PDA

View Full Version : Last one to post wins the internets (archived)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

chalice
03-13-2012, 11:51 PM
Off work all week!!1 :o

Slept in this morn. Went and ate lunch with the gf, which is something I never get to do. Cleaned out the gutters and did yard work. Played fetch with the pooch. 'Bout to go for a bike ride.

SXSW the rest of the week. :01:

If'in we don't hear from youself wiffin a week, then we'll resolved that you'll've shot yourself and the Texas border'll've gained itself another hundred rednecks.

chalice
03-14-2012, 12:29 AM
In retrospect. I have no fucking idea what I meant with the above, Skiz, so I'm hoping you'll forgive me.

ziggyjuarez
03-14-2012, 12:43 AM
I hear Ciudad Juárez has great bike trails if ur near the border.

manker
03-14-2012, 12:47 AM
In retrospect. I have no fucking idea what I meant with the above, Skiz, so I'm hoping you'll forgive me.When I do that, I usually keep schtum and hope people think I'm being esoteric and that they're the only one who didn't get the joke.

Like the Emperor's New Clothes, but with badly drawn words.

manker
03-14-2012, 12:51 AM
Regarding Idol, he's all to fuck but he does it on porpoise.
I tried to take him to task once but I think that's his goal because it only served to perpetuate the punctuation pebble-dash.

Btw, skizo, wtf is SXSW :blink:

chalice
03-14-2012, 12:52 AM
In retrospect. I have no fucking idea what I meant with the above, Skiz, so I'm hoping you'll forgive me.When I do that, I usually keep schtum and hope people think I'm being esoteric and that they're the only one who didn't get the joke.

Like the Emperor's New Clothes, but with badly drawn words.

I've roped along with that in numerous cases, admittedly. But at some point you begin being Zed.

And at that point, unless you're Zed, you're fucked.

manker
03-14-2012, 01:07 AM
I'm not as confident as you in zed's non-fuckedness
Last time he came back, he was on about melting plastic in the oven with his son.

I don't even.

mjmacky
03-14-2012, 02:15 AM
First tell me how you got him to make that face

Maybe this explanation is not specifically directed towards you, but for clarity's sake that is Mark Foley. He's a former Floridian congressman who resigned in shame when it was discovered he was conducting inappropriate relationships with young page boys.

mjmacky
03-14-2012, 02:17 AM
In retrospect. I have no fucking idea what I meant with the above, Skiz, so I'm hoping you'll forgive me.

I only apologize for the nonsense in 0.2 % of my posts containing such, where are you currently sitting at?

Artemis
03-14-2012, 07:16 AM
Last time he came back, he was on about melting plastic in the oven with his son.

I don't even.

Why the fuck would he melt his son in the oven with some plastic! That's fucking horrible! You can go on about the pedals all you like but that is seriously fucked up! :blink:

mjmacky
03-14-2012, 07:44 AM
I'm not buying that serious explanation of his posting habits that he created in The Drawing Room.I think he is merely looking for a way to cover his ass when the Feds seize his computer.

Grief your ass seized.

manker
03-14-2012, 11:10 AM

I don't even.

Why the fuck would he melt his son in the oven with some plastic! That's fucking horrible! You can go on about the pedals all you like but that is seriously fucked up! :blink:It's not as bad as it sounds.
The oven is an old disused gas chamber which the family camp out in occasionally to melt plastic and talk about dead jews.

manker
03-14-2012, 11:12 AM
First tell me how you got him to make that face

Maybe this explanation is not specifically directed towards you, but for clarity's sake that is Mark Foley. He's a former Floridian congressman who resigned in shame when it was discovered he was conducting inappropriate relationships with young page boys.orite. i thought it was your dad.

mjmacky
03-14-2012, 11:15 AM
orite. i thought it was your dad.

'Merkin politics, who gives a shit, right?

P.S. I will always capitalize after the 'Postrophe and start sentences with it as much as opportunity allows.

manker
03-14-2012, 11:18 AM
:lol:
git

Artemis
03-14-2012, 11:22 AM
orite. i thought it was your dad.

P.S. I will always capitalize after the 'Postrophe and start sentences with it as much as opportunity allows.

So where do comments like Yeehaw fit into the grand scheme of things macktacular hmmmmm?

mjmacky
03-14-2012, 11:25 AM

So where do comments like Yeehaw fit into the grand scheme of things macktacular hmmmmm?

I would explain if I made the effort to find out where I last yeehawed you. As it stands, I'm nearly passing out, time for my reprieve.

P.S. Loved your srsbzns post in the drawering room, incapable of replying now but will in near future.

manker
03-14-2012, 11:27 AM
more posts in the drawing room? fuck's sake. I never normally check there.

I might have to start widening my circle.

Artemis
03-14-2012, 11:28 AM
more posts in the drawing room? fuck's sake. I never normally check there.

I might have to start widening my circle.

You'll need new crayons. :blink:

manker
03-14-2012, 11:33 AM
Crayons to widen my circle.

Oo-er.

Artemis
03-14-2012, 11:40 AM

Oo-er.

I'm GMT+13 so at 12:36 a.m. after a long, long day my wit, such that it is, is somewhat blunted. I know we have oodles of chemists ready to extoll the virtues of various substances of an upperish formulation, but I'm about ready to fall asleep in my coffee. :bye:

manker
03-14-2012, 11:52 AM
Everyone's leaving me :cry:

chalice
03-14-2012, 10:01 PM
In other news, Moebius is dead.:no:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=501zclIUQBQ&feature=related

Skiz
03-14-2012, 10:03 PM

South By Southwest.

Wtf it is is slightly complex. It's a huge annual music and film event here in Austin. The city is absolutely packed with artists and celebs. It's tough to go out on the town and not see a couple of recognizable faces or at least one of the big stars. I started coming to SXSW about 15 years ago when it was $25 for a wristband and all the music was exclusive to 6th Street. Now it's around $550 (12 pounds) just for the music wristband, takes place all over downtown and there are literally countless shows going on all day and night. The number must be in the thousands over just a six day period.

It's become well known for it's secret shows over the years. Metallica showed up and played a full set to around 3,000 people. Kanye showed up a couple years ago and played in a small venue. Rumor has it he'll be here again this year. Yesterday, Jay-Z showed up at the interactive portion to promote something and played a short set to a very limited crowd. Lady Gaga is rumored to have a secret show somewhere. Anyhow, if you like live music there's nothing quite like it. :)

Snee
03-14-2012, 10:07 PM
Why couldn't it be someone no one would miss, like, idk, Michael Bay or Ron Paul :(

ffs, I just read some of his stuff as well, and was sort of thinking that it'd be nice if he came out with something new.

Snee
03-14-2012, 10:12 PM
I'm talking something like Incal here, not Blueberry, ofc.

mjmacky
03-15-2012, 01:05 AM
Just having a bit of juvenile fun with Google translate's regional pronunciations ("listen" icon clicks).
British: manker yanked on my wanker (http://translate.google.co.uk/#en|en|manker%20yanked%20on%20my%20wanker%0A%0A)
American: manker yanked on my wanker (http://translate.google.com/#en|en|manker%20yanked%20on%20my%20wanker%0A%0A)

For direct comparison I used the exact same words, but this is how the Brits would really say it:
British version of the manker wanker yanker (http://translate.google.co.uk/#en|en|oi%20governor%2C%20that%20manker%20chap%20keeps%20yanking%20on%20my%20wanker%20he%20does%0A)

manker
03-15-2012, 01:24 AM
:glag: :glag:

They both sounded the same to me but, fuck, I giggled.

manker
03-15-2012, 01:27 AM

South By Southwest.

Wtf it is is slightly complex. It's a huge annual music and film event here in Austin. The city is absolutely packed with artists and celebs. It's tough to go out on the town and not see a couple of recognizable faces or at least one of the big stars. Sounds like you'll be leaning the fuck all over several balustrades before the week is out.

Also:

Now it's around $550 (12 pounds):lol: :happy:

mjmacky
03-15-2012, 01:45 AM
:glag: :glag:

They both sounded the same to me but, fuck, I giggled.

As was I. If you're curious, going to www.google.com/ncr stops the local redirect from occurring. The only problem is that it saves to your cookies.

Alien5
03-15-2012, 05:13 AM

Oo-er.

Qbfwbwgneg

ziggyjuarez
03-15-2012, 10:23 AM
8 yrs here we cumAlongwith25kposts

ziggyjuarez
03-15-2012, 10:25 AM
Can someone do the math?

Alien5
03-15-2012, 11:03 AM
I just poked myself in the eye, hurts dunnint.

Snee
03-15-2012, 01:00 PM
I seriously considered calling someone a fuckwit :earl: Decided I don't hate my job enough, tho. I didn't get laid off once for doing it without learning something :pro:

Middle management equals lack of imagination, and general fail, tho.

Snee
03-15-2012, 01:05 PM
Not the boss of me, obv. I answer directly to the proper boss-man, thank jebus.

manker
03-15-2012, 01:16 PM
Can't you do it with humour?

idrc if someone here calls me a fuckwit if either I'm being a fuckwit or if it's accompanied with an eyebrow raise or an awkward smile.

manker
03-15-2012, 01:26 PM
Got two hawt burds off today, one is ill, which is fair enough, I'll pay her as normal. The other one has an ill kid and she thinks he is too ill for her to leave with the kid's grandmother.

I've never had this before :eyebrow:

It's not like he will get better any quicker if she doesn't go to work and ... well ... I've had to make my own cawfee once already today and I've even answered the phone.

I'll address this question to those of you who aren't unemployable doletards: what would your employer do in this situation? Is a sick child a valid reason for time off work?

mjmacky
03-15-2012, 02:41 PM
I'll address this question to those of you who aren't unemployable doletards: what would your employer do in this situation? Is a sick child a valid reason for time off work?

It's a better excuse than I'd be able to use. Such as "last night's late night fast food isn't sitting well" and "Time got away from me while playing the XBOX".

Artemis
03-15-2012, 02:48 PM

It's a better excuse than I'd be able to use. Such as "last night's late night fast food isn't sitting well" and "Time got away from me while playing the XBOX".

You're just not being creative enough! Take your first excuse example, simply working the word 'explosive' into the description will bring about an amazing reaction from the employer, a shaking of the head as they inform you that that is enough information, and come back when you are better.

Not sure about the second one though.... probably a complete falsehood is the only way to shine that one up.....

mjmacky
03-15-2012, 02:59 PM

You're just not being creative enough! Take your first excuse example, simply working the word 'explosive' into the description will bring about an amazing reaction from the employer, a shaking of the head as they inform you that that is enough information, and come back when you are better.

Not sure about the second one though.... probably a complete falsehood is the only way to shine that one up.....

I have used both excuses in the past (the first one more than a few times), I'm just an honest guy like that.

manker
03-15-2012, 03:45 PM
So you're basically saying I should pay her this time but make it clear that next time she'll need to choose between hard cash and her sick child.

Yeah. I'd come to that conclusion too.

mjmacky
03-15-2012, 03:51 PM
Does she not have any personal leave time?

Snee
03-15-2012, 03:53 PM
@manker: it's the law, so yes :dabs:

If it were up to me, we'd start off any interview by asking if they have children, especially women, cos they are the worst, and just stop there if the answer is yes. Cos fuck covering for someone who's gone every other week, like some.

My next question would be if they really have any decent computer skills. If it's a woman

Snee
03-15-2012, 03:57 PM
The third would be 'are you sure'?

'cos we've had some derplings.

'hay, snee. Wat is a server?'ffs

Snee
03-15-2012, 03:58 PM
Who's bitter? Not I.

manker
03-15-2012, 04:23 PM
I want some notice for that kind of thing.

I usually let them rush off to the doctors when some accident has befallen their offspring or w.e. but I've got stuff that won't just photocopy itself.

manker
03-15-2012, 04:26 PM
@ snee
Yeah they didn't have kids when I employed them. You get a year off if you have kids, if you're a woman. ffs. a year.
And when they have them, they are entitled to reduced hours and all sorts.

None of the hawt burds who work here have computer skillz, which is a good thing as if they did, they might actually be able to find out what I'm downloading and stuff :ermm:

Artemis
03-15-2012, 05:08 PM
I want some notice for that kind of thing.

I usually let them rush off to the doctors when some accident has befallen their offspring or w.e. but I've got stuff that won't just photocopy itself.

No temp agencies in Wales? Sad state of affairs that....

mjmacky
03-15-2012, 05:11 PM
No temp agencies in Wales? Sad state of affairs that....

I think he just doesn't need them, seems like nothing of importance goes on in the mank department.

Barbarossa
03-15-2012, 05:35 PM
Got two hawt burds off today

Good work fellah! :smilie4:

Skiz
03-15-2012, 06:47 PM
Got two hawt burds off today, one is ill, which is fair enough, I'll pay her as normal. The other one has an ill kid and she thinks he is too ill for her to leave with the kid's grandmother.

It's not like he will get better any quicker if she doesn't go to work and ... well ... I've had to make my own cawfee once already today and I've even answered the phone.

It's a lose:lose for you. If you go back and forth with her and ultimately make her come in, you're the asshole. If you give her the day off for the sick kid (which is prolly bs) you've been had.

On the other hand, you can tell her what I always tell mine - If you're too sick to come to work, bring a dr's note to me when you return. That forces them to make a different decision. 1) Waste the day that they wanted off by having to go to the dr, plus the cost of the dr visit, or 2)sucking it up and getting to work. But I still have grown adults that will call in and say "I have diarrhea and I can't come in". :dabs:

As for what my employer would do? Laugh and tell me I better not be late. As a management person, it's well known that you just don't call in. Anything short of strep throat and you better be at work.

Skiz
03-15-2012, 07:03 PM
The sandwich maker and I can't agree on where to for St. Paddy's Day. :no:

Something Else
03-15-2012, 09:03 PM

Make a note of it, and hold it against them. That's what my employer would do.

IdolEyes787
03-15-2012, 09:39 PM
None of the hawt burds who work here have computer skillz, which is a good thing as if they did, they might actually be able to find out what I'm downloading and stuff :ermm:

chalice
03-16-2012, 10:14 AM
Thought of an idea for a TV show.

Gonna get four pikeys and starve them to an emaciated degree, put them in a boxing ring each attached to re-enforced elastic bands at each corner, put about six turnips in the centre of the ring, and cheer for my favourite as the hilarity ensues.

Gonna call it 'Hungry Hungry Gippos'.

Artemis
03-16-2012, 10:27 AM
:drummer:

ziggyjuarez
03-16-2012, 01:35 PM
I think somebody made up a story with a similar situation I was in, Just to gain some new insight on ziggy.

chalice
03-17-2012, 09:01 AM
Today I shall be mostly getting rat-arsed drunk and wopped while listening to The Pogues at volume in patriotic tribute to my spastic countrymen.

It's five to nine in the am. I shall be foregoing breakfast and lurching straight for the vino rouge. I expect, nay demand to be experiencing the cheerful agony of hiccoughs before the afternoon.

chalice
03-17-2012, 09:08 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8ZAqxg__Rs

mjmacky
03-18-2012, 09:34 AM
Went to the mall to by an impulse gift for someone, only because I want to use it a little first. Stopped by the Orange Julius for a taste of nostalgia.

Sorry, what is an 'Orange Julius'?

It's like having an orange shoot its frothy cum into your mouth.

ziggyjuarez
03-18-2012, 01:36 PM
Happy Sunday people.

pwnloiiopwn
03-18-2012, 04:24 PM
Guess I'm winning right now :)

enoughfakefiles
03-18-2012, 09:36 PM

Right now :unsure:

megabyteme
03-18-2012, 09:50 PM
Went to the mall to by an impulse gift for someone, only because I want to use it a little first. Stopped by the Orange Julius for a taste of nostalgia.

Sorry, what is an 'Orange Julius'?

It's like having an orange shoot its frothy cum into your mouth.

You have to remember the barbaric lifestyles of those beyond our borders, Macky.

mjmacky
03-18-2012, 11:23 PM
You have to remember the barbaric lifestyles of those beyond our borders, Macky.

I had to use the quote to preemptively intercept further foreign inquiries.

pwnloiiopwn
03-19-2012, 08:17 AM

Right now :unsure:

yup right now ._.

Artemis
03-19-2012, 08:26 AM
If I throw a stick will you go away?

manker
03-19-2012, 09:38 AM

I have two things to say: is that a real and actual photo taken with your fair hand? If so I'd like to comment upon your choice of kitchen-ware. Also, I just looked at the filename of the said photo - am I to take it that the drink is concentrated.

mjmacky
03-19-2012, 10:23 AM

I have two things to say: is that a real and actual photo taken with your fair hand? If so I'd like to comment upon your choice of kitchen-ware. Also, I just looked at the filename of the said photo - am I to take it that the drink is concentrated.

1. Yes, and what kitchenware?
2. I use weird filenames primarily for my own amusement and secondarily to see if anyone is paying attention. As for the secondary motive, Squeams is the first, you are the second (if anyone's keeping count).

manker
03-19-2012, 10:39 AM
Your gran has got some funky condiments.
Wood on sepia; the choice of new generation in the before-time.

IdolEyes787
03-19-2012, 11:42 AM
Where do you keep the chopsticks?

mjmacky
03-19-2012, 01:17 PM
Where do you keep the chopsticks?

@manker, not condiments. Old sake and baijiu flasks.

manker
03-19-2012, 01:20 PM
Ooh, more background stuff to comment upon.

I'd appreciate it if you posted a non-blurry photo though. Perhaps an unedited one too so that your readers can see more of the area.
The text on that cup is unreadable and who knows what others important insights your slap-happy presentation has curtailed.

manker
03-19-2012, 01:23 PM
Also; I've no idea what sake or baijiu is but I'm pretty sure that further analysis will back up my condiment assertion.

mjmacky
03-19-2012, 01:26 PM

I'd appreciate it if you posted a non-blurry photo though. Perhaps an unedited one too so that your readers can see more of the area.
The text on that cup is unreadable and who knows what others important insights your slap-happy presentation has curtailed.

You're so flippin' greedy, aren't you? I haven't been presented any incentives to oblige, and it's near my home departure time. So moving cropped photo is all you get (one of my reasons for cropping and resizing images is to save some room for my allotted attachment space).

mjmacky
03-19-2012, 01:26 PM
Also; I've no idea what sake or baijiu is but I'm pretty sure that further analysis will back up my condiment assertion.

You dip your chips in rum and whiskey I take it?

manker
03-19-2012, 01:31 PM

You're so flippin' greedy, aren't you? I haven't been presented any incentives to oblige, and it's near my home departure time. So moving cropped photo is all you get (one of my reasons for cropping and resizing images is to save some room for my allotted attachment space).
We have an allotted attachment space?
True question. I had no idea.

I'll provide you with some allurement. Provide a better pic and I'll ... ummm ... post a pic of something of your choosing that's in my office :unsure:

manker
03-19-2012, 01:32 PM

You dip your chips in rum and whiskey I take it?
You win this time, maryface :fist:

IdolEyes787
03-19-2012, 05:48 PM

Sake is what happens to slow quarterbacks and baijiu is a stringed instrument favoured by hillbillies.

manker
03-19-2012, 05:54 PM

Sake is what happens to slow quarterbacks and baijiu is a stringed instrument favoured by hillbillies.Good thing you're here.

I had assumed that sake was something owned by fuck and that baijiu was a ball-shaped conglomeration of mechanically recovered canine slurry mixed with onions and favoured by Indians in their cuisine.
It could have been embarrassing.

IdolEyes787
03-19-2012, 06:06 PM
I'm reasonably sure that in as previous life I was a dictionary.

Skiz
03-19-2012, 07:00 PM
Lastdayofvacationsup.

A new Formula 1 track is being built just outside the city limits here, putting it about 20 minutes from my house. I was listening to some talk radio this week where the host was mentioning the enormous markup on hotels for that week (about a 800-1000% markup from standard rates). So I went online to see what homeowners with comparable homes are renting for during the event and it's like $1200-$1900/night. :o It's a bit scary to think of a complete stranger living in my home for 3-5 days, but if it's done through one of the popular sites like HomeAway or VRBO with a sizable security deposit, then I'll feel a little better about it. Have any of you ever rented your home out for something like that?

manker
03-19-2012, 09:40 PM
Lastdayofvacationsup.

A new Formula 1 track is being built just outside the city limits here, putting it about 20 minutes from my house. I was listening to some talk radio this week where the host was mentioning the enormous markup on hotels for that week (about a 800-1000% markup from standard rates). So I went online to see what homeowners with comparable homes are renting for during the event and it's like $1200-$1900/night. :o It's a bit scary to think of a complete stranger living in my home for 3-5 days, but if it's done through one of the popular sites like HomeAway or VRBO with a sizable security deposit, then I'll feel a little better about it. Have any of you ever rented your home out for something like that?I reckon it's a good idea so long as you're not too entrenched within your surroundings.

The Ryder Cup was near to my home in 2010 and there was similar talk about people who were going to rent their house out for a the week.
As it approached, the prices offered fell and I think the average was around £1200 ($7.3bn) for the three days. Not all that many people who were on about it actually went to the effort.

I was never tempted, it seemed like such an effort to move everyone and everything of value out for a week and then back in again. I only know of one person who did it and she did alright out of it, too. The merkin family were decent god-tearing folk (are there any other kind) who left her house cleaner than when they arrived.

She said the agency fees were horrific - but that's to be expected, I spose.

Something Else
03-19-2012, 10:11 PM
Those god-tearing folk scare me. Skizo. If you do gopher it, don't forget to remove the porn and dead animals first. Obviousment.

manker
03-19-2012, 10:29 PM
Maybe he could move the eviscerated bunny rabbits and the decapitated deer into the wankpit and padlock the door so that the god-fearing folk don't have to wallow in his hobbies :smilie4:

mjmacky
03-20-2012, 03:05 AM
I'm reasonably sure that in as previous life I was a dictionary.

You use too many modern terms for me to find that believable.

manker
03-20-2012, 12:52 PM

Should I do this myself or get a filthy builder to do it.
I've been musing upon this for quite some days. Some might say procrastinating.

Proper Bo
03-20-2012, 02:01 PM
you might need someone to help you with the massive measuring tape and stanley knife, like.

manker
03-20-2012, 02:11 PM
They were nearer to my mind's eye when I conceptualised the problem.
I reckon they're probably small enough for me to lift on my own without the help of some expert implement handler.

Proper Bo
03-20-2012, 02:38 PM
4/10 for that one.

manker
03-20-2012, 02:40 PM
:blink:

Proper Bo
03-20-2012, 03:31 PM
I reckon they're probably small enough for me to lift on my own without the help of some expert implement handler.

that

manker
03-20-2012, 04:28 PM
Oh, you.
I just didn't want to write filthy builders again.

IdolEyes787
03-20-2012, 04:42 PM

Is this a serious type question and if so is there underpad or the removal of baseboard to consider.

If so I suggest a builder ,infloor heating and hardwood.
Unless you can't afford it or are living in 1980 that is.

manker
03-20-2012, 04:58 PM

Is this a serious type question and if so is there underpad or the removal of baseboard to consider.

If so I suggest a builder ,infloor heating and hardwood.
Unless you can't afford it or are living in 1980 that is.I don't think I have underpads or baseboard. Or maybe I do have baseboard because it looks like a board and it's down at the base of the room :unsure:
I'm just going to stick the carpet to that with spray glue. It surely must be very easy.

The area to be carpeted is for one of the offices downstairs in work, I bought exhibition carpet for the whole of the downstairs, the stairs themselves and the landing - and it cost £100. They just let me take as much as I wanted, so I just filled up the transit ftw. The builders laid most of it but then fucked off without laying it in a small office. I haven't paid them for doing it or anything and they seem reluctant to come back for such a small job.

I look forward to the infloor heating and hardwood when I come and lean on the balustrade outside of your log cabin or w.e

Skiz
03-20-2012, 06:43 PM
The pad is pretty important actually. It keeps the carpet fibers from quickly wearing out between the foundation (or whatever base you have) and the day to day foot traffic. Not to mention the added comfort. Without that, you don't get the comfort of carpet and that kind of defeats the purpose in having it I would think. :unsure:

manker
03-20-2012, 06:54 PM
Ah, I think you guise mean underlay when you say underpad.

I put the expensive carpet with underlay and grippers upstairs in my office and the meeting rooms.
The carpet downstairs will probably have to be replaced after a few years but wtf, it hardly cost anything.

The hawt burds seem happy enough with the exhibition carpet though and I've said they can come upstairs and walk on the decent stuff occasionally if they take their shoes off.

IdolEyes787
03-20-2012, 08:33 PM
Ah, I think you guise mean underlay when you say underpad.

I thought they called that the boot in England.

http://joneakes.com/jons-fixit-database/1106-Carpet-underpads

ziggyjuarez
03-20-2012, 09:42 PM
Trypophobia pictures make my skin bubble
*shiver

megabyteme
03-20-2012, 11:49 PM
The real reason the rug needs to be replaced:

http://i40.tinypic.com/5374fq.jpg

Which does increase the price of the job- unless, you are in New Jersey. Nobody replaces their carpets in new Jersey.

manker
03-21-2012, 12:09 AM
Cheers, mbm. The stanley knife looks a decent size now :happy:

Bo's tiny hands must have made my tool seem bigger.

mjmacky
03-21-2012, 01:39 AM
I personally prefer hard flooring over carpeting. Lay it yourself, then hire a barber.

Snee
03-21-2012, 01:55 PM
Private Function doAbort(byVal children As...

I glagged, when I found that in the code.

Then I showed a mate, and he was like 'how awful!'

And I was like 'yes, it's horrible :no:'

True story.

manker
03-21-2012, 11:13 PM
hmmz.
So, Swedish coders.
Is the language contained within your code Swedish, or is it in English? Logically it would be English, I think. So was that conversation with your co-worker conducted in English too? I assume if you're going to code, then speaking English is a big help.

Lastly, have you ever thought about completely giving up speaking Swedish?

mjmacky
03-21-2012, 11:56 PM
We have an allotted attachment space?
True question. I had no idea.

I knew I never responded to this. Anyways, hopefully you remained in the dark or I just wasted 3 minutes finding this post (which I was forced to think about having uploaded a 1 MB pic).

Go to here (http://filesharingtalk.com/profile.php?do=editattachments) to see it. If yours is infinite because you're a mod then fuck you and go report yourself for fuckety fuck.

manker
03-22-2012, 02:43 AM
That was ridiculous.

I clicked your link and marvelled at the long list of all the attachments I've ever posted. Out of curiosity I clicked one of the oldest ones and ended up reading the 2006 version of this thread for an hour.

Edit: i didn't see a limit anywhere on the attachment page thing but i've got like 7 meg uploaded
/bed

mjmacky
03-22-2012, 03:43 AM
I've got 20 MB, the limit looks to be 100 MB for me.

cathymartin
03-22-2012, 08:03 AM
:d

Artemis
03-22-2012, 08:07 AM
:d

You had to edit that? :blink:

Snee
03-22-2012, 10:46 AM
:/

chalice
03-22-2012, 08:14 PM
My mate with the scarred urethra had to get his lad out in hospital today. It was a preliminary 'frighten the fucking bejaysus out of the patient' kinda thing. I think they do it to keep down costs on the National Health. Intimidate the walking wounded so they walk the fuck somewhere else.

In his own words...

Originally quoted by My Mate With The Dodgy Todger

Did you get my message about the dick meeting i had. My options are superb, for me the term cured doesn't really apply. Either i get the same operation i had before and live a life of daily knob stretching, or, i have invasive surgery that the Paki doc described as cosmetically undesirable and spend the next few years hoping it doesn't get worse. The latter involves them cutting into my wab and sewing in a 'skin flap' that will render me disabled in terms of a stand up piss pot. Fun times! Needless to say i shall be either choosing the first option or hanging myself forthwith

Fuck that. Fuck that all over the place. :no:

Take note, oh yee of the perfect penis. It could happen to you.

megabyteme
03-22-2012, 08:44 PM
My mate with the scarred urethra had to get his lad out in hospital today. It was a preliminary 'frighten the fucking bejaysus out of the patient' kinda thing. I think they do it to keep down costs on the National Health. Intimidate the walking wounded so they walk the fuck somewhere else.

In his own words...

Did you get my message about the dick meeting i had. My options are superb, for me the term cured doesn't really apply. Either i get the same operation i had before and live a life of daily knob stretching, or, i have invasive surgery that the Paki doc described as cosmetically undesirable and spend the next few years hoping it doesn't get worse. The latter involves them cutting into my wab and sewing in a 'skin flap' that will render me disabled in terms of a stand up piss pot. Fun times! Needless to say i shall be either choosing the first option or hanging myself forthwith

What was the back-story on that? I kinda remember you saying something a ways back, but the details are lost...

chalice
03-22-2012, 09:10 PM

In his own words...

What was the back-story on that? I kinda remember you saying something a ways back, but the details are lost...

Not much of a back story. We were comparing biological tragedies one day and my mate's knob happened to pop up.

chalice
03-22-2012, 09:30 PM
In other, rather more fucking fantastic news, the previews for LOEG Century 2009 are out. I'm making baby muck in what's left of my pants.

ziggyjuarez
03-22-2012, 09:34 PM
Gay dick story fag.

chalice
03-22-2012, 09:37 PM
Gay dick story fag.

Shut the fuck up, you fucking minority.

Get back to being a wetback paedophile and being stupid. It's what you do best.

mjmacky
03-22-2012, 10:20 PM

In his own words...

What about a transplant, aren't there a number of members right here who have no foreseeable use for theirs in the coming decades?

ziggyjuarez
03-22-2012, 11:46 PM
:01:

manker
03-23-2012, 12:01 AM

In his own words...

Take note, oh yee of the perfect penis. It could happen to you.Sometimes, when you see someone you care about is suffering, your closest kin. You think; 'would that I could take your pain from you and suffer in your stead'.
Or something that doesn't sound quite so pretentious.

But fuck no, dad. All the best with your knob rot. I'm staying the fuck miles away from this :smilie4:

mjmacky
03-23-2012, 12:07 AM
Here's one.

Edit: That was meant for #1119, you sure like to butt in a lot.

manker
03-23-2012, 12:38 AM
I didn't read that. Not a word.

However I respect that you took the time to write it, you knob, you.You'll go back to it. You know you will.

Maybe tomoro, you'll have just got the plonk from your copious cellar, feeling a light, heady tingle from the pre-dinner spliff and you'll be all; 'hmmz. manker said something about churches. I must read it'.
And you will and it will be underwhelming and you'll be slightly disappointed due to that - but gladdened in a different way as you know of and prefer my strengths to be lying elsewhere.

chalice
03-23-2012, 12:43 AM
I didn't read that. Not a word.

However I respect that you took the time to write it, you knob, you.You'll go back to it. You know you will.

Maybe tomoro, you'll have just got the plonk from your copious cellar, feeling a light, heady tingle from the pre-dinner spliff and you'll be all; 'hmmz. manker said something about churches. I must read it'.
And you will and it will be underwhelming and you'll be slightly disappointed due to that - but gladdened in a different way as you know of and prefer my strengths to be lying elsewhere.

Prolly, innit.

ziggyjuarez
03-23-2012, 07:43 AM
:/ Bed

chalice
03-23-2012, 07:54 AM
:/ Inflatable mattress hand-me-down

/fixed.

Snee
03-23-2012, 08:15 AM
Gay dick story fag.

If he were that stupid, why is it he keeps getting people annoyed with those short nothings?

That said, Allen removed a bracket from a quote the other day, and got a few posts out of that.

So I think ziggy's currently a bit behind.

I'm sorry for spoiling the game, tho, whomever it may concern.

Snee
03-23-2012, 08:16 AM
New LOEG looks awesome, tho.

chalice
03-23-2012, 08:36 AM

If he were that stupid, why is it he keeps getting people annoyed with those short nothings?

That said, Allen removed a bracket from a quote the other day, and got a few posts out of that.

So I think ziggy's currently a bit behind.

I'm sorry for spoiling the game, tho, whomever it may concern.

It annoys people by accident. Any intent is smothered by stupidity. Then again, I am rather prone to being annoyed by spastic-fantastics. It gives me direction.

Ziggy is marginally more clever than Allen. Having said that, chewing gum is marginally more clever than Allen.

Snee
03-23-2012, 08:50 AM
I disagree, tbh. I'm not saying it's the masterminds of the century here, mind you, but there's slightly more than meets the eye.

Snee
03-23-2012, 08:53 AM
Flipping woman keeps wanting me to come have coffee with her at wurk, every day.

I'm trying to do my ckrit poasting, ffs.

chalice
03-23-2012, 08:54 AM
I disagree, tbh. I'm not saying it's the masterminds of the century here, mind you, but there's slightly more than meets the eye.

If that's the case, they hide their light under a bushel the size of K fucking 2.

chalice
03-23-2012, 08:57 AM
Flipping woman keeps wanting me to come have coffee with her at wurk, every day.

I'm trying to do my ckrit poasting, ffs.

Sex her in the toilets and report back.

Snee
03-23-2012, 08:57 AM
:lol: :earl: @ the bushel

Btw, Horse Outside - still good.

chalice
03-23-2012, 09:04 AM
Btw, Horse Outside - still good.

You knows it. :smilie4:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aDwmWgRKIk&feature=related

mjmacky
03-23-2012, 09:25 AM

I put forth a small amount of effort to have them removed. If you can't even manage to add so much as a smilie...

I heard Allen tries to listen to his mobile voicemail by dialing 1 on a landline. It's the talk of the day care center.

I heard Ziggy tries to listen to his mobile voicemail by running and mumbling with an envelope in hand. It's the talk of the trailer park.

mjmacky
03-23-2012, 09:36 AM

chalice
03-23-2012, 09:40 AM
:eyebrows:

Well spotted. It is indeed Allan Quatermain as debauched by Sean Connery in that utter spunk bucket of a film. I'm impressed.

Did you catch the 'Massive Genius' reference? The only reason I got it is cos I watched the show just last week.

manker
03-23-2012, 10:07 AM
i bet it's not mary oc

mjmacky
03-23-2012, 01:14 PM
oc?

mjmacky
03-23-2012, 01:15 PM
Did you catch the 'Massive Genius' reference?

No I didn't, I don't watch the Sopranos.

manker
03-23-2012, 01:38 PM
oc?original content, pneub.

mjmacky
03-23-2012, 01:48 PM
oc?original content, pneub.

That's not a ubiquitous abbreviation, did you injure one of your digits or something?

By the way, that is a macky original. You won't find it anywhere else on the net. It also hurt to take another entire 1 MB out of my allotted space.

manker
03-23-2012, 02:03 PM
It's fairly ubiquitous.

I'm not sure if it's possible but maybe I could expand your space so you can fit more stuff in there.

Artemis
03-23-2012, 03:03 PM
.........maybe I could expand your space so you can fit more stuff in there.

Probably not, but speaking of magic, you could always ask Tesco.

manker
03-23-2012, 03:08 PM
.........maybe I could expand your space so you can fit more stuff in there.

Probably not, but speaking of magic, you could always ask Tesco.I don't think he has much time to do stuff.
I read a post the other day where he has to get up at like 6am and doesn't get home til nine in the night or something.
He is putting the new smileys on this weekend but I don't really want to ask for a load of other stuff.

Anyway, it was just a euphemism.

Artemis
03-23-2012, 03:18 PM
Probably not, but speaking of magic, you could always ask Tesco.I don't think he has much time to do stuff.
I read a post the other day where he has to get up at like 6am and doesn't get home til nine in the night or something.
He is putting the new smileys on this weekend but I don't really want to ask for a load of other stuff.

Anyway, it was just a euphemism.

Well why don't you just come out and tell Mary you want to roger him then? I don't think he's up to the subtlety of english welsh euphemisms

mjmacky
03-23-2012, 03:23 PM
Anyway, it was just a euphemism innuendo.

/decrypted

manker
03-23-2012, 04:39 PM
so it was :smilie4:

Snee
03-23-2012, 04:41 PM
Things the like of which the world will never see again here (http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/the-10-most-awkward-pictures-of-kim-jong-il-inspec) :(

manker
03-23-2012, 05:17 PM
Things the like of which the world will never see again here (http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/the-10-most-awkward-pictures-of-kim-jong-il-inspec) :(Despite being encumbered by a girls' name, he was a superb golf player.
He only played golf once, but he dished the pwnage. As you would expect. (http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/Jong+golfing+accomplishments+will+never+repeated/5883374/story.html)

iStatiK
03-23-2012, 05:19 PM
If i could close this thread... I win.

IdolEyes787
03-23-2012, 05:26 PM
If i could close this thread... I win.

Yes close the thread and win the internets.:unsure:

Skiz
03-23-2012, 05:44 PM
Things the like of which the world will never see again here (http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/the-10-most-awkward-pictures-of-kim-jong-il-inspec) :(Despite being encumbered by a girls' name, he was a superb golf player.
He only played golf once, but he dished the pwnage. As you would expect. (http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/Jong+golfing+accomplishments+will+never+repeated/5883374/story.html)

I lol'd the whole way through that. :lol:

Solid
03-23-2012, 06:49 PM
victory!

ckrit
03-23-2012, 08:46 PM
no mien

Skiz
03-23-2012, 09:02 PM
Been fooling around with a time lapse app on the iPhone. Pretty orsum stuff phones can do these days. I put it in the backyard today to watch the clouds. :happy:

The neighbors had a new roof put on yesterday and I'm pissed I didn't think to set it up to capture that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvPvFNNanqA

megabyteme
03-23-2012, 09:08 PM
Been fooling around with a time lapse app on the iPhone. Pretty orsum stuff phones can do these days. I put it in the backyard today to watch the clouds. :happy:

The neighbors had a new roof put on yesterday and I'm pissed I didn't think to set it up to capture that.

[video]

Would be better if post read, "Was helping a friend put a new roof on his house and found this iPhone sitting out. Had this time-lapse video and nude pics of neighbor's wife on it."

Skiz
03-23-2012, 09:10 PM
Not if you've seen the neighbors wife. :no:

Snee
03-23-2012, 09:21 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9NF2edxy-M

Maybe it's just me, but that's better than the original.

chalice
03-23-2012, 09:33 PM
Fuck me, Sneesworth, that was pretty fucking great. One guitar. I'm fucking staggered. True story.

Snee
03-23-2012, 09:50 PM
I've watched it a few times, now.

It's the sort of thing that makes me wish I could play an instrument, or sing. It's proper art, mang.

chalice
03-23-2012, 09:52 PM
I've watched it a few times, now.

It's the sort of thing that makes me wish I could play an instrument, or sing. It's proper art, mang.

Yep, I've watched about 4 times since you posted it. Cool as two fucks multiplied to the max.

Something Else
03-23-2012, 09:58 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvPvFNNanqA

What's the highest res it can output.

IdolEyes787
03-24-2012, 01:34 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9NF2edxy-M

Maybe it's just me, but that's better than the original.

That Ellen gets all the good acts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvviLGNydeg

That was awesome btw.

mjmacky
03-24-2012, 06:13 AM
No wonder they were weeping uncontrollably in the streets of Pyongyang on Monday at the loss of such athletic genius

Humorous as it was, couldn't subside enough rage to lol

North Korea's hardline regime is punishing those who did not cry at the death of dictator Kim Jong-il, according to reports.

Sentences of at least six months in labour camps are also apparently being given to those who didn't go to the organised mourning events, while anyone who criticised the new leader Kim Jong-un is also being punished.

Those who tried to leave the country, or even made a mobile phone call out, were also being disciplined, it has been claimed.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2085636/North-Koreans-face-labour-camps-upset-death-Kim-Jong-il.html

megabyteme
03-24-2012, 08:08 AM

North Korea's hardline regime is punishing those who did not cry at the death of dictator Kim Jong-il, according to reports.

Sentences of at least six months in labour camps are also apparently being given to those who didn't go to the organised mourning events, while anyone who criticised the new leader Kim Jong-un is also being punished.

Those who tried to leave the country, or even made a mobile phone call out, were also being disciplined, it has been claimed.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2085636/North-Koreans-face-labour-camps-upset-death-Kim-Jong-il.html

It is amazing what people will take without revolting.

Artemis
03-24-2012, 08:57 AM

It depends, Hitler had a personal army guarding him 'Liebstandarte Adolf Hitler' which swore allegiance only to him, 5 cars and 3 airplanes and which one he used was random, there were even multiple travel plans and yet there are 56 known attempts on his life. he just had better luck than the Roman emperors he was trying to emulate.

brotherdoobie
03-24-2012, 09:29 AM
Fantastico!

doobs

Snee
03-24-2012, 09:53 AM
That Ellen gets all the good acts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvviLGNydeg

That was awesome btw.

You've ruined it, now.

Srsly, tho. That show seems really dumb.

mjmacky
03-24-2012, 11:16 AM

It depends, Hitler had a personal army guarding him 'Liebstandarte Adolf Hitler' which swore allegiance only to him, 5 cars and 3 airplanes and which one he used was random, there were even multiple travel plans and yet there are 56 known attempts on his life. he just had better luck than the Roman emperors he was trying to emulate.

Supposedly 638 "attempts" on Castro. Obviously, unsuccessful is implied/inherent in the figure.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2006/aug/03/cuba.duncancampbell2

manker
03-24-2012, 12:22 PM
That was pretty cool, Skiz. I don't have an iPhone but my i'm going to look to see if my windaes phone has a similar app.

A thought just occured. I may not be able to leave my phone stationary for such a long period as to get a cool sunset vid or w.e.
It's a good thing you don't have many friends :sly:

Proper Bo
03-24-2012, 12:40 PM
afternewnsup, jizzcocks:smilie4:

manker
03-24-2012, 12:48 PM
hallo, boseph.

I accidentally read this 2006 thread the other day when Mary made me look at it. The best part was The being in love with you and you thinking that a passing storm caused the air in your attic to become electrically charged which then made your computer break.

I lol'd again in 2012.

Proper Bo
03-24-2012, 12:52 PM
I wonder what The is up to these days.

manker
03-24-2012, 12:56 PM
I checked out his jewtube. He's still posting occasional vids except now they're not cool ones of him and ourben being funny in a glebe way, he's decided that being casually racist is bad, he doesn't have quite so much acne and his hair is longer.

btw, you sometimes used to get your and you're mixed up :no:

Proper Bo
03-24-2012, 01:01 PM
I was probably wopped.

Off on holiday in a bit, innit.

manker
03-24-2012, 01:02 PM
Where you going, like?
avec le wench or wut

Proper Bo
03-24-2012, 01:05 PM
this place oop north called scotchland or something, with the wench and family, they've booked some fancy as fuck posh country house plaice with it's own grounds and stuff.
they're driving from down south now but It's only an hour and a half from here.

manker
03-24-2012, 01:10 PM
Bring me back some heroin.

And also, holiday with the family? When you getting married then.
Actually. Posh country house with its own grounds and stuff. And her family are going. And possibly your own family.

Congrats, Malcolm :01:

Proper Bo
03-24-2012, 01:11 PM
Bring me back some heroin.

And also, holiday with the family? When you getting married then.
Actually. Posh country house with its own grounds and stuff. And her family are going. And possibly your own family.

Congrats, Malcolm :01:

my family aren't going, like.
It's not far enough into jockland to get heroin I think, it's almost near civilisation (teh border).

manker
03-24-2012, 01:11 PM
It's about time you made an honest woman out of her. She is knocking on, like.
How did you propose? Did you ask her dad's permission and do all the traditional stuff.

And there was me thinking mulder or cheese would be first :cry:

manker
03-24-2012, 01:13 PM
incidental test :balustrade:

Edit: hurry up, tesco :fist:

Proper Bo
03-24-2012, 01:14 PM
It's about time you made an honest woman out of her. She is knocking on, like.
How did you propose? Did you ask her dad's permission and do all the traditional stuff.

And there was me thinking mulder or cheese would be first :cry:

Rod off, bawlbag.

manker
03-24-2012, 01:16 PM
:o
it was a genuine supposition based upon the evidence presented by your own fair hand and the background info I've gleaned while reading most of your quarter million back posts.

Proper Bo
03-24-2012, 01:19 PM
:o
it was a genuine supposition based upon the evidence presented by your own fair hand and the background info I've gleaned while reading most of your quarter million back posts.

:balustrade:

manker
03-24-2012, 01:23 PM
So am I to take it that you're not engaged or 'owt :unsure:

Proper Bo
03-24-2012, 01:27 PM
no rodney, we're not.

manker
03-24-2012, 01:28 PM
ffs, you can be so misleading.

Proper Bo
03-24-2012, 01:31 PM
:lol:

Proper Bo
03-24-2012, 01:32 PM
are you worried that i'll get married and she'll steal me from the internets forevar?:o

Proper Bo
03-24-2012, 01:32 PM
All that hard work trying to groom me, wasted.
I bet you never even quit smoking and just sent me some tabs in hopes of getting into my pants:no:

Proper Bo
03-24-2012, 01:33 PM
That only wurks for the wimmin round here, like.

manker
03-24-2012, 01:35 PM
Kind of, yeah. It happened to cheese and danb.
You're already not allowed when you're down her plaice, but I'm thinking of you instead of my own selfish needs.

She'll only turn you into barbie without the phoatieshawp skillz :no:

Proper Bo
03-24-2012, 01:36 PM
She'll make me rubbish at phoatieshawp?:o

Proper Bo
03-24-2012, 01:37 PM
I am allowed while I'm at her plaice but I don't have my account login saved on her computer and cant be arsed trying to log in.
That and I'm otherwise engaged in more interesting things:smilie4:

mjmacky
03-24-2012, 01:37 PM
when Mary made me look at it.

I did no such thing, you peaked at your own volition.

manker
03-24-2012, 01:38 PM
I bet you never even quit smoking and just sent me some tabs in hopes of getting into my pants:no:I sent you those cus they were ghey Marlboro lights that only burds and people with coats smurke. My parents brought them back for me from holidays. Spose they didn't realise that I only like the reds.

I never quit for longer than a few months, even though I told JP I did :shifty:

Proper Bo
03-24-2012, 01:39 PM

I bet you never even quit smoking and just sent me some tabs in hopes of getting into my pants:no:I sent you those cus they were ghey Marlboro lights that only burds and people with coats smurke. My parents brought them back for me from holidays. Spose they didn't realise that I only like the reds.

I never quit for longer than a few months, even though I told JP I did :shifty:

they do stink and taste shite, like.
free tabs are free tabs tho:smilie4:

manker
03-24-2012, 01:40 PM
I am allowed while I'm at her plaice but I don't have my account login saved on her computer and cant be arsed trying to log in.
barbie would be proud of your excuses, altho' i've noticed that he's decided to stop pretending that he runs his own life.

manker
03-24-2012, 01:41 PM
when Mary made me look at it.

I did no such thing, you peaked at your own volition.I don't recall the details but I'm sure you were to blame for my heightened curiosity.

Proper Bo
03-24-2012, 01:41 PM
barbie would be proud of your excuses, altho' i've noticed that he's decided to stop pretending that he runs his own life.

:lol: feck off

manker
03-24-2012, 01:50 PM
Another thing I noticed about the old thread.
I think you made Mulder decide to start going outside and make up for his lack of height by lifting heavy weights and running around a lot.

You did seem to mention it loike every day :schnauz:

Proper Bo
03-24-2012, 02:09 PM
and he's all the better for it, is he not?

=================================
bbl, holiday.

manker
03-24-2012, 02:18 PM
have a fantastic time.

post phoaties of the cake and bridesmaids, kthnx.

Artemis
03-24-2012, 02:56 PM
have a fantastic time.

It's the stag do cake you want phoaties of shirley?

manker
03-24-2012, 03:40 PM
have a fantastic time.

It's the stag do cake you want phoaties of shirley?I wouldn't be so cruel. Fie on you for even mentioning it, Arty.

Stag nights are notoriously difficult, nay, impossible to organise when all of your friends live inside your computer.

Artemis
03-24-2012, 03:55 PM
:glag:

Actually while everyone else seemed to be delivering pizza's while they were at university, my sideline was a bit more novel. I used to do security for strippers at stag nights birthday parties etc. and I've seen some really freaky things as I wended my way through that particular avocation.

The money wasn't bad either. :blink:

megabyteme
03-25-2012, 12:34 AM
For the scientists/lolcat lovers...

Something Else
03-25-2012, 08:23 PM
Watched Le Mepris with Mrs.Something Else. Brigitte Bardot's bum > .

tesco
03-25-2012, 10:31 PM
"Enjoy you own company. If you don't, who will?"
What's my fortune cookie trying to tell me? :emo:

Something Else
03-25-2012, 10:33 PM
It's telling you to have a panic-wank. You nose it makes scents.

In other news, the local Tesco got bricked in by hippies.

manker
03-25-2012, 10:43 PM
"Enjoy your own company. If you don't, who will?"
What's my fortune cookie trying to tell me? :emo:
It's trying to tell you to start up a company which will manufacture fortune cookies and fill them with grammatically correct advice.
For the more discerning customer :smilie4:

This time next year, you'll be a $millionaire (£139).

Snee
03-25-2012, 10:47 PM
Fuck's sake. Not even Alan Partridge can set that mentalist morbidangel straight.

manker
03-25-2012, 10:49 PM
Is something afoot in tard land :eyebrows:

Snee
03-25-2012, 10:49 PM
Yes, yes it is.

manker
03-25-2012, 11:00 PM
I can't understand what's going on. It's about something idrc about and morbid angel has the english skills of a liverpudlian.
Loved the partridge clip tho :happy:

Snee
03-26-2012, 05:52 PM
ffs. Dave's been commenting the fuck out of mary's about section. It's just pathetic now.

Not mary's work, obv. But dave's just batshit now.

Something Else
03-26-2012, 06:57 PM
Monday nights. There haven't been many of those in the last twenty years.

-Gary Neville (A minute ago on sky).

:pinch:

Snee
03-26-2012, 07:51 PM
Watching True Grit. The dude in the bear skin is a winnar.

manker
03-26-2012, 10:12 PM
ffs. Dave's been commenting the fuck out of mary's about section. It's just pathetic now.

Not mary's work, obv. But dave's just batshit now.
I hadn't seen all that. Great work, young padawan :balustrade:

Mary still afk? Maybe MagnumDave's mental magic got to him.

IdolEyes787
03-26-2012, 10:44 PM

See Jemimah Johnson for maybe the inspiration behind that character.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcsXC2xFis4&feature=related

I remember reading a book about "Liver Eating" Johnson a long time ago was both fascinated and repulsed by some acts attributed to the person. The movie steers away from most of the really gruesome stuff but still leaves you with the impression that "soft" and "Mountain Man" are two terms not likely to ever be used in the same sentence.
Although I just apparently did.:unsure:

IdolEyes787
03-26-2012, 10:49 PM
I just learned that Skiz has the unique ability to say please and still leave me with the impression that he wasn't trying to be polite.:mellow:

manker
03-26-2012, 10:58 PM
It's okay, Idol. Americans can't irony so it must have been an attempt at politeness.

IdolEyes787
03-26-2012, 11:01 PM
Are you sure that you didn't mean "Americans can't be polite so it must have been an attempt at irony?"

Snee
03-26-2012, 11:02 PM

See Jemimah Johnson for maybe the inspiration behind that character.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcsXC2xFis4&feature=related

I remember reading a book about "Liver Eating" Johnson a long time ago was both fascinated and repulsed by some acts attributed to the person. The movie steers away from most of the really gruesome stuff but still leaves you with the impression that "soft" and "Mountain Man" are two terms not likely to ever be used in the same sentence.
Although I just apparently did.:unsure:
I was actually watching this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUiCu-zuAgM

Should have been more specific :blushing:

bear dude here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLlbeRUpQ48

Snee
03-26-2012, 11:09 PM
Currently watching John Carter.

manker
03-26-2012, 11:10 PM
Are you sure that you didn't mean "Americans can't be polite so it must have been an attempt at irony?"You're thinking of the French.

Racist.

IdolEyes787
03-26-2012, 11:17 PM
Actually the French are masters at appearing to be polite but not meaning it. Maybe you were thinking of the Germans. Far as I know they have yet to apologized for either of the two World Wars or for Milli Vanilli.

IdolEyes787
03-26-2012, 11:22 PM
Let no know what you think because from what I've read most people say the commercials totally misrepresent the movie which actually isn't that bad supposedly.
The movie still bombed spectacularly at the box office and is on target to lose over $200 million dollars.

manker
03-26-2012, 11:32 PM
Actually the French are masters at appearing to be polite but not meaning it. Maybe you were thinking of the Germans. Far as I know they have yet to apologized for either of the two World Wars or for Milli Vanilli.But Germans make good stuff :smilie4:
Same with their allies, I think Pearl Harbour was a decent enough swap for robots and tentacle porn.

And also, don't think I missed your faux-pas. You just said that the French are masters of etiquette ironing, n'est ce-pas.

Artemis
03-27-2012, 04:04 AM
Actually the French are masters at appearing to be polite but not meaning it. Maybe you were thinking of the Germans. Far as I know they have yet to apologized for either of the two World Wars or for Milli Vanilli.

While revisionist history is lovely (I so enjoy a good fairytale) and history is written by the victors, the first world war was in no way the fault of the Germans, they were dragged unwillingly into the conflict by their mutual defense agreement with the Austro-Hungarian Empire.
Arch Duke Ferdinand was assassinated by Gavrilo Princip, therefore the Austro-Hungarians invaded Serbia (the had always coveted the Balkans). Then the Russians who had a pact with Serbia armed and marched to their defense, at which point Germany was dragged deeply unwillingly into the conflict by the pact with Austria-Hungary. Then the British and French declared war on the central powers and it was all on.

They should all be branded for Milli Vanilli though.

IdolEyes787
03-27-2012, 11:38 AM

While revisionist history is lovely (I so enjoy a good fairytale) and history is written by the victors, the first world war was in no way the fault of the Germans, they were dragged unwillingly into the conflict by their mutual defense agreement with the Austro-Hungarian Empire.
Arch Duke Ferdinand was assassinated by Gavrilo Princip, therefore the Austro-Hungarians invaded Serbia (the had always coveted the Balkans). Then the Russians who had a pact with Serbia armed and marched to their defense, at which point Germany was dragged deeply unwillingly into the conflict by the pact with Austria-Hungary. Then the British and French declared war on the central powers and it was all on.
I knew that . I probably should have tried to work it into the joke.

They should all be branded for Milli Vanilli though.

Not to mention Kraftwerk.Without those offspring of unwilling participates in the first World War( also known as The Great War and The War to End All Wars) I might not have to suffer through that Electronic Music shite now.
Or possibly the Austrians or the Hungarians are really behind that as well.

A music vid for manker not to watch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68C-r9kSLNE

Snee
03-27-2012, 11:43 AM
I liked John Carter. May poast more about it after work. Just cba to do it through a phone.

Artemis
03-27-2012, 02:06 PM
Not to mention Kraftwerk.Without those offspring of unwilling participates in the first World War( also known as The Great War and The War to End All Wars) I might not have to suffer through that Electronic Music shite now.
Or possibly the Austrians or the Hungarians are really behind that as well.

Well that is where the road differs for us, Kraftwerk were truly pioneers in terms of what later became 'industrial muzik' in Germany and Holland and were experimenting with analogue synthesisers long before sampling or the fairlight computer saw the light of day. Each tone was created and integrated into the whole, and they integrated different devices into the recordings and experimented pushing the edge further than anyone before. I still have my original LP copies of The Man Machine and Computer World along with works by Vangelis, Art Of Noise and of course Jean Michel Jarre.

Hair standing on end yet ?

You know sending explosives through the mail is illegal don't you?

Just saying like..... :fear:

Artemis
03-27-2012, 02:16 PM
My favorite Kraftwerk song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXa9tXcMhXQ

/Runs away playing Da Da Da on his casiotone C-101

manker
03-27-2012, 02:37 PM
Clever, Arty. Very clever.

I wish I'd thought of posting about stuff from the before time in an observational manner, so it would surreptitiously add a decade or two to my age so that Squeams would send me a pic of her bewbs also.

Artemis
03-27-2012, 02:44 PM
:naughty:

IdolEyes787
03-27-2012, 04:46 PM
[ Kraftwerk were truly pioneers in terms of what later became 'industrial muzik' in Germany and Holland and were experimenting with analogue synthesisers long before sampling or the fairlight computer saw the light of day.

I think that's what I meant when I said electronic shite.:unsure:

megabyteme
03-27-2012, 05:20 PM
You have to give the Germans credit for being able to express their perpetual grouchiness in as few (repetitive) words as possible. And, with 20M hits, I'd say make it cool, too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=My0HQ0QkGLQ

Snee
03-27-2012, 06:24 PM
Let no know what you think because from what I've read most people say the commercials totally misrepresent the movie which actually isn't that bad supposedly.
The movie still bombed spectacularly at the box office and is on target to lose over $200 million dollars.

Assuming that "no" in fact means "me" in the post above, I went ahead and wrote something in that waystation between the internet at large and the BT section where the crackheads like to post about how they've watched twilight/the hangover/some other crap, and now have no thoughts left in their heads, or something.

IdolEyes787
03-27-2012, 08:07 PM
Assuming that "no" in fact means "me" in the post above, I went ahead and wrote something in that waystation between the internet at large and the BT section where the crackheads like to post about how they've watched twilight/the hangover/some other crap, and now have no thoughts left in their heads, or something.

I could lie and say that I seem to be getting stupider at an alarming rate but truth is I've always been this stupid I just took more care to cover it up.:mellow:
Anyway good to see that you got something out of the movie and that it didn't end up a total waste of your time.

Something else I read in criticism of it and maybe you engulfed in nostalgia could look past it but it's been reported that the film suffers from being almost too literal a translation of the source material, Rice Burroughs not having the imagination of things extraterrestrial as say someone like Jules Verne.

Snee
03-27-2012, 08:19 PM
Welp.

Did the low-gravity jumping seem a bit off to me? Yes. Could Mars have looked more exotic? Yes.

Otherwise, I can't say I'm much bothered by any lack of imagination in the movie. The aliens were no worse than, say, the Baku of Star Trek: Generations, or indeed most aliens in Star Trek period.

Also, they'd covered for Burroughs a bit, I thought. The original Carter is apparently an immortal to begin with, and takes trips to Mars by astral projection, iirc.

The movie skips the immortal bit, more or less, and puts him there by means of technology. The scenario may be a bit forced, but I'll take it over the original.

TBH, from what I've read about the original Barsoom novels, the problem isn't lack of imagination as much as that it reads like a teenage fantasy, complete with the alien princess strolling about in the buff.

Snee
03-27-2012, 09:54 PM
Also, you're no stupid. You're just addicted to really experimental grammar.

Snee
03-27-2012, 09:58 PM
Some stuff I've got coming through the mail this week:

Should get here tomorrow:

A Clockwork Orange (Blu-Ray)
Alien - Anthology Box (Blu-ray) (6 disc)
Pandorum (Blu-ray)
Conan the Barbarian (3D Blu-ray)
Firefly - Complete series (3 disc) (Blu-ray)

Later this week:

http://www.cme-pro.com/en/product-detail.php?product_id=3 (oshit, there's a pink version. Why'd I order the gray one :()

:smilie4:

Artemis
03-27-2012, 10:22 PM

Pandorum (Blu-ray)

Later this week:

http://www.cme-pro.com/en/product-detail.php?product_id=3 (oshit, there's a pink version. Why'd I order the gray one :()

Great list right up to the Conan the Barbarian 3D bit......srsly? :blink:

IdolEyes787
03-27-2012, 10:26 PM

Pandorum (Blu-ray)

Later this week:

Things I just learned about Snee:
He's getting soft on idiots.
He's into movies set on poorly lit spaceships where things morph and people die.
He's rich as fuck.
He likes the colour blu an uncommonly lot.
He posts links to broken websites.

brotherdoobie
03-27-2012, 10:26 PM
Did I win?

-n00bs

manker
03-27-2012, 10:27 PM
He likes big muscles :idunno:

brotherdoobie
03-27-2012, 10:27 PM
Fuck ... I wonder how many times that has been asked over the years ...

-doobs

IdolEyes787
03-27-2012, 10:28 PM
Great list right up to the Conan the Barbarian 3D bit......srsly? :blink:

You only say that because you're gay.