PDA

View Full Version : Last one to post wins the internets (archived)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

manker
03-27-2012, 10:32 PM
Fuck ... I wonder how many times that has been asked over the years ...

-doobs
It's more of a statement than a question but, yeah, I get it a lot.
I think it's muh smexy avatar.

brotherdoobie
03-27-2012, 10:55 PM
Chow, bbl.

-doobs

Artemis
03-27-2012, 11:54 PM
Great list right up to the Conan the Barbarian 3D bit......srsly? :blink:

You only say that because you're gay.

I'm sorry if you were offended when I called you stupid.....I thought you already knew. :idunno:

IdolEyes787
03-28-2012, 12:01 AM
You only say that because you're gay.

I'm sorry if you were offended when I called you stupid.....I thought you already knew. :idunno:

Try to think things through better ,if I'm that stupid how could I possibly be expected to know?

Snee
03-28-2012, 08:45 AM
The new Conan isn't that terrible, actually.

Ok, it kind of is, but it's also sort of funny in an unintentional way. And anyways, it only cost me lyke 6 squid :idunno:

I've not posted any broken links, tho :snooty:

manker
03-28-2012, 08:54 AM
Alrite, flowe. The link was fecked when you posted it but has now come back to life.

nice keyboard :unsure:

Snee
03-28-2012, 09:21 AM
I should have listened to my nephew when he told me you crashed the car and smell like poo :no:

mjmacky
03-28-2012, 10:00 AM
Some stuff I've got coming through the mail this week:

Should get here tomorrow:

A Clockwork Orange (Blu-Ray) - meh...
Alien - Anthology Box (Blu-ray) (6 disc) - are you buying all of these?
Pandorum (Blu-ray) - meh...
Conan the Barbarian (3D Blu-ray) - wha? why?
Firefly - Complete series (3 disc) (Blu-ray) - hellzyeah

Up in the cumulonimbus.

mjmacky
03-28-2012, 10:04 AM
I'm just trying my hand at shortcut replies at the expense of others.

Snee
03-28-2012, 10:48 AM
Idrk what people have against Conan, tbh.

It's one of the best comedies I saw last year.

My favourite scene is the one after they've been ambushed on the boat, and Conan, standing surrounded by the corpses of his friends and enemies, raises his sword and goes 'YEAAAAH'.

That's good writing, that is.

Snee
03-28-2012, 10:50 AM
Also, the Alien collection is a package, like.

IdolEyes787
03-28-2012, 11:33 AM
My favourite scene is the one after they've been ambushed on the boat, and Conan, standing surrounded by the corpses of his friends and enemies, raises his sword and goes 'YEAAAAH'.

I think the problem is that such wit pales beside Arnold punching a camel. Movie goers are known to be discerning like that.

Actually I thought the new Conan, though flawed, captured the spirit of that sort of stuff pretty well.

manker
03-28-2012, 11:59 AM

That's good writing, that is.Spoiltard.

Now everyone will know that he kills loads of people and wins out in the end :no:

ckrit
03-28-2012, 01:12 PM
vvvcvchhgggvvcxxxdxdfdedqssasscfddwdddwwffwd, pendant.

manker
03-28-2012, 01:26 PM
Ohai.
I was talking to your uncle-son the other day and he said that for his birthday he wants a tight fitting blu t-shirt with 'CONAN FAN' emblazoned upon the front and a pre-politics Arnold bicep, glistering with sweat beads, portrayed on the back.
In 3D if possible.

Artemis
03-28-2012, 01:27 PM
vvvcvchhgggvvcxxxdxdfdedqssasscfddwdddwwffwd, pendant.
Manker eventually reduces everyone to smashing their forehead into the keyboard. :yup:

Snee
03-28-2012, 01:35 PM
Ohai.
I was talking to your uncle-son the other day and he said that for his birthday he wants a tight fitting blu t-shirt with 'CONAN FAN' emblazoned upon the front and a pre-politics Arnold bicep, glistering with sweat beads, portrayed on the back.
In 3D if possible.
Was that meant to be a bad thing?

Cos that would be fantastic in an ironic sort of way. Perhaps in combination with a pair of oversized sunglasses, worn upside down and askew, as is his wont :smilie4:

manker
03-28-2012, 01:41 PM
agreed with the fantastic thing. I was writing it and thinking that it would be the kind of thing i'd wear to footie
does the pronoun there refer to arnie or uncle-son :ermm:

Snee
03-28-2012, 01:45 PM
I've never seen Arnold wear sunglasses that awesomely :unsure:

manker
03-28-2012, 01:55 PM
Me either.
I thought I'd better ask a conan-fan to be sure, though.

Snee
03-28-2012, 02:09 PM
Shouldn't that be 'neither', or have you gone american :ghey:

manker
03-28-2012, 02:21 PM
I lay the blame firmly at the door of The Vampire Diaries.
It's insidious.

but zomg stefan is good again after being bad and damon is trying to pretend he doesn't care about elena but he does rly and something cool is about to happen with alaric and klaus made a dick move last week and i think this week's episode will be the best evar.

Snee
03-28-2012, 02:49 PM
Idk. I'd harsh you over that, but I've just had a female coworker visit my office and stay for a chat about footie and cycling, which she initiated, and now I'm a bit shellshocked from the magnitude of it all.

Totally.

manker
03-28-2012, 02:57 PM
Burds don't sport.
She must have been interested in your cawkal area :smilie4:

Snee
03-28-2012, 03:08 PM
This one sports, I'm reliably informed.

Do you reckon it's a man, rly?

IdolEyes787
03-28-2012, 03:21 PM
I've never seen Arnold wear sunglasses that awesomely :unsure:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8whTM5hE6A

Snee
03-28-2012, 04:07 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kb9lSnCfoKo

no reason...

manker
03-28-2012, 06:15 PM
I see that Walking Dead thread in movieworld is pretty active.
I've been watching it and really like it but I'm not up to date with it. I have six episodes til I catch up completely.

Thing is, I really want to see what people are saying about it but I don't want spoilers.
Teh missus keeps making me watch Fringe and Vampire Diaries and Spartacus and Supernatural and Nikita .. but there are no active threads on those.

Sort it out, Idol.

IdolEyes787
03-28-2012, 06:37 PM
I've been watching it and really like it but I'm not up to date with it. I have six episodes til I catch up completely.

Thing is, I really want to see what people are saying about it but I don't want spoilers.
Teh missus keeps making me watch Fringe and Vampire Diaries and Spartacus and Supernatural and Nikita .. but there are no active threads on those.

Sort it out, Idol.

OK I'll report and suggest that from hence forward all topics in the Movie/TV Section be broken into clearly labelled and separate spoiler and spoiler free threads.
I'm sure the staff will see the obvious wisdom in that.

chalice
03-28-2012, 09:24 PM
Haven't antagonised Dave in a while. Feel as if I should, but I don't feel the need when he's such a fucking tetraplegic. Oh, all right then.

Hey, Dave, you're a fucking tetraplegic.

Ha ha. :smilie4:

manker
03-28-2012, 09:28 PM

Sort it out, Idol.

OK I'll report and suggest that from hence forward all topics in the Movie/TV Section be broken into clearly labelled and separate spoiler and spoiler free threads.
I'm sure the staff will see the obvious wisdom in that.You misunderstand. I mean once you're done perching on my balustrade, come inside and occupy teh missus while I catch up on The Walking Dead.

I used to have a bleeding heart liberal non-threatening and possibly homosexual friend who'd come over occasionally and talk to the missus about handbags or w.e while I posted pish or watched sci-fi.
I envisage you as having the same kind of skill-set :smilie4:

manker
03-28-2012, 09:33 PM
Haven't antagonised Dave in a while. Feel as if I should, but I don't feel the need when he's such a fucking tetraplegic. Oh, all right then.

What's that you say, you're going to amputate his head and all four limbs.
That's it, he's gonna move again now you cruel bastard.

'come along kids, we're uprooting and I don't give a fuck about your GCSEs. there's an irish man on the internets and he can't be stopped'

chalice
03-28-2012, 09:44 PM

What's that you say, you're going to amputate his head and all four limbs.
That's it, he's gonna move again now you cruel bastard.

'come along kids, we're uprooting and I don't give a fuck about your GCSEs. there's an irish man on the internets and he can't be stopped'

I think you'll find that you were the one who relieved him of his self-defeating limbs, thank you very muchness.

manker
03-28-2012, 09:50 PM
Only his hands :happy:

chalice
03-28-2012, 09:57 PM
Only his hands :happy: Good job. Have you seen his mouth? It's disgusting. 105290

manker
03-28-2012, 10:07 PM
I wonder if those fingers would be prehensile :eyebrows:

mjmacky
03-29-2012, 07:37 AM
For the scientists/lolcat lovers...

I don't think anyone acknowledged it, you can have my cool story bromide award.

megabyteme
03-29-2012, 11:31 AM
For the scientists/lolcat lovers...

I don't think anyone acknowledged it, you can have my cool story bromide award.

Na.

manker
03-29-2012, 11:40 AM
funneh :schnauz:

Snee
03-29-2012, 06:09 PM
ffs. Does Dave not read his own comments on Mary's blog.

If I was making a blog attempting to make it out as if he isn't the mental one, I'm hella sure I would link to the one place where you can find posts with him going insane with one click of a button.

Snee
03-29-2012, 06:38 PM
Do note that the above post contains language that on the surface implies the exact opposite of what I actually mean.

Snee
03-29-2012, 07:24 PM
Alrite, flowe. The link was fecked when you posted it but has now come back to life.

nice keyboard :unsure:
It's already paid off. I now know lyke five notes, I have practiced a sequence out of für elise lyke 57 times, and the neighbors hate my guts.

IdolEyes787
03-29-2012, 09:20 PM
A preview of a preview. Obviously sponsored by the funeral industry to make death more appealing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-Jt9RCy4v4

Snee
03-29-2012, 09:26 PM
He peaked in Fright Night :no:

Snee
03-29-2012, 11:19 PM
nite.

That means I'm going to sleep. You idiots.

manker
03-29-2012, 11:22 PM
l8rs, snee-san.

manker
03-31-2012, 11:14 AM
Going out on a mike rayer stag-do in Swansea.

If I can post when I get home tonight, I will.
Expect h4r5hness interspersed with grammatical errors :o

Skiz
03-31-2012, 06:54 PM
These TED Talks are great.

"Comic author Rob Reid unveils 'Copyright Math', a remarkable new field of study based on actual numbers from entertainment industry lawyers and lobbyists."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZadCj8O1-0

megabyteme
03-31-2012, 08:22 PM
These TED Talks are great.

"Comic author Rob Reid unveils 'Copyright Math', a remarkable new field of study based on actual numbers from entertainment industry lawyers and lobbyists."

[video]

That was fantastic, skiz!

Something Else
03-31-2012, 09:24 PM
I'm going to watch the first episode of Walking Dead. :unsure:

Something Else
04-01-2012, 10:00 AM
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg275/rubthelamp/amybarnet.jpg

manker
04-01-2012, 07:16 PM
Update on the carpet laying:

I couldn't be arsed. I got two blokes in my office laying it right now.
I really thought that if I posted about it and told a load of people irl that I was going to do it, that it would stop me procrastinating. But newp :mellow:

mjmacky
04-01-2012, 07:47 PM
pics of the blokes laying carpet, whooo!

manker
04-01-2012, 07:59 PM
Surprisingly, I didn't take one.

Have a pic of Ian Somerhalder in a suit instead:

Skiz
04-01-2012, 08:01 PM
So the gf is a marathoner. This weekend, she and a couple of other people decided to compete in the Texas Independence Relay. The route retraces much of the march the soldiers made en route to The Battle of San Jacinto which ultimately won Texas it's independence. The race is from Bastrop (just outside of Austin) to the other side of Houston at the battleground and monument area, totaling 203 miles. I've been tracking her progress via the 'Find Friends' app and they're just about to finish, 31 hours later. Madness. :mellow:

megabyteme
04-01-2012, 08:30 PM
So the gf is a marathoner. This weekend, she and a couple of other people decided to compete in the Texas Independence Relay. The route retraces much of the march the soldiers made en route to The Battle of San Jacinto which ultimately won Texas it's independence. The race is from Bastrop (just outside of Austin) to the other side of Houston at the battleground and monument area, totaling 203 miles. I've been tracking her progress via the 'Find Friends' app and they're just about to finish, 31 hours later. Madness. :mellow:

The Mexicans being chased through the course must be exhausted by now. :O

mjmacky
04-01-2012, 08:47 PM

Perhaps you could expand the variety of subjects with which you two converse, and you could spend more time expanding on your thoughts about them.

Skiz
04-01-2012, 11:09 PM
http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/sony_pictures/totalrecall/

:o

IdolEyes787
04-01-2012, 11:51 PM

Hmm Len Wiseman and the guy who wrote the script for Constantine vs Paul Verhoeven and the duo who penned Alien,I wonder which version will be better?

manker
04-02-2012, 09:18 AM

Hmm Len Wiseman and the guy who wrote the script for Constantine vs Paul Verhoeven and the duo who penned Alien,I wonder which version will be better?Well?
Don't keep me in suspense. You're my Mulder substitute regarding movie films and telly.

I've been relying on teh missus for a couple of years and I think it's time that I (you) took control of what I watch.
I simply don't have to the time to be discerning.

IdolEyes787
04-02-2012, 11:38 AM
I'm afraid that answer will have to wait until August when the movie comes out. :(
I will tell you that the new one cost in excess of $200 million dollars plus another $100 million for advertising and yet August is historically a dumping ground for bad movies not potential blockbusters.
So as I see it potential positives: Didn't have to write the script around places for Arnold one-liners,better CG,Kate Beckinsale being sexy and kicking ass.
Potential negatives: no Mars,racism as it's now the it's Euros against the Chinese,plot will take a backseat to the improved CG ,Colin Farrel probably survives.

Anyway it's basically a moot point since as you watch Vampire Diaries I assume your standards must be incredibly low.:idunno:

manker
04-02-2012, 04:52 PM
I'm afraid that answer will have to wait until August when the movie comes out. :(
I will tell you that the new one cost in excess of $200 million dollars plus another $100 million for advertising and yet August is historically a dumping ground for bad movies not potential blockbusters.
So as I see it potential positives: Didn't have to write the script around places for Arnold one-liners,better CG,Kate Beckinsale being sexy and kicking ass.
Potential negatives: no Mars,racism as it's now the it's Euros against the Chinese,plot will take a backseat to the improved CG ,Colin Farrel probably survives.

Anyway it's basically a moot point since as you watch Vampire Diaries I assume your standards must be incredibly low.:idunno:Okay, that's clear enough :unsure:
I'll watch it.

Also, I can only assume that you've never watched the vampire diaries.
It's about this good vampire who wrote in a diary for the first episode and then went bad while his evil brother turned good. The good brother is back to being good and the bad brother has reverted to type also.
There are also hawt chicks. werewolves and magic rings.

There literally isn't anything to dislike.

IdolEyes787
04-02-2012, 04:56 PM

I don't like things that are too representative of my real life.

manker
04-02-2012, 05:12 PM

I don't like things that are too representative of my real life.You're the guy who gets taken home to meet the parents and you think everything has gone fine, but when you leave, the mam says to the dad; 'He seems nice'. To which the dad arches an eyebrow and replies; 'Too nice, I don't trust him'.

You're Canadia's answer to Xander Harris.

IdolEyes787
04-02-2012, 07:22 PM
I see things but only out of my good eye.

manker
04-02-2012, 09:47 PM
:lol:

Okay well tell me how you get on with it. Start a thread in movie world, if you like, since I'm up to date with that series and will read it.
And also - Angel > Buffy > Vampire Diaries > *

Snee
04-02-2012, 09:52 PM
I'm watching Firefly.

Firefly > all of those.

manker
04-02-2012, 10:00 PM
True.
I should have said but what I posted pertains to vampire tellybox canon.

Also, the akinator (http://akinator.com) knew who Badger was when I was procrastinating earlier. Have you wasted time on that? it's pretty damn awesome.

Snee
04-02-2012, 10:04 PM
True.
I should have said but what I posted pertains to vampire tellybox canon.

Also, the akinator (http://akinator.com) knew who Badger was when I was procrastinating earlier. Have you wasted time on that? it's pretty damn awesome.

Doesn't work :idunno: I think it's cos it tries to redirect me to a localized version, which doesn't seem to exist.

Racists, one and all.

IdolEyes787
04-02-2012, 10:04 PM
Firefly was admittedly great but then again it didn't last long enough to go to shit. On the other hand both Buffy and Angel grew richer as they went along although I never figured out why they decided to kill out Angel's original sidekick Doyle and replace him with Cordelia.:mellow:

manker
04-02-2012, 10:18 PM
Firefly was admittedly great but then again it didn't last long enough to go to shit. On the other hand both Buffy and Angel grew richer as they went along although I never figured out why they decided to kill out Angel's original sidekick Doyle and replace him with Cordelia.:mellow:Cordelia was in it from the start but I'm glad they killed Doyle off, an equally annoying Irish version of Xander just wasn't needed - he wasn't any good at anything except for receiving messages from the powers so why not use the hawt chick instead.
She grew into the series quite nicely. Eventually :ermm:

manker
04-02-2012, 10:19 PM

Doesn't work :idunno: I think it's cos it tries to redirect me to a localized version, which doesn't seem to exist.

Racists, one and all.It's this dead good magic thing where the internets knows who you're thinking of after asking a few questions.

You should try a UK proxy :sly:

Snee
04-02-2012, 10:19 PM
I like the way she has tits.

Cordelia, that is.

IdolEyes787
04-02-2012, 10:24 PM

I just watch Conan again as it was premiering on TMN. Best part was Conan as a kid , in the rest of the movie not much really happened.:mellow: The main villain lacked charisma and wasn't convincing evil enough.The big set pieces weren't thrilling enough by half and the climax was both a little confusing and pretty flat.
Momoa did a good job but all the other characters except maybe his father were underwritten so I didn't care what happened to any of them. Also depressing to see how we or the movie industry has regressed in terms of confronting sex. Gutting someone is perfectly OK but instead of a nude Valeria riding Arnold we get a few dimly lit shots of an obvious body double.
Conan isn't Sir Galahad, everything( and that includes the fight scenes) needs to have a better sense of immediacy, be in your face and down and dirty.

manker
04-02-2012, 10:26 PM
I like the way she has tits.

Cordelia, that is.Hoi! Cunning linguist!
Stop translating my posts :fist:

Snee
04-02-2012, 10:28 PM
Gutting someone is perfectly OK but instead of a nude Valeria riding Arnold we get a few dimly lit shots of an obvious body double.

[snip]

Conan isn't Sir Galahad

Yeah, those two things did make me go all :dabs:

Snee
04-02-2012, 10:30 PM
Gutting someone is perfectly OK but instead of a nude Valeria riding Arnold we get a few dimly lit shots of an obvious body double.

[snip]

Conan isn't Sir Galahad

Yeah, those two things did make me go all :dabs:

As for the rest. Going into it with absolutely no expectations of greatness, or even something decent, made the movie a pretty nice surprise. Mustn't take it seriously, though.

IdolEyes787
04-02-2012, 10:36 PM
I didn't say that I didn't like it ,all the missed opportunities just weigh on me a bit.

Snee
04-02-2012, 10:37 PM
I didn't say that I didn't like it ,all the missed opportunities just weigh on me a bit.

So what you're saying here is that your glass of conan is half empty.

IdolEyes787
04-02-2012, 10:39 PM
I would but that sounds gay even for me.

IdolEyes787
04-02-2012, 10:43 PM
After freaking out for the last few days because the inadvertently illegal something I ordered into Canada was hung up in Customs "being reviewed" they just passed it and shipped it.:unsure:
I feel much safer now.:mellow:

manker
04-02-2012, 10:48 PM
After freaking out for the last few days because the inadvertently illegal something I ordered into Canada was hung up in Customs "being reviewed" they just passed it and shipped it.:unsure:
I feel much safer now.:mellow:Dewd.
Make a thread and offer a prize to the person who guesses correctly what it was. Give clues if no one comes close.
It could well be the most fantastic thread this week.

If you don't have a prize, I'll donate a Turkey T-Shirt I have hanging around.

Snee
04-02-2012, 10:50 PM
If it was a knock-off of some sort, it might not be as illegal as customs like to imply in those notes they send you.

Idk much of Canadian law in particular, but importing something like that for personal use is usually allowed, iirc.

manker
04-02-2012, 10:52 PM
Spoiltard.

megabyteme
04-03-2012, 11:55 AM

This post makes you sound like a total lawbreakin' badass! :fear:

mjmacky
04-03-2012, 12:42 PM

It's Canada, it must mean he's going to have some cream teas in the countryside and not worrying at all about being bummed.

Snee
04-03-2012, 03:40 PM
A message of tolerance and compassion from the rubberbandits:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFdK_TBrBGs

Also, nice hat.

Snee
04-03-2012, 04:01 PM
All the same dude (http://filesharingtalk.com/threads/442153-What-are-the-benefits-of-social-book-marking) [Y/N]?

If not, what sort of fuckwits join this forum for the nonsense they've been posting?

IdolEyes787
04-03-2012, 04:34 PM

It's Canada, it must mean he's going to have some cream teas in the countryside and not worrying at all about being bummed.

I only wish it was as cool as that.:O

IdolEyes787
04-03-2012, 04:46 PM
I feel much safer now.:mellow:Dewd.
Make a thread and offer a prize to the person who guesses correctly what it was. Give clues if no one comes close.
It could well be the most fantastic thread this week.

If you don't have a prize, I'll donate a Turkey T-Shirt I have hanging around.

It's more or less exactly the same size and weight of a crate of Mac 10s if they were to be broken down and disguised as humanitarian supplies.

Snee
04-03-2012, 04:51 PM
I'd have guessed something like this (http://www.greatkeenbike.com/main/home/cp_detail.php?id=116&nowmenuid=12&cpath=0009:&catid=9). True story.

IdolEyes787
04-03-2012, 05:08 PM
I'd have guessed something like this (http://www.greatkeenbike.com/main/home/cp_detail.php?id=116&nowmenuid=12&cpath=0009:&catid=9). True story.

No but I'd gladly trade my left nut for one if anyone would like to offer.

Actually it was just something called a PWO(pre-workout) supplement where one of the ingredients 1 ,3- dimethylamylamine ( a mild stimulant derived from geraniums) had it's designation changed from supplement to drug in Canada and couple other Commonwealth countries.
Apparently you still can't import drugs.:mellow:

Quarterquack
04-03-2012, 05:34 PM
one of the ingredients 1 ,3- dimethylamylamine ( a mild stimulant derived from geraniums) had it's designation changed from supplement to drug in Canada

You can thank Cancer research for that one.

By the way almost No supplements at all are actually effective. The most acceptable one from a scientific perspective is Creatine. But then if you factor in the side-effects, and the terribly essential detoxing after, you're better off without it.

IdolEyes787
04-03-2012, 07:27 PM
You are speaking as someone who has read a lot but has never used a PWO.I thought the same way until I tried one and the experience being a bit revelatory.
Sure most of the "benefits" are simply a caffeine high but I can honestly say that I rarely feel the same level of limiting fatigue that I use to experience all the time the day following a hard workout.
Anyway as far as I've heard there are no studies to link DMAA to cancer if that's what you are suggesting .Any of the anecdotal side effects seem to be more about increased anxiety or shortness of breath.The alleged risk of higher blood pressure or increased pulse seems to have been pretty much disproved.:unsure:

Also detoxifying from creatine?Your body produces creatine .:unsure:Sure if you overdose on the stuff you may end up harming your kidneys/liver but simply eating a diet too high in protein could have the same effect.

Anyway I'm not a scientist so I would be more than happy to believe anything you tell me if you back it up will hard evidence.

megabyteme
04-03-2012, 07:36 PM
side effects seem to be more about increased anxiety or shortness of breath.

So, we can look forward to your future posts reading like a Jew with asthma, then. :pinch:

IdolEyes787
04-03-2012, 08:05 PM
side effects seem to be more about increased anxiety or shortness of breath.

So, we can look forward to your future posts reading like a buff and sexy Jew with asthma and a shortened life expectancy ,then. :pinch: :ermm:

Something Else
04-03-2012, 08:51 PM
DMT should do it.

IdolEyes787
04-03-2012, 09:48 PM
The only drugs I do are of the accidental kind.:snooty:

IdolEyes787
04-03-2012, 09:52 PM
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1980209/ Suddenly Transformers doesn't look so bad.:mellow:

mjmacky
04-04-2012, 05:07 AM
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1980209/ Suddenly Transformers doesn't look so bad.:mellow:

Tony Shalhoub and Rob Corddry are the bodybuilders.

mjmacky
04-04-2012, 05:14 AM
But then if you factor in the side-effects, and the terribly essential detoxing after, you're better off without it.

Being that it is rather small and easily ionizable, it comes out in the urine pretty readily. So I don't see how one would need to attempt a detox rather than just let things run their course.

Quarterquack
04-04-2012, 05:43 AM

Forgive me, I missed the amyl in the middle. :happy:

Your body also produces DMT which Something Else mentioned, but I don't see you rushing to take that in for happiness or an edge. The thing most people ignore is that even if your body already produces something, it also regulates it. Your adding more to the pool of available proteins isn't really going to help. Sure, it increases a lot of Phosphate pathways etc. but there are other rate limiting steps involved in those pathways that are Creatine-independent. This is the explanation for all the muscle water weight you gain with Creatine. The body simply can't hydrolyze as fast as it needs, and it definitely can't utilize Creatine-P as fast as you supplement it. Your body can accustom itself to naturally produce that extra Creatine should it need it.

Your experience of feeling less exhausted after a work-out is not a placebo. But that's all the advantage Creatine supplements can actually give you. Creatine is great for short-burst energy, usually the 45 minute optimal work-outs etc. Other than that, it really can't do much in the body in the long-term. Just google "Creatine Efficacy" if you need more on that, but almost no one in the scientific/medical community thinks it's worth supplementing for the long term or for endurance sports.

Being that it is rather small and easily ionizable, it comes out in the urine pretty readily. So I don't see how one would need to attempt a detox rather than just let things run their course.

Right, but given Creatine's increased concentration and the equilibrium to-and-fro fat deposits, the body stores more of it in fat when its activity (not to be confused with efficacy) is higher. These unnecessarily stored creatines can lay dormant in the body for decades and fuck your balance up later in life. This is one of the reasons why a lot of weight trainers adopt the 6/46 or 6/47 training schedule as opposed to a 7/52 which would logically provide higher gains. It lets the body run some of the stored water and excess creatine down, and is generally healthier for your muscles to grow at a slower pace and a slightly more natural environment.

Quarterquack
04-04-2012, 05:44 AM
Also, Idol, you're right. Work-out and PWO aren't high on my priorities. I prefer Tennis since I've all but given up relying on teammates. All I need is a couple of bananas and water.

mjmacky
04-04-2012, 07:21 AM
Right, but given Creatine's increased concentration and the equilibrium to-and-fro fat deposits, the body stores more of it in fat when its activity (not to be confused with efficacy) is higher. These unnecessarily stored creatines can lay dormant in the body for decades and fuck your balance up later in life.

We are talking about creatine, right?

With all that hydrogen bonding and nitrogen/oxygen incorporation, what makes you think this would be lipid soluble, let alone finding itself readily incorporated into fatty acid chains? I've never studied creatine behavior or anything, but on a purely fundamental approach, the thought that "most of it is stored in fat" is beyond far fetched.

IdolEyes787
04-04-2012, 11:40 AM
Forgive me, I missed the amyl in the middle. :happy:

Your body also produces DMT which Something Else mentioned, but I don't see you rushing to take that in for happiness or an edge. The thing most people ignore is that even if your body already produces something, it also regulates it. Your adding more to the pool of available proteins isn't really going to help. Sure, it increases a lot of Phosphate pathways etc. but there are other rate limiting steps involved in those pathways that are Creatine-independent. This is the explanation for all the muscle water weight you gain with Creatine. The body simply can't hydrolyze as fast as it needs, and it definitely can't utilize Creatine-P as fast as you supplement it. Your body can accustom itself to naturally produce that extra Creatine should it need it.

Your experience of feeling less exhausted after a work-out is not a placebo. But that's all the advantage Creatine supplements can actually give you. Creatine is great for short-burst energy, usually the 45 minute optimal work-outs etc. Other than that, it really can't do much in the body in the long-term. Just google "Creatine Efficacy" if you need more on that, but almost no one in the scientific/medical community thinks it's worth supplementing for the long term or for endurance sports.

Right, but given Creatine's increased concentration and the equilibrium to-and-fro fat deposits, the body stores more of it in fat when its activity (not to be confused with efficacy) is higher. These unnecessarily stored creatines can lay dormant in the body for decades and fuck your balance up later in life. This is one of the reasons why a lot of weight trainers adopt the 6/46 or 6/47 training schedule as opposed to a 7/52 which would logically provide higher gains. It lets the body run some of the stored water and excess creatine down, and is generally healthier for your muscles to grow at a slower pace and a slightly more natural environment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAXo3Wr_nYU

manker
04-04-2012, 11:49 AM
:mellow:
I'm not reading all that scientician shit.

tesco would be appalled that his fantastic thread franchise is being sullied in this way.

Snee
04-04-2012, 12:04 PM
Idk. It might get interesting now.

mjmacky
04-04-2012, 12:26 PM
:mellow:
I'm not reading all that scientician shit.

tesco would be appalled that his fantastic thread franchise is being sullied in this way.

I'm just trying to annoy everyone here, and see if Idol either botches a suicide attempt or swears off creatine for life.

IdolEyes787
04-04-2012, 02:49 PM
Also, Idol, you're right. Work-out and PWO aren't high on my priorities. I prefer Tennis since I've all but given up relying on teammates. All I need is a couple of bananas and water.Tennis seems a lot more interesting than I remember it to be.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4iVLKzDPrI

Quarterquack
04-04-2012, 05:44 PM
We are talking about creatine, right?

With all that hydrogen bonding and nitrogen/oxygen incorporation, what makes you think this would be lipid soluble, let alone finding itself readily incorporated into fatty acid chains? I've never studied creatine behavior or anything, but on a purely fundamental approach, the thought that "most of it is stored in fat" is beyond far fetched.

Fat stores Lipids and Water in a 1:3 ratio in its storage tissues. Basically almost any and all circulatory molecules get stored. 'Tis why people can have resurgence or allergic reactions from foods they haven't eaten in a very long time.

the thought that "most of it is stored in fat" is beyond far fetched.

What what what what what what? I don't think I ever said that, and if I did I was drunk. There's a gigantic difference between "more of it gets incorporated into fat tissue and lays dormant" and "most of it is in fat". 90% of the body's Creatine is targeted for muscle tissue.

Snee
04-04-2012, 05:58 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=iv&src_vid=pd1kwkguDqM&annotation_id=annotation_96598&v=dSorEwCM7Fw#t=50s

Skiz
04-04-2012, 06:44 PM

IdolEyes787
04-04-2012, 09:10 PM

Sorry but I don't know what idk means.

chalice
04-04-2012, 09:19 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=iv&src_vid=pd1kwkguDqM&annotation_id=annotation_96598&v=dSorEwCM7Fw#t=50s

Quality.

Having serious indernets terrificulties. ISP is a knob jockey. Up and down like bombed out Mosque. I'll prolly get cut off before I post this sentence. Cunts. :emo:

Edit: My internets is so shite it makes me misspells things. This is wank.

Snee
04-04-2012, 09:53 PM

Sorry but I don't know what idk means.

I already perpetrated that joke upon a rather less than brilliant coworker, the other week.

"idk"
"What does that mean?"
"I don't know"
"What?"
"idk"

And so it went. Good times.

In her defense, women are bad at the internets. And in her case probably not super at the english, either.

Snee
04-04-2012, 09:59 PM

Quality.

I like the bit when they've stolen Ivan's parents' heroin best.

Having serious indernets terrificulties. ISP is a knob jockey. Up and down like bombed out Mosque. I'll prolly get cut off before I post this sentence. Cunts. :emo:

Edit: My internets is so shite it makes me misspells things. This is wank.

Hahaha.

manker
04-04-2012, 10:16 PM
I thought that was shite for the first minute, but I was away from the keyboard so didn't turn it off. It turned out rather better than expected.

I definitely thought of Mary a fair bit during the latter stages of the clip. A paedophile but in the completely unheralded positive sense of the word.

manker
04-04-2012, 10:17 PM
Maybe Michael really did only want to play with them :smilie4:

mjmacky
04-05-2012, 09:26 AM
I thought that was shite for the first minute, but I was away from the keyboard so didn't turn it off. It turned out rather better than expected.

I definitely thought of Mary a fair bit during the latter stages of the clip. A paedophile but in the completely unheralded positive sense of the word.

From the clips I have seen in the past, I've not been that entertained by the rub her bandaids, but since you entangled them with me, I just wasted 5 minutes with no payoff. Die.

manker
04-05-2012, 11:01 AM
You didn't manage to elicit any kind of feel-good factor from it.

Sometimes I think we're making great strides, but other times I feel as if I'll never completely humanise you.

ckrit
04-05-2012, 11:03 AM

From the clips I have seen in the past, I've not been that entertained by the rub her bandaids, but since you entangled them with me, I just wasted 5 minutes with no payoff. Die.

ingrate.

mjmacky
04-05-2012, 11:29 AM

ingrate.

Well duh. Aren't you someone's dupe account or something?

manker
04-05-2012, 11:33 AM
There's just no fooling this guy.

ckrit
04-05-2012, 11:34 AM
ffs

mjmacky
04-05-2012, 11:47 AM
Don't all rush at once to tell me whose. You don't expect me to browse the post history do you?

chalice
04-05-2012, 11:51 AM
It's a ckrit.

Artemis
04-05-2012, 12:02 PM
:glagpinch:

mjmacky
04-05-2012, 01:15 PM
It's a ckrit.

That's the nicest gesture ever.

chalice
04-05-2012, 01:20 PM
It's a ckrit.

I knew you'd think that. But it ain't me, babe. No, no, no, it ain't me babe. It ain't me you're looking for, babe.

True story.

mjmacky
04-05-2012, 01:46 PM

I knew you'd think that. But it ain't me, babe. No, no, no, it ain't me babe. It ain't me you're looking for, babe.

True story.

A possibility, but would it make one iota of difference if it were you or not? Nope, none at all. I will therefore operate under the guys that it's you, with no conceivable effect from the presence or absence of err.

Artemis
04-05-2012, 01:48 PM
Actually that reminds me, I have a spare a/c lying around from when the nazi's took over my a/c and and some truly horrible things with it, I just can't for the life of me remember the password....(for the other a/c).

mjmacky
04-05-2012, 03:18 PM
This one had me loling out loud. It's older, but came across it when checking out some of the Between Two Ferns that I got a little behind on.

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/f8fab67257/rachel-bilson-s-deleted-sex-scene

mjmacky
04-05-2012, 03:23 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpNG2LVEuuI

chalice
04-05-2012, 04:59 PM

True story.

A possibility, but would it make one iota of difference if it were you or not? Nope, none at all. I will therefore operate under the guys that it's you, with no conceivable effect from the presence or absence of err.

Ah, there was an old saying in the death camps. 'If you assume you're only A SchutzStaffel Unter Muttershizza Esser'.

Or something like that. I couldn't make much out from the roar of the ovens.

mjmacky
04-05-2012, 05:16 PM
Ah, there was an old saying in the death camps. 'If you assume you're only A SchutzStaffel Unter Muttershizza Esser'.

Or something like that. I couldn't make much out from the roar of the ovens.

Back to the lack of consideration then, I can barely see the text using this Black Stealth theme. I think it's something in German.

IdolEyes787
04-05-2012, 05:40 PM
Seriously wtf? http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/justin-bieber-award-tribeca-film-festival-scooter-braun-308313

mjmacky
04-05-2012, 05:47 PM
Seriously wtf? http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/justin-bieber-award-tribeca-film-festival-scooter-braun-308313

Going from youtube to *paid* stardom is a feat. What I quarrel with is the term "contribution".

Snee
04-05-2012, 07:53 PM

News at ten: Tribeca's board infiltrated and now run by fourteen-year-old girls. You heard it here first.

Either that or that's a bit late for an april fools joke, one should think.

Artemis
04-05-2012, 09:49 PM
You know I was really happy when Justin Bieber was shot to death on CSI:Crime Scene Investigation. I was secretely hoping for a stunt co-ordinator that was a crack cocaine addict and got confused about which were the real bullets and which were the blanks, but it wasn't to be sadly.

Snee
04-05-2012, 09:54 PM
Seen that scene in House of Wax where Paris Hilton gets stabbed through the head with a steel rod or something?

It's a good scene.

megabyteme
04-06-2012, 12:00 AM

It has got to be one of these. :fear:

IdolEyes787
04-06-2012, 06:56 PM
I just found out that Chuck Norris turned 72 on March 10th. I don't care how much he uses that Total Gym (http://www.totalgymdirect.com/total-gym-chuck-norris.php) I'm still reasonably sure that I could take him now.

megabyteme
04-06-2012, 08:45 PM
I just found out that Chuck Norris turned 72 on March 10th. I don't care how much he uses that Total Gym (http://www.totalgymdirect.com/total-gym-chuck-norris.php) I'm still reasonably sure that I could take him now.

Chuck Norris didn't turn 72, the universe revolved around Chuck Norris 72 times.

Artemis
04-06-2012, 10:27 PM
It's not really much of an achievement though, waiting till someone is elderly then kicking the tar out of them. :sick:

IdolEyes787
04-06-2012, 10:41 PM
It's not really much of an achievement though, waiting till someone is elderly then kicking the tar out of them. :sick:
Don't knock what you haven't tried.

brotherdoobie
04-06-2012, 10:45 PM

You probably could take Chuck out, but not Bruce Lee .

-doobs :snooty:

IdolEyes787
04-06-2012, 10:58 PM

You probably could take Chuck out, but not Bruce Lee .

-doobs :snooty:

No Bruce Lee would have to be dead a lot longer before I would even try. Even then I'd probably have a go at Brandon first to test the waters just to be on the safe side.

brotherdoobie
04-06-2012, 11:04 PM
I see you have thought this through.

Good man.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PLBXAcKyDw

-doobs

mjmacky
04-07-2012, 07:03 AM
All he would need are bigger matches and he could work on perfecting the shoot fireball technique.

Snee
04-10-2012, 08:43 PM

manker
04-10-2012, 09:12 PM
That's horrendous.
Snee, or should I say stefan, you need to get brighter friends.

Snee
04-10-2012, 09:19 PM
I go by Stefon (http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xd3pzo_stefon-s-new-york-hot-spots_travel) these days.

manker
04-10-2012, 09:29 PM
I go by Stefon (http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xd3pzo_stefon-s-new-york-hot-spots_travel) these days.You post creepers.
I don't mean :dave: I mean that the last three things you've posted I've thought were rubbish but, out of deference, moved the mouse out of finger range and persevered until I ended up really liking the thing.

mjmacky
04-11-2012, 11:55 AM
I go by Stefon (http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xd3pzo_stefon-s-new-york-hot-spots_travel) these days.You post creepers.
I don't mean :dave: I mean that the last three things you've posted I've thought were rubbish but, out of deference, moved the mouse out of finger range and persevered until I ended up really liking the thing.

There's been a bunch of Stefon segments, they get better and better every time. They're getting so amped up with it that Hader is almost bound to break in every time he does the segment now. A recent one:

http://www.hulu.com/watch/309563/saturday-night-live-weekend-update-stefon#s-p7-sr-i2

I'm also particularly loving the drunk uncle segments.

http://www.hulu.com/watch/348495/saturday-night-live-weekend-update-drunk-uncle#s-p1-sr-i2

Snee
04-11-2012, 05:13 PM
hulu doesn't work outside of the US without a fantastic proxy or vpn, sadly.

The rubberbandits especially take a while to get used to. The first time I saw a video of theirs, Horse Outside (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljPFZrRD3J8), I only stayed with it cos it was chalice who linked it. Ended up having them on my playlist at work. People walking by think I'm a mentalist when it's on.

I also didn't appreciate SNL too well, initially, but I enjoy a (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQlIhraqL7o) lot (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0DeIqJm4vM) of (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yvEYKRF5IA) Lonely (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAYL5H46QnQ) Island (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TA93eO30hxo), so gave it another go, and ended up really liking a lot of skits. The aforementioned Bill Hader is brilliant at times.

Pro at Cooking (http://blip.tv/pro-at-cooking) I got from mulder. First couple of minutes I was like wtf, then I realised how glorious it is.

Snee
04-11-2012, 05:54 PM
IE, your reactions to it all are probably about the same as mine.

Not promising owt about lonely island tho. It's very american.

Something Else
04-11-2012, 05:57 PM
http://www2.b3ta.com/buffyswear/

Meh. Wigans. :no:

mjmacky
04-11-2012, 06:18 PM
hulu doesn't work outside of the US without a fantastic proxy or vpn, sadly.

Don't know why I was under the impression that it works in UK & Canada.

Snee
04-11-2012, 06:25 PM
Afaik, it has always required some sort of workaround for anywhere outside of the US.

I used hotspot shield for it, for a bit, but I think that that might not work anymore. Haven't tried it for a long time.

mjmacky
04-12-2012, 12:18 AM
Afaik, it has always required some sort of workaround for anywhere outside of the US.

I used hotspot shield for it, for a bit, but I think that that might not work anymore. Haven't tried it for a long time.

Well here's a short list for the bits you may have missed:
---Stefon---
"built from the bucket list of a dying pervert"
"managed by overweight game show host Fat Sajak"
"the bouncer is a bulldog who looks like Wilford Brimley, and the password is 'diabeetis'"
"Hanukkah cartoon character, Menorah the Explorer"
"Spud Webb, he's doing double duty"
"Special showing of a African holiday classic, A Fish Called Kwanzaa"
"Flaccid outreach group, Doctors without Boners"
"Sorry I never knew you had a family, I just thought you were built by gay scientists"

---Drunk Uncle---
"Boop boop; hey Siri, why did a Chinaman steal my job?"
"What's the matter Lyssa, cat got your Prius?"
"Ebay of Pigs!"
"All these kids care about... is... is this WiFi organic?"
"Netflix me, you know what you should put in your Netflix queue? A haircut."
DU: No you say knock knock.
SM: Knock knock
DU: Who's there?
SM: I don't know
DU: Just say immigrants, start over
SM: Knock knock
DU: Who's there?
SM: Immigrants
DU: Go away

Artemis
04-12-2012, 12:58 AM
That's actually why I larf at all the people who buy parallel imported Kindle Fire devices here since virtually all the content is locked down to U.S. I.P.s and the morons who are rushing out to buy them are too stupid to know the difference, it really is consumerism for consumerism's sake. I would however like to see some extremely popular media content that specifically excludes U.S. I.P. addresses for a change :naughty:

ckrit
04-12-2012, 07:33 AM
Kindle Fires are kind of shit, tbh. A dated and crippled version of android running on mediocre hardware kind of make them pointless. And no e-ink display, either, which makes them no better than about a dozen of similar hong kong-tablets out there.

People should either get a proper ebook-reader with a pearl display or better, a regular android tablet with Moboplayer, Perfectviewer, Aldiko and/or the Kindle app, or both. One's far nicer to the eyes, and the other does what the Kindle fire does and more, pretty much.

mjmacky
04-12-2012, 08:00 AM
The thing with the Kindle Fire is there was a time where you can get them on the cheap (perhaps still the situation). After that, root it and load the Android window manager and Marketplace (play with me store or whatever it's called now), and you've got a cheap tablet. Hardware did seem weak though, I modded one for a friend and I was testing different videos with MoboPlayer and it was choking on SD material (AVC codec) while using software decoding.

ckrit
04-12-2012, 08:36 AM
With the specs it has, it should be able to do SD just fine. My phone does it with a 1Ghz single core cpu, and 512MB RAM (same amount of memory as kindle, albeit a bit low for today's standards). Either there was too much crap on it, or it's some sort of non-standard hardware setup android or moboplayer has issues with.

Maybe flashing it with a new ROM would improve it, if the issue is the former.

Fucknose if it's worth the effort, though. That's bound to screw with your warranty if it breaks down while there's some sort of homebrew ROM on it, and then you could just go with something from hong kong for about the same price, with about the same specs and vanilla 2.3.5 or something installed already. I'd rather go with something like an Aoson M19 or a Flytouch 6, tbh. Single cores IIRC, but with more RAM and storage, and no need to root root them straight off the bat.

blackpirate
04-12-2012, 08:42 AM
i'm the winner :DD

ckrit
04-12-2012, 08:46 AM
i'm the winner :DD
Fuck off. Humans are talking here. This is not for monkeys.

manker
04-12-2012, 09:51 AM
h8rz

I recently augmented my Kindle collection with the astute purchase of a Kindle Fire. And it's ace.

Coincidentally, I brought them all into work today to do clever nerd stuff with that y'all probably wouldn't understand :snooty:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v31/samsamsamsam/kindles.png

ckrit
04-12-2012, 10:35 AM
You really should clear your purchases with me before you buy silly stuffs like that :no:

manker
04-12-2012, 12:07 PM
If I did that, I wouldn't be the only person on the internets who owns both an iPad and a Kindle Fire.
I am, therefore, in an unrivalled position to inform the good people of FST that Kindle winz.

ckrit
04-12-2012, 12:23 PM
Basically: anything that's dependent on itunes < anything that isn't.

So I agree, the kindle fire must be better.

manker
04-12-2012, 12:30 PM
My purchasing ethos based purely upon whether something looks nice and/or has a cool name wins out again :01:

Artemis
04-12-2012, 12:40 PM
h8rz

Coincidentally, I brought them all into work today to do clever nerd stuff with that y'all probably wouldn't understand :snooty:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v31/samsamsamsam/kindles.png

Oh I understand very clearly about the 'nerdy stuff' including sideloading the Fire to accept standard android apps without having to load a custom android image to it (which you can do as well) and also using StrongVPN or another VPN service to access the premium content offered on the Kindle Fire i.e. NetFlix a/c, Hulu a/c, Amazon 'Premium' a/c, I was just patiently explaining earlier that most of the fuckwits that have rushed out to buy the Kindle Fire here because it is a trendy buzz word are morons with too much money and exactly the kind of wankpots who will sit there going it's not working.... :frusty:

manker
04-12-2012, 01:05 PM
h8rz

Oh I understand very clearly about the 'nerdy stuff' including sideloading the Fire to accept standard android apps without having to load a custom android image to it (which you can do as well) and also using StrongVPN or another VPN service to access the premium content offered on the Kindle Fire i.e. NetFlix a/c, Hulu a/c, Amazon 'Premium' a/c, I was just patiently explaining earlier that most of the fuckwits that have rushed out to buy the Kindle Fire here because it is a trendy buzz word are morons with too much money and exactly the kind of wankpots who will sit there going it's not working.... :frusty:Honestly, I had no idea that I wouldn't be able to access the app store or other stuff when I bought it. I just thought; 'fuck, that's cheap and it looks cool'.
My comments were, as usual, parodies. All three of you are comparative nerds :]

After I made the purchase, I did some reading and discovered my future problems while I was waiting for it to arrive. It's really not too hard to root it and get onto the google marketplace. It's all working quite nicely now and I've transferred my books over, which is the main thing I'll use it for. I'm a bit worried about the battery life but I don't see it being too much of an issue since we seem to have mini-usb chargers dotted around in all seven corners of the house, what with their recent ubiquity.
Doubt I'll watch any films on it - I've never used my other tablets or phones for such frippery. I don't see the point when I've got a television the size of a medium sized Romanian dwelling in my living room.

Looks like it's gonna be good for dicking around on the internets and watching poor quality stolen live footie streams, though. Adobe is Amazon's friend, I hear.

ckrit
04-12-2012, 01:23 PM
Doubt I'll watch any films on it - I've never used my other tablets or phones for such frippery. I don't see the point when I've got a television the size of a medium sized Romanian dwelling in my living room.

That sounds positively tiny.

Is that one of those small 50" TVs the hoi polloi buy?

manker
04-12-2012, 01:29 PM

That sounds positively tiny.

Is that one of those small 50" TVs the hoi polloi buy?No, it's a 43". I've put the 50" one up on the wall in a different room for x-bawks porpoises.

One doesn't like to appear too ostentatious.

ckrit
04-12-2012, 01:44 PM
How quaint.

On a Slightly more serious note, the parents have a 46" telly. Last weekend, as I visited I sat there thinking it was hella small, and that they should really pick up something better. Then I realised it's still enormous compared to what I had when I was at uni, and probably compared to what most people have, and indeed compared to the screens on my tablet and phone. It felt a bit surreal, somehow.

Get a projector, and you too can experience the superiority complex that comes with watching stuff on 100"+, daily.

ckrit
04-12-2012, 01:46 PM
Anything below 720p can look a bit blurry, though.

manker
04-12-2012, 02:13 PM
How quaint.

On a Slightly more serious note, the parents have a 46" telly. Last weekend, as I visited I sat there thinking it was hella small, and that they should really pick up something better. Then I realised it's still enormous compared to what I had when I was at uni, and probably compared to what most people have, and indeed compared to the screens on my tablet and phone. It felt a bit surreal, somehow.

Get a projector, and you too can experience the superiority complex that comes with watching stuff on 100"+, daily.Fuck me, mate. I'm not made of krona like wot you are.

I remember that The fashioned one from a real actual laboratory projector he nicked from school and posted pics.
It put me off ever owning one. Might just have been the lack of any kind of wall facing or just the festering wank pile of wank that was The's room.

Anyway, I've got too much 3D stuff to be thinking about projectors. I assume that would be a problem.

ckrit
04-12-2012, 02:24 PM
Mine has 3d-support :idunno:

It's one of these (http://www.expertreviews.co.uk/projectors/1288780/epson-eh-tw5900).

I found it trickier to pick a screen than the projector itself. There are a lot of choices ranging from like £100 for 90" up to two or three times what the projector itself costs. And different choices of whites and greys with different gains and refractions, suitable for different lighting conditions.

Could paint a wall as well, and use that, but the paint matters too.

manker
04-12-2012, 02:30 PM
The game just changed :smilie4:

For some reason, I just assumed you wouldn't get 3D. idk why since I've watched films in the cinema in 3D.
So basically you can just plug everything into the back of that which you would normally plug into your tellybox, rite?

Do you have to put it on the ceiling?

ckrit
04-12-2012, 02:41 PM
Mine has hdmi and that, so no worries on connecting it.

It doesn't have to be mounted on the ceiling. I had mine in a shelf at first. Now it's mounted on the wall.

Can also put one on a table. They vary in what sort of throw they have, so whatever you pick, you need to check so it can do the distance you want from the wall.

ckrit
04-12-2012, 02:48 PM
They project at an angle, but something decent, like mine, should let you flip the image.

So if hanging from the ceiling or a wall, upside down, it puts the image on the wall or screen with the top parallel to the lense*. Flip it right side up and flip the image back, and it projects the image with the bottom parallel to the lense*.

*This is assuming the projector is level.

brotherdoobie
04-12-2012, 03:08 PM
I believe I need a fresh start, like.

-d00bs

Proper Bo
04-12-2012, 03:37 PM
I've got an incurable disease (not aids) :emo:

manker
04-12-2012, 03:39 PM

It doesn't have to be mounted on the ceiling. I had mine in a shelf at first. Now it's mounted on the wall.

Can also put one on a table. They vary in what sort of throw they have, so whatever you pick, you need to check so it can do the distance you want from the wall.

They project at an angle, but something decent, like mine, should let you flip the image.

So if hanging from the ceiling or a wall, upside down, it puts the image on the wall or screen with the top parallel to the lense*. Flip it right side up and flip the image back, and it projects the image with the bottom parallel to the lense*.

Food for thought, indeed.
I haven't had my current set-up all that long, so won't be changing for a wee while, but from what you've said, those projectors aren't as much fuss and bother as The made out.

manker
04-12-2012, 03:40 PM

It's hepatitis, innit.
Or a cold.

Or are you already regretting getting married.

manker
04-12-2012, 03:41 PM
I believe I need a fresh start, like.

-d00bsWait 'til the kids have moved out and go on a serial shagging spree.
You know it makes sence.

Proper Bo
04-12-2012, 04:03 PM

It's hepatitis, innit.
Or a cold.

Or are you already regretting getting married.

No, it's alopecia

Proper Bo
04-12-2012, 04:04 PM
had a bald spot appeared on the side of my heid a couple of months ago, finally got nagged into going to the dr today for him to tell me what it was (even though it was quite obvious anyway)

manker
04-12-2012, 04:09 PM
You get that from stress, innit. What are you stressed about :unsure:

manker
04-12-2012, 04:09 PM
and also; pics

Proper Bo
04-12-2012, 04:10 PM
fucknose :unsure:

Proper Bo
04-12-2012, 04:14 PM

mjmacky
04-12-2012, 04:25 PM
Why are all of your images captured on CCTV?

Proper Bo
04-12-2012, 04:25 PM
£5 webcam, innit

mjmacky
04-12-2012, 04:27 PM
£5 webcam, innit

That's a heavy webcam.

Proper Bo
04-12-2012, 04:29 PM
I see what you did there.

manker
04-12-2012, 04:31 PM

I've never seen real life alopecia before, it looks like you've just slept on the one side of your head too much.
Grow your hair or something else.

Was that what the doctor said?

Proper Bo
04-12-2012, 04:32 PM

I've never seen real life alopecia before, it looks like you've just slept on the one side of your head too much.
Grow your hair or something else.

Was that what the doctor said?

pretty much what I expected. It'll either grow back or it'll not grow back or something else.

Proper Bo
04-12-2012, 04:34 PM
I went to school with a lass who had total alopecia. She was quite popular cause she had big tits and was completely hairless (apart from her wig on her head, like)

Snee
04-12-2012, 04:34 PM
had a bald spot appeared on the side of my heid a couple of months ago, finally got nagged into going to the dr today for him to tell me what it was (even though it was quite obvious anyway)

My little brother started losing hair a while back, it's not certain it's that tho, might just be a fuckload of stress, but I helped him look into it.

If you're rly bothered about it, rogaine is supposed to halp in a lot of cases if wot you've got works like the usual age-related baldness type of deal. Costs a bit, and only halps as long as you keep up using it, tho.

Supposedly there are some sort of hormone pills for it as well, and those are meant to help for a long time (again, if it works like the usual) but apparently they kill your sex drive for months.

I'd just start shaving my head if I started losing hair in a big way, tho.

Proper Bo
04-12-2012, 04:35 PM

My little brother started losing hair a while back, it's not certain it's that tho, might just be a fuckload of stress, but I helped him look into it.

If you're rly bothered about it, rogaine is supposed to halp in a lot of cases if wot you've got works like the usual. Costs a bit, and only halps as long as you keep up using it, tho.

Supposedly there are some sort of hormone pills for it as well, and those are meant to help for a long time (again, if it works like the usual) but apparently they kill your sex drive for months.

I'd just start shaving my head if I started losing hair in a big way, tho.

I've been shaving my head for the last 10 years or so anyway, I'm not really that fussed.
I did get given some steroid cream stuff that supposedly helps tho'.

manker
04-12-2012, 04:38 PM
hmmz. it would have been better if he had given you some kind of potion to fix it.
Does your mam still make you live in the attic? Perhaps it's something to do with that :unsure:

Something Else
04-12-2012, 04:48 PM
Bo. Do you scratch the balding side more often than the other.

ckrit
04-12-2012, 04:50 PM

I haven't had my current set-up all that long, so won't be changing for a wee while, but from what you've said, those projectors aren't as much fuss and bother as The made out.

This is from right after I put up my screen. It'll give you an idea of what sort of size is doable. The flash buggered up the contrast and black bits somewhat fierce, though. I think it's something to do with how the material reflects light. :earl: the borders below and above the image would look black, fex:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/snorlax/DSC_0028.jpg

I was watching the new Thing, and of the photos I took, it was either that or one with a blurry wolf.

The projector is mounted on the opposite wall, which is about 4 meters away.

I just used the wall at first, and had it do a bigger image, but I'd have needed to paint the wall all proper like. The wallpaper didn't work very well, and the wall is a bit uneven.

Proper Bo
04-12-2012, 04:55 PM

Nope, no skin irritation/inflammation/infection or allergies or owt at all.

Proper Bo
04-12-2012, 04:56 PM

This is from right after I put up my screen. It'll give you an idea of what sort of size is doable. The flash buggered up the contrast and black bits somewhat fierce, though. I think it's something to do with how the material reflects light. :earl: the borders below and above the image would look black, fex:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/snorlax/DSC_0028.jpg

I was watching the new Thing, and of the photos I took, it was either that or one with a blurry wolf.

I just used the wall at first, and had it do a bigger image, but I'd have needed to paint the wall all proper like. The wallpaper didn't work very well, and the wall is a bit uneven.

Did someone steal your furniture? :o

ckrit
04-12-2012, 05:02 PM
Naw. I just don't have enough furniture to fill the entire room :emo:

ckrit
04-12-2012, 05:03 PM
I keep meaning to get some sort of shelf for the dvds and that, from the local ikea or something, but I get sidetracked.

Proper Bo
04-12-2012, 05:04 PM
I keep meaning to get some sort of shelf for the dvds and that, from the local ikea or something, but I get sidetracked.

you have ikea over there? :o

ckrit
04-12-2012, 05:06 PM
I know, right.

Thank fuck some clever american invented ikea or I'd be sat on the floor watching my stories, like.

Something Else
04-12-2012, 05:07 PM

I meant it more in a second world war tic kind of way, which may have caused it.

Proper Bo
04-12-2012, 05:09 PM

I meant it more in a second world war tic kind of way, which may have caused it.

Nope, nowt like that, it just appeared (the missus noticed it a couple of months ago, then i spotted it the next thyme I shaved my heid).

Snee
04-12-2012, 05:14 PM
Do you shave it altogether, or do you use clippers at the lowest setting or something?

I tried shaving it all off last summer, but couldn't get beyond a bit of stubble. First I tried clippers, then I went at it with an electric shaver.

Even tried one of them disposable razor-thingies, but my hair just messed it up. It basically did nothing.

Proper Bo
04-12-2012, 05:19 PM
I mostly use clippers with no guard but if i'm feeling fancy, i'll use a razor and get it right down to smooth skin (takes a bit of time to get it all smooth, like). My hair grows quick tho', if I use a razor it's back to the length it'd be if i'd used clippers with no guard within a couple of days.

Proper Bo
04-12-2012, 05:21 PM
Don't use a disposable razor, they're shite. I use the same gillette razor I use on my face for it (use a new head though) and that works best. Shaving it as short as possible with clippers first makes it a whole load easier too.

Snee
04-12-2012, 05:27 PM
Last time I did mine, about a month ago, I had the guard on, at the lowest setting. Actually, first I tried like 4 cm, but didn't have a comb, so it didn't work too well, so I went to 3 cm, which also was crap, then I tried 2.5 and it sort of worked, but I messed up at the back of my head. So I just went with the lowest, which is 3mm.

Then I took the guard off to trim a bit, and got burnt. I'd been running it for so long, it had gotten hot.

Next day at work I had a red streak on the back of my neck. True story.

Snee
04-12-2012, 05:27 PM
Don't use a disposable razor, they're shite. I use the same gillette razor I use on my face for it (use a new head though) and that works best. Shaving it as short as possible with clippers first makes it a whole load easier too.

Ta for the tip.

Proper Bo
04-12-2012, 05:28 PM
Last time I did mine, about a month ago, I had the guard on, at the lowest setting. Actually, first I tried like 4 cm, but didn't have a comb, so it didn't work too well, so I went to 3 cm, which also was crap, then I tried 2.5 and it sort of worked, but I messed up at the back of my head. Se I just went with the lowest, which is 3mm.

Then I took the guard off to trim a bit, and got burnt. I'd been running it for so long, it had gotten hot.

Next day at work I had a red streak on the back of my neck. True story.

You've either got some weird northern euro hair type which refuses to be cut by normal methods or your clippers are a bit shit.

Proper Bo
04-12-2012, 05:30 PM

Ta for the tip.

Use plenty of shaving gel too, obviousment.

Snee
04-12-2012, 05:30 PM
It's sewper thick. It used to grow hella fast as well, but it's slowed down since last year.

Idfk what that's about.

IdolEyes787
04-12-2012, 07:02 PM
Those that have talent, do.Those who have none, judge.

http://ca.eonline.com/news/britney_spears_will_get_record_15/307137#ixzz1rmGIRYAn

Something Else
04-12-2012, 07:59 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Om17yHZrXtE

Innit.

manker
04-12-2012, 08:48 PM

I just used the wall at first, and had it do a bigger image, but I'd have needed to paint the wall all proper like. The wallpaper didn't work very well, and the wall is a bit uneven.Those black borders on the plain wall look decent indeed. Whatcha doing for sound, like. Are those speakers at the front there wireless or wut.
I'd want all the wires and discs and other peripheries and shiz hidden underneath the projector in the black boxy thing I already have which my telly sits on that I bought from Ikea (hint).

Also, does the projector have exactly perpendicular to the screen/wall?

ckrit
04-12-2012, 09:03 PM
You can do all sorts of adjustments through lens shift and keystone corrections. But if you can, it's best to avoid keystone. For a while, however, using lens shift and keystone correction, I had it projecting onto that wall from a corner in the room, and that worked. You may end up with more light spilling outside the frame that way, however.

The center speaker is part of a 5.1 kit. It's wired, but I redid that with a longer cable so it's not lying across the floor.

I think you mean the frame for the screen when you say border, though. But basically, you can get the screen looking that black, ofc depending on what sort of ambient lighting you've got and that.

With a high contrast type grey screen stuff looks properly black with a fair bit of ambient light. You also want a projector with more lumens than the standard if you expect that the room won't always be dark, while you're watching. That's part of why I picked that projector.

ckrit
04-12-2012, 09:14 PM
This is good for projector infoz:

http://www.projectorpeople.com/screens/surfaces.asp

manker
04-12-2012, 09:21 PM
You can do all sorts of adjustments through lens shift and keystone corrections. But if you can, it's best to avoid keystone. For a while, however, using lens shift and keystone correction, I had it projecting onto that wall from a corner in the room, and that worked. You may end up with more light spilling outside the frame that way, however.

The center speaker is part of a 5.1 kit. It's wired, but I redid that with a longer cable so it's not lying across the floor.

I think you mean the frame for the screen when you say border, though. But basically, you can get the screen looking that black, ofc depending on what sort of ambient lighting you've got and that.

With a high contrast type grey screen stuff looks properly black with a fair bit of ambient light. You also want a projector with more lumens than the standard if you expect that the room won't always be dark, while you're watching. That's part of why I picked that projector.Yeah. I didn't really understand a lot of the jargon there. Except to say that a frame is technically a border :eyebrows:

We could have the perfect arrangement if you lived closer.
You could swing by and inspect my hardware and I could subsequently come over and touch up your interior.

manker
04-12-2012, 10:04 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v31/samsamsamsam/boatse.png

Proper Bo
04-12-2012, 11:37 PM
racist

Proper Bo
04-12-2012, 11:37 PM
:lol:

also, since when do ewe need to wait 30 seconds between posts?:o

Proper Bo
04-12-2012, 11:43 PM
in other news, my interweb speed seems to have more than doubled :01:

mjmacky
04-13-2012, 12:01 AM

I was going to ask how long you were staring into an asshole while tracing that cut, but the thumbs are up... someone else is doing it?

manker
04-13-2012, 08:51 AM

I was going to ask how long you were staring into an asshole while tracing that cut, but the thumbs are up... someone else is doing it?Got the idea and gewgled 'goatse hands'.
I chose the ones which weren't renting asunder our deceased chum's butthole. And I think I was wise to do so.

manker
04-13-2012, 08:58 AM
in other news, my interweb speed seems to have more than doubled :01:

Mine did that a couple of months ago. Impressed, I was.

I've had loads of ideas for phoatieshawp pics to take the piss out of your alopecia, but the thing is, the one pic you posted is a bit shite.
Could you maybe take a pic with your phone and upload it ftw? :unsure:

mjmacky
04-13-2012, 10:19 AM
The fuck is all that? If I wanted faster internet, I have to go out and buy it. I don't just sit around and notice one day my bandwidth increased.

manker
04-13-2012, 10:24 AM
Myself and Boatse live in coal-mining/semi-rural parts of the UK and we simply cannot purchase faster internets.
We have to wait for people to upgrade our telephone exchanges before magical speeds can occur.

Proper Bo
04-13-2012, 11:10 AM
Myself and Boatse live in coal-mining/semi-rural parts of the UK and we simply cannot purchase faster internets.
We have to wait for people to upgrade our telephone exchanges before magical speeds can occur.

speak for yourself, welshist, I could get 100mb internets here if it wasn't so expensive:snooty:

ckrit
04-13-2012, 11:20 AM
Yeah. I didn't really understand a lot of the jargon there. Except to say that a frame is technically a border :eyebrows:

Lens shift and keystone correction are ways to alter the image so that the proportions look correct, even though the projector isn't exactly centered, like.

Illustrated, here. (http://htrgroup.com/images/doc_keystone_bookshelf.jpg)

Lens shift is mechanical, which is to say that the lens is physically adjusted to make it look right.

(Digital) Keystone does something similar, but instead of changing the angle and focus of the lens, it uses software to change the image which is to be projected. Lens shift is always better since it just sets the lens and then works passively rather than having to devote processing power to converting the image. Keystone may also distort the edges of the image noticeably depending on how good it is implemented, and how extreme the angles are. With both in combination you do get a lot of leeway on how to place the projector, though.

In my case I watch a lot of stuff through my computer as well, still through hdmi, and could in theory have the graphics card do the keystoning. Haven't tried it, however.

Lumen is a measurement of light. More lumens are brighter.

edit: Technically, I think you can also call what I call lens shift Optical keystone correction, and what I call Keystone Digital keystone correction. Idrk what's more correct. http://htrgroup.com/main.php?section=keystone

manker
04-13-2012, 11:29 AM
Yeah. I didn't really understand a lot of the jargon there. Except to say that a frame is technically a border :eyebrows:

Lens shift and keystone correction are ways to alter the image so that the proportions look correct, even though the projector isn't exactly centered, like.

Illustrated, here. (http://htrgroup.com/images/doc_keystone_bookshelf.jpg)

Lens shift is mechanical, which is to say that the lens is physically adjusted to make it look right.

(Digital) Keystone does something similar, but instead of changing the angle and focus of the lens, it uses software to change the image which is to be projected. Lens shift is always better since it just sets the lens and then works passively rather than having to devote processing power to converting the image. Keystone may also distort the edges of the image noticeably depending on how good it is implemented, and how extreme the angles are. With both in combination you do get a lot of leeway on how to place the projector, though.

In my case I watch a lot of stuff through my computer as well, still through hdmi, and could in theory have the graphics card do the keystoning. Haven't tried it, however.

Lumen is a measurement of light. More lumens are brighter.

edit: Technically, I think you can also call what I call lens shift Optical keystone correction, and what I call Keystone Digital keystone correction. Idrk what's more correct. http://htrgroup.com/main.php?section=keystone
So basically like digital zoom and regular zoom on a camera. Except different.

Cheers :happy:

ckrit
04-13-2012, 11:31 AM
In a way.

manker
04-13-2012, 11:33 AM

speak for yourself, welshist, I could get 100mb internets here if it wasn't so expensive:snooty:orly. I've recently gone from 4mb to 10mb cus of an exchange upgrade, and it rawks.
I didn't actually realise that you are posher than me :ghey:

Proper Bo
04-13-2012, 11:35 AM
speak for yourself, welshist, I could get 100mb internets here if it wasn't so expensive:snooty:orly. I've recently gone from 4mb to 10mb cus of an exchange upgrade, and it rawks.
I didn't actually realise that you are posher than me :ghey:

I went from 10mb to 20mb cause virgin are upgrading everyone, like.

Proper Bo
04-13-2012, 11:36 AM
I get 2.4MB/s download speed now, like, it used to be 1.1MB/s

edit: even tho' speedtest.net says i'm on 13mb internets, and not 20.

manker
04-13-2012, 11:37 AM
You got some download limits there with Virgin though?

ckrit
04-13-2012, 11:37 AM
If you're wondering how much work it is, I can tell you that the lens shift/optical keystone correction was very easy to grasp. Just a slider, pretty much. Same goes for zoom and focus. Setting up the (digital) keystone took slightly more effort. But we're not even talking minutes here. Tweaked stuff a fair bit to get everything just right, however.

I spent considerably more time mounting the projector on the wall and putting the screen up.

Proper Bo
04-13-2012, 11:38 AM
It may have changed since the upgrade but it was something like download more than 1.3 gig between 6pm and midnight and they MIGHT slow your interweb down for a few hours.

manker
04-13-2012, 11:45 AM
If you're wondering how much work it is, I can tell you that the lens shift/optical keystone correction was very easy to grasp. Just a slider, pretty much. Same goes for zoom and focus. Setting up the (digital) keystone took slightly more effort. But we're not even talking minutes here. Tweaked stuff a fair bit to get everything just right, however.

I spent considerably more time mounting the projector on the wall and putting the screen up.
I was thinking that the digital keystone sounded hard as soon as you said about the graphics card. I don't tend to tinker with that kind of thing, but I reckon I'd be oka with the lens stuff.

I think I'd use the wall as a screen since it's recently plastered and white. But I might get a border to put around it anyhow since it looked kinda nice.

Saying that, I'm not going to be doing anything for a while. I mentioned it last night and the missus reckons there's nothing wrong with the 6 month old tellybox we have and that we could go on holiday abroad for a week with what it would cost.
Which is technically true but spending a week being a responsible parent and getting sunburned < watching a big telly on the wall forevar

manker
04-13-2012, 11:48 AM
It may have changed since the upgrade but it was something like download more than 1.3 gig between 6pm and midnight and they MIGHT slow your interweb down for a few hours.
Doesn't sound too bad. I've never noticed any limitations and I do tend to steal a lot.
But it's always been so (comparatively) slow anyhow that they probably felt sorry for us :dabs:

Proper Bo
04-13-2012, 11:48 AM

I was thinking that the digital keystone sounded hard as soon as you said about the graphics card. I don't tend to tinker with that kind of thing, but I reckon I'd be oka with the lens stuff.

I think I'd use the wall as a screen since it's recently plastered and white. But I might get a border to put around it anyhow since it looked kinda nice.

Saying that, I'm not going to be doing anything for a while. I mentioned it last night and the missus reckons there's nothing wrong with the 6 month old tellybox we have and that we could go on holiday abroad for a week with what it would cost.
Which is technically true but spending a week being a responsible parent and getting sunburned < watching a big telly on the wall forevar

ewe think that's bad? the wench thought 37" was too big for a tellybox in the front room :no:

still, at least she'd prefer me to spend my money on tellyboxes and projectors than taking her abroad, cause she fucking hates forrins. :smilie4:

Proper Bo
04-13-2012, 11:49 AM
Doesn't sound too bad. I've never noticed any limitations and I do tend to steal a lot.
But it's always been so (comparatively) slow anyhow that they probably felt sorry for us :dabs:

mine always (well, up until the upgrade, haven't had chance to test it out properly yet) runs at fulll speed, 24/7.