-duh. Duhnuntduh....
[/i]

espn?

Yeah, I'm musically declined- even phonetically... :sadwalk:

Snee
02-14-2014, 06:28 PM
Fun fact: I love my girlfriend's boobs.

Also, sup, guise.

IdolEyes787
02-14-2014, 06:34 PM
Just the boobs though,right?

Snee
02-14-2014, 07:07 PM
Well, lips too.

Maybe the whole package, but I'm not admitting to nothing.

Artemis
02-14-2014, 08:34 PM
Well, lips too.

Which ones? :naughty:

chalice
02-14-2014, 09:00 PM
It's sickeningly heartwarming to see our diminutive resident genius, SnnY all loved up like a crazy circa 1992 E-Head.

Give us the low-down, Brown. Spill the scoop, Betty Boop. Details are redeemable in Skateborder paradise, and Kudos from your associates.

Let's start with an easy one. How did you meet?

chalice
02-15-2014, 08:04 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0W7Jbc_Vhw

TheFoX
02-15-2014, 11:27 AM
Well, lips too.

Which ones? :naughty:

Does it matter? Both fit around your cock.

mjmacky
02-15-2014, 12:24 PM

I'm kinda torn on this. Sure, I wish you prosperity as a friend, but tales of desperation make me feel better about my own poverty/struggles. :angel_not

I will desperately be plagued by my own idiosyncrasies if that helps.

chalice
02-15-2014, 12:55 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlRanftUqO4

megabyteme
02-15-2014, 03:40 PM
Stumbled across this as a result of your post, chalice. :happy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsG1_3OTzyY

megabyteme
02-15-2014, 03:44 PM

I will desperately be plagued by my own idiosyncrasies if that helps.

Not as much as pure misery, but I'll have to settle for what's available. :sadwalk:

Skiz
02-16-2014, 07:09 PM
Finished Splinter Cell Blacklist. Pretty decent. I thought the co-op challenges were the best part. MP is awful as I suspected it would be.

IdolEyes787
02-16-2014, 07:45 PM
MP is awful as I suspected it would be.

In my opinion that would be a blanket statement.

chalice
02-16-2014, 08:51 PM
Stumbled across this as a result of your post, chalice. :happy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsG1_3OTzyY

Altogether wonderful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2uM2_MO70E

megabyteme
02-16-2014, 11:16 PM
It would be so easy to dismiss Jeffrey Lewis as a singer. There's nothing in his voice that resembles the traditional notion of what "good" singing is supposed to be. However, his sheer talent shines through and makes him VERY enjoyable, IMO.

Perhaps a bit like Bob Dylan in the sense that he's doing his own poetry, so he is the one who decides how it is supposed to be done.

Mr. Mulder
02-17-2014, 11:37 AM
Brohams :smilie4:

watched that secret life of walter shitty last night, it was pretty gash. it was like it was trying to be some sort of art film, being proper quiet for ages then having songs from Arcade Fire and having lyke, deeper meanings and shit. But all the way through i was thinking, do you know there's a Ben Stiller in your art film? Is that supposed to be there? :eyebrows:

I also watched Filth, it was quality lyke. Proper good moviefilm.

Skiz
02-17-2014, 05:15 PM
Werd. I watched August: Osage County because that's what the vagina wanted to watch. It was top notch acting but the plot was worse than Olegl's sex life.

Next movie will prob be Dallas Buyers Club.

mattbo
02-17-2014, 08:56 PM
This is my first post, go easy on me hehe.

enoughfakefiles
02-17-2014, 10:08 PM
This is my first post, go easy on me hehe.

No it's not. You're post count says you've managed 2 :unsure:

Mr. Mulder
02-18-2014, 08:40 AM
Werd. I watched August: Osage County because that's what the vagina wanted to watch. It was top notch acting but the plot was worse than Olegl's sex life.

i got made to watch that too, it needed 100% moar boob and 100% less talking :dabs:

Last night was Midnight Express, despite it being out for 36 years i'd never seen it before, it was awesomesauce.

Mr. Mulder
02-20-2014, 08:31 AM
Got into work and there's a note on my desk telling me I should leave town if i know what's good for me :blink:

Artemis
02-20-2014, 09:19 AM
Got into work and there's a note on my desk telling me I should leave town if i know what's good for me :blink:

Don't tell me this is your first death threat? :blink:

Mr. Mulder
02-20-2014, 09:48 AM
First time receiving one!1

megabyteme
02-20-2014, 06:20 PM
http://www.eonline.com/news/511942/kate-upton-s-super-sexy-gravity-defying-bikini-photo-shoot-see-the-pics

chalice
02-22-2014, 03:11 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eyo9E6EFOiQ

Cvmeet
02-22-2014, 08:33 PM

i got made to watch that too, it needed 100% moar boob and 100% less talking :dabs:

Last night was Midnight Express, despite it being out for 36 years i'd never seen it before, it was awesomesauce.

banged-up-abroad-the-real-midnight-express]Banged.Up.Abroad.The.Real.Midnight.Express (http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x195fuz_banged-up-abroad-the-real-midnight-express_shortfilms]Banged.Up.Abroad.The.Real.Midnight.Express) :naughty:

The 1977 book Midnight Express, and the Oscar-winning 1978 film on which it was based, also called Midnight Express, told the story of 20-year-old college student Billy Hayes – his imprisonment for drug smuggling and his escape from a prison in Istanbul, Turkey. But for legal reasons, the book, which Hayes co-wrote, was not completely accurate; and the film version strayed even further from the truth, for artistic reasons. In this episode, Billy tells the full story of being sent to the infamous Turkish Sagmalcilar prison and eventually escaping

weenden
02-23-2014, 11:24 AM
oooh my big break and win a 20 spot....just spotted that Kate Upton photo all i can say is WOW she is so friggen hot

Skiz
02-23-2014, 05:32 PM
There's a pick of her floating around when she was 14 and she was still friggen hot. :ph34r:

Skiz
02-23-2014, 05:33 PM
This one.

http://images.dailystar-uk.co.uk/dynamic/1/photos/635000/79635.jpg

The board keeps fucking the link up. :idunno: